Thread: More Computer Help

Default More Computer Help

Well, my cousin's been running into a problem with his IE/AOL. Whenever he types in a website into the bar and tries to go to it, he ends up in heretofind.com. No idea how, it just kind of came randomly. Does anyone here know how to get rid of it, or at least what's causing it? Just wondering if anyone knew.

Edit: Okay, I've been experiencing some computer problems myself over the last couple of days and I wanted to know if anyone could help. For some reason, my modem has been randomly shutting on/off, which it has done a lot before, and I'd go with a couple of weeks of it being normal before going on and off. And, today, I haven't been able to get online every once in awhile because even though my modem's been working, my computer put up a message saying there was a conflict of IPs and I wasn't able to get online. Then after restarting, I got a message from Windows saying there was a series error and it recovered and such. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.
    [scarletspider]
    [COLOR=White][SIZE=2]
    Breaking Hearts One At a Time

Default Computer Help

sounds like a hijacked start page or something. tell him to download adaware and hijackthis. both should fix his problem.

Banned

Default Computer Help

It's Malware. It's a 2-3 step process depending on what you want to do.

1) Download Ad-aware from www.lavasoft.de and install it. Then run it.
    2) Do the same for Spybot S/D from download.com.
    3) Stop using IE, and get a better browser

Should fix most of the stuff.

Banned

Default Computer Help

Da Big Cheez of TCG Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Computer Help

Seriously, everyone should learn to have at least these 3 programs: an anti-virus, an ad remover and a spyware remover. 2 of each is highly recommended, 3 if ur paranoid.

I use:

Norton (seriously outdated tho) and AVG
    Adaware
    Spybot S/D

For the harder problems, its always good to search for solutions in the internet. Theres bound to be a solution or two floating somewhere. I juz fixed a BIG prob 2 days ago this way (culprit was msgplus, installed countless adwares, spywares and even viruses, damn).
    Roarkiller
    The only one there is

Roarkiller.net

The Last TCG Moderator

Administrator
    Administrator

Default Computer Help

Quote Originally Posted by Roarkiller
    Seriously, everyone should learn to have at least these 3 programs: an anti-virus, an ad remover and a spyware remover. 2 of each is highly recommended, 3 if ur paranoid.
    Why would you need two or three of each if you keep one updated regularly?
    n/t

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Computer Help

Heh. I tend to have two adware/spyware removers so the system has a double check since the programs don't always have the same definition files. One may find something that the other doesn't. So, I would recommend atleast 2 spyware/adware removers. I would also couple that with a strong adware/spyware blocker. Programs can also be combinations of both (such as Spybot is).
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Default Computer Help

[scarletspider]
    [COLOR=White][SIZE=2]
    Breaking Hearts One At a Time