Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2004-2006 R/S Monotype Challenge

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Re: 2004-2006 R/S Monotype Challenge

Well, then... shall we get started?

Name: Kijun (Japanese for "standard", which I guess counts as normal)
    Type: Normal
    Reason: I have no idea what I'm getting myself into and chose the most versatile, easy-to-use type I could (in other words, I took the pansy route)
    Badges: None yet.
    Progress:

So, today I start my first Monotype Challenge journey, out on a quest to catch and train a team full of Normal-type Pokémon. What a shame that Professor Birch doesn't offer any... I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on a Zigzagoon and Taillow, and until then I suppose I'll have to deal with Mudkip. After couple of soft resets to find a good Mudkip (I'll be trading it to another version for use anyway... why not get a nice one?) I grab my kipper of choice and Tackle the wild Zigzagoon into submission. Pity I couldn't catch it... it must be a monster of a LV2 Zigzagoon if it can terrify a large, hefty, full-grown man.

I named my Mudkip Triton and set out to beat the snot out of May so I could grab some Pokéballs. Having successfully done so, I hit Route 102, caught myself a male Lv3 Zigzagoon I called Izanagi and chucked Triton into the computer... now I can really get started!

After much training (and the realization that it's going to take a hell of a long time for me to be able to beat Roxanne with a Zigzagoon and a Taillow), I captured said Taillow, a male by the name of Raven.

Time to stop now, even though I haven't done much... meh. I've leveled both Izanagi and Raven to Lv8, and the trainers around Petalburg are pretty easy to beat... I think I'm going to cry when I battle Roxanne, though. Maybe Normal wasn't such an easy choice to start with after all... so much for taking the pansy route.

Kijun's Current Team:

Izanagi the Male
    Normal
    Level Eight
    Nature: Quirky
    Ability: Pickup
    Item: None, so I can swipe stuff
    Movelist: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip

Raven the Male
    Normal/Flying
    Level Eight
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Guts
    Item: None
    Movelist: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

Next Installment: Obscene amounts of training, my friends. 'Cause you know my team's gonna have to be in the 20's to even scratch Roxanne and her stupid Nosepass, bleah.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Name: Sharon
    Type: Dark
    Reason: I like Mightyena.
    Badges: 3
    Progress:

I proceeded into Slateport after finishing Brawly, I had already disposed of the beach so instantly took care of Team Aqua at the Oceanic Museum. Then I went up and finished all the trainers until Mauville, including the Trick house #1 and the Bikers road.

Arrived at Mauville, healed, defeated Winstrates, cleared route 117,118 and picked up Blackglasses. Hurried back to the gym and defeated the gymtrainers with ease.

Wattson: Magnemite fell to three bites, but managed to paralyze me. Voltorb kinda almost knocked me out, because I kept being paralyzed, then I used a full restore my Zigzagoon picked up and defeated Voltorb. Magneton got a load full of Swaggers since he had no physical attack anyway, except for Sonicboom that is. Some more bites and a soda pop claimed me my victory. Badge!

Saved here.

Pokemon

Mightyena (Mightyena)
    - Level: 33
    - Nature: Serious (Neutral)
    - Trait: Run Away
    - Moves: Bite | Howl | Tackle | Swagger
    Relatively fast pokemon, nice attack power, although no attacks to benefit from. I'm waiting for Shadowball.

HM slave (Zigzagoon)
    Cut | Rocksmash | -- | --

Next up: House of Tricks, Electric Showdown and more.

Master Trainer

Name: Sharon
    Reason: I like Mightyena.
    Badges: 4
    Progress:

After beating Wattson I trained some more, rocksmashed, received strenght and followed up the route to Mt.Chimney. Couldn't get on top, so decided to go under it, trained some more, went through the ashes and reached Fallarbor. Healed there, trained some more while beating all trainers, ran into Aqua at Meteor Falls, rushed back to Mt.Chimney, could get on top of it now and beat the crap out of the their entire squad.

Went down Jagged Pass, reached Lavaridge, healed and defeated Gymtrainers.

Flannery: Yup, Slugma's fell easy with Bite. Then some Takedowns, Bites and Soda Pops later I got my badge.

Received Go-goggles from rival and immediatly visited the desert, caught myself a good Cacnea and decided to train it up now. Saved.

Pokemon

Mightyena (Mightyena)
    - Level: 41
    - Nature: Serious (Neutral)
    - Trait: Run Away
    - Moves: Bite | Howl | Take Down | Swagger
    Relatively fast pokemon, nice attack power, although no attacks to benefit from. I'm waiting for Shadowball.

Cacnea (Cacnea)
    - Level: 21
    - Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk, - Atk)
    - Trait: Sand Veil
    - Moves: Leech Seed | Pin Missile | Growth | Sand attack
    I just like him.

HM slave (Zigzagoon)
    Cut | Rocksmash | -- | --

Next up: Training up. Family duel.
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 21st January 2007 at 03:23 PM.

Do I know how to throw a punch Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

@Phoenixsong: Can't Zigzagoon learn Bullet Seed? That should save you some training.
    Cooking is a gift from the gods.
    Spices are a gift from the devil.
    Looks like it became a little too spicy for you.
    ~Sanji, after beating Jyabura at Enies Lobby(One Piece)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Name: Shadow (As in the shadows that birds cast on the ground)
    Type: Flying
    Reason: Nice variety
    Badges: 1
    Progress:

I started out with Mudkip, just to leave May with the Trecko family, which should be pretty easy to beat with Flying types. After showing Wally how to catch a Ralts, I headed over west of Petalburg and caught myself a Taillow. Now I can dump Mudkip into the PC. I then caught a Wingull, and after their levels were sufficient to enter Petalburg forest, I did, beating the Bug Catchers with ease. I defeated the Team Aqua Grunt easily, and received a Great Ball for doing so.

Rustboro Gym-Roxanne: Roxanne proved to be difficult, but Wingull beat her with a OHKO on Geodude and a Critical Hit on Nosepass. Now I traded Mudkip and my original HM Slave Zigzagoon over to my Emerald version for a Natu and a Gligar egg. (Rare Candy from Zigzagoon + lvl. 25 Natu= Evolution into Xatu!) I set off east of Rustboro to go defeat the Aqua Grunt again, and to replace the Zigzagoon slave. I catch a Zigzagoon, and defeat the Aqua Grunt again, and receive another Great Ball.

Pokemon:

Taillow / Taillow
    ====
    Type: Normal / Flying
    Level: 14
    Nature: Serious
    Moves: Peck | Wing Attack | Focus Energy | Quick Attack
    The classic Flying type Pokemon

Wingull / Wingull
    ====
    Type: Water / Flying
    Level: 16
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moves: Growl | Water Gun | Supersonic | Wing Attack
    I like this combo. Water and Flying.

Xatu / Xatu
    ====
    Type: Psychic / Flying
    Level: 26
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Peck | Leer | Night Shade | Teleport
    He will be useful once he obeys

Egg / Egg (Gligar Egg)
    ====
    Type: ??? (Ground / Flying)
    Level: ?
    Nature: ?
    Ability: ?
    Moves: --|--|--|--
    Wattson's going down

HM Slave(s):

Zigzagoon / Zigzagoon
    ====
    Level: 8
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Pickup <3
    Moves: Tackle | Growl | Tail Whip | Cut
    Last edited by footballrocks; 13th June 2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Streamlining it, finishing it

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Name: Shadow (As in the shadows that birds cast on the ground)
    Type: Flying
    Reason: Nice variety
    Badges: 1
    Progress:

I arrive at Dewford, and capture a Zubat, which I teach Steel Wing right away.

Dewford Gym-Brawly: I took advantage of the gym trainers to train Zubat. Brawly was easy using a team of Flying types. Makuhita got lucky off of a Critical Hit but Taillow managed to KO him with 1 hp left. Now I can light up caves...but I already got through Granite Cave... Xatu finally obeys me.

I talk to the old guy and he takes me to Slateport. Now I get to beat Team Aqua members again... After running around Slateport for about forever, Gligar finally hatches! Now I get to bait and switch all the trainers here... Gligar looks sweet from the back in the game...

I headed northeast of Slateport and defeated May. Her Wailmer was the only problem, because it had Roll Out. Xatu took care of it however, with Night Shade. Grovyle was easy, a pair of Wing Attacks knocked him out cold. Numel was pretty easy as well. And I'll leave off here...for now.

Pokemon:

Zubat / Zubat
    ====
    Type: Poison / Flying
    Level: 18
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Leech Life | Supersonic | Steel Wing | Bite

Taillow / Taillow
    ====
    Type: Normal / Flying
    Level: 18
    Nature: Serious
    Moves: Peck | Wing Attack | Focus Energy | Quick Attack
    The classic Flying type Pokemon

Wingull / Wingull
    ====
    Type: Water / Flying
    Level: 17
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moves: Growl | Water Gun | Supersonic | Wing Attack
    I like this combo. Water and Flying.

Xatu / Xatu
    ====
    Type: Psychic / Flying
    Level: 27
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Peck | Leer | Night Shade | Teleport
    He will be useful once he obeys

Gligar / Gligar
    ====
    Type: Ground / Flying
    Level: 14
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Moves: Poison Sting | Rock Tomb | Sand-Attack | Harden
    Wattson's going down

HM Slave(s):

Zigzagoon / Zigzagoon
    ====
    Level: 8
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Pickup <3
    Moves: Tackle | Growl | Tail Whip | Cut

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Name: Min
    Type: Psychic

Surprise! I'm back! I want to finish up this MTC before I begin one on Pearl. Since the last time I posted, I have EV-trained all four of my battlers to the Effort Ribbon, so I'm ready to deal Team Magma one final crushing blow! Here are the team's current stats, going into the Seafloor Cavern.

Team:

Starmie L45
    Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, Confuse Ray
    The nigh-legendary Special turret.

Gardevoir L45
    Psychic, Thunderbolt, Double Team, Calm Mind
    My senior battler.

Girafarig L47
    Psybeam, Shadow Ball, Stomp, Odor Sleuth
    Anti-Ghost Personnel.

Medicham L48
    Facade, Brick Break, Confusion, Detect
    My bodyguard against Dark-types.

Tropius L25
    Fly, Flash, Cut, Rock Smash
    It even makes Julienne Fries! Well, okay, no it doesn't.

Mudkip L14 (I forget now how that happened...o_O)
    Dive, Dig, Mud-Slap, Strength
    It can carry me downward; still needs to learn how to carry me upward.

Next: It's about to be a real sun-shiney day!

