Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004-2006 R/S Monotype Challenge

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default 2004 R/S Monotype Challenge

Take Ghost since you can shark And I think the nicest flying pokemon are taken by me but since you can shark you can get the FROG pokemon aswell...I still say Ghost.

Well:

Progress:

Sidney

It was kinda easy actually. I just used Sunny day with Altaria and then solarbeamed the party to death. Easiest victory µ

Phoebe

The defenses of Dusclops were good, but not good enough for Crobat's shadowball attack. 2 Shadowballs for Dusclops #1, 2 for the two Bannete. 3 for Sableye and again 2 for Dusclops #2. Not much trouble here aswell...

Glacia

My worst nightmare. BUT it went easy. I used Altaria and Sunny day'ed the Hail away. Altaria didn't stand a change against the 4x effective Icebeam from Glalie and fainted quickly. Then Xatu came out and Lightscreen'ed. Afterwards 3x calm mind+Full restore. Then Hail stopped and Lighscreen ended. Another Lightscreen and a Icebeam against Xatu. Then 5x Psychic finished all the pokemon off. My Weakness was defeated!

Drake

Not the easiest battle, but DEFINETLY the most boring one. Only Dragonclaw with Altaria and heal him when needed. End of story *sigh*

Well then Steven is going to be hard, but I'll spike his team to death while my pokemon are immune to it

btw: I'll post my team when I finished monotype challenge: Flying.

I'm on 23.56. I'll beat my previous time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs
    Take Ghost since you can shark And I think the nicest flying pokemon are taken by me but since you can shark you can get the FROG pokemon aswell...I still say Ghost.
    Today I found out that I can't shark my ROMs. No matter what, no matter the code or the source of the code, they can't be sharked. AT ALL. So I'll stick to Normal.

Master Trainer

Hmm...Well still take Ghost You still have 4. I only used 4 for my Grass monotype team.

Banned

Hmm...Well still take Ghost You still have 4. I only used 4 for my Grass monotype team.
    I'd have to do with just the starter a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG part of the game. And it wouldn't even be a Ghost poke.

Started a Normal Monotype Challenge, caught 5 Pokes and quickly upped them to Level 20 and Roxanne STILL OHKOs me, while I damage her Pokes MINIMALLY (we're talking about 2 HP difference, and if I ever damage more, a Potion ends my hopes). The lack of TMs available and the impossibility of making movesets/catching other pokes/etc has made me do something extreme: End the challenge early.

I don't know which to begin, and if I'll begin another one (remember: can't shark anything, of course I can't shark any pokes...), so there.

Banned

I currently have a Dark-type*yeah yeah I know...* goin on my Sapphire version.

Gotta dig up the Ruby version so I can give something else a try, I s'pose.

Master Trainer

I'd have to do with just the starter a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG part of the game. And it wouldn't even be a Ghost poke.
    You could have caught Nincada? and raise it up to l.25 to evolve it AND learn Swordsdance. But I guess Shedninja isn't really a good pokemon to have on your team alone

Master Trainer

Steven

It was hard, but I managed to defeat him in one shot.

I send out my own Skarm to counter his. 3 Spikes and then switch to a HM Slave, who could absorb a Steel Wing. I healed Skarm while the HM Slave got slaughtered. Then I sent out Altaria who set up a Sunny Day. Altaria received a Steel Wing. A Flamethrower killed Skarm in one shot.

Claydol was next. Altaria used a Solarbeam to get 3/5 of Claydoll's HP. Claydol set up a Reflect. Another Solarbeam left Claydoll with 1 HP. He full restore'd Claydoll and I set up another Sunny Day. Claydoll used Ancient Power and got lucky. All of his stats increased, raising his speed above mine. He used Reflect again and I finished him with 2 Solarbeams.

Cradily came out, but easily fell to 2 Sunny Day boosted Flamethrowers.

Armaldo got 1 shot at an Ancient Power and then fainted aswell, by the hands of a mighty Flamethrower.

