Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2004-2006 R/S Monotype Challenge

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: 2004-2006 R/S Monotype Challenge

Wow, you just barreled through that, didn't you?

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Well, he did have the unabridged version up. Nevertheless, I was hoping he'd reach the Elite 4, and save right at Steven. That, to me, would have been funny.

But yeah, speedy over here flew right through it.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well I had played until Norman in one day, since I was sick and couldn't do much. After that I posted, but the board changed fucked things up. Meanwhile I had proceeded and yeah I didn't feel like posting because of this new board thingy, then after some more playing I finally updated and yeah, 'twas a long post. My apologies.

Advanced Trainer

I'm not slow, I'm just velocity-challenged!

Name: Min
    Type: Psychic

Before doing anything else, I used my new Surf to retrieve the three items hidden in Petalburg. Then I grabbed the one hidden in Route 104. I decided to save the northern reaches of Route 115, as well as Routes 105 through 109, for later. I did take the time, though, to visit the Trick House (getting a perfect 9.16 seconds on Cycling Road on the way) and clear the second, third, and fourth challenges.
    Then it was off toward Fortree. I crossed the river in Route 118, beat the trainers here, went north and defeated the entire Mimic Circle. Shortly after trouncing the last of them, on my way out of the large patch of tall grass they perform in, I ran across a Tropius! I'd been planning on catching one, but I'd never expected to find one this early! I gleefully caught it and loaded it with HMs; aside from being my Flyer, it is also replacing both Seedot and Zigzagoon (mostly.)
    I was getting low on PP, so I had to skip some trainers to reach the Weather Institute. I rested, then went back south to clear the skipped trainers before kicking Team Magma out of the Institute.
    I deposited Castform and the Mystic Water in their respective PCs and healed before battling Brendan; he was much easier this time than last time. I taught Fly to Tropius, and then continued on through Fortree to Route 120, where I showed Steven an impressive display of cunning in turning Kecleon's Special Ability against itself, accepted the Devon Scope from him and headed back to Fortree to challenge Winona's Gym.
    I breezed through the junior trainers and door puzzles, then took on Winona. For the third and final time, Solrock's type gave it an easy edge...except against Skarmory, a problem I solved with Gardevoir's Shock Wave.
    Now able to fly, I celebrated by picking up the Amulet Coin, Sludge Bomb, and Return, and then cleared the fifth Trick House challenge just for the heck of it.

Team:

Solrock L43
    Rock Throw, Rock Slide, Confusion, Fire Spin
    Came in handy against the Fire, Normal and Flying Gyms.

Gardevoir L41
    Psychic, Shock Wave, Double Team, Calm Mind
    My first battler. Temporarily overshadowed by Solrock the Gym Crusher.

Zigzagoon L9
    Surf, Growl, Rock Smash, Cut
    Largely replaced by Tropius; will hang on as long as it still has a monopoly on Surf.

Mudkip L9
    Tackle, Dig, Mud-Slap, Strength
    Won't be getting Surf.

Tropius L25
    Fly, Flash, Cut, Rock Smash
    It even makes Julienne Fries! Well, okay, no it doesn't.

Next: The Changing of the Guard!

Veteran Trainer

LOL.
    Tropius: Outta my way small fires, its MY time to shine!
    Zig and Mudkip: ._. ._.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

Name: Sandy
    Type: Rock
    Reason: They're solid.
    Badges: 8
    Progress:

Yup so I grabbed my l.30 Rhydon and trained some more. Cleared out Mt.Pyre on the inside and outside, grabbed the orb and gave chase to Team Aqua. Aqua base, fight, fight, fight, teaching Dig to Icarus and finally getting some work done. So once defeated, I had to cross the sea...

Basically Icarus died from any water attacks with a higher base power then 35, so it was pretty pointless in training him, but I did. Loads of Revives and Lemonades, but I did it. Cleared out Shoal Cave and various water routes, only to arrive in Mossdeep city where I visited Steven and received Dive and a Kingsrock. Proceeded to the gym, sweeped out the poorly defended Psychic pokemon with Icarus and healed, ready for the twins.

Liza and Tate: Yeah, Lunatone and Aggron vs Lunatone and Solrock. Jubbles (my Lunatone) did Hypnosis on enemy Lunatone, Solrock did 2/5 HP Flamethrower on Aggron, Aggron did Iron tail on Solrock, solrock died. Then, Lunatone slept, my Lunatone did Icebeam and Aggron did Metal Claw. YAY! Badge.

