Banned

Default N00bs needed! Ref, too

Well, let's get right down to business. Here are the rules:

2v2 Double Team

I'll send out my Pokemon first

You'll attack first

72 hr DQ

Arena: Plain w/ Water
    It's an open arena, flat land, with a 40', perfectly round, 50' deep body of water in the center.

I'd like the ref to ref AT LEAST once every 48 hrs

Good luck to whoever I battle ^^

Banned

I'll ref this for you, once you find an opponent.

A reffing at least once every 48 hours and a 72 hour DQ? It kind of conflicts. No matter, I just find it odd.

Speaking of odd, shouldn't you actually send out your pokemon? It may be useful to your opponent, since you said you'll send out first.

Banned

If you don't mind being a little patient, I have four approved Pokemon, with two very close to approval, and will battle you the moment the remaining two have been approved.

LMK,
    - Rocket Scyther -

Banned

Sure thing, RS Is it okay if we change the arena, though? I meant to edit the post, but I didn't have time. This is what I'm hoping for:

Frozen lake:
    A huge lake, covered with a thin sheet of ice, which cannot hold more than 70 lbs, and can be destroyed by as little one strong attack.

Do you mind?

Banned

A new stage is fine for me. BTW, you did say that you were first to send out.........

- Rocket Scyther -

Banned

Just bumping this up so you don't forget it Are your Pokemon approved yet? I'll send out my Pokemon once yours are all approved, k?

Banned

RocketScyther's remaining two pokemon have been approved, so this battle may now start.

Dittofrom90, please send out your pokemon.

Banned

Yay! I now have six approved Pokemon!

- Rocket Scyther -

Banned

Could you possibly show me which Pokemon you have, RS? I looked around for them in the Team Approval Tower, but I couldn't find them.

Banned

I have Onix, Scyther, Squirtle, Porygon, Zubat, and Abra. Will you PLEASE bring out your Pokemon?

- Rocket Scyther -

Banned

have you forgotten about the match?

- Rocket Scyther -

Banned

Not to butt in but these things take time...people have lives you know...wait at least like a few days or something...

Banned

It has been five days since this topic was started, and Dittofrom90 still has not sent out her starting pokemon.

Banned

Okay, go, Staryu!

Staryu doesn't have a sig

Banned

Perhaps you should send out your other pokemon Dittofrom90. You did say this is a 2v2 double team, meaning two pokemon out at one time. At least I'm assuming this is what you meant.

Banned

XD I am so messed up! XD I forgot it was a DT, sorry...

Go, Spearow!

My Staryu's nick is "Hiyah" (pronounced the same as his cry), and Spearow's nick is "Mirror". I'm pretty sure my Spearow's a girl ^^'

Banned

Go Infinity! Genesis, you too!

Infinity (Abra, male)
    Genesis (Porygon, no gender, can refer to it as a male)

Alright, lets start this!

Infinity, open up with Rain Prayer, then center a Light Screen around your buddy Genesis over there. Finish your turn by using Toxic on that Staryu!

- Rain Prayer - Light Screen(on Genesis) - Toxic(on Staryu)

Genesis, this should be fun! As it starts to pour, throw out several Thunders at Spearow! If either opponent uses Double Team, counter with Swift!

- Thunder/Swift -Thunder/Swift - Thunder/Swift

Banned

I'll be attacking soon ^^' I'll probably just edit this post when I want to attack.

Banned

The DQ time has expired. This match is over.

- Rocket Scyther -

Banned

Wait, I couldn't attack yet!

Come on, I did post saying I'd do it soon. I thought that if you posted before the DQ time was up, it would be okay like it is on UPN.

Just in case you don't DQ me, I'll post my attacks: Hiyah, Blast a Hydro Pump into the ground right under Abra to try to break the ice under him! If that doesn't work, use a Psychic attack to slam him into the already-weakened ice!
    After he falls through, use Ice Beam to freeze the hole over and trap him in!
    Mirror, use Agility to get RIGHT BESIDE Genesis so any electricity that hits you will travel through your body and right into his! While you're using Agility, also dodge one attack - if one comes your way - with the same attack!
    While you're next to Genesis, shoot a Toxic at him!

I repeat, PLEASE DON'T DQ ME! ><

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Originally posted by RocketScyther
    The DQ time has expired. This match is over.

- Rocket Scyther -

DQ only applies after the first round is reffed. This battle hasn't even started yet
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Banned

Originally posted by Dittofrom90
    Wait, I couldn't attack yet!