Aggron came out of his pokeball, but I switched for Swellow. I used Endeavor, but realised after pressing the commands that the Spikes made sure that Aggron had MORE HP then Swellow. Stupid me. Aggron released a thunder attack and it hit Swellow. 5 HP was all that Swellow had left. He released a mighty Endeavor attack and made Aggron hanging by a thread. A full restore healed Aggron while I used Endeavor again. Swellow fainted after another Thunder. No worries since Altaria's Flamethrower fainted Aggron 5 seconds afterwards.

Then came Steven's most dangerous pokemon. Metagross. I sent out Crobat. 1/5 of Metagross's HP was gone because of Spikes. I then managed get rid of another 2/5 of his HP, leaving him with only 2/5 to spare. Since he wasn't in the red part of his HP, steven didn't heal him with a Full Restore. Instead he used Psychic to kill my Crobat. Stupid mistake since shortly afterwards, Altaria finished him with a Flamethrower.

I won!! In 24.21! A new record!! *faints*

Final Status:

Trainer: Maggie
    Badges: 8
    Time: 24.21
    Pokemon:

Altaria
    - Level: 55
    - Trait: Natural Cure
    - Type: Dragon / Flying
    - Nature: Rash
    - Item: Cheri Berry
    - Moves: Flamethrower | Solarbeam | Dragonclaw | Sunny day

Xatu
    - Level: 52
    - Trait: Synchronize
    - Type: Psychic / Flying
    - Nature: Naughty
    - Item: Cheri Berry
    - Moves: Drill Peck | Calm Mind | Psychic | Lightscreen

Skarmory
    - Level: 53
    - Trait: Keen eye
    - Type: Steel / Flying
    - Nature: Lonely
    - Item: Quick Claw
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Spikes | Steel Wing | Toxic

Swellow
    - Level: 51
    - Trait: Guts
    - Type: Normal / Flying
    - Nature: Bashfull
    - Item: Silk Scarf
    - Moves: Aerial Ace | Quick Attack | Return | Endeavor

Crobat
    - Level: 53
    - Trait: Inner Focus
    - Type: Poison / Flying
    - Nature: Impish
    - Item: King's Rock
    - Moves: Aerial Ace | Shadowball | Return | Sludgebomb

It was fun, but difficult. I had MUCH more trouble with the Flying MTC then with the Grass one. The lach of EQ and some other good TM's was really frustrating. Ofcourse I could have used the DD set on Altaria WITH EQ, but then I had nothing special except for Xatu, who could do much against Steven . This is something worth while if you want something difficult. Yes, I'm talking to you Orion =p

I'm going to quit the MTC quests for a while. I had 2 and it was enough. I'm going to play Crystal now or a normal Challenge in RS.

Bye...

Banned

You could have caught Nincada? and raise it up to l.25 to evolve it AND learn Swordsdance. But I guess Shedninja isn't really a good pokemon to have on your team alone
    Hmmm... Roxanne would OHKO me.

If only I could hack...

Banned

Alright, started my quest with Mudkip, and caught Poochyena first:

Poochyena: ADAMANT!*Score*

Second, traded over a Houndour(retraded another one, this one bred with the female Houndoom I had and thus didn't get Flamethrower...bred with my male Flareon, and bam Bite, Secret Power, Flamethrower, and Firespin(Now Howl). As well as Larvitar, Seedot(this is Sapphire) and made sure to catch Zigzagoon.

Next, I beat Roxanne pretty easily(Seedots Bullet Seed made quick work of the Rock-types, and Poochyena Bit through the trainers) and made my way to Dewford. Quickly caught a Sableye and beat Brawley easily.

Now, I've worked my way slowly towards Mauville and have a Mightyena and a Nuzleaf - Now only have Larvitar to lvl up(to 50+ X_X) to get my full dark team, and capture Sharpedo/Carvanha and Absol. But first, gotta make sure I didn't blow my LeafGreen Earthquake TM(my Blastoise on that cart is Modest, and I have a Dugtrio) so I can give it to Larvitar on FireRed(Attach to Blastoise, take it off, teach, return Blastoise) and take out Wattson that much more easily.