Then some more training over water, did some Dive work, picking up the coloured shards. Then paid a visit to Sootopolis Pokecenter and picked up Brick Break. Finally arrived at Aqua cave, did them in again, revived Kyogre, flew to Sootopolis, defeated Kyogre, did some more training and challenged Wallace. (Not before finishing off the Gymtrainers ofcourse, but you should know by now.)

Wallace: This was my hardest battle so far. Rhydon got sweeped by one waterpulse from Luvdisc *flinch*. Then Lunatone got rid of most pokemon using Psychic. Dreaded Milotic came out. Hypnosis, Psychic, Psychic, Hypnosis, Psychic, dead Milotic. Only Whiscash was left, fainted from two icebeams. Hurray! 8 badges!

So I figured, what to do now? I planted some berries, since I received a Lum (heals all status!!!) berry from a guy in Lilycove and decided to do a contest. Caught myself various pokemon, but chose Wingull in the end. I blended pink pokeblocks fur cuteness, give him all he could eat and defeated Normal, Super and Hyper contest with it. Master failed. I had Attract on my movepool, but it sucked in contest and looked up only to find that Pelliper can have Watersport! I brought a Heartscale and flew to Fallarbor. Big dissapointment: Only Pelliper can learn it not Wingull and he was l.14. Hmm. Exp.Share and finished up the last Trickhouse challenges. Wingull evolved, taught him Watersport and won the Master Contest! Hurray! So far for my contest intermezzo.

So now I'm training up my Rhydon to l.52 for EQ, then I'm going to clear out all the oceans and start my way up to Victory road.

Pokemon:

Ragnarak (Aggron)
    - Level: 48
    - Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
    - Trait: Sturdy
    - Moves: Headbutt | Metal Claw| Aerial Ace | Irontail
    This is the powerhouse and physical wall of the team.

Jubbles (Lunatone)
    - Level: 50
    - Nature: Lax (+Def, -Sp.Def)
    - Trait: Levitate
    - Moves: Psychic | Explosion | Icebeam | Hypnosis
    Special Attacker of the team, in a Rockteam this is highly needed.

Icarus (Rhyhorn)
    - Level: 47
    - Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.atk)
    - Trait: Lightningrod
    - Moves: Stomp | Dig | Rock Blast | Horn Drill
    Yeah keeping him Rhydon until he reaches l.52: EQ.

HMer (Wailmer)
    Surf | Dive | Waterfall | Rocksmash
    My ticket to underwater resorts.

HMer (Tropius)
    Secret Power | Fly | Strenght | Cut
    Usefull indeed.

Pokemon previously owned: Graveler, Lileep.

Any Comments?

Advanced Trainer

I headed down Route 120, beating all of the trainers, and then started on Route 121, until I spotted the Team Magma members gathering to go to Mt. Pyre. After they left, I ducked into the Safari Zone. Solrock got me through the three Gyms it was meant to; now I needed to collect the team that would take me through the Elite Four. First on my list: Girafarig, the Psychic team's perfect answer to Ghost-types.
    I walked up to the counter...and was told I lacked a Pokéblock Case. Sighing, I stepped outside, flew to Slateport and picked one up. While I was there, I decided I might as well go ahead and try using Pokéblocks for this...Girafarig would need to get mileage out of Shadow Ball, so I decided to use Red Pokéblocks to attract one with a Nature favoring Attack. I crossed the contest hall to the Berry Blender, tossed in one of my eight Cheri Berries and blended a Red Pokéblock (for attracting Safari Zone pokémon, Level and Feel don't much matter.) Then I flew back to Fortree, made my way back into the Safari Zone, put the Pokéblock in the feeder and started looking.
    I didn't fare very well. It was ignorant of me to make only one Pokéblock, for one thing. For another, Girafarig seem to be a bit more shy-and able to break out of Safari Balls-than I was expecting. When I met my first, I crept closer to her once and then threw a Ball. She broke out and then ran. After that, I always tried to creep closer twice; some fled after the first, some fled after the second, and the rest fled after breaking out of a single ball. The only ones that didn't run from me were the ones I ran from because they were male; I'm using this Girafarig against Phoebe and I don't need Sableye infatuating it.
    After I ran out of steps, I returned to Rustboro, grabbed the Wailmer Pail and planted all seven of my remaining Cheri Berries in the loamy soil on the Route. I watered them lovingly and wound up with twenty-one berries. Then I flew back to Slateport and blended fourteen of them, saving seven just in case my second try at the Safari Zone went as splendidly as the first.
    This time I had a bit better luck, and I finally managed to catch a Girafarig. With that settled, I ran around the place, collecting items and catching a Doduo, an Oddish and a Psyduck just for fun.
    On my way out of the Safari Zone, I deposited Solrock. Where I was going, I would want an open slot...