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Advanced Trainer

I Surfed and Dove from Mossdeep to the Seafloor Cavern. The grunts were all jokes, of course, and Magma Admin Courtney wasn't any better. ("Ahahahaha! ...Ouch!" A quote that will last through the ages. ^_^) I solved the final boulder puzzle and proceeded to the bottom of the cavern to battle Maxie.
    Maxie led with Mightyena; Starmie took the Intimidate and then I sent in Medicham, who took a Scary Face. That proved costly, as Mightyena scored a Swagger next turn that made the ATK-pumped Medicham hurt itself, taking off two-thirds of its own HP. I Full Restored while Mightyena used Take Down, and then Medicham Brick Broke Mightyena out of the battle.
    Maxie sent in Crobat; I countered with Gardevoir, who one-shotted Crobat with Thunderbolt. Finally, Maxie sent in Camerupt, I put Starmie back out and washed Maxie's dreams of winning down the drain.
    All of which, of course, was for naught as The Mighty Pokémon of the Continents, Groudon, was reawakened!! (insert excitement here!) I watched the lengthy cut scene with Maxie realizing just how thoroughly he's screwed up, Archie bemoaning how utterly boned the world is, and Steven broadly hinting that Sootopolis is the place to go. I'd already been there for the Brick Break TM, so I Flew there right behind Steven, healed and went to the Cave of Origin with Steven and Wallace.
    Inside, Tropius Flashed to light the way, and amidst the random Mawile and the rumblings of the creature deep within, I found a stray HM 7 and taught Mudkip Waterfall, completing its moveset.
    At the smoke-filled bottom of the Cave of Origin, the Red Orb shone brightly to draw Groudon from its climate-altering work. It approached me, setting the stage for a titanic battle for the fate of the world...a battle which I ended Turn 1 with the Master Ball. :p Then Mudkip Dug me back out and I headed for Wallace's Gym and the final Badge of the Hoenn League.
    With perfect grace, I solved the first ice-cracking puzzle...then the second...then the third. The path lay open to move straight to the Gym Leader. I looked Wallace in the eye...and then slowly and deliberately stepped sideways, falling into the lower level. Gardevoir dined on Water-type EXP, with Thunderbolt for a utensil.
    Rather than take the time to leave and come back, I used an Ether on Thunderbolt and then approached Wallace, for real this time. Gardevoir wiped out Wallace's opening Luvdisc exactly as she had the other Gym trainers' pokémon, and promptly grew to level 48. A critical-hit Psychic disposed of Wallace's Whiscash, and then two more Thunderbolts cleared his Sealeo and Seaking. His Milotic survived a Thunderbolt with a good third of its life remaining, but its Water Pulse attack failed to confuse Gardevoir, and Milotic fell to a second and final Thunderbolt. The Rain Badge completed my set of Hoenn League Badges, opening the way to the Pokémon League Challenge...

Team:

Gardevoir L48
    My senior battler.

Starmie L46
    The nigh-legendary Special turret.

Girafarig L47
    Anti-Ghost Personnel.

Medicham L48
    My bodyguard against Dark-types.

Tropius L25
    It even makes Julienne Fries! Well, okay, no it doesn't.

Mudkip L14
    Dig, Dive, Waterfall, Strength
    The ultimate spelunker.

Next: The Avenue to Action! The Path to Pandemonium! The Boulevard to Battle! Victory! Road!

Advanced Trainer

I Dove from Sootopolis into the surrounding sea and Surfed eastward, battling random trainers along the way. Reaching Ever Grande, I healed at the Pokémon Center and then plowed on through Victory Road, using a guide I wrote a few playthroughs ago to battle every trainer and collect every item. I only had to Dig out and heal once. All of my battlers had reached Level 50 by the end of the journey and the battle with Wally.
    The battle with Wally started out simple enough. I one-hitted each of his first four pokémon: first Starmie Ice Beamed Altaria, then Medicham Brick Broke both Delcatty and Magneton, and then Gardevoir Psychiced Roselia. At this point I really should have switched out my own Gardevoir for Girafarig and taken out Wally's Gardevoir with Shadow Ball...but the idea of a senior-battler Gardevoir vs. senior-battler Gardevoir battle was simply too tempting to resist.

GARDEVOIR used CALM MIND!
    GARDEVOIR's SP.ATK rose!
    GARDEVOIR's SP.DEF rose!
    Foe GARDEVOIR used DOUBLE TEAM!
    Foe GARDEVOIR's evasiveness rose!
    GARDEVOIR used THUNDERBOLT!
    GARDEVOIR's attack missed!
    Foe GARDEVOIR used DOUBLE TEAM!
    Foe GARDEVOIR's evasiveness rose!
    Foe GARDEVOIR seems to be at 30% HP!
    Foe GARDEVOIR used CALM MIND!
    Foe GARDEVOIR's SP.ATK rose!
    Foe GARDEVOIR's SP.DEF rose!
    PKMN TRAINER WALLY used SUPER POTION!
    Foe GARDEVOIR seems to be at 67% HP!
    Foe GARDEVOIR seems to be at 10% HP!
    Foe GARDEVOIR's paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
    Foe GARDEVOIR's SYNCHRONIZE paralyzed GARDEVOIR! It may be unable to move!
    PKMN TRAINER WALLY used SUPER POTION!
    Foe GARDEVOIR seems to be at 55% HP!
    GARDEVOIR is paralyzed! It can't move!
    Foe GARDEVOIR seems to be at 1% HP!
    Foe GARDEVOIR is paralyzed! It can't move!
    Foe GARDEVOIR fainted!
    MIN defeated PKMN TRAINER WALLY!

The battle won, I departed Victory Road and entered the Pokémon League Building. I healed, bought some Hyper Potions and Full Restores, saved, and tried my luck against the Elites. This was the "Idunno if I'll win, I'm just going to see what I'm up against" attempt.

—ELITE FOUR—
    —L50 CHALLENGE—
    —FIGHT!—

ELITE FOUR SIDNEY would like to battle!
    ELITE FOUR SIDNEY sent out MIGHTYENA!
    Go! STARMIE!
    Foe MIGHTYENA's INTIMIDATE cuts STARMIE's ATTACK!
    MIN: "Like that affects it any.
    Now to take you out and clear the path for MEDICHAM..."
    STARMIE used SURF!
    A critical hit!
    Foe MIGHTYENA fainted!
    ELITE FOUR SIDNEY sent out CACTURNE!
    Go! MEDICHAM!
    MIN: "And completely INTIMIDATE-free. Let's do it!"
    MEDICHAM used BRICK BREAK!
    It's super effective!
    Foe CACTURNE fainted!
    ELITE FOUR SIDNEY sent out ABSOL!
    It's super effective!
    Foe ABSOL fainted!
    MEDICHAM grew to level 51!
    ELITE FOUR SIDNEY sent out SHARPEDO!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SHARPEDO fainted!
    Foe SHARPEDO's ROUGH SKIN hurt MEDICHAM!
    MEDICHAM is at 94% HP!
    ELITE FOUR SIDNEY sent out SHIFTRY!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SHIFTRY fainted!
    MIN defeated ELITE FOUR SIDNEY!

ELITE FOUR PHOEBE would like to battle!
    ELITE FOUR PHOEBE sent out DUSCLOPS!
    Go! GIRAFARIG!
    GIRAFARIG used SHADOW BALL!
    It's super effective!
    Foe DUSCLOPS seems to be at 50% HP!
    Foe DUSCLOPS's SP.DEF fell!
    Foe DUSCLOPS used CONFUSE RAY!
    GIRAFARIG became confused!
    MIN used YELLOW FLUTE!
    GIRAFARIG snapped out of its confusion.
    Foe DUSCLOPS used FUTURE SIGHT!
    Foe DUSCLOPS foresaw an attack!
    It's super effective!
    Foe DUSCLOPS fainted!
    ELITE FOUR PHOEBE sent out BANETTE!
    It's super effective!
    Foe BANETTE seems to be at 10% HP!
    Foe BANETTE used FAINT ATTACK!
    It's super effective!
    GIRAFARIG is at 65% HP!
    GIRAFARIG took FUTURE SIGHT's attack!
    GIRAFARIG is at 48% HP!
    ELITE FOUR PHOEBE used FULL RESTORE!
    Foe BANETTE is at 100% HP!
    It's super effective!
    Foe BANETTE seems to be at 20% HP!
    Foe BANETTE's SP.DEF fell!
    GIRAFARIG used PSYBEAM!
    Foe BANETTE fainted!
    ELITE FOUR PHOEBE sent out SABLEYE!
    Foe SABLEYE seems to be at 65% HP!
    Foe SABLEYE used FAINT ATTACK!
    It's super effective!
    GIRAFARIG is at 8% HP!
    MIN used HYPER POTION!
    GIRAFARIG is at 100% HP!
    It's super effective!
    GIRAFARIG is at 57% HP!
    Foe SABLEYE seems to be at 20% HP!
    It's super effective!
    GIRAFARIG is at 13% HP!
    Foe SABLEYE fainted!
    ELITE FOUR PHOEBE sent out BANETTE!
    MIN used HYPER POTION!
    GIRAFARIG is at 100% HP!
    Foe BANETTE used PSYCHIC!
    It's not very effective...
    GIRAFARIG is at 86% HP!
    It's super effective!
    Foe BANETTE seems to be at 20% HP!
    Foe BANETTE used TOXIC!
    GIRAFARIG is badly poisoned!
    GIRAFARIG is hurt by poison!
    GIRAFARIG is at 80% HP!
    ELITE FOUR PHOEBE used FULL RESTORE!
    Foe BANETTE is at 100% HP!
    GIRAFARIG used PSYBEAM!
    Foe BANETTE seems to be at 45% HP!
    Foe BANETTE became confused!
    GIRAFARIG is at 68% HP!
    GIRAFARIG used PSYBEAM!
    Foe BANETTE fainted!
    ELITE FOUR PHOEBE sent out DUSCLOPS!
    GIRAFARIG is at 50% HP!
    MIN used FULL RESTORE!
    GIRAFARIG is at 100% HP and no longer poisoned!
    Foe DUSCLOPS used EARTHQUAKE!
    GIRAFARIG is at 70% HP!
    It's super effective!
    Foe DUSCLOPS seems to be at 50% HP!
    Foe DUSCLOPS used CONFUSE RAY!
    GIRAFARIG became confused!
    MIN used YELLOW FLUTE!
    GIRAFARIG snapped out of its confusion.
    Foe DUSCLOPS used EARTHQUAKE!
    GIRAFARIG is at 39% HP!
    It's super effective!
    Foe DUSCLOPS fainted!
    GIRAFARIG grew to level 51!
    MIN defeated ELITE FOUR PHOEBE!