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I've been giving this a go. I think I have one that'll be somewhat challenging.

Blades of Grass
    [The Grass monotype quest of Laura]

Started with Treecko. Scored 1 "point" early on considering how he was of Modest nature. Considering how this was Sapphire, I went on and caught Lotad to have on the team. On the way back from Rustboro in Petalburg Woods I caught Shroomish (still in training...). I probably gotta figure out how I can trade some over and what.

Obviously, Roxanne was no problem at all. I pitted out both Treecko and Lotad and they Absorbed their way through with ease. They didn't evolve 'til Route 116, however.

Now I'm in Dewford. Saved right before Brawly, but Grovyle cannot cut it so far. Look who's gonna have to train some more in Granite Cave...>_>

Current Squad:
    Grovyle(Modest, L19) ~ Absorb, Leer, Pursuit, Quick Attack
    Lombre(Rain Dish)(Bold, L17) ~ Astonish, Growl, Absorb, Nature Power
    Shrromish (Quiet, L10) ~ Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

...I'm not dead yet!

Banned

Is Penny Arcade a fashion now?

If all goes well I'll start a Psychic Monotype soon.

Master Trainer

I think I have one that'll be somewhat challenging.
    Have to set you down. Grass is easy. Good variety and you can use EQ and some other good TM's

Banned

Have to set you down. Grass is easy. Good variety and you can use EQ and some other good TM's
    Yes but save for Ludicolo(who only takes normal damage) Flannery is gonna be scraping her team off the walls for a week.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Would anyone mind if I started a FRLG Monotype challenge? I've actually been playin through with a poison one. Just thought I'd ask you guys first...
    "OMG your shiny pokemon's hurting my eyes!!!"

I've got an idea, how about we draw straws, and the loser gets to run across the parking lot with ham sandwich!" - Steve (DOTD)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid_Cow
    Would anyone mind if I started a FRLG Monotype challenge? I've actually been playin through with a poison one. Just thought I'd ask you guys first...
    Maybe someone should make a new Topic for a Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green Monotype Challenge. Remember the Elite 4 are stronger on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green and you have all the Islands to cover. Not just beating the Champion like the Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Monotype Challenge.

Master Trainer

Well I saved Ludicolo. I don't like him. Just check my posts with the grass MTC. It was easy.

Banned

Okay, a question: If my Pokémon has NO CHANCE EVER to defeat another Pokémon, no matter what, am I allowed to use my HM slave, even if it isn't Psychic (and has no HMs whatsoever) to beat the Pokémon and move on?

I can't escape, as it's a trainer battle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgel
    Okay, a question: If my Pokémon has NO CHANCE EVER to defeat another Pokémon, no matter what, am I allowed to use my HM slave, even if it isn't Psychic (and has no HMs whatsoever) to beat the Pokémon and move on?

I can't escape, as it's a trainer battle.
    Nope, it's 100% illegal to use anything but your starter to catch your first pokemon. Why, whats your problem? If it's Ralts, stock up on Potions and Growl 40 times. It can be done.

EDIT - Update for my mono-dark team!

Houndour evolved to Houndoom! Yay!
    Flamethrower - Secret Power - Bite - Howl

Larvitar evolved into Pupitar! Yay! 25 more lvls! Boo!
    Rock Slide - Dig - Thrash - Bite

Caught Carvanha
    Rage - Facade - Focus Energy - Bite

Nuzleaf
    Bullet Seed - Nature Power - Torment - *forgot, not important I guess*

Mightyena
    Bite - Secret Power - Swagger - Roar

Zigzagoon - HM Bitch
    Surf - Cut - Rock Smash - ????(going to ditch it for Linoone and get Strength)

Beat Wattson - Houndours Flamethrower and Larvitar made it easy enough.
    Beat Flannery - Kinda tough, but in the end I just pummeled it with Houndoom.
    Beat Norman - Easy. Pupitar used Dig every turn on the first Slaking, then when it fainted, Mightyena Howled whenever Slaking loafed and S.Powered whenever he Focused. Easy win.