Team:

Gardevoir L44
    My senior battler. I'm toying with the idea of replacing Shock Wave with Thunderbolt.

Girafarig L25
    Astonish, Confusion, Stomp, Odor Sleuth
    Anti-Ghost Personnel. Will be getting Shadow Ball.

Zigzagoon L9
    Largely replaced by Tropius; will hang on as long as it still has a monopoly on Surf.

Mudkip L9
    Won't be getting Surf.

Tropius L25

Next: A Spiritual Journey!

Master Trainer

So Solrock is gone now or just temporairly deposited?

Advanced Trainer

I'm not planning on using Solrock again. It was just to help Gardevoir through those Gyms until I could make these late-game catches.

Master Trainer

Strange. All that wasted exp.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs View Post
    Strange. All that wasted exp.
    Not to mention Attack power. :-\

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Master Trainer

Name: Sandy
    Type: Rock
    Reason: They're solid.
    Badges: 8
    Progress:

So yeah, cleared out the oceans and up to victory road. Defeated the last trick house challenges aswell. Victory road was easy, Rhyhorn reached l.52, leared EQ and evolved. Seriously, Rhydon is a beast. Defeated wally with ease and bought my league items including Revives and Hyperpotions. I was ready.

[/B]Sidney

I gave my obtained White Herb to rhydon who was first in line. Mightyena came in, Intimidate was useless due white herb and I smashed him with Break Break. Then Sharpedo came out and I stupid enough to let Rhydon die (overconfident with my powersludge). Aggron came in, Headbutted, Aerial Aced and Iron Tailed the remaining pokemon to death. First step.

Phoebe

Hello beautiful. So yeah, Rhydon was in. EQ sweeped all pokemon, with only some useless Confuse Rays for resistance. Bai beautiful.

Glacia

Rhydon nearly killed the first Glalie with EQ, but then it used Icebeam to KO my 'Don. Aggron came in and Metalclaw+Irontail'ed them to death, he was KO'ed by Walrein's surf, then Lunatone finished him off with two Psychic attacks.

Drake

NOTHING to tell about him. 5 plain Icebeams got rid of his entire team. So much for team coverage.

Steven

I forgot save in front of him incase I lost, I hadn't to restart from previous E4 members, so I was what more relaxed by that. Skarmory was a bitch, it took 3 Icebeams to finish him off and by that time he had laid double Spikes and placed a toxic on Lunatone which I had to heal, losing a free move. After that, I went quite smoothly, EQ was lifesaver and so was Icebeam. Had some trouble with Metagross, but after some Hyperpotions and EQ, Metagross fell. All clear.

Pokemon:

Ragnarak (Aggron)
    - Level: 58
    - Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
    - Trait: Sturdy
    - Moves: Headbutt | Metal Claw| Aerial Ace | Irontail
    Really great defense and resistance against Ice and Psychic attacks, aswell as many physicals. Attack is good aswell, althoug he hasn't really got a wide movepool, still good pokemon, bitch to train up as Aron.

Jubbles (Lunatone)
    - Nature: Lax (+Def, -Sp.Def)
    - Trait: Levitate
    - Moves: Psychic | Explosion | Icebeam | Hypnosis
    This is a lifesaver. Levitate is handy as hell, atleast in a rock team where Aerodactyl isn't available. Icebeam+Psychic is a good combination and hypnosis was usefull at times. You got to try out Lunatone, I love it.

Icarus (Rhydon)
    - Level: 57
    - Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.atk)
    - Trait: Lightningrod
    - Moves: Brick Break | Earthquake | Rock Blast | Horn Drill
    This thing is a beast. Attack as hell, defense is also outstanding. Slow speed is a pity, but you can't have it all. A nice physical movepool and OHKO was for comedy purpose.

HMer (Wailmer)
    Surf | Dive | Waterfall | Rocksmash
    My ticket to underwater resorts.

HMer (Tropius)
    Secret Power | Fly | Strenght | Cut
    Usefull indeed.

Pokemon previously owned: Graveler, Lileep.

Most fun using: Lunatone. Awesome, levels up quickly, nice movepool and fun to look at. Great pokemon, seriously a must-try.
    Most hated moment: Leveling up Aron from l.9, the bitch.

Oh well. Any comments?

Veteran Trainer

Nice MLG.

Yeah Aron is a little bitch, s'why I never really cared about leveling one up.

Pory..LOL. Do I sense the Dancing MCHammermon coming in your party?

