---

-Defeated LEADER ROXANNE
    -MUDKIP evolved into MARSHTOMP

-------------
    PLAYER PHIL IDNo.09624
    BADGES 1
    PLAY TIME: 0:48

Party POKéMON:
    MARSHTOMP Male Lv16 (Naughty) @ Oran Berry - Torrent - Tackle, Growl, Mud Shot, Water Gun
    ZIGZAGOON Male Lv 3 (Quirky) @ Nothing - Pickup - Tackle, Growl, Cut, ---

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default 2004 R/S Monotype Challenge

W00t! Finally decided to start this chalenge:

Name: Pete
    Type: Fire
    Game: Sapphire

Goals:

*Met neighbours and met May
    *Saved Professor Birch from Poochyena with Torchic
    *Named Torchic, Bruce (Bruce Lee :p)
    *Beat the crap out of May with Bruce
    *Got Pokedex and 5 pokeballs
    *Used Gameshark to make Houndour appear
    *Found Houndour
    *Beat the crap outta it and captured it with pokeball!
    *Renamed Houndour, Fangs
    *Used Gameshark to make Charmander appear
    *Found Charmander
    *Barely caught it (it was escaping a lot)
    *Renamed Charmander, Firefly
    *Went to buy 6 more pokeballs
    *Used Gameshark to make Magby appear
    *Found Magby
    *Houndour swept Magby and then caught it
    *Renamed Magby, Lavaman
    *Caught Zigzagoon (HM SLAVE!!!)
    *Trained pokemon until all of them, except Zigzagoon, to level 15
    *Saved inside dad's gym.

Current team:

Bruce (Torchic) -- male -- level 15 -- Scratch, Growl, Ember, Focus Energy
    Fangs (Houndour) -- female -- level 15 -- Ember, Leer, Howl, Smog
    Firefly (Charmander) -- male -- level 15 -- Scratch, Growl, Ember, Smokescreen
    Lavaman (Magby) -- male -- level 15 -- Ember, Leer, Smog
    Zigzagoon -- male -- level 3 -- Tackle, Growl

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Not much happened actually, with newyear and all...

Trained Skarm to l.24 and reached Mauville. Well that's it for now

I'm trying to figure out a way to defeat Magnemite and Magneton, this will be hard. I'll probably train my Natu now, since he has Night Shade that will come in handy against Steel pokemon.

Any suggestions? Keep in mind that my type is flying

Pokemon:

Skarmory
    - Level: 24
    - Trait: Keen eye
    - Type: Steel / Flying
    - Nature: Lonely
    - Item: Quick Claw
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Swift | Sand-attack | Agility

Swellow
    - Level: 22
    - Trait: Guts
    - Type: Normal / Flying
    - Nature: Bashfull
    - Item: Silk Scarf
    - Moves: Wing Attack | Quick Attack | Double Team | Steel Wing

Golbat
    - Level: 22
    - Trait: Inner Focus
    - Type: Poison / Flying
    - Nature: Impish
    - Item: King's Rock
    - Moves: Wing Attack | Supersonic | Bite | Steel Wing

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Yeah, i have one but you probably cant get it: Gligar Part flying to suit your team and part ground to have protection vs electric moves. Then you can use dig or something to kill them

Master Trainer

I know that, but as you stated, I can't get him. So anything usefull then?

Banned

First of all it seems you can trade, since you have a Skarmory and Natu so early. But don't have Colossum. You may want to use Tropius or Jumpluff(if you have FRorLG) both are not weak to electric attacks. And both are cool. You could go a cheaper route and send yourself a Bagon, who will eventually evolve into a flying type, and is not weak to electric attacks. There is also Altaria but that would take a lot of training to get it to evolve from a Swablu so early in the game.

And if anyone is wondering, Yes I am still taking part in the challenge, but I have NO TIME. 2 jobs and other new games taking up my little free time has put my Monotype challenge on hold, but I will finish it.

Master Trainer

I know, but that trading option was deleted the moment I restarted. And I don't want to train Tropius or Jumpluff. I only train the ones that are worthy in my eyes. And Altaria will be part of my set, but will only be added to the team when I reach Fallabour.

The Monotype Challenge can be very easy if you just use one or two Pokemon of that Type and sweep the game. As anyone ever thought of that?

Master Trainer

Yes I did, but I want to make it some more challenging, that's why the monotype Challenge is here. Not to make it easy, but to make it more difficult. If you want the easy way, go for a mixed team...

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs
    Yes I did, but I want to make it some more challenging, that's why the monotype Challenge is here. Not to make it easy, but to make it more difficult. If you want the easy way, go for a mixed team...
    I beat the whole game and ended up with just a Level 61 Blaziken. Doesn't this prove my point that I beat either the Fire or Fighting Type Monochallenge?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah, I have... but I like to use at least 4 Pokémon for the first round. Using 1 Pokémon is easy and fast, but no fun at all.

Now on topic... I'm back with the conclussion of my Water Challenge!

---------------------------------

Water Challenge

I trained a lot with all the Trainers I had met. Those that got a deserving spot in my Trainer's Eyes. It helped me on building my Pokémon up and learning strong moves, such as Earthquake. When all my Pokémon were about Level 52, I followed suit and went toward Ever Grande City. The flowers were beautiful, but I had no time to lose. I went inside the Victory Road, with my sight in the Elite Four.

The intrincated Victory Road was a hard and rough path to the League, but I prevailed. My Pokémon fainted many times, as the Cooltrainers all around were outstandingly strong. Still, I managed to cross the road eventually... at the end, I found a big surprise. Wally, the Trainer I helped back then, managed to reach the end of the Road too! I had a battle with him, as he wanted to make up for the weak contender he was back at Mauville City. Indeed, he proved to be a tough contender this time, as he had a full-fledged Team now. Still, my Tentacruel managed to defeat most of his Team. Swampert handled Magneton with ease, but his Gardevoir was powerful. It took me some tries to defeat it, but my Swampert managed to win at the end. After my victory, he claimed that he'd train even more to catch up on me... something I'd look forward to.

As I bid farewell to Wally, I finally made it out of the Victory Road. I followed the beautiful, red carpet-esque road towards the Pokémon League Building. As I entered, I found a seemingly bigger Pokémon Center. First thing first: I healed my Pokémon, and then bought some Items to ensure my victory over the Elite Four. The two guys guarding the gate just cheked that I indeed had 8 Badges. I then got through the gate and into the stairs. Inside the next room, I met the first Elite Four Trainer...

Sidney
    The Dark Trainer was the first challenge. He started with a powerful Mightyena, but I started with my Tentacruel, whose Clear Body rendered the Dark Pokémon's Intimidate useless. It took a few Surfs from Tentacruel to finish the Mightyena off. He then sent two Grass Pokémon in succession. Tentacruel came up against Shiftry, and easily disposed of it with the powerful Ice Beam attack. I used Slowbro against his Cacturne, whom was faster... still, my Slowbro scorched it with Flamethrower fast enough. Sharpedo was easy prey for Starmie's Thunderbolt, and Absoll fell against my trsty Swampert and his Brick Break attack. Sidney was impressed with my power, and opened the next room for me. A new challenge awaited...