Gonna go catch an Absol soon! Yay! Giving it and Sharpedo Ice Beam just for Dragons/Flying when Pupitars out. Currently leveling up on the Water route around Dewford.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
    Nope, it's 100% illegal to use anything but your starter to catch your first pokemon. Why, whats your problem? If it's Ralts, stock up on Potions and Growl 40 times. It can be done.
    ...Haven't thought about that... Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: No, it's useless to try. Specially if the enemy dark Pokémon OHKOs you ALL THE DAMN TIME and there're NO REVIVES IN SALE ANYWHERE.

...This is gonna be tough, and I'm actually thinking of quitting...

Master Trainer

Go to wild pokemon and growl/doubleteam/confusion until you struggle. Heal with potions and sweep away. My friend at GHPF did it that way with his mono psychic team.

Banned

Or:
    Send a bred Meditite egg over. That's always fun.
    "Accidently" stumble into the Poochyena trainers line of site before catching Ralts. It's not technically cheating, just really unfair.

Banned

Go to wild pokemon and growl/doubleteam/confusion until you struggle. Heal with potions and sweep away. My friend at GHPF did it that way with his mono psychic team.
    That's exactly what I'm doing.

Kirlia: Struggle
    Carvanha: Rage
    2HKO (OHKO if critical hit)
    I'm doomed, folks!

Or:
    Send a bred Meditite egg over. That's always fun.
    "Accidently" stumble into the Poochyena trainers line of site before catching Ralts. It's not technically cheating, just really unfair.
    The problem is I already have a Kirlia, and I'm using emulator (I already stated lots of times that my Sapphire cart was destroyed. My mother already threw it to the trash...), and oddly enough, it's unsharkable. NO CODES will work ever. (Not even the United Kingdom ones, even though it's supposed to be an UK version.)

Know what? Tried a few times more, and it just won't work. I QUIT THE CHALLENGE EARLY.

Banned

It's a Kirlia and you're fighting a Carvanha?

Dude, you should HAVE Shockwave somewhere. And unless this a mono-Pokemon game, Abra should be on your team too.

Banned

It's a Kirlia and you're fighting a Carvanha?

Dude, you should HAVE Shockwave somewhere. And unless this a mono-Pokemon game, Abra should be on your team too.
    ...SHOCKWAVE? Let me laugh. I am stuck at SLATEPORT.

And Abra is useless as well, without any TMs, I pretty much think I'm doomed.

Banned

"The Abra is useless without TMs"
    *CoughThiefcoughcough*

Or power-level. That's how my Fire-team(read: Charmeleon) beat Misty. I leveled him up to like 25-28 or so and took her Pokemon down as fast as possible.

Banned

"The Abra is useless without TMs"
    *CoughThiefcoughcough*

Or power-level. That's how my Fire-team(read: Charmeleon) beat Misty. I leveled him up to like 25-28 or so and took her Pokemon down as fast as possible.
    Well, that would work... If they didn't 2HKO me with no revives anywhere...

Power-leveling? It would take weeks, but it's a nice idea...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgel
    Well, that would work... If they didn't 2HKO me with no revives anywhere...

Power-leveling? It would take weeks, but it's a nice idea...
    Makuhita is weak to psychic.

And pack ALOT of Potions.

Or stop crying and make a Normal mono-type team.

Master Trainer

Just train like TMM said. Keep training and you'll win eventualy. Btw: Abra is good, just train him up. And Futur sight DOES hit dark pokemon.

Banned

...OK, NOW I have a non-whining post (yes, TMM, you can open a champagne up.)

Abra is actually leveling up fast, and Moira, my Zigzagoon Cut slave, is picking up lotsa good stuff (Rare Candies and Revives, mostly)... I guess it's not gonna be as hard as I thought.