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

Lunatone. Awesome, levels up quickly, nice movepool and fun to look at. Great pokemon, seriously a must-try.
    I'm way ahead of you, dude.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Lol, so any suggestions on what I should try next?

Master Trainer

Already decided myself.

Name: Ashton
    Type: Ghost
    Reason: ILG
    Badges: 2
    Progress:

Yup started off, named myself Ashton (from Ashtonish) and grabbed Torchic. Leveled him up to l.12, then defeated rivel, skipped all trainers possible, arrived in Petalburg. Helped Wally catch a pokemon, skipped some more trainers through Petalburg woods, skipped all other battles and arrived in Rustboro.

Yup, went to train in grassy arena's to l.16, so Torchic would evolve and learn Double Kick. Hunted down a good Nincada after 5 bad Nincadas. Not sure if I was going to use him, but I caught him anyway just to make sure. Defeated Gymtrainers.

Roxanne: Two double kicks. Badge!

Immediatly freed Peeko and rushed to Mr.Britany. Sailed to Dewford, and after a long search (seriously, took me 15 minutes to get a Sableye, then caught another one with Lonely nature, the good one.) I finally caught a Sableye. Then sailed back to Petalburg and cleared all my leftover trainers.

Sailed back after Sableye reached l.18, trained some more in Granite Cave until he reached 20. Then Dewford Town Gym was up. Trainers were no match, so Brawly was quick to follow.

Brawly: Ahem, Nightshade + Fake Out = Deadbrawly˛

Sailed to Slateport after some healing and cleared the beach, received the sodapops, defeated Team Aqua in Museum and called it a day.

Sableye (Sableye)
    - Level: 24
    - Nature: Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
    - Trait: Keen Eye
    - Moves: Nightshade | Ashtonish | Fake Out | Fury Swipes

HM slave (Combusken)
    Cut | Ember | Peck | Double Kick

Pokemon in box: Nincada

Any comments?

Veteran Trainer

o.O O jimminy. Ghost streak now. This should be swift LOL. Geez. Killer Sableye lol

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

I did a Single-Fighter Challenge with a Sableye once. They're real bundles of fun.

I walked south and Surfed off the dock to reach Mt. Pyre. I ascended the inner chambers, using Girafarig to defeat the wild Duskull and most of the trainers. I had to send out Gardevoir against the double-battle Couple and the Pokémaniac with the Lairon...and then there was the Hariyama that spammed Whirlwind...my Mudkip grew two levels from that Hariyama for no reason.
    At the top, after a surprisingly tough battle with a trainer's Sableye, I claimed TM 30: Shadow Ball and taught it to Girafarig, greatly improving her Ghostbusting ability. Then I dropped down the holes to the lowest floor, and exited onto the mountain slope.
    Climbing the mountain, I battled wild pokémon with Girafarig for a while until I finally found a Meditite. I caught the psychic martial artist without much fuss using one of the Ultra Balls I'd found on the mountain. Checking his stats, I was pleased to see he was Lonely, but disturbed to see the only damaging attack he knew right now was Hidden Power. Girafarig needed a rest by now anyway, so I took flight from the mountainside, landed in Fallarbor, withdrew a Heart Scale and gave Meditite Confusion. I also used my Facade TM on it.
    I decided to give Meditite some more training before handling the peak, so I flew to Petalburg and tackled the Sea Routes 105 through 109, though I didn't go into the Wrecked Ship just yet. Then I flew to Rustboro and poked around the northern end of Route 115. Then I flew back to Fortree, returned to Mt. Pyre and went through the scene at the peak.
    After pursuing Team Magma to Slateport, only to be too late again, I flew to Fortree one more time and finally got around to finishing off Route 121, reaching Lilycove in anticipation of a showdown.

Team:

Meditite L36
    Facade, Hi Jump Kick, Confusion, Detect
    My bodyguard against Dark-types. Hi Jump Kick will be replaced; the damage on a miss is greater than I remembered.

Girafarig L36
    Shadow Ball, Confusion, Stomp, Odor Sleuth
    Anti-Ghost Personnel.

Gardevoir L44
    My senior battler. I'm toying with the idea of replacing Shock Wave with Thunderbolt.

Zigzagoon L9

Mudkip L11
    Won't be getting Surf.

Tropius L25

Next: Where the Land Ends and the Sea Begins...
    Last edited by Poryhedron; 9th December 2006 at 02:41 PM.

Master Trainer

You're just working your team to match the E4, never thought of that. Oh well.