Phoebe
    A gorgeous girl was the next Trainer in the League. She used Ghost Pokémon, a pretty hard Type to deal with. Her starting Dusclops was awfully strong, but with some help of Starmie's Confuse Ray, I managed to defeat it easily. Her two Banettes were no match against Starmie's powerful and fast attacks. Sableye was intriguing, but weak. Swampert disposed of it easily. Her last Dusclops was as annoying as the last one, and had more moves to cover many Types... still, Starmie did the job, but fainted in the process. Swamper came in and finished it off. The girl was impressed with the relationship I shared with my Pokémon, and then opened the next room. I was halfway at last...

Glacia
    Definitely, Glacia and her thorough experience with Ice Pokémon was the hardest challenge of the whole Elite Four Team. Her two Glalies were highly troublesome, as they could easily survive Slowbro's Flamethrower and then use the powerful Dark attack, Crunch. My Slowbro almost passed out, but he managed to win against both Ice heads. Glacia's Sealeo pair was easy prey for Starmie. However, her strongest Pokémon, Walrein, swaggered of sheer power AND luck. He managed to freeze Swampert twice and score many Critical Hits. Eventually, the joined efforts of Swampert and Starmie finished him off. Glacia accepted I wasn't the typical Trainer as I managed to defeat her, and allowed me to go on...

Drake
    The Leader of the Elite Four wasn't that much of a trouble. His Dragon Pokémon were tough, especially his strongest one, Salamence. Still, Tentacruel's Ice Beam made it a breeze for me. Shelgon fell against a starting Earthquake from Swampert, and then his two Flygon and his Altaria fell easily against Ice Beam. Salamence was tough, but Swampert and Starmie made the cut again and won. Drake entrusted me with the secret for a better understanding between my Pokémon and myself, and the opened another room. I was wondering why, but he just limited to say: "The Champion is waiting..."

Steven
    I was impressed when I saw who was the Champion. Steven, that Trainer I had met several times during my journey, the son of Devon's boss... he was the Champion! I challenged him, so I could win the title on my own. His first Pokémon was the tough Skarmory. My Starmie managed to defeat it easily, but it didn't left without leaving a mark: a bunch of Spikes that hurted my Pokémon when they were called. Still, the battle went on. His Aggron was next, and it fell easily against Swampert's powerful Earthquake. Cradily, the fossil plant was next, and it took many hits from Tentacruel. It took me some time to break its astounding Defenses. Then came Claydol, whom stalled well with Light Screen. Starmie took quite a bundle, withstanding two Earthquakes, but managed to defeat the idol Pokémon at last. Then came his best Pokémon: Metagross. I sent Swampert, but not even his Earthquake could do something. Steven recovered its healt at times, and Metagross' Psychic just took a few hits to make short work of my Swampert. Slowbro entered next, and he managed to stall pretty well while scorching the powerful Steel Pokémon down with Flamethrower. At last, Metagross was downed. His last Pokémon, Armaldo, wasn't much of a challenge, as Slowbro used his powerful Surf attack and finished it fast enough...

I had won at last! Steven bowed and recognized my skill. May and Professor Birch came in to congratulate me. Then I followed Steven inside a last room. There, he helped me on registering my Pokémon. My Water Team, whom managed to get through all those hard tests. My trusty partners that earned this recognition in all respects... their place in the Hall of Fame.

Final Status

Total time: 30:25:50

Final Team.

Starmie (LV. 54) Psychic/Surf/Thunderbolt/Confuse Ray
    Tentacruel (Lv. 53) Surf/Ice Beam/Waterfall/Barrier
    Slowbro (Lv. 53) Confusion/Flamethrower/Surf/Yawn
    Swampert (Lv. 53) Brick Break/Return/Earthquake/Muddy Watter
    Pelipper (Lv. 29) Flyer...
    Vaporeon (Lv. 5) Filler, so I could have a full Water Type Hall of Fame.

TMs used: TM29, TM24, TM13, TM35, TM31, TM27.

----------------------------------------------------

It's over at last. Water is not that challenging of a Monotype anyway... it was fun nonetheless. I might try another someday in my Emu. One that's actually remotely difficult.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Not a huge update...

-------------
    Ruby Version
    Monotype: GROUND
    PLAYER PHIL IDNo.09624
    BADGES 1
    PLAY TIME: 0:48

-------------
    -Obtained DEVON GOODS
    -Obtained LETTER
    -Recieved POKéNAV
    -Delivered LETTER
    -Obtained HM05

PHIL VS GYM LEADER BRAWLY

(MARSHTOMP Lv20) (ZIGZAGOON Lv3)

MARSHTOMP used MUD SHOT!
    MACHOP's SPEED fell!
    MACHOP used LEER
    MARSHTOMP's DEFENSE fell!
    ---
    MARSHTOMP used MUD SHOT!
    MACHOP fainted!
    ---
    MARSHTOMP used MUD SHOT!
    A critical hit!
    MAKUHITA fainted!
    ---

-Defeated LEADER BRAWLY

-------------
    PLAYER PHIL IDNo.09624
    BADGES 2
    PLAY TIME: 1:11

Party POKéMON:
    MARSHTOMP Male Lv21 (Naughty) @ Oran Berry - Torrent - Tackle, Growl, Mud Shot, Water Gun
    ZIGZAGOON Male Lv 3 (Quirky) @ Nothing - Pickup - Tackle, Growl, Cut, ---

Master Trainer

Started training Natu, booted out all the routes around Mauville, Defeated Wally and let Natu evolve! Then trained the rest of my party some more.

Now with a Team of 4 l.25 members I challenged the gym. I defeated the gym trainers with ease, using my Nightshade strategy for the first time. Healing once more and ready to face my worst nightmare...

GYM BATTLE: WATTSON - DYNAMO BADGE

I started of with Xatu. He fired off a Nightshade, Magnemite managed to use a Supersonic and Xatu got confused. Xatu got hurt by confusion and was hit by Magnemites Thunderschok attack.

Xatu was heavily damaged but managed to pull off a Nightshade attack and send Magnemite back into its pokeball.

I switched to Zigzagoon and healed Xatu in the process before Zigazoon fainted.

Voltorb fainted on the hands(wings?) of my Golbat. He formed no treath.

Then Magneton came out. I switched for my healed Xatu and fired off a Night Shade. Magneton had 3/5 of his HP left. Magneton used Thunderwave, but got paralyezed due the effects off Synchronize. Magneton was Paralyzed. Heh. Then I used a Paralyze heal on Xatu and Magneton fired off a Shock Wave that killed Xatu in one blow! I sent out Golbat and bit him. (2/5) I sent out Skarmory and sacrificed him to revive Xatu and after Skarm was fainted the Night Shade attack killed Magneton. I had a new badge and TM!

After defeating Wattson I trained some more on route 111, etc. and reached Fallarbour were I caught myself a Rash Swablu! I'm now training Swablu and ready to take on Team Aqua at Mt.Chimney.