I gotta thank ya, TMM and MLG, for putting up with my whining and helping me up... XD

And TMM, I already tried a Normal Monotype. Not even powerleveling saved me from 7 defeats against Roxanne. XD

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEES! Abra with Thief and Recover rocked. Thanks everyone for helping.

Master Trainer

Well I started with a Bug MTC. Wanted to that for a long time. It's quit the challenge.

- Got Torchic
    - Defeated Rival
    - Caught Adamant Wurmple(for Dustox)
    - Caught another Wurmple
    - Ditched Adamant Wurmple
    - Wurmple evolved into Silcoon
    - Wurmple evolved into Beautifly
    - Defeated Aqua Grunt
    - Arrived at Rustboro
    - Traded over Illumise
    - Trained my pokemon
    - Defeated Roxanne (not easy)
    - Saved Peeko and defeated TA Grunt
    - Arrived at Dewford
    - Delivered Letter to Steven
    - Trained my pokemon
    - Defeated Brawly (really easy)
    - Got to Slaterport
    - Defeated Team Aqua (TA)
    - Trained my pokemon
    - Completed Trick House Challenge #1
    - Arrived in Mauville
    - Caught Volbeat
    - Searched for Surskit. Stopped after 28 min.
    - Trained my pokemon
    - Defeated Wattson (really hard)
    - Searched for Surskit. Stopped after 22 min.
    - Trained my pokemon and continued.
    - Defeated TA at Mt.Chimney
    - Trained my pokemon
    - Arrived in Lavaridge Town
    - Challenged Flannery, but lost

- Searching for Surskit at the moment (*sigh*)

Name: Matt
    Type: Bug
    Reason: Almost all of them are UU, so a challenge.
    Time: 8.35
    Pokemon: 3

Volbeat / Apollo [M] *L.32*: Signal Beam / Return / Moonlight / Confuse Ray
    Illumise / Venus [F] *L.29*: Shock Wave / Secret Power / Moonlight / Encore
    Beautifly / Honey [F] *L.32*: Megadrain / Gust / Stun Spore / Morning Sun

I hate it! I need to defeat Flannery before Illumise will obey my commands over l.30 >_<

So far the challenge is going good, rather hard though. *Curses Surskit*

Banned

Aroma of Spring
    Haruka's Psychic Monotype Adventure!
    *Haruka, as a female name, actually means Spring's Perfume.

NOTE: I am a guy, mind you. But I'll write the whole challenge log role playing as Haruka, as I have found that NPC Yuuki has more character development than NPC Haruka throughout the game, and hell, I need to practice my roleplaying skills. So don't be surprised if you see cutesy lines, really aggressive (or girly, depending) curses, or mentioning being a girl, as this is roleplay. Don't think I'm like Heath (you know, the showgirl-looking Frontier leader in Emerald...) please...

- Started the challenge at 6:00 PM (I am a nocturne person!)
    - Visited the neightbor's house. That guy, Brendan, thought I was a guy. Typical. ¬_¬ But he was actually surprised to know my gender, he was blushing wildly, and he acted SO gentlemanly when he asked me if I wanted him to catch me a Pokémon. He's cute, but at first glance I thought he was a little weird...
    - I also met Brendan's father, the renowned Prof. Bit... er, Birch... heeheehee ^_^ He's reeeeeally clumsy, as he pissed some Poochyena off and asked for my help... I tried hard not to laugh and took Mudkip!
    - After fighting the Poochyena off, I went to Birch's lab and he gave me the Mudkip! The Mudkip was very happy, and when I named him Poseidon, he acted as he thought it was cool.
    - He told me to go find Brendan, and I went. But in the way, I noticed another Poochyena. It was very weird, as instead of being a dirty gray color, it was somewhat yellowish green... Weird stuff. I wanted to catch it, but I had no Pokéballs so I just ran away, in fright of making the same mistake as Birch...