Badges: 3
    Progress:

Did some more training and decided to get myself a Shedninja. I started training that thing the piggeybacking way, and made a quick return to Rustboro to pick up Exp.Share. So after millions of hours (since Nincada is just as big of a prick as Aron) I finally made it to l.20, but dejected Nincada's evolution. Trained some more, defeated gym trainers and Wattson was up.

Wattson: Nincada did some Fury Swiping for Voltorb and Sableye took out the rest with Nightshade. Badge!

Though Rock Smash to Combusken and made my way up, battling all sorts of trainers until Nincada reached l.24, gave him one Rare Candy and let him evolve. Nincada learned False Swipe, evolved, Shedninja learned Swordsdance! Continued through Fiery path, obtained Secretpower taught it to Shedninja and trained some more. Went through the ashfields, into Fallarbor, obtained Dig, taught it to Shedninja and saved after receiving Roar from some strange guy with a Poocheyena. Save.

Sableye (Sableye)
    - Moves: Nightshade | Ashtonish | Fake Out | Fury Swipes
    Very nice pokemon indeed. Will be pretty annoying when I'm done with him.

Shedinja (Shedinja)
    - Level: 26
    - Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
    - Trait: Wonder Guard
    - Moves: Secret Power | Dig | Swordsdance | Leechlife
    An unique pokemon. Sweeping is what he'll do. Hurray.

HM slave (Combusken)
    Cut | Ember | Rock Smash | Double Kick

Any comments?

Veteran Trainer

(raises hand)

What's the point of having Leech Life on a Pokemon with only 1 HP?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

It's just an attack. Not really for the healing aspect, it never was. Just a bug attack. Will be replaced ofcourse, later.

Veteran Trainer

O.o I'm not sure if you had to wait to gain Silver Wind or not? Cause you --bah dun listen to me :O::Waits patiently::

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

I don't have Silver Wind since I had to breed. I'm never going to have a decent bug attack. Oh well. Update later.

Master Trainer

You're just working your team to match the E4, never thought of that. Oh well.

Badges: 3
    Progress:

Strumbled trough the routes to Meteor Falls, blablabla Team Aqua, rushed back to Mt.Chimney, defeated Aqua, got back to route 115, defeated trainers, Jagged Pass, Lavaridge town, defeated Gymtrainers.

Flannery: Dig, Dig, Dig, Shedninja fainted, Nightshade x2, Badge!

Hurried to Petalburg, defeated gymtrainers.

Norman: Bloody pokemon all had Faint attack. *grumbles* Yeah, Hyperpotions and Faintattack all the way, badge, hurray!

Picked up surf, surfed east from Mauville, skipped all trainers, defeated Aqua at Weather Institute, skipped more trainers, arrived in Fortree, picked up Devon Scope on route 120, skipped all trainers, arrived in Lilycove, healed pokemon, defeated May (needed to get in the Departement Store) and went on a Ghost pokemon hunt!

I arrived at Mt.Pyre's first floor and started catching Shuppets. To make a long story short: I caught 12 Shuppets before catching the right nature'ed one. Number 13, concidence?

Went back to Mauville, avoiding all trainers (some caught me, the bastards) and got back on Mt.Chimney, defeated a trainer there and saved my game. More to come later.

Sableye (Sableye)
    - Level: 39
    - Moves: Nightshade | Astonish | Fake Out | Faint Attack

Shedinja (Shedinja)
    - Level: 33
    - Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
    - Trait: Wonder Guard
    - Moves: Secret Power | Dig | Swordsdance | Confuse Ray
    An unique pokemon. Sweeping is what he'll do. Hurray.

Shuppet (Shuppet)
    - Level: 26
    - Trait: Insomnia
    - Moves: Nightshade | Curse | Screech | Spite
    One of my favorite ghost pokemon. It's pokedex entry alone is making me love this thing.

HM slave (Tropius)
    Cut | Fly | Razorleaf | Strenght

HM slave (Zigzagoon)
    Surf | Rocksmash | yadayada

Next up: Training up! Oh and Duskull hunt...*sigh* (hopeless)
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 12th December 2006 at 10:16 AM.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I don't have Silver Wind since I had to breed. I'm never going to have a decent bug attack. Oh well. Update later.
    Wait you are allowed to breed Pokemon? And doesn't Silver Wind need to be bread? I thought it was against the rules?

Master Trainer

Ofcourse you're allowed. Or if not, it's used many many times.

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yah, Shuppet. Trust me, it too will be a bitch to train, considering how you don't its only decent attack (Shadow Ball) until Lv.44 (or Lv.48 if you evolve it into Banette).

For another attack, I guess I would either recommend Return or maybe a Special attack, like Psychic.