(I used two Super Potions to fully heal Girafarig before moving on.)

ELITE FOUR GLACIA would like to battle!
    ELITE FOUR GLACIA sent out GLALIE!
    Go! MEDICHAM! (This POKéMON is at 94% HP)
    It's super effective!
    Foe GLALIE fainted!
    ELITE FOUR GLACIA sent out GLALIE!
    It's super effective!
    Foe GLALIE fainted!
    MEDICHAM grew to level 52!
    ELITE FOUR GLACIA sent out SEALEO!
    Go! GARDEVOIR!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SEALEO seems to be at 5% HP!
    Foe SEALEO used HAIL!
    It started to hail!
    Hail continues to fall.
    GARDEVOIR is stricken by HAIL!
    GARDEVOIR is at 94% HP!
    ELITE FOUR GLACIA used FULL RESTORE!
    Foe SEALEO is at 100% HP!
    GARDEVOIR used PSYCHIC!
    Foe SEALEO seems to be at 45% HP!
    Hail continues to fall.
    GARDEVOIR is at 88% HP!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SEALEO fainted!
    ELITE FOUR GLACIA sent out SEALEO!
    Hail continues to fall.
    GARDEVOIR is at 82% HP!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SEALEO seems to be at 5% HP!
    Foe SEALEO used BLIZZARD!
    Foe SEALEO's attack missed!
    Hail continues to fall.
    GARDEVOIR is at 76% HP!
    ELITE FOUR GLACIA used FULL RESTORE!
    Foe SEALEO is at 100% HP!
    GARDEVOIR used PSYCHIC!
    Foe SEALEO seems to be at 45% HP!
    The hail stopped.
    GARDEVOIR used PSYCHIC!
    Foe SEALEO fainted!
    ELITE FOUR GLACIA sent out WALREIN!
    It's super effective!
    Foe WALREIN seems to be at 35% HP!
    Foe WALREIN's paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
    Foe WALREIN is paralyzed! It can't move!
    Foe WALREIN's SITRUS BERRY restored health!
    Foe WALREIN seems to be at 50% HP!
    A critical hit!
    It's super effective!
    Foe WALREIN fainted!
    MIN defeated ELITE FOUR GLACIA!

(I used a Super Potion to fully heal Gardevoir before moving on.)

ELITE FOUR DRAKE would like to battle!
    ELITE FOUR DRAKE sent out SHELGON!
    Go! STARMIE!
    STARMIE used ICE BEAM!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SHELGON fainted!
    ELITE FOUR DRAKE sent out FLYGON!
    STARMIE used ICE BEAM!
    It's super effective!
    Foe FLYGON fainted!
    ELITE FOUR DRAKE sent out SALAMENCE!
    Foe SALAMENCE's INTIMIDATE cuts STARMIE's ATTACK!
    STARMIE used ICE BEAM!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SALAMENCE fainted!
    ELITE FOUR DRAKE sent out ALTARIA!
    STARMIE used ICE BEAM!
    It's super effective!
    Foe ALTARIA fainted!
    STARMIE grew to level 51!
    ELITE FOUR DRAKE sent out FLYGON!
    STARMIE used ICE BEAM!
    It's super effective!
    Foe FLYGON fainted!

Girafarig's performance had been less than stellar, but overall I'd done pretty well here. Feeling brave, I switched Gardevoir into the lead and marched up the final staircase.

CHAMPION STEVEN would like to battle!
    CHAMPION STEVEN sent out SKARMORY!
    Go! GARDEVOIR!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SKARMORY seems to be at 10% HP!
    Foe SKARMORY's paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
    Foe SKARMORY is paralyzed! It can't move!
    CHAMPION STEVEN used FULL RESTORE!
    Foe SKARMORY is at 100% HP and no longer paralyzed!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SKARMORY seems to be at 10% HP!
    Foe SKARMORY's paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
    It's super effective!
    Foe SKARMORY fainted!
    GARDEVOIR grew to level 51!
    (GARDEVOIR did not learn HYPNOSIS.)
    CHAMPION STEVEN sent out CRADILY!
    Go! MEDICHAM! (This POKéMON is at 94% HP)
    It's super effective!
    Foe CRADILY seems to be at 1% HP!
    Foe CRADILY used CONFUSE RAY!
    MEDICHAM became confused!
    MIN used YELLOW FLUTE!
    MEDICHAM snapped out of its confusion.
    Foe CRADILY used SLUDGE BOMB!
    MEDICHAM is at 57% HP!
    MEDICHAM used CONFUSION!
    A critical hit!
    Foe CRADILY fainted!
    CHAMPION STEVEN sent out ARMALDO!
    Go! STARMIE!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    It's super effective!
    Foe ARMALDO fainted!
    CHAMPION STEVEN sent out AGGRON!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    It's super effective!
    Foe AGGRON fainted!
    CHAMPION STEVEN sent out CLAYDOL!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    It's super effective!
    Foe CLAYDOL seems to be at 2% HP!
    Foe CLAYDOL used LIGHT SCREEN!
    Foe's LIGHT SCREEN raised SP.DEF!
    Foe CLAYDOL is at 100% HP!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    It's super effective!
    Foe CLAYDOL seems to be at 60% HP!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    It's super effective!
    Foe CLAYDOL seems to be at 5% HP!
    Foe CLAYDOL used EARTHQUAKE!
    STARMIE is at 60% HP!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    It's super effective!
    Foe CLAYDOL seems to be at 60% HP!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    It's super effective!
    Foe CLAYDOL seems to be at 5% HP!
    Foe CLAYDOL used EARTHQUAKE!
    STARMIE is at 23% HP!
    Foe's LIGHT SCREEN wore off!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    It's super effective!
    Foe CLAYDOL seems to be at 2% HP!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    It's super effective!
    Foe CLAYDOL fainted!
    STARMIE grew to level 52!
    CHAMPION STEVEN sent out METAGROSS!
    MIN used HYPER POTION!
    STARMIE is at 100% HP!
    Foe METAGROSS used EARTHQUAKE!
    STARMIE is at 48% HP!
    STARMIE used CONFUSE RAY!
    Foe METAGROSS became confused!
    Foe METAGROSS is confused!
    It hurt itself in its confusion!
    Foe METAGROSS seems to be at 90% HP!
    STARMIE used SURF!
    Foe METAGROSS seems to be at 45% HP!
    Foe METAGROSS snapped out of confusion!
    Foe METAGROSS used EARTHQUAKE!
    STARMIE fainted!
    Go! GARDEVOIR!
    Foe METAGROSS's SITRUS BERRY restored health!
    Foe METAGROSS seems to be at 67% HP!
    Foe METAGROSS seems to be at 33% HP!
    Foe METAGROSS's paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
    Foe METAGROSS used METEOR MASH!
    GARDEVOIR is at 17% HP!
    Foe METAGROSS's ATTACK rose!
    A critical hit!
    Foe METAGROSS fainted!
    MIN defeated CHAMPION STEVEN!

—COMPLETE!—

Final Team:

Gardevoir L51
    My senior battler. Came through splendidly.

Girafarig L51
    Anti-Ghost Personnel. It wasn't great at its job, but it did what it needed to.

Starmie L52
    The nigh-legendary Special turret. Did beautifully right up until Metagross.

Medicham L52
    My bodyguard against Dark-types. And Steel-types, and Ice-types, and anything else allergic to Brick Break.

Tropius L25
    Min's next goal in life: teach Tropius how to make Julienne Fries.

Mudkip L14
    Dive, Dig, Waterfall, Strength
    Yet another case of the one-foot-tall pokémon carrying me all over creation.

Next: What does a MTC Champion do after clearing another one? Move on to the next, of course! Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Poryhedron; 24th August 2007 at 02:58 AM.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

OK, I like to be original and try new things, so I'm gonna complete an uncompleted MTC here...

Unsuccessful RSE Monotype Challenges thus far:

-Fire
    -Ice
    -Electric
    -Poison
    -Fighting
    -Dragon
    -Steel

They're all impossible for me, as I have no Gameshark. I need about 6-8 Badges for Ice- and Dragon-types (Spheal and Bagon, damn Waterfall-needing little prick... ), 2 for Electric-types (Electrike), and 1 for Steel-types (Makuhita and Aron). That leaves me to a Fire or Fighting Monotype by starting with Torchic, who I've always used on Ruby. Fire is boring due to the majority lack of options, and I already did Fighting in the FR/LG MTC. So... That just leaves Poison.
    And thanks to THIS...

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Master
    EDIT: Now that I think about it, neither Trapinch or Swablu are dragons per se, they need to evolve to be dragons... so is it ok to use them, or do I have to start with a pure Dragon type? in that case, I'll have to choose between Dratini and Bagon :p
    As I see it, those are the same rules as the other Monotype I've seen. This means that as long as the final Evolution belongs to the Type you want to use, it's OK to use it as long as you evolve it. So, there's no problem on using Swablu/Trapinch.

...I can do just that. Here we go...

Name: Laura
    Type: Poison
    Reason: Already explained; if anyone can guess why I'm playing as a girl and chose the name Laura, they get a free box of hand grenades.
    Progress:

OK, after getting over the initial shock of driving through trees, thick grass, rocky ledges, and whatever else counts as a 'street' in this game in the back of a moving van, I went and saved Professor Birch's sorry ass from teh P00chy3en4 0f D34T L0LOMGWTFBBQ, acquiring a Mudkip in the process.

I took the mandatory route up to Oldale Town, stocked up on Potions at the Poke Mart, and went up to Route 103, where my idiot Rival was busy staring at a tree trunk. After I interrupted him, he attacked me in a blind rage, and thus his Treecko was thoroughly PWNED by my Mudkip.

After he recalled his fallen wussy Pokemon, he ran crying back to Birch's lab; I followed him, and Birch rewarded me for subduing the little punk with a Pokedex and a Poke Ball, which magically turned into FIVE Poke Balls in my backpack!

After leaving the lab and getting the Running Shoes from Mom, I booked it up Route 101 and through Oldale Town, wandering around Route 102's first patch of grass until I found a LV4 Wurmple. I caught her, named her Tippi, and used her l33t Buxx0rs sk1lls to bag me a Zigzagoon, who Pickup-ed me a Super Potion, an Oran Berry, and a Full Restore while my Wurmple snacked on Zigzagoon, Seedot, Poochyena, and other Wurmple until she hit LV7 and evolved into... Silcoon!? F%#$CK!!!

OK, I reset and tried again, this time snagging a LV3 Wurmple (I named him Buzzer.) and letting the little punk get KO-ed until I was *sure* he hated me. From there, I leveled him up until he hit LV7 and evolved, this time into a Cascoon! W00t!