Pokemon:

Swablu
    - Level: 20
    - Trait: Natural Cure
    - Nature: Rash
    - Item: Exp.Share
    - Moves: Peck | Fury Attack | Sing | Astonish

Xatu
    - Level: 28
    - Trait: Synchronize
    - Type: Psychic / Flying
    - Nature: Naughty
    - Item: Cheri Berry
    - Moves: Drill Peck | Night Shade | Leer | Protect

Skarmory
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Swift | Sand-attack | Agility

Swellow
    - Level: 29
    - Moves: Wing Attack | Quick Attack | Endeavor | Steel Wing

Golbat
    - Moves: Wing Attack | Confuse Ray | Bite | Steel Wing

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I thought that you were anti R/S, oh well. If I can find my brothers link for connecting his AR (which I never use, I am a true blue poke fan) to the PC I will safely put my save on the computer while starting a new one. That's if I can find the link.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile_Master
    I thought that you were anti R/S, oh well. If I can find my brothers link for connecting his AR (which I never use, I am a true blue poke fan) to the PC I will safely put my save on the computer while starting a new one. That's if I can find the link.
    I wouldn't do that if I were you because you can upload your Pokemon save data onto a PC but you can never load it again after downloading it. So basically if you start a new game your old save data will be lost forever. It's to do with the fact Pokemon games have a 128 save file and not the usual 64 save file. You know when your save data is corrupt and it loads the old save file? That's because of this 128 save file which is really two save files like a backup.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

All the way up to Wattson

-------------

Ruby Version
    Monotype: GROUND
    PLAYER PHIL IDNo.09624
    BADGES 2
    PLAY TIME: 1:11

-------------
    -Kicked TEAM MAGMA from OCEANIC MUSEUM
    -Delivered DEVON GOODS

PHIL VS PkMn TRAINER MAY

(MARSHTOMP Lv25) (ZIGZAGOON Lv3)

MARSHTOMP used MUD SHOT!
    WAILMER's SPEED fell!
    WAILMER used SPLASH!
    ---
    MARSHTOMP used TACKLE!
    WAILMER fainted!
    ---
    GROVYLE used ABSORB!
    MARSHTOMP used MUD SHOT!
    A critical hit! (<- Go Hax!!!)
    GROVYLE fainted!
    ---
    MASHTOMP used WATER GUN!
    NUMEL fainted!
    ---

-Defeated PkMn TRAINER MAY
    -Obtained ITEMFINDER
    -Obtained HM06
    -Obtained ACRO BIKE
    -Defeated PkMn TRAINER WALLY

PHIL VS GYM LEADER WATTSON

(MARSHTOMP Lv28) (ZIGZAGOON Lv3)

MARSHTOMP used MUD SHOT!
    A critical hit!
    MAGNEMITE fainted!
    ---
    VOLTORB used ROLLOUT!
    MARSHTOMP used MUD SHOT!
    VOLTORB fainted!
    ---
    MAGNETON used SONICBOOM!
    MARSHTOMP used MUD SHOT!
    MAGNETON fainted!
    ---

-Defeated LEADER WATTSON

-------------
    PLAYER PHIL IDNo.09624
    BADGES 3
    PLAY TIME: 1:43

Party POKéMON:
    MARSHTOMP Male Lv29 (Naughty) @ Soft Sand - Torrent - Tackle, Growl, Mud Shot, Water Gun
    ZIGZAGOON Male Lv 3 (Quirky) @ Nothing - Pickup - Tackle, Growl, Cut, Rock Smash

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by "Sceptile_Master?"
    I thought that you were anti R/S, oh well.
    Don't go there.

Progress:

- Defeated Archy and Team Aqua at Mt.Chimney
    - Trained some more
    - Taught Swable Secret Power
    - Defeated Flannery
    - Trained some more

GYM BATTLE: FLANNERY - HEAT BADGE

I sent out Swable to counter the first Slugma. He overheated and Swablu sung. 4/5 HP was taken of Slugma before Swable fainted. Skarm got rid of Slugma #1

Skarm got rid of Slugma #2 with 2 drill pecks. No damage.

Torkoal Overheat'ed Skarm and Skarm fainted. Then Xatu Drill peck'ed twice and Torkoal fainted. Easiest Gym so far.

Pokemon:

Swablu
    - Level: 25
    - Moves: Peck | Secret Power | Sing | Safeguard

Xatu

Skarmory
    - Level: 30
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Swift | Sand-Attack | Agility

Swellow

Golbat
    - Moves: Wing Attack | Confuse Ray | Bite | Steel Wing

Banned

Can't play much now that school's reopened, but here goes...

Current Events:
    Arrived in Dewford town
    Passed the Letter to Steven
    Battled Brawly and won with Smoochum!
    Arrived in Slateport City
    Got rid of Team Magma and passed the Devon Goods to Stern
    Sharked a Sneasel and caught one
    Defeated May
    Arrived in Mauville City

Current Team:
    Swinub Lv 22 Oblivious
    Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Powder Snow, Endure
    Spheal Lv 22 Thick Fat
    Body Slam, Ice Ball, Water Gun, Encore
    Smoochum Lv 22 Oblivious
    Confusion, Lick, Sweet Kiss, Powder Snow
    Sneasel Lv 22 Inner Focus
    Faint Attack, Screeck, Taunt, Quick Attack

Currently in training against Wattson

Last Saved: Mauville
    Play Time: 6:43

Master Trainer

Progress:

- Trained Swablu and the other to l.30.
    - GOLBAT EVOLVED AT L.29 in CROBAT!
    - Taught Crobat Return.
    - Saving money to buy Psychic at Mauville Game Corner.

Now ready to start Petalburg gym.

Pokemon:

Swablu
    - Moves: Peck | Secret Power | Sing | Safeguard

Xatu

Skarmory
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Swift | Sand-Attack | Agility

Swellow

Crobat
    - Moves: Wing Attack | Confuse Ray | Return | Steel Wing

Master Trainer

Where did everybody go?

Progress:

- Defeated Norman

GYM BATTLE: NORMAN - BALANCE BADGE

I send out Swellow to face the first Slaking. It was indeed a smart idea, because I used Endeavor to get rid of 3/5 of Slaking's HP. One Wing attack triggered my Strategy. He used Facade against me, leaving Swellow with little to spare. So then I used that famous Wing attack and left Slaking with 2/5 to spare. Ofcourse Norman would use a Hyper Potion and then Swellow used Endeavor, fainting Slaking

Vigoroth slashed Swellow down, but Skarmory Drill Peck'ed him 3 times and sent him down.