Still, good Pokemon that got alot of annoyance moves (Will-o-Wisp, Knock Off, Grudge, Snatch, etc.). I recommend anyone to try one out, just it'll be a bitch to train up in the early stages.

Master Trainer

Badges: 5
    Progress:

Ok, so I trained up Shuppet battling all sorts of trainers from my Pokenav. Picked up TM01, delivered Meteorite to Cosmo, and all such little things. I thought Shuppet Shock Wave, so he wouldn't have to rely on Nightshade alone anymore. One of the 'side quests' was stopping the New Mauville Generator, so after that I replaced Shockwave with Thunderbolt.

Once the side quests were done, I went to Slateport and started clearing out the seas, abandoned ship, etc. until I reached Petalburg. Surfed east of Mauville and continued like I had to continue if I wouldn't haved rushed through to get a Shuppet. Finished up the trainers in Route 118 and 119 and saved before the Gym. I also decided to drop Shedinja, he's getting a pain in the ass.

Sableye (Sableye)
    - Level: 43
    - Moves: Nightshade | Shadowball | Fake Out | Faint Attack

Banette (Banette)
    - Level: 44
    - Moves: Nightshade | Faint attack | Will-o-Wisp | Thunderbolt
    One of my favorite ghost pokemon. It's pokedex entry alone is making me love this thing.

HM slave (Tropius)

HM slave (Zigzagoon)

Next up: Scorced Feathers, nicknames and Duskull hunt...*sigh* (hopeless)

Master Trainer

Badges: 7
    Progress:

Cleared out Gymtrainers with ease, using my Banette with Thunderbolt.

Winona: Thunderbolt x2, Nightshade x4. Badge!

Then I went on with my work, going down route 120, into 121, more training, arrived in Lilycove, healed and went on Duskull hunt. After realising I would need all off Dusclops stats I decided to go with a Neutral natured one. I trained him up using my 'TV reporter easy training method', which consists of beating Gabby and Ty over and over again using a weak pokemon and a strong pokemon. You can battle them over and over again.

After Duskull evolved into Dusclops I taught him Shadowball and Icebeam to defend himself. More training and received Blue Orb after defeating Aqua trainers. Cleared out Lilycove Aqua Base and set chase in the water.

Arrived in Mossdeep and did some more water training, after that the gym was ready for me. Gymtrainers went down with ease once more and I headed for the twins.

Liza and Tate: Fake out on Lunatone, WoW on Solrock, shadowball x2. Badge!

Then, after that, I went to name my three pokemon. I named them after the Three Fates in Greek Mythology.

The Fates have the subtle but, awesome power of deciding a mans destiny. The assign a man to good or evil. There most obvious choice is choosing how long a man lives. There are three Fates. Clotho, the spinner, who spins the thread of life. Lachesis, the measurer, who chooses the lot in life one will have and measures off how long it is to be. Atropos, she who can not be turn, who at death with her shears cuts the tread of life. The Fates are old and predate the gods. It is not entirely clear how far their power extends. It is possible that they determine the fate of the gods as well. In any case, not even the most powerful is willing to trifle with them.
    Pokemon

Clotho (Sableye)
    - Moves: Nightshade | Shadowball | Fake Out | Faint Attack

Lachesis (Banette)
    - Moves: Shadowball | Faint attack | Will-o-Wisp | Thunderbolt

Atropos (Dusclops)
    - Nature: Quircky (Neutral)
    - Trait: Pressure
    - Moves: Confuse Ray | Shadowball | Will-o-Wisp | Icebeam
    To bad he has so low HP, otherwise nice Def and Sp.Def.

HM slave (Tropius)

HM slave (Zigzagoon)

Next up: Aqua showdown.