Come on, I did post saying I'd do it soon.
    A plea for a DQ to be waved is more effective you were to post your commands that are already late along with the request. Your prior post that you would post your attacks didn't say you couldn't attack, it said that

I'll probably just edit this post when I want to attack
    There is a difference between not wanting to post your attacks and not being able to post your attacks.

edit: TML, your right DQ for a prize only applies after one round has been reffed, but the repeatedly delay caused by Dittoform90 is fair grounds for RocketScyther to withdrawl from the battle on.

Banned

I said WANT!!!????? Yeesh, sorry about that......

PS: I was just editing the post to throw in my attacks ^^'

Banned

Should I take this as a "no"? XD

Banned

Actually, RocketScyther is busy, but he would like the battle to continue.

Banned

I've already attacked, so you gotta ref now, Oddish17, right? (Wondering if I have to say anything else)

Banned

This is a very confusing battle, and it hasn't even started yet. Anyways, on with the reffing. Dittofrom90, since Staryu weighs in at 76 pounds, it's automatically going to fall through the ice, thus ruining a lot of your plans. RocketScyther, Porygon weighs in at 80 pounds, meaning it too will immediately fall through the ice. Although I'm assuming it can somewhat float.

Also, Dittofrom90, please clarify your attacks better next time. Your attack post is somewhat confusing.

While you're using Agility, also dodge one attack - if one comes your way - with the same attack!

I have no clue what that means, and I really don't feel like waiting to find out. So I'm going to assume it means use Agility again.

Pre-Battle
    Infinity(Abra M)- 100%, confident, well rested
    Genesis(Porygon)- 100%, confident, well rested

Hiyah(Staryu)- 100%, confident, well rested
    Mirror(Spearow F)- 100%, confident, well rested

Infinity- Rain Prayer ~ Light Screen(on Genesis) ~ Toxic(Staryu)
    Genesis- Thunder/Swift ~ Thunder/Swift ~ Thunder/Swift

Hiyah- Hydro Pump ~ Psychic ~ Ice Beam
    Mirror- Agility ~ Agility ~ Toxic

Battle
    As the battle commences, the sound of ice cracking immediately fills the air. The thin layer of ice is unable to support two of the pokemon battling, as Hiyah and Genesis are both plunged into the icy waters below. It really causes little discomfort, as Porygon floats just above the water's surface, while Hiyah is actually more comfortable within the water, although its movement is severely limited. The remaining pokemon standing on the ice, Infinity, calls forth a strong rain, as the sun quickly disappears behind the rapidly forming clouds. The rains soon follow, starting as a drizzle before commencing into a downpour. Genesis uses this to his advantage, although he's having trouble remaining steady while floating upon the top of the lake. Conjuring up a powerful electrical current, he tracks Mirror through the air. What's this? It seems Hiyah has landed herself atop Infinity's head! As the electrical charge spreads outwards, Mirror is struck by the powerful current. The electricity spreads through her body, as it quickly works its way into Infinity. Mirror collapses to the ice, cracking it slightly beneath his weight. Infinity shakes off the attack, upset at being attacked by his own partner.

Hiyah, meanwhile, shoots out powerful jets of water. The water floods over the ice, striking Genesis while somewhat melting the ice even further. Genesis remains afloat, although severely soaked. Infinity hopes to help his partner, even after being hit by his attack. He sets up a semi-transparent barrier next to Genesis, hopefully to deflect any incoming attacks. Genesis, meanwhile, lets loose yet another Thunder attack. Mirror has regained her balance by this time, and is prepared for this attack. Using a quick boost of speed, she narrowly avoids the electrical blast, feeling a slight singe of her tail feathers. Hiyah, attempts to use its psionic powers to knock Genesis beneath the waters, but the attempt is thwarted by the Light Screen. The barrier shatters under the pressure, but it has done its job. Infinity is glad he could help his partner, but realizes there is no time to relax. Coughing up a glob of toxins, he attempts to spit the poisons onto Hiyah. Unfortunately, the heavy rains knock the glob to the ice before it can reach its target.

Genesis attempts yet another powerful Thunder attack. Feeling the strain on his body from attempting three Thunders in a row, this blast doesn't have the power the previous two had. It still strikes Mirror, but she is able to shrug off this attack with much more ease than before. Hiyah, realizing Genesis is still above the water, decides to use Ice Beam as an attack. As they icy beam leaps forth, Genesis feels the chill as the beam strikes. Mirror, meanwhile, has the same problem as Infinity. Her toxic glob goes nowhere, as the rain renders it useless. Infinity feels the ice slowly begin to crack around him, as he watches Mirror fly just above the ice. Genesis floats atop the water's surface, while Hiyah remains within the lake.