Same with Slaking #2, keep Drill pecking until he fainted

I got a New Badge

- I cleared Route 105, 107 and 109 on the sea. Getting some major expierence.
    - ATTENTION: Swablu evolved in Altaria!
    - Cleared out the Trainer eyes for expierence points.
    - Taught Crobat how to use Sludgebomb
    - Got enough money to buy TM29: Psychic and taught it to Xatu
    - Trained some more
    - Went up to Fortree city defeating all the routes
    - Got enough money to buy TM35: Flamethrower and taught it to Altaria
    - Defeated Brendan
    - Arrived in Fortree
    - Saved the game

Badges: 5
    Time: 13.45
    Pokemon:

Altaria
    - Level: 35
    - Type: Dragon / Flying
    - Moves: Flamethrower | Secret Power | Dragonbreath | Safeguard

Xatu
    - Level: 37
    - Moves: Drill Peck | Night Shade | Psychic | Protect

Skarmory
    - Level: 36
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Swift | Steel Wing | Agility

Swellow
    - Level: 37

Crobat
    - Level: 35
    - Moves: Wing Attack | Confuse Ray | Return | Sludgebomb

Banned

Where did everybody go?
    Went training my team to Level 50 to get past Victory Road easily. I'm struggling against the damn Hariteyamas... "Ooooh! I have Whirlwind! Let's see what it does XD" AAAAAAAAARGH!

Well, there was one that I fought with a paralyzed Poke that I didn't feel healing. Yet all the Hariteyama did was Belly Drum. XD Easy 1052 EXP!

And my Crawdaunt can OHKO the annoying Arons, Lairons and Makunoshtas in my way. So there.

When I finish Vicky Road up, I'll post the log.

EDIT: Finished Vicky Road! Here's the log:
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Black Tinted Snow
    Yuuki's Dark Pokémon Monotype Quest!

- Fought Tate and Liza!

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE: TATE AND LIZA

...Even if I was training Ares in a GYM battle AGAIN, this one came out smooth. I got Ares at the start of every battle, and then switched to Athena, which sweeped everyone off. And Ares got a level up!

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE END

- They gave me Mind Badge and the Calm Mind TM.
    - Got to Pacifidlog and the routes to Slateport to train!
    - Caught a Corphish! Named him Neptune, and started training him.
    - Got in a fight with Maxie in the Seafloor Cavern and HELL, he fainted most of my pokes!
    - Got in a fight with Groudon and HELL, he fainted most of my pokes!
    - Hopes the fight with Wallace isn't like the last 2.

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE: WALLACE

...This battle, yet it was a victory, SUCKED AS HELL, DAMMIT! Not only I got 3 Pokémon fainted (including a one-hit KO to Nereid that wasn't from a OHKO attack?!), but it lasted longer than any fight I've had. Hell, against that Milotic, if I had used a Timer Ball and Wallace would had been occupied stratching somewhere in his body (no details here) it would have been a MasterBallish catch. I'm not gonna give details as how I sucked, even if I won. I need to train HARDER. And by harder, I mean dedicating a whole day to it.

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE END, SUCKILY

- He gave me the Rain Badge and the Water Pulse TM. And to look more pathetic, I fell into a hole when going out.
    - I got to Ever Grande and started training everyone up (damn Hariyamas! "I leave you in 1 HP and then Whirlwind!" AAAAAAAAARGH!)
    - Finally, Ares learned Extrasensory and I could evolve hin into Shiftry!
    - Changed Neptune's name to Poseidon and evolved him to a Crawdaunt!
    - Poseidon has an HP Ice!
    - I got out of Victory Road successfully. Yay me. Now, to train everyone to Level 60! (SHIT...)

END OF DAYS 4, 5, 6, 7, AND 8

YUUKI'S STATS

Money: $152 (spent totally on healing items)
    Pokédex: 18
    Play Time: 56:07
    Badges: 8

POKEMON:

Shiftry [ARES] Type: GRASS/DARK Level 51
    Ability: Early Bird
    Lonely nature.
    HP Ground / Extrasensory / Fake Out / Faint Attack

Mightyena [ANUBIS] Type: DARK Level 50
    Ability: Intimidate
    Hardy nature.
    Item: Quick Claw
    Tackle / Iron Tail / Thief / Bite

Cacturne [SATIRE] Type: GRASS/DARK Level 50
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Naughty nature.
    Item: Soothe Bell
    Needle Arm / Ingrain / Pin Missile / Faint Attack

Absol [ATHENA] Type: DARK Level 52
    Ability: Pressure
    Jolly nature.
    Item: Blackglasses
    Slash / Shock Wave / Perish Song / Bite

Sharpedo [NEREID] Type: WATER/DARK Level 54
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Impish nature.
    Item: Amulet Coin
    Slash / HP Water / Crunch / Ice Beam

Crawdaunt [POSEIDON] Type: WATER/DARK Level 51
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Brave nature.
    Item: Smoke Ball
    Surf / HP Ice / Water Pulse / Bubblebeam

Plus MANY HM slaves.

Banned

My turn to ask where everybody went...

Won't post a log today, as I've done nothing but training and trying to "buy" 2 TMs at Mauville. (Yesss, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower. Steven and Glacia are hated.)

Plus, I did a sprite which depicts what may happen if you interrupt Nincada's evolution... Details in avatar.

Banned

Black Tinted Snow

This is IT. The maximum of all battles. Versus Elite 4. And this time, I've come in a serious mission: DESTROY.

SYDNEY

Athena came out against Mightyena. Mightyena missed on every attack attempt, and 3 Slashes sent him to Hell. Then Shiftry appeared, and I pulled Nereid out. Ice Beam. Adieu, Shiftry. Then Cacturne came out. Ice Beam. Adieu, Cacturne. Then Sharpedo came out. A Thunderbolt didn't suffice, and Sidney used Full Restore. Then I used Slash and a critical hit made it a OHKO... *slaps forehead* Then Absol came out. For that I pulled Nereid out. Two slashes were needed, and the battle was over.

I used a Hyper Potion on Athena.

PHOEBE

Against her first Dusclops I called Athena. She only had to bite thrice. Then Banette came out, and I chose Anubis for the task. Banette used Will-o-wisp, burning Anubis. She fell in 2 Bites. Then was Sableye. That ****ING Attract Sableye. I quickly switched to Nereid nd hoped she wasn't lesbian. (XD) What Anubis started with a Crunch, Nereid finished... with another Crunch. Banette came out, and Nereid crunched her. OHKO. Then came Dusclops. The Ice Beam Dusclops. I decided just to tell Nereid to crunch it out, and well, it worked. The battle was over.

Used a Hyper Potion on Nereid and a Full Restore on Anubis.

GLACIA

Glalie came out, and I switched from Athena to Poseidon. Athena was gonna have to wait till the Sealeos and the Walrein. What a mistake. I thought Glalie wouldn't be that good, but it didn't receive much damage (specially because it was healed once) and left Poseidon with 21 HP and frozen solid. I used a Full Restore, hoping I wouldn't have to use more until Steven.
    Then came Sealeo. I picked Athena. Both Sealeos went down with Thunderbolt, with only 1 hit damaging Athena: Surf. Glacia sent her other Glalie out and I chose Nereid. She managed to weaken Glalie until she finally fainted, and I called Poseidon forth. A Surf made the job. Then Walrein appeared before my eyes. I called Athena again. Tho Thunderbolts and it was down.

Used a Revive and 3 Hyper Potions.