So now, after over 2:30 into the game, I have yet to battle a single Route 102 Trainer... Here's to hoping my luck gets better from here on out...

Current Team

Buzzer, LV7 Cascoon(M)
    -Tackle
    -String Shot
    -Poison Sting
    -Harden
    My star battler until I catch a Tentacool and/or Zubat. Future anti-Psychic personnel.

Francis, LV6 Mudkip(M)
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Mud-Slap
    -?????
    HM-er #1.

Bandit, LV3 Zigzagoon(F)
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -?????
    -?????
    HM-er #2; the quilted, quicker Picker-upper.

More to come...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Veteran Trainer

Damn, you guys move slow... And yes, Poryhedron, that includes you because you're usually so damn quick. Now, it's coming back to haunt you.

Update:

Name:
    Laura
    Reason: Already explained; if anyone can guess why I'm playing as a girl and chose the name Laura, they still get a free box of hand grenades...!
    Progress:

It's only been five days... It feels like so much longer, considering the progress I've made... Anyway, here's how things have been going.

By the time I cleared out all the Route 102 Trainers, Buzzer had evolved into a Dustox and learned the attack that would bring Roxanne down. But that would be later: First, I had to escort Wally out to get himself a Pokemon. He caught himself a Mew out on Route 102, which I profoundly objected to. He insisted it was a Ralts though, to the point where he was screaming hysterically at me that it was a Ralts and thrusting it at my face like a big pink sword. Uneasily, I just agreed with the kid, who promptly ran off to God-knows-where, while I went off exploring.

After awhile, I'd cleared out Route 104, the Petalburg Woods, and everything else in and around Rustboro City, including the double battling twins on the bridge just before Rustboro. After clobbering the last Trainer on Route 116, I headed for Rustboro Gym.

The two Gym Trainers were pansies, as always - the first one I could understand, but the second one was at LV11: It KNEW Rock Throw, yet instead continuously used Harden while I Confusioned it to death.

Then came Roxanne herself. Her Geodude went down easily, but Nosepass could take a lot of hits. I had to resort to Poisoning it with Poisn Sting and Protecting myself until it was weak enough for Confusion to take down. Stone Badge for me.

After that, I beat the Hell out of that Team Magma idiot and recovered his 'useless' hostage Pokemon (Why didn't he just threaten to hurt/kill it if I didn't let him out of the tunnel and escape if it was a hostage...?) and some junk I was supposed to deliver (Yeah, right.), sailed to Dewford, and got me an Old Rod. I immediately fished up a Tentacool (without Clear Body, of course -_-''') and began leveling her up. Her name's Aquala, BTW, and her Poison Sting + Supersonic combo cleared most of Dewford Gym, with some bait-and-switching with Buzzer to take Brawly's wusses down. Knuckle Badge for me.

After that, I went to leave, but I had to deliver a Letter I'd gotten. So, off to Granite Cave and... Wait, what? Screw that - that Hiker just inside the cave likes to help people so much? Fine - I gave the Letter to him to deliver instead. I'm not the mailman.

After 'completing' my task, I went to talk to old man Briney, who ferried me to Slateport beach, where I proceeded to sic my poisonous monsters on helpless children and a seasick Sailor. By that time, I was tired from all my... hard work, so I went to the Seashore House and got in line for a Soda Pop... But, of course, the line didn't move, so I had Aquala beat the crap out of everyone there including the clerk. With him unconscious, I snagged a six-pack and left before the cops could catch me. I quickly made my way to my hideout: the labyrinthine confines of Slateport City...

I saved here, about 7 hours in and awash in cash thanks to my Revive-, Super Potion-, Ultra Ball, and Nugget-grabbing Zigzagoon... This 'coon's got some impressive lockpicking skills... Next time... stuff happens. Wait and see.

Current Pokemon

Buzzer, LV20 Dustox(M)
    -Gust
    -Protect
    -Flash
    -Confusion
    The point of the sword, if you will. Enjoys beating the Hell out of everything in sight and will soon snack upon Psychic Pokemon everywhere.

Aquala, LV15 Tentacool(F)
    -Poison Sting
    -Supersonic
    -Constrict
    -?????
    My future Special Attacker, she's gonna need some major support until she learns some better moves. Still, Poison+Confusion is a potent combination.

Francis, LV6 Mudkip(M)
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Mud-Slap
    -?????
    HM-er #1.

Bandit, LV3 Zigzagoon(F)
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Cut
    -?????

More to come...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Lots of goings-on this week... Let's see what's on tap for today.

Update:

Reason: Already explained; you guys are running out of time to get that box of free hand grenades...
    Badges: 2
    Progress:

OK, so the cops were hot on my tail in Slateport City, where I stumbled through the market place before they finally cornered me. I thought I was a goner... But then, the cops were all called off - it seemed Team Magma was raising a ruckus at the Slateport Museum! Never one to miss a party, I went to check it out...

The thug I beat the Hell out of to rescue Briney's Wingull was the first one I saw; I threw the Devon Goods package at him, which promptly made a most satisfying CRUNCHing noise when it hit the back of his head. He spun around, furious, but he peed himself when he saw it was me; he promptly ran off, leaving me to deal with the rest of the Team. Bam, bam, bam, they went down, Maxie came by to annoy me with his BS about helping the world, then they split. I gave Captain Stern his broken package, then left.

Before leaving Slateport, I stopped by the Name Rater's House and changed Buzzer's name to Buttcheeks. Anyone who gets the reference wins P$1,000,000.

After leaving Slateport, I proceeded to kill knock out every Pokemon and Trainer in the Trick House and in between Slateport and Mauville, eventually getting there and snagging me a Bike, a Coin Case, and running into... Wally. Great...

After crushing the kid's dreams in front of his uncle, he promptly ran off crying back to Verdanturf, granting me access to Mauville's Gym.

Inside, everything fell to my Dustox's Confusion, and every Magnemite in sight was blown away by Aquala's Bubblebeam, which is what inevitable took down Wattson's Magneton. Dynamo Badge for me.

After leaving Mauville, I cleared the road between it and Verdanturf, explored the Rusturf Tunnel, and snagged me a Strength HM by some lovesick karate guy who'd been 'digging' through the tunnel.

Anyway, backtracking, I headed up Route 111, avoiding the Winstrates for now and following the Fiery Pass, scouring it until I finished my team: I caught a Koffing(F), whom I named Loonia, and a Grimer(F), whom I named Dora. After heading back and healing in Mauville, I aced the Winstrates' challenge and then plowing back through the Fiery Path and Route 112, bypassing Mt. Chimney and eventually reaching the rest house just south of Route 113. I stopped there to recharge my batteries, all the while getting pestered by some old woman to get out of her house. Eventually, Loonia's Shock Wave took her down, so I could rest in peace. And so could she, heh heh...

After that, I blew through Route 113 and Fallarbor Town, getting a Dig TM in the process. I cleared out Route 114 next, eventually reaching Meteor Falls and watching Maxie and Archie beat the Hell out of each other like Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots (They're even red and blue! XD). After they left, I talked to Prof. Cozmo, who stuttered and whined until I had to have Dora Pound him into submission.

After that, I left Meteor Falls and headed down to Route 115, saving just outside the mountain, before I battled anybody. I'll circle back around Rustboro and Verdanturf to Mauville, clear the Cycle Path and the Trick House again, and then head back to Mt. Chimney and see what's going on there.

Current Pokemon

Buttcheeks, LV27 Dustox(M)
    -Gust
    -Whirlwind
    -Flash
    -Psybeam
    The point of the sword, if you will. Enjoys beating the Hell out of everything in sight and will soon snack upon Psychic Pokemon everywhere.

Aquala, LV27 Tentacool(F)
    -Poison Sting
    -Supersonic
    -Bubblebeam
    -Acid
    Future Special Attacker #1 and anti-Ground personnel, she's getting stronger, but she still needs to level up a bit further until she can really hold her own.

Loonia, LV23 Koffing(F)
    -Selfdestruct
    -Tackle
    -Sludge
    -Shock Wave
    Future Special Attacker #2 and anti-Steel personnel, she'll be a force to be reckoned with once I get that Flamethrower TM.

Dora, LV20 Grimer(F)
    -Dig
    -Minimize
    -Disable
    -Sludge
    Future Physical Attacker and anti-Poison personnel, this gal is gonna be a beast once she levels up and I get her an Earthquake TM.

Francis, LV6 Mudkip(M)
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Mud-Slap
    -Strength
    HM-er #1.

Bandit, LV3 Zigzagoon(F)
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Cut
    -Rock Smash

More to come...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

XD@ Rock em Sock em robots

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer

Well, at least someone's getting a kick out of all this... Time for a big-ass update.

Update:

Reason: You punks want those hand grenades or not?
    Badges: 3
    Progress:

OK, so I cleared Route 115, circle back around Rustboro and Verdanturf to Mauville, cleared the Cycle Path and the Trick House again, and then headed to Mt. Chimney. There, Team Magma and Team Aqua were busy competing for control of the mountain by seeing whose Poochyena could run in place the fastest. While the grunts messed around, I went up to find the boss, Maxie. He, Maxie, was rather unimpressed by my battle prowess, so I just said f**k it and kicked him into the volcano. With him thoroughly PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I reclaimed Professor Utonium's Chemical X so he could resume his research of building armies of space Powerpuffs to take over the world, yadayadayada.

From there, I swept through Lavaridge, cleared out every Trainer, and had my Tentacool hose down Flannery and her f**king Torkoal of annoyance. Heat Badge for me.

After that, I got the Go-Goggles from what's-his-face outside the Gym; I used the magic invisible glasses to clear the Trainers in and around the desert, grab a Lileep Fossil just for kicks, and pick up some hidden treasure. From there, I descended back to Mauville and sold off everything I'd found, won, earned, or Picked Up along the way, finally getting me enough money for a TM at the Game Corner. I chose TM13, taught it to Aquala, and then, after beating the Trick House AGAIN, backtracked through Rusturf Tunnel and made my way to Petalburg again.

Now, all screwing around aside, the Petalburg Gym was way harder than I remembered... Just getting past the two Delcatty Trainers was tough enough... The Linoones were OK, and the Zangooses provided an offensive challenge... But then came Norman...

After a good 10 trial runs (I'm not kidding.), I finally managed to defeat him using a complex strategy: First, I had Buttcheeks Flash his Slaking to the point that the big lummox couldn't land a single hit outside Faint Attack; once it was helpless, I Psybeamed it over and over, until its health was just below the halfway mark; from there, I gave it a free turn to attack, switched in Loonia while Truant was in effect, and then... Boom. Selfdestruct, and Slaking was down.