Advanced Trainer

I took on Brendan outside Lilycove Department Store. It didn't fare incredibly well for me; after Girafarig dealt a blow that almost finished Swellow, Swellow retaliated with Endeavor and left Girafarig something to remember it by just before getting finished off. Meditite took a Leaf Blade from Brendan's Grovyle, and then his Wailmer got a lucky hit with Astonish, of all things, fainting Meditite. Nonetheless, Girafarig pulled through and finished the rest of Brendan's team.
    I entered the nonsensical Team Magma shoreline hideout (thank goodness Emerald was able to put both teams where they belong!) and cleaned out the place. During that exercise, Meditite evolved into Medicham!
    When I was finished with that, I Surfed across Route 124 to Mossdeep. Upon arriving on the island, I deposited Zigzagoon.
    I visited Steven, got HM 8 and taught Dive to Mudkip, then went to the eastern end of the island and got the Super Rod. With this prize, I flew back to Lilycove, and after fending off an entire pod of Wailmer, caught my last battler: Staryu. I taught Staryu Surf.
    No matter which way I go about it, I'll need to be able to use Dive before I can get a Water Stone, so next I tackled Mossdeep Gym. Girafarig and Medicham cleared out all of the junior trainers and then wiped out Solrock and Lunatone with not much trouble. I accepted the Mind Badge, and then flew to Slateport and Surfed south to my next destination: the Abandoned Ship.
    I entered, skipped most of the trainers (one caught me), grabbed the Storage Key and got TM 13. Then I Dove into the hold, surfaced in the extra cabins and picked up the Water Stone in Room 3. I used both of these items on Staryu, and then had my new Ice Beaming Starmie take on all of the trainers in the ship.
    After that, I visited the Trick House and cleared the newest Challenge, but the trainers there were tougher than I was expecting and Starmie had a rough time of it. I'll need to train it against weaker pokémon for a while...like the Spinda on Route 113 (hello SAT EP!)
    I also need to decide something...I need to pick up the Thunderbolt TM, and I need to decide who to use it on. Should I give it to Starmie, or Gardevoir...if I give it to Gardevoir then I'll give Starmie Psychic.

Team:

Starmie L29
    Swift, Ice Beam, Surf, Recover
    The nigh-legendary Special turret.

Medicham L40
    Facade, Hi Jump Kick, Confusion, Detect
    My bodyguard against Dark-types. Hi Jump Kick will be replaced; the damage on a miss is greater than I remembered.

Girafarig L40
    Shadow Ball, Confusion, Stomp, Odor Sleuth
    Anti-Ghost Personnel.

Gardevoir L44
    My senior battler. Might get Thunderbolt, or Starmie might.

Tropius L25

Mudkip L11
    Dive, Dig, Mud-Slap, Strength
    It can carry me downward; still needs to learn how to carry me upward.

Next: Lots of good ol'fashioned training ahead!
    Last edited by Poryhedron; 19th December 2006 at 04:14 PM.

Elite Trainer

Or why not give them both Thunderbolt (well, if you don't want to, I'd say give Starmie Psychic and Gardy TBolt and Brick Break to Medicham)

Master Trainer

Progress:

Yeah, cleared out Aqua underwatercave, defeated Kyogre and defeated Wallace's Gymtrainers.

Wallace: Thunderbolt from Bannette finished off almost everything, Shadowball for Whiscash.

More training, cleared out all oceans and sailed for Evergrande. There, I healed my pokemon quickly went through the cave, beating all trainers in the progress. Wally was easy, Dusclops and his Icebeam could kill almost 3/4 off his team.

Sydney: White Herb on Sableye so Intimidate wouldn't work, then Fake Out, then Brickbreak. Same Brickbreak killed the rest off the team.

Phoebe: I knew more about her pokemon then she knew. Shadowball x4, Thunderbolt x2 for Sableye.

Glacia: Combination of Brickbreak and Thunderbolt, easy.

Drake: Icebeam from Dusclops finished the entire team, combined with some Shadowballs.

Steven: Thunderbolt for Skarm. Brickbreak for Aggron, Shadowball for Metagross, Various moves for Armaldo (he got two Ancientpower boosts, pretty hard to defeat), then Icebeam + WoW against Cradily. Shadowball against Claydol.

I did it, I finished Ghost MTC.

Pokemon

Clotho (Sableye)
    - Moves: Nightshade | Shadowball | Fake Out | Brickbreak
    I liked using this pokemon from the beginning to the end. He's pretty versatile, although I couldn't fully exploit his potential, using him ingame. Still a very nice pokemon.

Lachesis (Banette)
    - Level: 59
    - Moves: Shadowball | Faint attack | Will-o-Wisp | Thunderbolt
    Good chance of becoming my alltime favorite Ghost pokemon. This thing is relatively fast, has great attack power and his Sp.atk isn't to bad compared to other Ghost pokemon (do mind that Gengar wasn't an option).

Atropos (Dusclops)
    - Level: 59
    - Nature: Quircky (Neutral)
    - Trait: Pressure
    - Moves: Confuse Ray | Shadowball | Will-o-Wisp | Icebeam
    I really liked this pokemon, although his low attack power and HP can become an issue, ingame that is. Def and Sp.Def through the roof!

HM slave (Tropius)

HM slave (Sharpedo)
    Surf | Rocksmash | Waterfall | Dive

Most hated moment: Training up Nincada, who was a bitch, and I didn't use it afterall.
    Most loved moment: Using WoW, seriously a kick ass move.