(Darkgel's note: DAMN SHINY POOCHYENA! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! >_<)

- I beat Brendan in a Pokémon battle, and he acted really strange about his loss... Kinda like... me? Buh, anyway, we got to Birch's lab again, and he granted me 5 Pokéballs to catch Pokémon with (as if I didn't know what they were for... duh ¬_¬) and a Pokédex! Wow! I SO wanted one of these! [/sarcasm] And then he bid me farewell, sending his most cordial sallutations to my father (I know he called him friend, but at first he was gonna say another thing... I think I heard "ex"... Buh, my imagination.) I packed my stuff and got going!
    - My mother got me some cash, gave me running shoes (I SO wanted ones! And it's not sarcasm! ^_^) And was glad I could meet Prof. Birch (she addressed him as Dad's friend, but... I swear I heard an "ex" before she interrupted herself and said Friend... There's something fishy here)
    - After a lot of search (and some nosey beginners) I finally got a Ralts! I named her Artemis.
    - I visited Petalburg Gym, and Dad greeted me greatly. I asked him about the ex thing, but he was interrupted by a green-haired kid named Wally, who mubmled something about a promise my father did to him. Dad lent him a Zigzagoon and told me to go look after him, as he was frail and sickly (or lazy and whiny, who knows...) He caught a Ralts! STUPID COPYCAT! >_<
    - Struggled to defeat a Team Aqua Grunt and received a Great Ball! Great! (...yes, the puns sucked)
    - Caught my second HM slave! It's a Zigzagoon, named him Moira.
    - Battled all the Gym Leader's lesser men (they were actually hurt by me saying that... I wonder why?) and got to fight Roxanne!

GYM LEADER BATTLE: ROXANNE

Artemis didn't have a problem with Geodude, as it just Defense Curled the entire fight. Nosepass did connect some Rock Tombs, but I healed Artemis with Potions and Nosepass hardened away... 3 Confusions nailed it down.

GYM LEADER BATTLE END

- I struggled to retrieve the Devon Goods and saved a Wingull belonging to Mr. Briney, who offered me a ride to Dewford! Wow! There ARE nice people around!
    - I spoke to Mr. Devon Stone in person! My brother talks about him all the time. He asked me to deliver a package to Slateport's Shipyard, and a letter to a guy named Steven in Dewford. He also gave me a Pokénav, with a GPS installed! Just when I was thinking of going back home and ripping my map off the wall...
    - I found Brendan on the way to meet Mr. Briney. He said he caught a lot of Bug Pokémon in the Petalburg Woods. I don't get men... What's with them and bugs?

(Darkgel's note: I don't know the rest of the people, but I find bugs really neat and complex... I once considered being an enthomologist, to tell you the truth...)

- I got Mr. Briney to get me to Dewford and I battled Brawly. He's SO dreamy... Those muscles...

(Darkgel's note: I think I'm making Haruka waaaaaay off the normal japanese girl. Attraction to muscley guys? THAT'S ABSOLUTELY UNLIKELY!)

GYM LEADER BATTLE: BRAWLY

He sent out a puny Machop, not a problem for Artemis. In fact, 1 Confusion left it in the floor. Then came Makuhita. One Confusion didn't KO, but he used... BULK UP. *slaps forehead* I just finished him off and voila. Plus, Artemis evolved into Kirlia!

GYM LEADER BATTLE END

- Got to Slateport fast, and my troubles began... Got beat by damn Team Aqua! Those bastards...
    - Went to Dewford and caught an Abra! Named him Perseus and taught him Thief (that'll show those... those... meanies!)
    - Moira sure is a darling, picking Rare Candies for me! ^_^ That made Abra level up to 20!
    - Moira picked up a Revive! YAY!
    - Whoo, I found a weird Electrike in the road! It was blue instead of green! But Perseus got out of hand and fainted it...

(Darkgel's note: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ...Whatever, it wasn't psychic.)