DRAKE

I hoped Nereid would end this job alone. Shelgon managed to strike with Dragon Claw, but he fainted. Then came Altaria. Instead of freezing, which had happened in all battles against it, it was a OHKO. 2 more OHKOs for the Flygon twins, and Salamence fell for the 4th OHKO in the battle. Nereid DID manage the whole ordeal.

Gave Nereid a Hyper Potion and 2 Leppa fruits for Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

Hell, I'll tell Steven to lay off the stairs. My feet ache excruciatingly.

STEVEN

YUUKI: Lay off the stairs, Steven. What? Wanna feel like Ares in Saint Seiya?
    STEVEN: Oh come on, stairs are cool!
    YUUKI: Not when they have 100 steps.
    STEVEN: What? Does Faggy Yuuki's feet hurt?
    YUUKI: Well, at least I'm not faggot enough to come up here on an elevator, don'tcha think?
    STEVEN: ...Let's proceed to the battle.

Skarmory and Athena fought fiercely. 4 Thunderbolts and a Slash ended it up, but I had to use a Full Restore. Armaldo would be Nereid's foe. Three Ice Beams leter, Armaldo was in a nostalgic situation for him: Frozen solid, like when Steven recovered it from Idunnowhere. Then came Aggron, and I called Satire. Remembering when I trained Satire against Lairons, Needle Arm was GREAT against the Aron family, so Satire used it. 2 shots and he was down.
    Ares stalled against Cradily so Nereid could be recovered. When Nereid came out, both of them knew this battle would be amazing. Nereid fainted after 2 Ice Beams, leaving Cradily extremely weak. Poseidon came to save the day with a Hidden Power and then Claydol showed up. Poseidon cackled evilly as he saw a GROUND opponent in front of him. Steven knew what was gonna happen, and whenever Poseidon used Surf twice, Steven would Full Restore him. Until the critical hit. Claydol fainted and our worst nightmare showed up: Metagross. Every hit was a OHKO.

We lost.

DAMMIT! Dammit to all HELLS! What do I have to DO to win? I'll try to buy Fire Blast or get a Flamethrower and just hope for the best.

Master Trainer

If I were you I would so something about the movesets...

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

sorry i haven't posted that much but i have been playing x.x I finally completed the challenge but i don't think that i can put all the info here so i may have to split hte posts. my good computer's fan died the guy was supposed to come and fix it today but got the flu so hes gonna try tomorrow. this comp freezes up a lot .... x.x anyways here is from where i had left off... (on page 3 ) ^^; Also sorry the notes arent that great but when i did hte first part it was finals week so i didn't have much time to make notes but hope i did this right. My notes did get better when i challenged hte e4. I'll have to wait before i can post the last bit though...

Trained in granite cave and got my team to L.16 before i attemtped to challenge Brawly.

During my training, Nahima evolved into a mightyena. ^^

I got my butt creamed, so i went back and trained some more. Once my team was at L.18 I challenged Brawly again.

Fang L.18 M Houndour Rash Flash Fire (Howl, Ember, Reversal, Iron Tail)
    Nahima L.18 F Mightyena Hasty Intimidate (Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite)
    Nuzleaf L.18 F Nuzleaf Careful Cholorphill (Bide, Harden, Growth, Nature power)
    Kovu L.18 M Eevee Lonely Run Away (Tail whip, helping hand, Iron tail, and wish

This time i won with Nahima. Nuzleaf and Fang fainted. Didn't try with Kovu or HM slave. Mainly I used sand attack twice then bit till they fainted with Nahima. Time: 9:40

I then delivered the goods to Captain Stern.
    I then went to the fan club or whatever its called and received the Soothe Bell. I gae that to Kovu to hold.

I then beat Brandon and got the item finder.

I then reached Mauville.
    Received Rock Smash and gave it to Zigzagoon
    Received the Mach Bike.

I beat Wally, and the trainers in the gym and then healed my team before challenging Wattson.

Nahima L.20 Mightyena Hasty Intimidate (Tackle,OdorSleuth,SandAttack,Bite)
    Fang L.21 M Houndour Rash Flash Fire (Howl, Ember, Reversal, Iron Tail)
    Nuzleaf L.21 F Carefull Cholorphyll (Bide, Harden, Growth, Nature Power)
    Kovu L.25 M Lonely Eevee (Helping Hand, Quick Attack, Wish, Iron Tail)
    Zigzagoon L.6 Pick up Tackle, Rock Smash, Cut, Tail whip

I then took on the Winstrate family and won thus receiving the Macho Brace.

I received the Strength HM
    I also received the Soot sack

Kovu evolved into an Umbreon.
    Fang evolved into a Houndoom.

Reached Fallabor Town and trained some more.

I beat Magma @ Mt. Chimney and got the metiorite.
    I then traveled on to Lavaridge Town.
    There I beat Flannery with the followin gteam at 17:07

L.26 FNuzleaf Cholorphyll (Bide, Growth, Nature Power, Torment)
    I think she got a torment in before she fainted X.x
    Fang L.26 M Houndoom (Howl, Ember, Reversal, Iron Tail)
    Nahimaa L.26 F Mightyena (Tackle, Sand Attack, Bite, Odor Sleuth)
    Kovu L.30 M Umbreon Wish, Bite, Iron Tail, Confuse Ray
    Man one here though i did use Nahima and Fang. Confused then bit when health got close to halfway down used wish.

Got the Go Go Goggles

Caught a Cacnea in the desert ruins.

I traines some till my team was L.23 Cacnea, L.27 nuzleaf and houndoom, L.28 Mightyena, L.30 Umby and L.10 zig zagoon

Challenged norman twice and lost both times. I then went to train some mroe and i won largly thanks to Nahima's intimidate.

L.28 Cacnea, L.27 Nuzleaf, L.28 Houndoom, L.29 Mightyena, L.30 Umby and hte hm slave.

I then traded over 2 more eggs from Fire red.
    Caught a new Hm slave outside of the weather institute Linoone M L.27 Jolly

Got Devon Scope.

Route 120 the two eggs hatched into:

L.5 F Carvanah Jolly Rough Skin (Bite, Surf, Toxic, Ice Beam)
    L.5 M Absol Mild Pressure (Thunderbolt, Attract, Hidden power Psychic, Return)

I then trained my entire team. After training,

Carvanah L.20 F Jolly Rough Skin (Bite, Surf, Toxic, Ice Beam)
    Tanabi L.21 M Absol Mild Pressure (Thunderbolt, HP: Psychic, Attract, Return)
    Nahima L.34 F Mightyena Hasty (Swagger, Odor Sleuth, Sand Attack, Bite)
    Fang L.34 M Houndoom Rash Flash Fire (Bite, Ember, Reversal, Iron Tail)
    Kovu L.34 M Umbreon Lonely Synchronize (Bite, Confuse Ray, Wish, Iron Tail
    HM Slave Linoone

I'm ready to challenge Winona. Her underlinghs were realitively easy prey for my absol and his thunderbolt and my carvanah and her ice beam.

Winona was a challenge, and her skarmorpy was tough but Kovu prevailed with his confuse Ray Wish and bite albeith bite wasn't very effective but add that to it hurting itself...