I sent out Dora next, who sponged up Vigoroth's hits while I Revived and healed my Koffing and Dustox; after Dora fell, I sent out Buttcheeks and Whirlwinded Norman's other Slaking in. Same process as before: Flash x1 or 2 million, Psybeam into the yellow, then Selfdestruct with Loonia. A good way to get my Dustox's level up too, might I add.

Last was Vigoroth. I landed a few Flashes before its Slash knocked out Buttcheeks; I sent in my Revived Grimer and Minimized and used Soda Pop until I was more or less untouchable; from there, it was all downhill. Vigoroth was Poisoned by a Sludge attack, and after Aquala managed to Confuse it with Supersonic, a stray Shock Wave from Loonia comboed with a backfired attack and Poison brought the insane monkey down. Balance Badge for me.

So, after leaving and collecting my Surf HM, I promptly scoured Routes 104 - 109, checking out what I could of the Abandoned Ship and my Tentacool evolving in the process. W00tage. I was pretty pissed when I found an Ice Beam TM in the Storage Room of the Ship, but it'd be good for money at least... I returned to the Trick House, got some useless piece of sh*t, and left for the Game Corner, where I spent my remaining money on Coins for a Flamethrower TM. I taught that to my Loonia, and then I went and talked to Wattson, who told me that I had to go shut off an unstable, dangerous generator a mile or so south of Mauville...

...Wait, run that by me again?

Anyway, I went there, did that, looted the place, and used a Voltorb as a bowling ball, then returned to Wattson and earned a Thunderbolt TM. Score! The old geezer came through for me! I taught Thunderbolt to Loonia; from there, I cleared out every other Trainer I could remember, then made a beeline up Routes 118 and 119.

After clearing out every Trainer, I tackled the Weather Institute... it didn't work so good. I got a headache. Shaking my blood-soaked head, I walked INSIDE it instead...

ZOMG, it's Team Magma!!!1!!1!!!111!!!11 Maxie was evidently still crispy, so he just left a few goons for me to get EXP and cash from. After dispatching the last one, I not only won a Castform (In the box with ya, ya little freak!), but my Koffing finally evolved, too. Sweet!

I cleared the remainder of Route 119 and reached Fortree City, where I chilled for a bit, avoiding the invisible Pokemon blocking every other building, then heading down Route 120. I cleared every Trainer up to Steven, took his Devon Scope, and knocked him in the river, where he may have drowned. Who cares: It makes my job easier in the long run.

So, after kicking the sh*t out of every Kecleon in sight; by the time I reached Fortree Gym, the Kecleon there was so terrified that it just bolted. Aquala hunted it down, though... Heh heh heh heh heh...

In the Gym itself, I beat the Trainers easily enough, and after Norman, Winona was a cinch: Her Swellow and Altaria fell to Aquala's Ice Beam, and her Skarmory and Pelipper fell to Loonia's Flamethrower and Thunderbolt (respectively). Feather Badge for me.

With nothing to do on the train ride home, I busted the DS out for some more gaming; I scoured Routes 120 and saved at the entrance to Route 121, having cleared all Route 120's trainers, including that creepy, quiet pedophile who has to insert 400 periods at the start of each of his stoned, incoherent sentences.

Next time, I'll try and find a Tropius so I can continue on with the game... After Norman, Liza's and Tate's Gym is probably gonna be the toughest in Hoenn for me...

Current Pokemon

Buttcheeks, LV36 Dustox(M)
    -Silver Wind
    -Light Screen
    -Flash
    -Psybeam
    The former point of the sword, this once-proud battler has been downgraded to annoyance and anti-Psychic duty. Once I have the Move Deleter take Flash off him, he'll have been officially dethroned as head of the team.

Aquala, LV36 Tentacruel(F)
    -Ice Beam
    -Supersonic
    -Surf
    -Acid
    Special Attacker #1; anti-Ground battler.

Loonia, LV36 Weezing(F)
    -Selfdestruct
    -Flamethrower
    -Sludge
    -Thunderbolt
    Special Attacker #2; anti-Steel personnel. Useful against Ground-types as well thanks to Levitate.

Dora, LV37 Grimer(F)
    -Dig
    -Minimize
    -Screech
    -Sludge
    Physical Attacker and anti-Poison personnel, this gal is gonna be a beast once she evolves and I get her an Earthquake TM.

Francis, LV6 Mudkip(M)
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Mud-Slap
    -Strength
    HM-er #1.

Bandit, LV3 Zigzagoon(F)
    -Tackle
    -Tail Whip
    -Cut
    -Rock Smash
    HM-er #2 and the quilted, quicker Picker-upper; leveled up because of a Magma Grunt's Poochyena forcing her into battle with Roar... and then right out with Roar in exchange for Loonia, who Thunderbolted the mutt into oblivion. Go figure. o.O;;

More to come...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Very interesting to read indeed. Nice norman strategy, I always like when one goes indepth about a MTC. Luts of luv frum mi.

Veteran Trainer

Updating sucks. But the more you put it off, the longer it becomes. Ain't that a bitch?

Update:

Reason: Last chance on the grenades, bitches.
    Badges: 6
    Progress:

OK, I circumnavigated Routes 121 through 123, gaining EXP and catching my Tropius (Codename: Parakoopa), and then I went back to Mt. Pyre and did the same until my Grimer finally evolved. At the summit, I met Maxie, who was about as red in the face as his suit was. Guess bathing in liquid rock isn't too good for the complexion... Maxie then proceeded to steal the Blue Orb, said to control Groudon (Wait, why the fuck would a BLUE Orb control a RED Pokemon?), and then escape with his goons while I just stood there and watched like an asshole. Go, me.

Anyway, since Maxie then proclaimed his escape to SLATEPORT and then fled with his goons, I was left a little... Well... screwed. Wherever would I find them after they escaped to SLATEPORT? While I pondered this, some creepy old woman came up and handed me the Red Orb, saying I had to go chase Maxie to SLATEPORT and get the other Dragonba-... um, I mean, Orb, back.

OK, fine, whatever. After searching all across Hoenn, I finally discovered Maxie in... WTF? SLATEPORT? That can't be right... Whatever, I'll fix it later. Anyway, I found Maxie at the Slateport Harbor, where he'd tied up Capt. Stern, Ty and Gabby, a few random by-standers, and... Al Roker?

Laughing like a maniac, Maxie then proceeded to steal Capt. Stern's submarine and take off. "To Route 128!" he exclaimed. Seriously, this guy needs to learn how to keep his fucking mouth shut if he doesn't want me to bother him so damn much.

OK, I bolted from Slateport, leaving Al Roker behind, and Flew to... ugh... Lilycove City, where I'd briefly stopped on the way around Route 121 so I wouldn't have to hike there again. Once there, I sold off a bunch of random shit I'd found, stocked up on supplies, and tackled the Lilycove Gym of Psychics.

Now, in all honesty, this Gym really wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated - the Trainers were all too stupid to use Psychic more than a couple of times in total, and my Pokemon were at a high enough level that their attacks usually brought my enemies down in one hit. Plus, I'd taught Loonia the Shadow Ball TM I found at Mt. Pyre by then, which made sweeping the Gym even easier. Honestly, before the Leader(s), the biggest challenge I faced was just getting the damn floor to operate!

Anyway, I finally made it to Liza and Tate; I faced their Solrock and Lunatone with my Weezing and Dustox. Shadow Balled one and Toxicked the other, reversed the pattern, then switched out my by-then-KO-ed-from-Psychic Weezing in favor of Aquala, and Surfed them both down. Mind Badge for me.

With that done, I took to the sea like a merciless tide, sweeping every Trainer from Routes 124 to 125, Mossdeep City, down to Route 126 and around and in Sootopolis, and through Routes 127 and Route 128, where the not-at-all-conpicious ring of shallow water led me to Dive down to the cave the Magmas had set up camp in. I beat the few Grunts that hadn't gotten lost, solved the boulder puzzles, and eventually made me way to an undersea volcano; at its core sat the Continent Pokemon itself: the Legendary Groudon.

Before I could do anything, though, Maxie busted in. He'd have been there first thanks to his head-start, but the dumb bastard got lost in the caves... Right...

Anyway, I clobbered him, and in a rage, he threw the Blue Orb at Groudon, causing it to wake up and go on a rampage in Sootopolis City, a la Godzilla. Maxie and I rushed out the cave, where Archie and Steven (Shit, he didn't drown...) were waiting, bemoaning the end of the world. As soon as Maxie and Archie saw each other, they resumed their Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot fighting, while Steven and I took off for Sootopolis. Dead bodies and remnants of buildings lay everywhere, except for the Gym, which was intact. Sweet.

Before I could go there, though, Wallace forced me into the Cave of Origin at gunpoint; with no choice, I went down to fight Groudon... I threw the Red Orb at it, instantly killing it. Wow, that was easy.

OK, the Apocalypse had been averted, and- Wait, WHAT?! After all that, I wasn't given my Gym Badge for anything?! I fought GROUDON for fuck's sake!!!

OK, I swept the Gym, beating every Trainer in a row and then using Loonia's Thunderbolt, Aquala's Ice Beam, and Dora's Brick Break to wipe out Wallace's girly team. Triforce... uh, I mean, Rain Badge, for me. Yeah, Rain Badge. >>'

From there, I was set. I had every last HM, every Badge, and a full team. I backtracked everywhere I hadn't priorly completed or been able to access: Meteor Falls' lower floors, the Abandoned Ship's depths, Route 118, Routes 129 through 131, Pacifidlog Town, Routes 132 to 134, and the Trick House again. I racked up tons of cash and EXP, gave my Pokemon a few new moves (and an old one or two), and stacked the odds in my favor for Victory Road. I Flew to Evergrande City, entered Victory Road, and barreled my way through, exploring every last nook and cranny, grabbing every item (including the Psychic TM for Buttcheeks that I'd been looking EVERYWHERE for), and defeating every Trainer.

On my way out, though, who of all people showed up? None other than Wally, who seemed to want a rematch... Fine by me. More EXP for me.

Well, what can I say? His Altaria fell to Aquala's Ice Beam, his Delcatty fell to Dora's Brick Break, and his Roselia, Magneton, and Gardevoir all fell to Loonia's Flamethrower and Shadow Ball. He only got one Psychic in before he was done.

With his spirit crushed (again), I left Victory Road (HALLELUIAH!!!) and entered the Pokemon League. I healed up, sold-and-stocked big time on Hyper Potions, Full Restores, and Revives. With my team healed and at the ready, I entered the first chamber of the Elite Four...