- Abra + Thief + Recover = Defeated Team Aqua Grunts (Not very effective, huh?)
    - I got the package to Captain Stern and he seemed... somewhat attracted to me... He's an odd guy. Anyway, my Perseus and my Artemis are at a very high level!
    - I got to Mauville, and went straight for the gym!

GYM LEADER BATTLE: WATTSON

This old bastard was tough. As Steel is resistant to Psychic (although Perseus' spoons would say otherwise), I had a hard time. But Perseus was sturdy and nailed them all with a few Psybeams.

GYM LEADER BATTLE END

- While training, Artemis evolved into a Gardevoir! *_*
    - Got to Fallarbor and found out Team Aqua is at Meteor Falls! Time to sweep the bastards!
    - I caught a Swablu! Named him Hermes.
    - Caught 2 Lunatone! Named them Phobos and Deimos.
    - I was gonna battle Team Aqua, but some guys called Team Magma came and made them flee! Archie was SO cool when he made his speech... Even though his grunts had annoyed looks on their faces...
    - Got to Mt. Chimney and battled Team Aqua! It almost fainted eveyone in my team, but as I taught Shockwave to Artemis, it was a breeze.
    - I caught a Spoink! Named him Dionisio.
    - Got through the soot a few times and made the Red, Yellow and Blue Flutes!
    - I got to Lavaridge!

GYM LEADER BATTLE: FLANNERY

I sent Perseus and 4 Psybeams got rid of all her Pokes, Torkoal tried to flirt, though, and I had to use my Red Flute.

GYM LEADER BATTLE END

- An old woman left an egg for me to take care of. I wonder what's inside?
    - I went to the desert and caught a Baltoy! Named it Pandora.
    - Wynaut hatched from the egg! I named it Hades (for being as patient as the dead XD)

HARUKA'S STATS:
    Money: $4027
    Pokédex: 12
    Play time: 11:24

POKÉMON:

Lunatone [Phobos] LV 24
    Types: Rock / Psychic
    Naughty nature (It's naughty XD)
    Tackle / Hypnosis / Confusion / Rock Throw

Lunatone [Deimos] LV 23
    Types: Rock / Psychic
    Timid nature
    Tackle / Hypnosis / Confusion / Rock Throw

Gardevoir [Artemis] LV 32
    Type: Psychic
    Timid nature
    Confusion / Calm Mind / Psychic / Shock Wave

Kadabra [Perseus] LV 34
    Modest nature
    Thief / Psychic / Recover / Future Sight

Wynaut [Hades] LV 5
    Lax nature
    Splash / Charm / Encore

Spoink [Dionisio] LV 22
    Rash nature
    Psywave / Odor Sleuth / Psybeam / Psych Up

Other Pokes:

Baltoy [Pandora] LV 20
    Types: Ground / Psychic
    Hardy nature
    Mud-slap / Psybeam / Rock Tomb / Selfdestruct

Plus HM slaves.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Master Trainer

You seem to have good luck with the natures ^_^

Banned

As far as the monotype challenges go, I believe the species clause(no 2 of the same species) is in effect.

Master Trainer

That is correct.

Update:

- CAUGHT SURSKIT!!!! After 30 min (again.)! A mild one! *does happy dance*
    - Training him at the moment

End Update.

Oh well, I got carried away there. But it's nice to have him at last. It's not the best, but Masquerain is one of my favorites. Meh...

Banned

I always have or Phobos or Deimos in the team (that colocation was just a box misorganization). I'll see who's better at what, and use them separately as needed. For example, Phobos' Special Attack is bigger than Deimos', but Deimos' Attack is bigger than Phobos'. Or something among that lines. If I am not allowed to do that, though (stick to using one only for the entire game, and releasing the other one) I'll do so.

And now, I'll dedicate my time to train...

Banned

Do you have Ruby? If so, I suggest Solrock as your second. Also, Baltoy/Claydol would fit perfectly on your team.

Master Trainer

Take the Lunatone with Sp.atk up. Atk is for Solrock.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

He has a Baltoy in his team TMM.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It's been a looong time since I updated, but I found some time to continue my challenge...