Beat Winona and got the fether badge and tm 47

Carvanah Fang and Kovu all fainted.

Carvanah L.21 Tanabi L.22, Nahima L.35, Fang L.34 Kovu L.34

here are where the notes get slightly better x.x

Arrived at Lillycove.
    Tanabi M Absol L.22 (Thunderbolt, Attract, Hp Psychic, Return)
    Carvanah L.23 F (Crunch, Surf, Toxic, Ice Beam)
    Fang M Houndoom (Bite, Ember, Reversal, Iron Tail)
    Kovu L.34 M Umbreon (Bite, Confuse Ray Wish, Iron Tail)
    Nahima L.35 F Mightyena (Swagger, Odor Sleuth, Sand Attack, Bite)
    Linoone Hm Slave

Battled Rival:
    Brendan sent out Swellow and I sent out Tanabi.
    2 Thunderbolts took that bird out.
    He then sent out his Grovyle, and i Sent in Fang.
    Fang used two embers to take out his grass starter.
    Brendan then sent out numal and i sent in carvanah.
    It only took one surf to knock it out.
    He then finally sent out his last pokemon - Wailmer.
    I retaliated with Kovu who used bite until that pokemon soon fainted as well.

after battle: L.23 Absol, L.23 Carvanah, L. 35 Houndoom, L.34 Umbreon, L.35 Mightyena, Linone,

Cleared out Mt. Peer (sp?)
    Got the Red Orb
    Arrived in Slate Port again.
    Magma escaped in the sub.

i'll pick up from there when i get more time i have to go soon so this was as much as i could get done from my notes.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Banned

If I were you I would so something about the movesets...
    Movesets aren't a problem. I can beat every single 13374 Poke except for Metagross, and the only problem is Metagross has higher (special?) attack and speed values than most (if not all) of my Pokes. I plan on getting Flamethrower though, if I have the time, and I absolutely have to raise everyone to or beyond Level 60.

Master Trainer

Methinks the moves are a problem. Look at Absol a 1337 attacker and you use sp.atk? Crawdaunt and Sharpedo have better atk stats, but nice special aswell so I won't complain. And flamethrower would go to? Absol? I hope not.

Banned

Methinks the moves are a problem. Look at Absol a 1337 attacker and you use sp.atk? Crawdaunt and Sharpedo have better atk stats, but nice special aswell so I won't complain. And flamethrower would go to? Absol? I hope not.
    As if I had any other choice. Remember that Dark Pokémon in Ruby are way limited. Plus, if I could do movesets, I'd do them, yet I can't. I have no TMs, or should I say no useful TMs? Buh. And breed something that can have a Fire HP? That would take years!

Plus, Absol's Special Attack isn't that bad. And I do use it to attack as well.

Another thing: I would classify movesets as the problem if I could use a move on Metagross, but since he's the first attacker and he Meteor Mashes all my team before I even react, saying movesets are the problem would be like changing the whole structure of a building so it wouldn't fall down, but still use crappy material. Oh, Sableye, where art thou? (The answer is, on Sapphire. XP)

Master Trainer

Sharpedo can learn EQ. Down with meta.

Sharpedo can learn EQ. Down with meta.
    Metagross' Special Defence is lower than its Defence. Use some Special Attacks and STAB will help too.

Banned

Trade a Houndoom from Colliseum to FR/LG. Breed for Houndour. Train like hell. There you go. A kick-ass Fire-type.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Crawdaunt is immune to its Psychic (like you entire team...), resistant to Metor Mash, and has the defence to be able to take a few hits (unlike Sharpedo). It also has Crabhammer/Surf, which while not super-effective is at least effective vs Metagross' weaker defence, and Protect will waste his PP. Guillotine will work, especially if Metagross is lower level.

Absol could also use Double Team, Protect and/or Substitute to survive while Pressure reduces the PP of Meteor Mash to nil.

But your best bet is this (assuming he is now down to only Metagross):

Lead with an Absol fast enough to go first. Perish Song.

If you have more than 2 other pokémon left in the party, you've won, as he can't kill them quickly enough to win. Use Revives if you need to, but Protect is your friend here:

1: Absol Perish Song; Metagross Metor Mash (Absol Faints); switch in Crawdaunt
    2: Crawdaunt Protect; Metagross anything
    3: Crawdaunt anything; Metagross does some damage
    4: Crawdaunt Protect; Metagross anything
    5: Bye bye Metagross.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rinku
    Crawdaunt is immune to its Psychic (like you entire team...), resistant to Metor Mash, and has the defence to be able to take a few hits (unlike Sharpedo). It also has Crabhammer/Surf, which while not super-effective is at least effective vs Metagross' weaker defence, and Protect will waste his PP. Guillotine will work, especially if Metagross is lower level.

Absol could also use Double Team, Protect and/or Substitute to survive while Pressure reduces the PP of Meteor Mash to nil.

But your best bet is this (assuming he is now down to only Metagross):

Lead with an Absol fast enough to go first. Perish Song.

If you have more than 2 other pokémon left in the party, you've won, as he can't kill them quickly enough to win. Use Revives if you need to, but Protect is your friend here:

1: Absol Perish Song; Metagross Metor Mash (Absol Faints); switch in Crawdaunt
    2: Crawdaunt Protect; Metagross anything
    3: Crawdaunt anything; Metagross does some damage
    4: Crawdaunt Protect; Metagross anything
    5: Bye bye Metagross.
    You know, that's an excellent (Mr. Burns finger-tapping!) idea. Thanks Rinku! You actually made my day, telling me what to do with the movesets I have. The only thing is Crawdaunt has no Protect, but I may have enough stallers for Perish Song to do its job. Plus, I leveled almost everyone to 60 already, so they might be able to stall A LOT.

...Log, please:

Black Tinted Snow

This is IT. The maximum of all battles. Versus Elite 4. And this time, I've come in a serious mission: DESTROY.

...Well, that's what I said last time, but ended up being pounded by a giant metallic Tektite* who took half of my cash.

But now, I had a plan. A very, very good plan.

And everytime Sato-kun says that in the anime series, it works, right? ...Right?

*crickets chirp*

Well, let's try it out.

SIDNEY

First round: Mightyena vs. Ares
    Faked out and Faint Attacked. Then Mightyena used Take Down and damaged himself a little. Sidney, being a little paranoid, used a Full Restore on Mightyena, while his HP wasn't in the Red Zone. Two Take Downs later, Mightyena finished himself off.
    *Sidney slaps forehead*
    Second round: Absol vs. Athena
    One Slash. Just One Slash. That's all Absol did, as it was snatching all the fight. 3 Slashes finished it off.
    Third round: Shiftry vs. Athena
    Idiot Shiftry used Double Team twice. Athena's 2 Slashes did hit, though.
    Fourth round: Cacturne vs. Nereid
    Ice Beam.
    Fifth round: Sharpedo vs. Satire
    Damn Sharpedo Surfed Satire up, but a Needle Arm later he was on the floor with swirly eyes.
    The fight was over. (Used 2 Hyper Pots after that. ...And by Pot I mean Potion. Seriously. I swear.)