Current Pokemon

Buttcheeks, LV48 Dustox(M)
    -Silver Wind
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Psychic
    The team Poisoner and Psychicker. Mostly unnecessary now, but still useful in tight spots thanks to Protect.

Aquala, LV47 Tentacruel(F)
    -Ice Beam
    -Rain Dance
    -Water Pulse
    -Surf
    Special Attacker #1; anti-Ground and anti-Dragon are her primary jobs.

Loonia, LV49 Weezing(F)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Explosion
    -Thunder
    Special Attacker #2; anti-Steel personnel and anti-Ground are her main duties, but her wide range of attack coverage also helps make her arguably my most useful Pokemon.

Dora, LV48 Muk(F)
    -Dig
    -Brick Break
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Hyper Beam
    Physical Attacker and anti-Poison personnel, I'm pissed that she couldn't learn Earthquake, but her current set-up is good enough - we're almost done anyway...

Francis, LV6 Mudkip(M)
    -Tackle
    -Dive
    -Waterfall
    -Strength
    HM-er #1.

Parakoopa, LV25 Tropius(M)
    -Cut
    -Fly
    -Flash
    -Rock Smash
    HM-er #3.

Stay tuned for the finale, coming soon!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Muk no E-quake :nickers:: I was wondering when you'd have that bestowed upon your noggan.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Veteran Trainer

(makes a fist)

How would you like to have THIS bestowed on YOUR noggin, bitch?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Master Trainer

Once there, I sold off a bunch of random shit I'd found, stocked up on supplies, and tackled the Lilycove Gym of Psychics.
    It's actually mossdeep, and you have 8 instead of 6 badges Just nitpicking.

Nice update, and it's crappy for yourself to update, but I like to read it, although there will only be 1 update left probably.

Muk does get Focuspunch ^^

Veteran Trainer

Oh, THAT'S useful. >_>

And I had 6 Badges at the START of the update. Not the end. Hence why 'Badges' is listed before 'Update,' not after. Got it? No? Good.

And I meant LILYCOVE. That's where Tate and Liza have their Gym. Mossdeep had a whole bunch of other useless crap, like Steven's house, a Contest Hall, a Department Store, and the Hoenn Space Station. Whatever THAT'S for...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

>> No.... you meant Mossdeep >>..Unless yer playing some crazy version of this game where Tate and Liza somehow moved their Gym over to Lilycove. IO should know, I had many an issue with Mossdeep and the stupid Shoal Cave.

And hey NO THREATS TO THE REF >O! I'll smack your face so hard it'll become your back >O!

Entertaining quotes!

Do I know how to throw a punch Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Lol.

Lilycove: Port, Departement Store, Contest Hall, Aqua/Magma hideout.
    Mossdeep: Space Center, Shoal Cave, Steven's House, Gym.
    Cooking is a gift from the gods.
    Spices are a gift from the devil.
    Looks like it became a little too spicy for you.
    ~Sanji, after beating Jyabura at Enies Lobby(One Piece)

Veteran Trainer

OK, whatever. Not my fault Gamefreak decided to put two big-ass cities right next to each other in the games. -_-;;;

And Darkly, you ain't a ref here. So bite me. XP

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Half of this damn thing was lost. Here's the Abridged version:

"THE END HAS COME!!!"

Update:

Reason: Toxicity's name is Laura. Get it?
    Badges: 8
    Progress:

OK, I lost to Steven about forty times before I gave up and let him beat me. From there, I bount P$100,000 of Max Potions, Full Heals, Full Restores, and Revives. That's about 70 altogether. With my team set and my HM-ers in the PC where they belong, I took on the Elite Four...

Sidney
    Brick Break from Dora! Kill teh Mightyena and teh Absol! Ice Beam from Aquala pwnz0rs teh Grass Pogeymonz!!!1!!11 Sharkpedo get Thnuder LOLZ Sidney died rofl!!!111!1

Phoebe
    Shadow Ball of death from Loonia! Kill teh evil Ghosties LMFAO!!!!111oneoneelevenonewon!!

Glacia
    glacias not evn a reel naem roflcopter! brick braek and teh special W33zing killz0rs teh Ice Pokeys!!!111111!!!

Drake
    ICE BEAM FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven
    OK, no more screwing around. Steven was the final test, and I was ready for him.

My Weezing led off and Flamethrowered his Skarmory to death in two shots, and Aquala came out next, her Surf scoring a Critical that washed away both Claydol and Aggron. Then came Metagross. I tried Destiny Bond, but Meta was too fast, so I had Aquala Surf until its HP was at about 23% and its Sitrus Berry was gone; after that (which took a lot of healing and rotating), a single Surf brought the monster down. It was over. Ice Beam killed Cradily, and Destiny Bond actually came through in a twist of fate and brought down Armaldo. I'd won...

I got my Pokemon registered, but even after the credits ran, I wasn't done yet... I had one final task to do.

I withdrew my HM-ers in Oldale Town, then Flew to Pacifidlog and Surfed east, onto Route 131, until I reached the Sky Pillar. I ascended it easily, only running into a Claydol and a Mawile as I climbed, until I'd finally scaled the tower and stood face-to-snout with the Legendary Rayquaza. I unsheathed my Master Ball and hurled it at the beast, sealing its fate. Rayquaza was mine; to commemorate this final accomplishment, I gave Rayquaza a truly befitting name:

Timaeus.

Final Pokemon

Buttcheeks, LV49 Dustox(M)
    -Silver Wind
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Psychic
    An up-and-down Pokemon the whole game, but he did well; I couldn't ever have made it without him.

Aquala, LV51 Tentacruel(F)
    -Ice Beam
    -Rain Dance
    -Water Pulse
    -Surf
    The heart of the team, she served me well for so long... It was her that carried me to victory for so long mid-game.

Loonia, LV52 Weezing(F)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Flamethrower
    -Destiny Bond
    -Thunder
    The Swiss army knife of my team, she got me through most of the late game. The team would've never survived without her power.

Dora, LV51 Muk(F)
    -Dig
    -Brick Break
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Hyper Beam
    The tank... She helped me out of so many tight spots throughout the game. Even if she wasn't our best fighter, her immense HP and overall versatility made her a Pokemon no Poison team should be without - not even mine.

Francis, LV6 Mudkip(M)
    -Tackle
    -Dive
    -Waterfall
    -Strength
    HM-er #1, his Water-traversing skills got me through... the water. And now I finally have a Swampert candidate for Diamond! Yay! =D

Parakoopa, LV25 Tropius(M)
    -Cut
    -Fly
    -Flash
    -Rock Smash
    HM-er #3, the Flyer and land-mover... And a late arrival. Oh well. He did what he had to.

So, there you go... The Poison Monotype Challenge has ended.

But is a new one about to begin...?

Stay tuned and you may just find out...

~Blade

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

OK, bitches, the time has come for me to present my most outrageous challenge yet... No, it isn't a new Monotype Challenge just yet - I'm gonna try to do the whole thing at once. So, while I work on that, here's something to whet the appetites of all your curious types out there... Ahem...

(somber music starts playing; he starts talking in a gritty, movie announcer's voice)

"In a world where virtual cockfighting seems to dictate the fate of mankind..."

(image of Brendan being assaulted by the Pokemon Fan club)

"I'm more popular than Jesus...!"

"...One boy must have the courage..."

(image of Brendan clinging to CapnPlanet, looking absolutely horrified as they lift off from Fortree City)

"But I'm scared of heights!!!!!!!!!"

"...And the skill..."

(image of Brendan feeding Juggernaut Rare Candy after Rare Candy in front of the Dewford Gym)

"GameShark kicks ASS..."

"I think my intestines are ruptured..."

"Shut up and eat the magic candy, muthafuckah!"

"...To overcome the odds..."

(image of Steven Stone and his Metagross facing Brendan and Juggernaut in the Champion's chamber)

"You may have beaten me the last 724 times you played this game, but this time you don't stand a ghost of a chance..."

"What?! Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am. I'm the Juggernaut, BITCH!"

"...And defeat the forces of evil..."

(image of Maxie standing in front of an army of Team Magma Grunts, including generic Grunt #26)

"ALL YOUR GROUDON ARE BELONG TO US."

"Are we getting paid extra for this...?"

(turns to him)

"YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE - MAKE YOUR TIME."

(caps his ass)

"...In a virtual cockfight."

(there is the sound of a record scratching; the somber music is promptly replaced by a Lil' Jon's Get Low)

(image of Maxie and Brendan staring each other down from the top of Mt. Chimney)

"HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN?"

"Gentlemen? Muthafuckah, I'm the only one HERE!"

"HA HA HA HA."

"Muthafuckah, your cape's on fire."

"HA HA HA HA."

"Now yo' black ass is on fire, too."

"HA HA HA HA."

"Maxie, I think sumthin' wrong witcha..."

"This autumn..."

(image of The Pimp holding up a half-unconscious Farfetch'd's Stick like a sword)

"There can be only one, muthafuckah!"

"Daaa-aa-aamn, nigga stole my Stick..."

"...Prepare yourself for the Monotype Challenge of the century."

(image of Juggernaut staring at Ty and Gabby on TV, jaw wide open)

"What the fuck is this shit...!? They didn't get my good side!? But I'm the Goddamn Juggernaut, BITCH!

"...Starring Brendan..."

(image of Brendan staring in shock at Steven's Metagross)

"That's no Dodge - that's a spaceship!"

"...The Pimp..."

(image of a Zigzagoon using Pick Up in Petalburg City)

"I am a pimp, and I have come..."

(Tackles May and steals a Super Potion from her)

"...To collect my fee!"

"...CapnPlanet..."

(image of a Taillow flapping for all his worth, trying to escape the Route 111 Sandstorm)

"Get dow-oon! Hurry! Get to da choppah!"

"...Bitch..."

(image of a Treecko using Leaf Blade to slaughter a gang of Duskull that are attacking Brendan, The Pimp, and CapnPlanet on Mt. Pyre)

"Die, you evil undead freaks! BITCH-slap yo' sorry asses!"

"Damn, son, remind me never piss THAT bitch off..."

"...Steven Stone..."

(image of Steven, Wallace, and Brendan standing in front of the Cave of Origin as the Sun reaches critical levels)

"Don't worry, everybody. I have a plan."

"Does that plan involve collecting rare stones in any way?"

"Oooooookaaaay, I have another plan...!"

"...Juggernaut..."

(image of an Aron glaring up at Brendan in front of the Mauville Gym)

"Just remember, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch, so this is my MTC!"

"...May..."

(image of May staring at the tree on Route 103 at the very start of the game)

"Ooooh, tree-baby, no one must ever know of our forbidden love... Mmm, your wood is so hard..."