Stats
    Hiyah- 100%, in the water, confident, slightly fatigued
    Mirror- 77%, in some pain, flying just above the ice, tired

Infinity- 94%, atop the ice, somewhat upset, slightly fatigued
    Genesis- 88%, floating atop water's surface, laboring

Arena- Ice is cracked open where Genesis and Hiyah are. Ice is beginning to crack beneath Infinity, although it seems to be holding for now.

If I made a mistake, please let me know. I typed this up in between doing some other things, and I don't feel like re-reading it.

Banned

First, Infinity used Rain Prayer, not Genesis, and second, how did that second Thunder miss during rainy weather, which increases its accuracy to 100%?

- Rocket Scyther -

Banned

First, Infinity used Rain Prayer, not Genesis, and second, how did that second Thunder miss during rainy weather, which increases its accuracy to 100%?

- Rocket Scyther -
    I had a feeling I messed up the names somewhere. As for Thunder, accuracy in the game is not the same as accuracy in ASB. Mirror used Agility to dodge the Thunder. Just because it's raining, doesn't mean the Thunder will just follow the pokemon around until it hits. Plus Genesis wasn't on solid ground, rather floating atop the water, which somewhat hindered his ability to accurately aim the Thunder.

Banned

Sorry my attacks were so confusing =/

Staryu, use Psychic to slam Abra into the weak ice and smash him through! Then, try to close up the hole with an Ice Beam!
    Spearow, Drill Peck Porygon! Then just land and relax.

Banned

Oddish, Lightning would rarely 'follow' anyway, the bolt of lightning's speed is greater than anything a pokemon can preform. Floating for a Porygon, its natural state, should not hinder his aim in the least, actually it would probably be better than if Genisis was floating on the surface of the water.

Banned

Yes, too bad a bolt of lightning and a thunder attack are two completely different things, Cyrus. A Thunder attack comes from the pokemon itself, not from a cloud. From what I've seen in the anime, a Thunder attack does take a short bit of time, much longer than an actual lightning strike in real life. Throw in the fact that this was Porygon's second Thunder, which would require a bit more time to charge up, and Mirror had the time to avoid the attack with an Agility, especially since she had already used one Agility beforehand.

Banned

Thanks for clarifying the Rain Prayer/Thunder thing, but I have one last question. How did a Spearow take 23% damage from TWO Thunders? That would place each Thunders damage at about 6%... Even if the second was weaker, that just doesn't feel right.

Okay Genesis, throw up a medium sized Substitute to counter the Spearows Drill Peck! Then when it tries to take a rest, hit it with a Thunder Wave, and while its paralyzed, send it into the water to fill its puny lungs with water, either through the ice, or if its close enough, into a pre-existing hole with Psychic!

- Substitute(Medium) - Thunder Wave(Spearow) - Psychic(Spearow, into the water) -

Infinity, your turn! Open up with a medium Substitute to take that Psychic for you, and after the ice breaks, Teleport out of the water, and the path of that ice beam, to right behind Staryu! Then, use Psychic to raise it as high as possible into the air, before releasing your concentration on the attack.

- Substitute(Medium) - Teleport(behind Staryu) - Psychic(Staryu into the air)

Banned

Thanks for clarifying the Rain Prayer/Thunder thing, but I have one last question. How did a Spearow take 23% damage from TWO Thunders? That would place each Thunders damage at about 6%... Even if the second was weaker, that just doesn't feel right.
    I would love to know where you learned math at. Since when does 23 divided by 2 equal 6? The first Thunder did 15% damage, while the second one did 8%.

Reffing will be up within 12 hours.

Banned

By 6% average, I meant BEFORE the fact that the attack was Super-Effective came into play. Its already a powerful attack, and Spearow, being a Flying type Pokemon, is already weak to it. I haven't been here long, I didn't know that a full power Thunder only did 7.5% damage, and weaker one 4% before weakness.

- Rocket Scyther -

Banned

If there a ref in the house?

Banned

My definition of 12 hours is pretty bad. I didn't forget about this battle, I just haven't been able to concentrate on writing a reffing for some reason.

Rocket Scyther, I don't do type weaknesses the same as the game. I ref about 1.5 times effectiveness(2x with stab plus weakness). The first thunder was originally 10%, while the second was 5%. I also realize I forgot about the rain in the end of my reffing.

Pre-Battle
    Hiyah- 100%, in the water, confident, slightly fatigued
    Mirror- 77%, in some pain, flying just above the ice, tired

Infinity- 94%, atop the ice, somewhat upset, slightly fatigued
    Genesis- 88%, floating atop water's surface, laboring

Arena- Ice is cracked open where Genesis and Hiyah are. Ice is beginning to crack beneath Infinity, although it seems to be holding for now. Raining very hard.