PHOEBE

First round: Dusclops vs. Ares
    Faint Attacked and left her almost in zeroes. She laid a curse on Ares and finished herself off.
    *Phoebe slaps forehead*
    Second round: Dusclops vs. Nereid
    Weirdly enough, she didn't use Ice Beam. But she did use Confuse Ray (AAAAARGH!). I had to stop for a turn and use the Yellow Flute (not so AAAAARGH anymore, huh?) and finished her off with Crunch.
    Third round: Sableye vs. Nereid
    She actually tried to use Attract. Not to be discriminative, but... Whoa. Nereid Crunched twice and that was it.
    Fourth and fifth round: Banette vs. Nereid
    Crunch!
    The fight was over. (Used a Hyper Pot.)

GLACIA

First round: Glalie vs. Poseidon
    Haily shit, dude. Glalie used Hail and 2 Ice Beams, and I had to use 3 Surfs.
    Second round: Sealeo vs. Athena
    That Sealeo kicked Athena's behind. Surf and Surf again, and I had to use a Hyper Pot. YET, I still managed to kick by slashing.
    Third round: Sealeo vs. Athena
    Blizzard = Fainting.
    Fourth round: Sealeo vs. Anubis
    Bite = Ownage.
    Fifth round: Glalie vs. Poseidon
    Poseidon used 2 Surfs and finished Glalie off, but ended up almost fainting, because I used that round to stall and heal Athena for Walrein.
    Sixth round: Walrein vs. Athena
    Thunderbolt hit critically, yet didn't kill. Walrein's Blizzard missed, and Athena slashed. Didn't kill, and Glacia used a Full Restore. But the Bite left enough damage for a Thunderbolt to finish everything off.
    The fight was over. (Used 2 more Hyper Pots.)

DRAKE

First round: Shelgon vs. Ares
    Faked Out and used Extrasensory, then Shelgon used Rock Tomb. Not so useful, as another ES made him faint.
    The rest of the fight was Nereid Ice Beaming and OHKOing the Flygon twins, Altaria and Salamence.
    The fight was over. (Used 2 Leppa Berries.)

STEVEN

STEVEN: What? Gonna complain about the stairs again?
    YUUKI: *rubbing his feet* Shut it and fight.

First round: Skarmory vs. Athena
    Athena just had to Thunderbolt him twice and his Steel Wing failed. Yet Skarmory did have time to use Spikes.
    Second round: Armaldo vs. Nereid
    Three Ice Beams did the job. Even though his 2 Ancient Powers left Nereid in 10s.
    Third round: Aggron vs. Satire
    2 Needle Arms struck Aggron, and he couldn't do anything about it.
    Fourth round: Cradily vs. Satire
    Could only use Faint Attack.
    Fifth round: Cradily vs. Poseidon
    OHKO by Hidden Power. Thing that couldn't have happened without Satire's sacrifice. Thanks Satire.
    Sixth round: Claydol vs. Poseidon
    2 Surfs hit Claydol, and as he only used Light Screen, it was doom fir him.
    Seventh round: Everyone vs. Metagross
    I took a deep breath and sent Athena. She could Perish Song and Metagross didn't even see it coming. His Meteor Mash missed! XD Athena attacked with Thunderbolt, almost like wanting to race the Perish Song. But failed and fainted by the Meteor Mash. I called Poseidon out and got ready for the win! A Surf did appauling, almost OHKOing damage (and I then saw that the plan would have been unneccesary, as well as Athena's fainting *slaps forehead*) and Metagross Hyper Beamed and used Sitrus Berry. But right then, Perish Song fell to 0 and Metagross fainted!

WE WON!!!

STEVEN: Kudos to you, Yuuki!
    YUUKI: I thought you'd say something cooler.
    MAY: Yuuki! Some advice to beat Steven!
    YUUKI: Too late, May.
    MAY: ...WHAT?!
    STEVEN: ...Yes, I was defeated.
    MAY: ...And I bought popcorn for NOTHING? Prof. Biiiiirch...
    BIRCH: What? We got a flat tire! IT IS NOT MY DAMN FAULT!
    MAY: YES IT IS! WHY DON'T YOU BU-
    STEVEN: Now, Yuuki, come with me.
    *May and Birch argue*

THE END

*Tektite: Remember the spider-like enemies in Zelda LTTP and OoT? I mean those.

And now, to decide what type and what version I'll use for my 2nd Monotype Challenge!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

continuing from the last post i posted. had a doctors appoinment yesterday or i woudl have posted...

I entered the Team Magma Hideout.
    Carvanah took out four of the Team Magma grunts by herself.
    Carvanah then evolved into a sharpedo.
    Then i cleared out the rest of the grunts letting the others on my team have their turn.

I arrived in Mossdeep where i challenged Tate and Liza.
    They sent out L.42 Lunatona and Solrock.
    I sent out L.33 F Sharpedo and L.34 M Absol Tanabi
    Sharpedo crunched Lunatone.
    Lunatone quickly put Tanabi to sleep before he could even move.
    Sharpedo used toxic on solrock
    Lunatone put sharpedo to sleep.
    I used a Blue flute and full heal, but solrock used solarbeam and KO'ed sharpedo.
    I then sent out Nahima my L.35 F Mightyena.
    Solrock used flamethrower on her but she retaliated with bite.
    Tanabi used thunderbolt on Lunatone which took out its remaining very little health.
    Solrock Ko'ed Nahima with another flamethrower so i sent out Kovu my umrbeon.
    The two of them attacked Kovu with bite and tanabi with thunderbolt.
    We won! I received teh Mind Badga and calm mind.

I then cauht a new sharpedo to replace linoone as an hm slave.
    I taught her dive srength and rock smash.
    I then went to teh sea floor cavern and defeated Maxie.
    Groudon Awakens
    Arrived in sootopolis.
    I then entered the cave of origin. where i caught groudon in my master ball. he broke out of al my others....

I then healed my pokemon a tthe pokecenter before i attempted hte gym.

My team before i challenged Wallace: Fang L.36 Houndoom, L.36 Sharpedo, Tanabi L.36 Absol, Nahima L.36 Mightyena, Kovu L.37 Umbreon + HM slave

Wallace sent out luvdisc L.40 and i sent in Fang.
    2 bites finished off luvdisc.
    He then sent out Sealeo
    In truen i sent out Tanabi
    2 thunderbolts from Tanbi Ko'ed it.
    Next he sent out whiscash.
    I in turn sent out sharpedo
    Sharpedo used toxic on wishcash but was koed by its earthquake.
    I then sent out nahima.
    She bit until it faint from a combination of damage formt he toxic and the bites.
    Wallace then sent out seaking.
    She bit seaking untill horn drill took her out.
    I then sent in Tanabi who thunderbolted until seaking fainted.
    Wallace then sent out milotic.
    I kept Tanabi out to stall while i used revives on everyone one.
    Tanabi fainted so i sent in kovu.
    Kovu used confuse ray then fainted.
    Sharpedo used toxic while milotic hurt herselt.
    I then used revive on Kovu while milotic fainted sharpedo and i sent Kovu back out and he managed to pull off a win.