"...Professor Birch..."

(image of an old fat guy being chased by a pissed-off Poochyena on the outskirts of Littleroot Town)

Someone... (pant) Anyone... (pant) Help! (pant) I changed my mind! (pant) I don't want (pant) a cameo anymore! (pant)

(has a gun in his mouth; is shooting sideways at the professor)

Get back here, muthafuckuh! Gimme back my apple drink!"

"...Also starring Maxie as The Big Bad..."

(image of Capt. Stern's stolen sub being steered out of Slateport Harbor)

(inside the sub)

"MOVE ZIG. HA HA HA HA."

(also inside the sub)

"How'd we all fit in here...?"

"...YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE - MAKE YOUR TIME."

(caps a certain someone's ass)

"...And introducing Wally, as Sir Not Appearing In This MTC."

(image of Brendan leaving Victory Road, blood on his hands)

"...What? His scene got deleted. No, really, it got deleted. IT GOT DELETED.

"If you're only going to see one parody this year that revolves around virtual cockfighting..."

(image of Brendan and Juggernaut facing Maxie and Groudon)

"Juggernaut, we gotta win this battle. The fate of the world depends on-"

"Don't gimme that shit, bitch: I'm the Goddamn Juggernaut! I been waitin' for this shit all my muthafuckin' LIFE!"

"...Then make it this one."

(image of May and the tree again; Bitch is watching from a distance)

"Ooooooh, baby yessss... Give it to May..."

"Now this is MY kind of MTC...!"

"All your questions will be answered. Like, 'Who is Bitch really a ho' for?'"

(image of Bitch walking away from The Pimp and towards Rayquaza)

"There's only enough room in this MTC for one pimp, muthafuckuh - I'm-a pimp-smack yo' ass to death!"

"Not while I'm wearin' these Jamaican colors...! Your pimp-slap is powerless against them!"

"'What is Juggernaut's real name?'"

(image of Juggernaut inside the Mossdeep Gym)

"Even I don't know the answer to that one, and I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"

"'Why is this guy wearing a Lucha Libre mask?"

<----WTF?

"And 'Can Steven actually defeat Brendan without cheating by whoring out his uuber-Metagross for all it's worth for once?'"

(image of Steven holding out his hand to order an attack; his Skarmory, Aggron, Cradily, Armaldo, Claydol, and, at the forefront, Metagross all move in to strike)

"Screw the rules - I have money!"

Monotype Challenge: The Abridged Movie
    ~Juggment Day~

"Only on TPM. If you reserve a seat now, you'll receive a bunch of free illegal Legendaries that may or may not be hacked and/or destroy your game. By the way, does anybody have a throat lozenge? This voice is killing me..."

COMING SOON

~Blade
    Last edited by Blademaster; 5th October 2007 at 03:05 PM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Uh... and this has what to do with the MTC, exactly?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Veteran Trainer

It's a preview. I've only earned two Badges. I wanted to give the people something while waiting for me to finish the game.

Also, I was REALLY bored and had been watching too much Youtube while waiting for my fucking knee to stop being busted.

Also, if you didn't laugh at least once at that, you're a humor Nazi.

...OK, that's about all I've got.

EDIT: Now that I've slept, I can make it clearer what I'm doing.

The preceding trailer is a parody; it combines aspects of the Juggernaut movie, Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Movie, and many other video game and movie references in order to be funny as all Hell.

The actual MTC is going to be a parody as well. It will be written in the style of a short story rather than a journal, and while it's gonna be as inforative as I can make it, it's also gonna be as funny as I can make it.

Now, if you're wondering why I'm doing this, it's already been described VERY SUBTLY in the movie trailer. This isn't just any MTC... See if you can figure out what I mean by that.
    Last edited by Blademaster; 5th October 2007 at 03:34 PM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Who can't laugh at that? Juggernaut movie+ Pablo Francisco + some other stuff= Hilarity XD

"Not while I'm wearing these Jamacian colors" XD!!!! All you need is the sound wav of the little song right before that attack does nothing to Banshee XD

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Name: Maggie
    Reason: Retry, but better prepared.
    Badges: 2
    Progress:

We left our hero Maggie at Route 103 where she was training Houdour and Seedot. Maggie completed the training after defeating several pokemon and picking up a Zigzagoon or three for her 'Pickup' service. She stopped training at Route 103 when Seedot and Houdour were both l.10.

She hurried up to Petalburg defeating all the trainers to get there, but Seedot didn't obey. Maggie was horrorstruc but continued her journey anyway. Maggie helped out some strange guy at her fathers Gym. He needed a Ralts, so why not. After that greenhaired fellow left, Maggie continued her journey, into Petalburg forest, until Rustboro.

In Rustboro she picked up HM01, a premier ball, Quick claw and some more expierence. After clearing out the route to the Whismur cave, she returned to face Roxanne. The gymtrainers fell to Flamethrower from Houndour.

Roxanne: That girl send out a Houndour, it used Smog, but didn't very effect my Geodude. Rocktomb surely killed that weak Houndour, fire is not a good bet for facing Rock pokemon children! Then a Seedot came in play. It immediatly used Gigadrain, that was a pity. I retrieved my Geodude and shot out my Nosepass. Due the unobedience of that Seedot - you could see it was badly trained -it used Growth twice and Leech Seed so I was banging it, until that Leech Seed. My female opponent sat pretty safe with that Leech Seed. I was giving Nosepass some potions when I started wondering if Seedot knew any attacking moves..Suddenly out of nowhere a Gigadrain finished off my Nosepass and I lost. After all my work and studies at the Trainer school I lost. To a disobiendent pokemon. I gave her my badge, a TM, some advice and then left the room.

Maggie was pleased with her new badge until she heared screaming, a familiar voice. The crazy, fat Devon assistant with this unnumbered supply of Greatballs was back! Maggie raced after him, trying to pick up another greatball, but she was lead into some cave where she battled out the a Team Aqua trainer. Although it had a darkpokemon, she swiftly disposed of it with a Flamethrower and left. Some time later, after being commanded by the Devonhead and his assistant Maggie rushed back to Petalburg and sailed to Dewford with Mr.Britney, who had left her an all time favor.

She hopped onto Dewford beach and headed for the cave. Some more minutes and training later, she had delivered the letter to Steven and had obtained a TM47, Steelwing. Maggie trained Seedot to l.20, gave it 1 Rare Candy and it learned Synthesis, after that it was finally time for Seedot to evolve.

*blink*

Due some unknown reason, our hero ended up in Dewford gym and battled it out with her Houndour. Flamethrower finished almost every single pokemon in the gym, including Gymleaders pokemon.

Brawly: Well I was sitting in my cousy couch when suddenly some kid started yelling about a challenge. I accepted as I get payed for it, but meh. Fire fire, that's all I remember. Both my pokemon lay roasted on the ground after 2 minutes. I gave her the necessairy things and left, crying. I need to get laid..

Maggie was pleased with this new set off things. Her Nuzleaf finally listened to her and Houndour was making it aswell. They all sailed to Slateport, cleared out the beach, beachhouse, Oceanic Museum and finally delivered the goods to Capt. Stern. Phew, was she glad that her immediate duties were up. Now time for some more training, a rival battle and a new badge!

*save*

Pokemon:

Nuzleaf (Nuzleaf)
    - Level: 21
    - Trait: Early Bird
    - Moves: Leech Seed | Nature Power | Synthesis | Gigadrain
    Shiftry is going to be evil.

Houndour (Houndour)
    - Level: 19
    - Trait: Flash Fire
    - Moves: Ember | Thief | Flamethrower | Will-o-wisp
    My loyal watchdog.

HM slave (Zigzagoon)
    Tackle | Growl | -- | --

Next up: Some more pokemon-ish thingies.
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 10th October 2007 at 03:02 AM.

Master Trainer

Badges: 5
    Progress:

To lazy to type up alot of things.

Went over to Mauville while training alot, beat gym, obtained badge, went on, more training, defeated team Aqua at Mt.Chimney, went down, defeated Flannery, went back to Petalburg, defeated paps, continued, caught myself a Corphish and started training.

*save*

Pokemon:

Nuzleaf (Nuzleaf)
    - Level: 35
    - Moves: Faint attack | Nature Power | Synthesis | Gigadrain
    Shiftry is going to be evil.

Houndour (Houndour)
    - Level: 38
    - Moves: Ember | Bite | Flamethrower | Will-o-wisp
    My loyal watchdog.

Crawdaunt (Crawdaunt)
    - Level: 30
    - Trait: Battle Armor
    - Moves: Surf | Bubblebeam | Dig | Protect
    Seems fine.

HM slave (Zigzagoon)
    Tackle | Growl | -- | --

Next up: The water-fests.

Master Trainer

Progress:

Stopped at Mossdeep where I continued now, beating all the gymtrainers.

Liza and Tate: Surf and Bite from Absol and Crawdaunt. Easy win. Badge!

Cleared out some of the ocean while reaching Aqua Cave. I cleared it out again, beating Archie and setting Kyogre lose. I hurried back to Sootopolis beating some trainers along the way. I went into the cave of Origin and defeated Kyogre, then healed and defeated Gymtrainers.

Wallace: Absol did 3/5 with SD+Shadowball, then Shiftry did the remaing pokemon.

Flew back to Mossdeep and saved there, ready to clear out some oceans. Training.

Pokemon:

Shiftry (Shiftry)
    - Level: 49
    - Moves: Extrasensory | Nature Power | Synthesis | Gigadrain
    I'm liking the looks of this.

Houndoom (Houndoom)
    - Level: 49
    - Moves: Ember | Crunch | Flamethrower | Will-o-wisp
    My loyal watchdog. Not sure about moveset yet. Perhaps Sunnybeam.

Crawdaunt (Crawdaunt)
    - Level: 44
    - Moves: Surf | Icebeam | Brickbreak | Sludgebomb
    This is a powerhorse. Never recognized it's true potential.

Absol (Absol)
    - Level: 46
    - Trait: Pressure
    - Moves: Facade | Aerial Ace | Swordsdance | Shadowball
    Absol, yeah.

HM slaves (Linoon, Peliper, Sharpedo)

Next up: Final training, a road of victory and a bunch of battles.
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 19th October 2007 at 03:35 AM.

Veteran Trainer

o.O Why'd you do everything twice?

::runs before bricks fly::

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Damn, I edited it to have the same format, then I just copy it and leave the original text alone. This time however I pressed the edit button with the new text..

My bad.

Master Trainer

Progress:

Yeah so training it was, alot of oceans crossed, a lot of trainers defeated. Finally I managed to get through Victory Road and prepared for the league.