Hiyah(Starmie)- Psychic(Infinity) ~ Ice Beam
    Mirror(Spearow F)- Drill Peck(Genesis) ~ Land/Relax

Genesis(Porygon)- Substitute(Medium) ~ Thunder Wave(Mirror) - Psychic(Mirror)
    Infinity(Abra M)- Substitute(Medium) ~ Teleport ~ Psychic(Hiyah)

Battle
    As the heavy rain continues to douse all the opponents, the next round commences. Hiyah, using its natural psychic abilities, reaches out with a powerful psionic grasp, hoping to plunge Infinity deep within the frigid waters. As Infinity feels his body being grasped by the invisible force, he creates an exact substitute between him and Hiyah. Unknowingly, Hiyah is now grabbing the duplicate Infinity, plunging it to the waters below. With a bit of shock, Hiyah still sees Infinity sitting atop the ice, undisturbed. Wondering how this can be, it releases the psionic grip on what it thought was Infinity. The duplicate Infinity remains in the water, as it lacks the capacity to remove itself. This leaves the original Infinity fair game for now.

Mirror flaps its small wings, closing in on Genesis, its beak ready to cause some havoc. Copying its partner, Genesis creates an exact duplicate, which absorbs the fury of Mirror. The substitute holds, as Mirror flaps back a bit, unsure why Genesis just sat there doing nothing. Hiyah, meanwhile, realizes that Infinity is not below the water, but uses Ice Beam on it nonetheless. With his sub still in the water, Infinity is left unprotected from the icy blast. He shivers from the cold, as small ice crytals form on his extremeties. Before the attack hits with full force, Infinity is able to Teleport, although getting directly behind Hiyah is somewhat difficult, as that would mean he would have to go through Hiyah. Shivering from the cold, he watches as Mirror lands gently on the thin ice, leaving him open to any attack. Genesis takes this opportunity to release a thin bolt of electricity, shocking Mirror as he stands unprotected. The electricity ripples through Mirror's small body, causing Mirror to collapse to the ice in a spasm.

Hiyah, unsure of what to do, remains where it is, providing yet another open opportunity for its opponents. Genesis strikes first, grabbing Mirror with its own psionic grasp. Lifting her up slightly, Genesis forces her downwards through the thin layer of ice. As Mirror is plunged into the icy waters, she immediately begins to flail about helplessly. Unable to utilize her muscles effectively, she is struggling in vain, as the waters envelop her. Hiyah also is unprepared for what is about to happen, as it feels its body being lifted through the air. Infinity struggles somewhat to lift Hiyah, and when the strain becomes too much he releases it, as it crashes down into the water, which doesn't do to much to Hiyah, who feels perfectly comftorable in the water. Sustaining only a slight cut on the ice from the fall, Hiyah is thankful nothing worse happened, although he is worried about Mirror beneath the water. The rain continues to fall, although it only seems to be affecting Infinity now, who continues to shiver uncontrollably.

Stats
    Genesis- 75%, substitute up(6%), tired
    Infinity- 78%, substitute in the water(8%), still on the ice, wet, shivering, tired

Hiyah- 97%, in the water, slight cuts, some fatigue
    Mirror- 70%, in the water, paralyzed, tired

Arena- Ice is cracked in multiple areas. Still raining.

Banned

Okay, Porygon, use Conversion to become a Water type, for I have a mission for you! That Spearow may be your opponent, but I fear for its safety, so while your Sub makes a good diversion, go underwater, and recover Spearow, bringing her to the ice. If you have the opporitunity afterwords, fire a powerful Thunderbolt at Staryu.

- Conversion(Water) - Bring Spearow to the surface - Thunderbolt(Staryu) -

Abra, open up with a Clear Skies, then throw Toxic attacks at both Staryu and Spearow.

- Clear Skies - Toxic(Staryu) - Toxic(Spearow) -

BTW, thanks for the clarification on Thunder Oddish.

Banned

Oddish, doesn't Substitue imply state a mental block is placed on the opponent that it cannot determine that the doll is a doll? Under normal circumstances doesn't that mean that until its broken it would be the target?

Banned

I'm aware of what it says, but I do not ref Substitute like that. Placing a mental block on a pokemon sounds very much like it would require a good deal of psionic energy to accomplish, something I don't see a lifeless substitute doing. To me, a substitute is merely a lifelike clone created to absorb damage. In my reffing, the substitute was thrown into the water, while the real pokemon remained in clear view.

In short, I don't ref that Substitute places a mental block on a pokemon, as that really makes no sense to me, especially if a particularly slow-witted pokemon uses the move.