-------------

Ruby Version
    Monotype: GROUND
    PLAYER PHIL IDNo.09624
    BADGES 3
    PLAY TIME: 1:43

-------------

-Captured NUMEL
    -Defeated TRICK HOUSE Lv1
    -Defeated TRICK HOUSE Lv2
    -Defeated the WINSTRATEs
    -Captured SKARMORY
    -Captured SANDSHREW
    -Obtained HM04
    -SANDSHREW evolved into SANDSLASH
    -Obtained SOOT SACK
    -Defeated MAGMA LEADER MAXIE at MT.CHIMNEY
    -Obtained METEORITE
    -Returned METEORITE

PHIL VS GYM LEADER FLANNERY

(SANDSLASH Lv29) (NUMEL Lv30) (MARSHTOMP Lv31) (ZIGZAGOON Lv3) (SKARMORY Lv16)

SANDSLASH used SLASH!
    SLUGMA used OVERHEAT!
    SLUGMA's SP.ATK harshly fell!
    ---
    SANDSLASH used SLASH!
    SLUGMA fainted!
    ---
    NUMEL used MAGNITUDE!
    MAGNITUDE 7!
    SLUGMA fainted!
    ---
    NUMEL used MAGNITUDE!
    MAGNITUDE 7!
    TORKOAL used BODY SLAM!
    NUMEL became paralyzed!
    ---
    TORKOAL used BODY SLAM!
    NUMEL is paralyzed!
    ---
    TORKOAL used BODY SLAM!
    NUMEL fainted!
    ---
    MARSHTOMP used WATER GUN!
    TORKOAL used BODY SLAM!
    ---
    LEADER FLANNERY used HYPER POTION
    ---
    TORKOAL used ATTRACT!
    MARSHTOMP fell in love!
    ---
    TORKOAL fainted!
    ---

-Defeated LEADER FLANNERY

PLAYER PHIL IDNo.09624
    BADGES 4
    PLAY TIME: 4:52

Party POKéMON:
    SANDSLASH Female Lv30 (Brave) @ Nothing - Sand Veil - Slash, Defense Curl, Sand-Attack, Poison Sting
    NUMEL Female Lv30 (Jolly) @ Nothing - Focus Energy, Return, Ember, Magnitude
    MARSHTOMP Male Lv31 (Naughty) @ Soft Sand - Torrent - Strength, Growl, Mud Shot, Water Gun
    ZIGZAGOON Male Lv 3 (Quirky) @ Nothing - Pickup - Tackle, Growl, Cut, Rock Smash
    SKARMORY Female Lv16 (Quirky) Peck, Sand-Attack, Swift, Agility

-------------

Skarm is a future Fly slave by the way

Master Trainer

Update:

- Trained Surskit
    - Surskit learned Bubblebeam and evolved.
    - Defeated Flannery ( difficult, but Watersport and Bubblebeam got rid of the nasty fire pokemon)
    - Obtained Claw Fossil
    - Obtained Anorith.
    - Decided to train Anorith later.
    - Defeated Petal Burg Gym Trainers.

- Ready to take on Norman.

End Update.

Name: Matt
    Type: Bug
    Reason: Almost all of them are UU, so a challenge.
    Time: 10.18
    Badges: 4
    Difficulty: Flannery fell to my powerfull Masquarain *cough*
    Pokemon: 4

Volbeat / Apollo [M] *L.33*: Signal Beam / Return / Moonlight / Confuse Ray
    Illumise / Venus [F] *L.30*: Shock Wave / Secret Power / Moonlight / Encore
    Beautifly / Honey [F] *L.32*: Megadrain / Gust / Stun Spore / Morning Sun
    Masquerain / Erar(get it?) [M] *l.30*: Bubblebeam / Gust / Icebeam / Water Sport
    Anorith / Forgot [M] *l.20* Scratch / Mud Sport / Water Gun / Harden