Sydney: Flamethrower on Mighteyena, Icebeam and Brick Break on the rest. Crawdaunt!

Phoebe: With a dark team? Lol. Crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch, flamethrower.

Glacia: Flamethrower + BB. Hurray. Crawdaunt!

Drake: Crawdaunt!

Champion Steven: Flamethrower on Skarm, then BB on the rest, Flamethrower on Meta aswell. Crawdaunt!

So that was it.

Final Pokemon:

Shiftry (Shiftry)
    - Level: 52
    - Moves: Extrasensory | Nature Power | Synthesis | Gigadrain
    Big dissapointement, didn't really do anything, good stats, but sucky moves. Some of that is my own fault, but meh.

Houndoom (Houndoom)
    - Level: 53
    - Moves: Ember | Crunch | Flamethrower | Will-o-wisp
    [I]Lovely sp.atk. Did it's job well, hard to raise from l.5.I]

Crawdaunt (Crawdaunt)
    - Level: 54
    - Moves: Surf | Icebeam | Brickbreak | Sludgebomb
    The main surprise of this MTC, kick ass pokemon, with loads of potential.

Absol (Absol)
    - Level: 52
    - Trait: Pressure
    - Moves: Facade | Aerial Ace | Swordsdance | Shadowball
    Absol, yeah, nothing special, didn't really do that much.

HM slaves (Linoon, Peliper, Sharpedo)

Final words: It was fun and I learned a lot about Crawdaunt. I'll be doing another MTC next, stay tuned.

Veteran Trainer

Crawdaunt is teh sexor :O

Entertaining quotes!

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Ok, just because I feel like it I am going to start a Dragon type R/S mono type challenge

Everything going to the plan in my head it should hopefully work out

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Name: Draken
    Type: Dragon
    Reason: I don't think its been done before and because I like dragons
    Progress: 1 Badge

Chapter 1: In the beginning

Ok I started the game as I normally do by rolling through the boring and annoying game text at the beginning of the game. That was promptly followed by the tedious task of pointlessly running around doing the starting chores for the professor and your mum etc etc etc. Finally after Prof. Birch was attacked I chose Treeko as my starting pokemon because it seems to look like a dragon so it is a good choice for my mono type challenge.

After promptly kicking the ass of my rival May I started my journey through the Hoenn region. Again I had to go through the boring rigmarole of helping the annoying kid get his Ralts. Following the long winded conversation with the father I went of to find 2 of my HM pokemon, which I was lucky enough to have appear as the first 2 pokemon I encountered. The pokemon were a Tailow and a Zigzaggon, The Zigazagoon is used for HM's like surf strength and cut also having the pickup ability is very useful.

Then I decided to trek through the deeps of Petalburg woods into the city of Rustboro to go and get myself the first badge of the game. The gym trainers and Roxxane's pokemon were quickly done away with byt Treeko and its Absorb attack. When the fight concluded I left with a Rock Badge, TM 39 (Rock Tomb) and a Grovyle since Treeko had evolved.

Now I am off to Dewford to get my second badge.

Pokemon

Dragonish (Grovyle)

-Level: 17
    -Trait: Overgrowth
    -Moves: Pound | Pursuit | Absorb | Quick Attack

Flyzalot (Tailow)

-Level: 5
    -Trait: Keen Eye
    -Moves: Peck | Focus Energy | Growl | -

Pickup (Zigzagoon)

-Level: 5
    -Trait: Pickup
    -Moves: Tackle |Growl | Tail Whip | -

Next Chapter: 2: Brawly's big ass kicking

Also since no one is probably gonna post here there might be like 9 posts of mine in a row since this challenge will be over quickly because I have a lot of time on my hands, also I will be posting after each badge that I receive

Progress: 1 Badge

Chapter 2: Brawly big ass kicking

After defeating Roxxane I decided to move up north of Rustboro town where I bumped into the team Magma grunt from the forest. He ran straight into me and kept on moving, then I was guilt tripped into go getting his goods back from the team magma grunt. Running down Route 116 I ran into numerous pokemon such as a Nincada but I did not have enough time to be bothered to catch one. I also meet the very disturbing Mr. Brine outside the cave saying that his stupid Wingull was stolen by some guy in a red hoodie. I moved into the cave and beat the living daylights out of the grunt, stole back the goods gave them to the man and moved on. Back towards Rustboro city to get HM01 which I idiotically forgot when I was there.

With cut in my bag I moved back towards Petalburg city to get on Mr. Brine's ship so I can go get my second back. After a long scary ride with a old perverted guy I was in Dewford but first I needed to go give the letter to Steven Stone. I moved towards the cave destroying the poor fisherman's Magikarp who stood in my road. The nice fat hiker at the begining of the cave was good enough to give me HM05 for free, even though flash was useful for the cave I decided not to teach it to a pokemon as Grovyle was the only one who could learn it. The long arduous journey through the cave ended in an anti climatic event by me giving the letter to Steven, getting TM 37 in return and promptly leaving the cave.

I decided to move on to Brawly's fighting gym, all the small annoying gym trainers where easy wins because the pokemon were sooooo weak. But Brawly on the other hand was a bit tougher as I seemed to keep getting defeated on his first Machop. But after a bit more training I managed to beat him. After aquiring TM 39 and my second badge I once again suffered a trip with Mr. Brine on his boat to Slateport city.

When I arrived in Slateport city I made my way up the beach avoiding as many trainers as I possibly could (saving them for when I get my first Dragon type). Though halfway I forgot what to actually do so I wondered around a bit trying to figure out what to do. After much searching I remembered I had that stupid package and went to deliver the package to Captn Stern. Once the package was delivered I was jumped by two Magma grunts who were quickly defeated.

With this win still fresh in my mind I moved onto Mauville city, after being beaten by my rival she was beaten by the awesome power of Grovyle. Moving on to the third gym again the smaller gym trainers were pieces of cake as their pokemon where taking down in relative ease. Watson on the other hand was more trouble then I bargained for, he kept defeating my pokemon till I went out and trained then came back. With a quick flick all three of Watson's pokemon were KO'ed by Rock Smash.

After receiving my 3rd badge and the Shock Wave TM I decided to stop here in Mauville. Well for about an Hour in which I will probably quadruple post my 4th and possibly 5th badges

Pokemon

Dragonish (Grovyle)

-Level: 28
    -Moves: Rock Smash | Pursuit | Absorb | Quick Attack

Flyzalot (Tailow)

-Level: 7

Pickup (Zigzagoon)

-Moves: Tackle |Rock Smash | Tail Whip | Cut

Next Chapter 3: My first real Dragon

Progress: 5 Badges

Ok I don't feel like going into a bunch of detail at the moment so here is a very very simple break down of my 4th and 5th badge.

Right after defeating Watson and getting the third badge I moved straight up towards Fallarbor to near Lannette's house where I managed to capture my first actual dragon pokemon Swablu which I named Cloud 9. After getting my little Swablu I started to train it on some trainers that I had missed and in the Trick House near Slateport City. After getting it to about level 30 I decided it was strong enough to go into the fourth gym. But after losing to Flannery about 5 times I trained up the little Swablu to level 33 and gave it 2 rare candies (man I love pickup) causing it to evolve into an Altaria. Once again I traveled back to the fourth gym and Altaria absolutely kicked Flannery's ass.

As normal after receiving the 4th badge I was greeted by my rival who gave me the Go-goggles I promptly speeded into the desert where I was able to catch the second addition to my team a Trapinch who I named Seraph. Once again I trained my next dragon by mainly battling wild pokemon till it was about level 31 then I went back to Petalburg city to face Norman in a gym battle. The fight was an easy win for my Altaria and Trapinch with all three of his pokemon going down without a fight.

After receiving the 5th badge of the game I trained my Trapinch to level 33 and again used 2 rare candies on it causing it to evolve into a Vibrava. After it had evolved I saved my game in Mauville city ready to go for my 6th badge.

Pokemon

Cloud 9 (Altaria)

-Level: 39
    -Trait: Natural Cure
    -Moves: Dragon Breath | Peck | Astonish | Sing

Seraph (Vibrava)

-Level: 35
    -Trait: Levitate
    -Moves: Bite | Crunch | Dragon Breath | Faint Attack

Dragonish (Grovyle)

-Level: 34
    -Moves: Rock Smash | Pursuit | Absorb | Quick Attack

Flyzalot (Tailow)

Pickup (Zigzagoon)

-Moves: Tackle |Rock Smash | Tail Whip | Cut

Progress: 6 Badges

With my newly found surf ability I made my way to Fortree city defeating all the trainers in my way leveling up poor little Seraph. After I made it to the weather station I healed my pokemon went in side and kicked all the buts of the team Magma's trainers. After disposing with them I received the great reward of Castform and healed my pokemon again, then moved out to beat my rival May. After wiping out all her pokemon with Vibrava and Altaria she gave me fly then continued on her bike.

Moving into Fortree city I remembered that you needed a silly little Devon Scope to get into the gym, so I met my buddy Steven on the bridge, caught the Kecleon for the hell of it and moved back towards the gym. Following the healing of my pokemon I went into the gym and decimated all the trainers and Wynona the leader with Vibrava and Altaria.

Receiving the 6th badge I traveled along to Lilycove city hoping to get to Pacifidlog town but then remembered I had to go to Mt Pyre, defeated team Magma again then moved back into Lilycove hoping to get across again. But unfortunately I had to go to Slateport see the people steal the submarine THEN go back to Lilycove and clear out the Team Magma Hideout. After the last trainer was beaten my Vibrava had evolved into a Flygon.

Finally those damn Wailmer where gone so I could go to Pacifidlog, I journeyed down the ocean missing all the trainers so I could come back later and get some free exp. Once I was in Pacifidlog I set to work immediately by fishing to get my self a Horsea and a Sharpedo, after a long wait I caught a Horsea and named it Inkles and the Sharpedo which I called Red October. Then I headed back to Fortree caught myself a Tropius which I called Bananarama.

Heading back to all the trainers I trained my Horsea on all of them, eventually getting it to level 33 and evolved it into a Seadra then immediately traded with my emerald version for a Kingdra making it the third addition to my team. I saved my game in the trick house were I am still contemplating my attack moves for my team in regards to the elite 4.

Seraph (Flygon)

-Level: 45
    -Trait: Levitate
    -Moves: Dragon Breath | Crunch | Bite | Faint Attack

Cloud 9 Altaria

-Level: 45
    -Trait: Natural Cure
    -Moves: Dragon Breath | Peck | Astonish | Sing

Inkles (Kingdra)

-Level: 33
    -Trait: Swift Swin
    -Moves: Twister | Bubble | Water Gun | Smoke Screen