Next up: Dark!

Elite Trainer

Yep, gotta love Banette (one of my favorite Pokemon of all time). As you graciously mentioned, the thing can kick some serious ass. Too bad the defenses and speed are all kinda average

Veteran Trainer

Heh, not in ASB they aren't. W00t!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Progress:

I started out, named myself Sharon (after Shadow) and chose Mudkip as my starter. Defeated May on Route 103 and obtained pokeballs. I hurried and caught myself a Neutral Poochyena and started to train him up. He's pretty high demanding to train up and so his level isn't that high for this part of the game. Trained him to l.9 and arrived at Petalburg.

Helped Wally catch a pokemon, did some more training, flew through Petalburg Forest, saved Devon Researcher and did some more training in and around Rustboro. Gymbadge is going to be difficult.

Pokemon

Poochyena (Poochyena)
    - Level: 16
    - Nature: Serious (Neutral)
    - Trait: Run Away
    - Moves: Bite | Howl | Tackle | Sand-attack
    So far he needs much exp to gain a level and his moves are rather crappy. Thank god he learned Bite, since I was loosing to Zigzagoons.

HM slave (Zigzagoon)
    Cut | -- | -- | --

Next up: Fighting an oversides Nostril Rock.

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Hmm... this sounds interesting. I might join... I'll probably start with Normal, just because this is my first shot and they're so well-rounded. I'd go Fire, as it's my favorite type, but I strongly dislike all of the Fire-types available in RSE except for Vulpix and Torchic/evolutions, and I do not own a Shark and flatly refuse to use one. Of course, I *might* be tempted to try the GSC Monotype and cheat a bit with my Monster Brain, but those things are safer than Sharks anyway. Gamesharks just smack of evil to me, is all... anyway.

I have a question before I try this: Is Emerald allowed? I have two Emeralds, two Sapphires (I refuse to restart one of each, but the others are game), and a GBA Memory Stick that I can use... I'd rather use Emerald, but I'll go Sapphire or Ruby if I have to. (Probably Ruby, because that's the easiest way to get the unfair awesomeness that is Zangoose... I'd be more willing to breed for one if I was using Emerald, though.)

Okay, I lied: two questions. Can you trade in a Pokémon from a different generation as long as it's same-type? I know I wouldn't be able to do that in Emerald, but, say, could I trade a Clefairy or Sentret over into my Ruby?

EDIT- All right, one more: are, uh, Legendaries okay? This is more a hypothetical question than anything else and not all that possible anyway, but could I use Groudon or something? If I was doing Ground, I mean, and I don't plan to. I know that legends are noobish and all, but if I just happen to love Groudon to death then would that be okay?
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 27th December 2006 at 02:42 PM.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer

You can trade over other pokemon and no you can't use Legendaries. The rules are on page 1.

Type: Dark
    Reason: I like Mightyena.
    Badges: 2
    Progress:

So I defeated the first Gymtrainers, then returned to my training spot and leveled him up to l.18, where he evolved! Atlast a Mightyena.

Roxanne: Bite, bite, bite, bite, oh did I mention bite? Hurray!

More training, shipping to Dewford, more training, delivered letter, cleared out Gymtrainers.

Brawly: Used Sand-Attack 6 times, then started howling, after 3 Howls he scored a Karatechop boosted by 3 Bulk Up's and my Mightyena was finished. No.

Hurried up to Slateport, defeated Beachtrainers, grabbed my dozen Soda Pops, cleared out Oceanic museum and delivered parts. Mightyena was l.24

Brawly˛: Started Biting from move 1, Howled, then tackle and defeated both Machop and Makuhita. Hurray!

Saved here.

Pokemon

Mightyena (Mightyena)
    - Nature: Serious (Neutral)
    - Trait: Run Away
    - Moves: Bite | Howl | Tackle | Sand-attack
    Relatively fast pokemon, nice attack power, although no attacks to benefit from. I'm waiting for Shadowball.

HM slave (Zigzagoon)
    Cut | -- | -- | --

Next up: House of Tricks, Electric Showdown and more.

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Ah, but the rules didn't mention legendaries. Whatever, I was just curious.

But you haven't answered my other question: Is Emerald allowed, or is this a strictly R/S challenge?

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer

No it's allowed.

Veteran Trainer

Oh snap. Dark Challenge. RAWR I was gonna do a Dark Challenge -.- oh well. Didn't acquire another Sapphire in time. Maybe next week.

BTW-Go Hounds! ::Fan of Mightyena too.::

Entertaining quotes!