I got the Rain Badge.
    Taught waterfall to my hm slave sharpedo

Healed then headed for Evergrande.
    I entered victory road.
    Before i could exit, Wally challenged me.
    I won against wally so i left victory road, ready to challenge the elite four.

My team by now consisted of: L.38 F Sharpedo, Tanabi L.37 M Absol, Fang L.37 M Houndoom, Nahima L.37 F Mightyena and my L.30 HM slave sharpedo.

i deposited the hm slave sharpedo and withdrew cacturne.

I ended up challenging the elite 4 - 21 times before i won according to my notes. I'm only posting the log of the one where i had won.

L.44 Mightyena, Cacturne, Absol L.45 Sharpedo, L.48 Umbreon, L.54 Houndoom.

Sidney

He sent out mightyena while i sent out my L.44 cacturne. Mightyena started with take down but Cacturen retaliated with Leech seed. Mightyena Two more take downs but fell to my cacturnes' two pin missiles and the damage sapped from the leech seed. Sidney next sent out his Absol and i retaliated with Fang. Absol used slash while Fang used a flamethrower. Absol used another slash but fell to Fang's Reversal. Next he sent out his Sharpedo, and i sent out Tanabi. Sharpedo used swagger, but Tanabi still managed to hit him with a thunderbolt. Sidney used a full restory on sharpedo but Tanabi threw off his confusion and used another thunderbolt. Sharpedo retaliated with a surf but was easily taken out by another thunderbolt. Next came shiftry and i sent out Fang. Fang took him out with a single Flamethrower. Sidney then sent out his last pokemon, Cacturne. Fang also took him out in a single hit from his flamethrower.

Phoebe

She started by sending out Dusclops, while i sent out Nahima. Nahima used bite while dusclops retaliated with shadow punch. Nahima bit her opponent again while it retaliated with confuse ray. On her next turn, Nahima hurt herself while her opponent hit her with shadow punch. Despite her confusion, Nahima managed to land another bite to her opponent which took the dusclops out. Phoebe then sent out Banette who used spite, but was taken out in one hit by another bite from nahima. Phoebe then sent out her sableye and i was able to use one bite before she hurt herself in her confusion on her next turn and she knocked herself out. i then sent out Kovu who used confuse ray. Despite her confusion the sableye managed to use attract on Kovu. Despite his attraction Kovu used toxic on teh sableye before i switched out Kovu for tanabi. Sableye used shadow ball. Tanabi retaliated by attract. Sableye was immobolized by love but Tanabi used thunderbolt, Sableye was immobolized by love, and tababi hit her with another thunderbolt. Phoebe used a full restore, but Tanabi used another thunderbolt. Sableye then managed to use a attract and tanabi couldn't bring himself to attack. 2 shadowballs from sableye took him out. I then sent out my Sharpedo and she used crunch which took out hte sable eye. Phoebe then sent out Banette and sharpedo used crunch. Banette tried to poisoon sharpedo with toxic but missed. Phoebe then used a full restore, but two crunches from sharpedo she fainted. Next phoebe sent out dusclops. Sharpedo used a crunch while he used ice beam. Sharpedo hung on and used surf, but another ice beam koed her. I then sent out nahima who used bite but was taken out by a critical hit ice beam. I then sent in Tanabi who was hit by a shadow ball. Tanabi managed to use attracte. Dusclops was immobolized by love. Tanabi accidentally used attract again but it failed becuase she was already attracted. Dusclops was impbolized by love. Tanabi then used another thunderbolt, and the dusclops couldn't rbing herslf to attack. Tanabi hit her with antoher thunderbolt before the ghost type used earthquake. The attack was enough to take out my absol so i sent in my cacutne who used a faint attack and took out the dusclops.

I'll try and post some mroe later btu i'm too tired to post anymore atm.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Master Trainer

Finally. I wanted to post for AGES, but me and my lack of multi-tasking ability/focus. (copied Sir Chris =p)

Quote Originally Posted by "Leon-IH"
    I feel your pain, we males wern't born with multi-tasking skills.
    XD

Progress:

- Defeated Winona

Just sweeping with all of my pokemon. Not much difficulties.

- Got Devon Scope
    - Trained
    - Defeated Team Aqua at Mt.Pyre
    - Defeated Team Aqua at their base in Lilycove.
    - Defeated Liza and Tate

Shadowball from Crobat and Steel Wing from Skamory finished it nice and quickly

- Defeated Team Aqua at underwater cave
    - Defeated Archy
    - Awoken Kyogre
    - Defeated Kyogre
    - Trained some more
    - Cleared out all sea routes
    - Cleared out Trainers eye
    - Defeated Wallace

Rather difficult, that darn Icebeam/Iceball. But managed to get through. Used Endeavor quit often

- Trained some more

- Ready to enter Victory road.

Badges: 8
    Time: 22.15
    Pokemon:

Altaria
    - Level: 48
    - Type: Dragon / Flying
    - Moves: Flamethrower | Solarbeam | Dragonclaw | Sunny day

Xatu
    - Moves: Drill Peck | Night shade | Psychic | Lightscreen

Skarmory
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Spikes | Steel Wing | Metal sound

Swellow
    - Moves: Aerial Ace | Quick Attack | Return | Fly

Crobat
    - Moves: Aerial Ace | Shadowball | Return | Sludgebomb

Banned

I still haven't decided what to use: Bug, Ghost, Normal or Flying.

Bug has Shedinja. Oh, Shedinja.
    Ghost has incredible defense against many, MANY attacks. And Shedinja. Oh, Shedinja.
    Normal has versatility (and Kecleon! HE ROCKS!)
    Flying has 13 pokes to choose from, and I can easily do a team different to MeLoVeGhOsTs while choosing the same type.

So, what should I do? Wait until you guys comment on what should I pick or use Randomizer.org?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ruby or Sapphire? If Sapphire (or able to trade from it), I'd say Ghost since you get Sableye easily.
    rinku

Banned

I'll play Sapphire.

I'd normally pick Ghost if it wasn't for Sydney and his damn Dark pokes. Plus, I'd have to hack 3 pokes from the start (Ghastly, Misdreavus and Duskull) to complete a team of all different Pokes.

I was gonna go for Normal because of Kecleon, which kicks SERIOUS ass because of Color Change and its extremely high stats, and the fact that most Normal pokes can learn multi-type attacks by TMs (or by level up, like Psychic/Dark Spinda).

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Duskull is available in Sapphire, just rare. Without trading you have four types, though you could make a case for treating Duskull and Dusclops as separate since they have different special abilities. Duskull is certainly useful vs Ground types who also have Normal attacks (though Shedinja is as well if they don't have SE attacks).

Sableye with Brick Break can deal some pain to Dark. Bug moves are also SE, though Shedinja isn't likely to last long enough to take advantage of the fact.

But yeah... it is a tough type.
    rinku

Banned

Hmmm... Sableye + Brick Break... Nice stuff.

Well, I'll obviously discard Flying. I may do either Ghost or Normal.