Aroma of Spring
Haruka's Psychic Monotype Adventure!
*Haruka, as a female name, actually means Spring's Perfume.

NOTE: I am a guy, mind you. But I'll write the whole challenge log role playing as Haruka, as I have found that NPC Yuuki has more character development than NPC Haruka throughout the game, and hell, I need to practice my roleplaying skills. So don't be surprised if you see cutesy lines, really aggressive (or girly, depending) curses, or mentioning being a girl, as this is roleplay. Don't think I'm like Heath (you know, the showgirl-looking Frontier leader in Emerald...) please...

- Started the challenge at 6:00 PM (I am a nocturne person!)
- Visited the neightbor's house. That guy, Brendan, thought I was a guy. Typical. ¬_¬ But he was actually surprised to know my gender, he was blushing wildly, and he acted SO gentlemanly when he asked me if I wanted him to catch me a Pokémon. He's cute, but at first glance I thought he was a little weird...
- I also met Brendan's father, the renowned Prof. Bit... er, Birch... heeheehee ^_^ He's reeeeeally clumsy, as he pissed some Poochyena off and asked for my help... I tried hard not to laugh and took Mudkip!
- After fighting the Poochyena off, I went to Birch's lab and he gave me the Mudkip! The Mudkip was very happy, and when I named him Poseidon, he acted as he thought it was cool.
- He told me to go find Brendan, and I went. But in the way, I noticed another Poochyena. It was very weird, as instead of being a dirty gray color, it was somewhat yellowish green... Weird stuff. I wanted to catch it, but I had no Pokéballs so I just ran away, in fright of making the same mistake as Birch...

(Darkgel's note: DAMN SHINY POOCHYENA! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! >_<)

- I beat Brendan in a Pokémon battle, and he acted really strange about his loss... Kinda like... me? Buh, anyway, we got to Birch's lab again, and he granted me 5 Pokéballs to catch Pokémon with (as if I didn't know what they were for... duh ¬_¬) and a Pokédex! Wow! I SO wanted one of these! [/sarcasm] And then he bid me farewell, sending his most cordial sallutations to my father (I know he called him friend, but at first he was gonna say another thing... I think I heard "ex"... Buh, my imagination.) I packed my stuff and got going!
- My mother got me some cash, gave me running shoes (I SO wanted ones! And it's not sarcasm! ^_^) And was glad I could meet Prof. Birch (she addressed him as Dad's friend, but... I swear I heard an "ex" before she interrupted herself and said Friend... There's something fishy here)
- After a lot of search (and some nosey beginners) I finally got a Ralts! I named her Artemis.
- I visited Petalburg Gym, and Dad greeted me greatly. I asked him about the ex thing, but he was interrupted by a green-haired kid named Wally, who mubmled something about a promise my father did to him. Dad lent him a Zigzagoon and told me to go look after him, as he was frail and sickly (or lazy and whiny, who knows...) He caught a Ralts! STUPID COPYCAT! >_<
- Struggled to defeat a Team Aqua Grunt and received a Great Ball! Great! (...yes, the puns sucked)
- Caught my second HM slave! It's a Zigzagoon, named him Moira.
- Battled all the Gym Leader's lesser men (they were actually hurt by me saying that... I wonder why?) and got to fight Roxanne!

GYM LEADER BATTLE: ROXANNE

Artemis didn't have a problem with Geodude, as it just Defense Curled the entire fight. Nosepass did connect some Rock Tombs, but I healed Artemis with Potions and Nosepass hardened away... 3 Confusions nailed it down.

GYM LEADER BATTLE END

- I struggled to retrieve the Devon Goods and saved a Wingull belonging to Mr. Briney, who offered me a ride to Dewford! Wow! There ARE nice people around!
- I spoke to Mr. Devon Stone in person! My brother talks about him all the time. He asked me to deliver a package to Slateport's Shipyard, and a letter to a guy named Steven in Dewford. He also gave me a Pokénav, with a GPS installed! Just when I was thinking of going back home and ripping my map off the wall...
- I found Brendan on the way to meet Mr. Briney. He said he caught a lot of Bug Pokémon in the Petalburg Woods. I don't get men... What's with them and bugs?

(Darkgel's note: I don't know the rest of the people, but I find bugs really neat and complex... I once considered being an enthomologist, to tell you the truth...)

- I got Mr. Briney to get me to Dewford and I battled Brawly. He's SO dreamy... Those muscles...

(Darkgel's note: I think I'm making Haruka waaaaaay off the normal japanese girl. Attraction to muscley guys? THAT'S ABSOLUTELY UNLIKELY!)

GYM LEADER BATTLE: BRAWLY

He sent out a puny Machop, not a problem for Artemis. In fact, 1 Confusion left it in the floor. Then came Makuhita. One Confusion didn't KO, but he used... BULK UP. *slaps forehead* I just finished him off and voila. Plus, Artemis evolved into Kirlia!

GYM LEADER BATTLE END

- Got to Slateport fast, and my troubles began... Got beat by damn Team Aqua! Those bastards...
- Went to Dewford and caught an Abra! Named him Perseus and taught him Thief (that'll show those... those... meanies!)
- Moira sure is a darling, picking Rare Candies for me! ^_^ That made Abra level up to 20!
- Moira picked up a Revive! YAY!
- Whoo, I found a weird Electrike in the road! It was blue instead of green! But Perseus got out of hand and fainted it...

(Darkgel's note: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ...Whatever, it wasn't psychic.)

- Abra + Thief + Recover = Defeated Team Aqua Grunts (Not very effective, huh?)
- I got the package to Captain Stern and he seemed... somewhat attracted to me... He's an odd guy. Anyway, my Perseus and my Artemis are at a very high level!
- I got to Mauville, and went straight for the gym!

GYM LEADER BATTLE: WATTSON

This old bastard was tough. As Steel is resistant to Psychic (although Perseus' spoons would say otherwise), I had a hard time. But Perseus was sturdy and nailed them all with a few Psybeams.

GYM LEADER BATTLE END

- While training, Artemis evolved into a Gardevoir! *_*
- Got to Fallarbor and found out Team Aqua is at Meteor Falls! Time to sweep the bastards!
- I caught a Swablu! Named him Hermes.
- Caught 2 Lunatone! Named them Phobos and Deimos.
- I was gonna battle Team Aqua, but some guys called Team Magma came and made them flee! Archie was SO cool when he made his speech... Even though his grunts had annoyed looks on their faces...
- Got to Mt. Chimney and battled Team Aqua! It almost fainted eveyone in my team, but as I taught Shockwave to Artemis, it was a breeze.
- I caught a Spoink! Named him Dionisio.
- Got through the soot a few times and made the Red, Yellow and Blue Flutes!
- I got to Lavaridge!

GYM LEADER BATTLE: FLANNERY

I sent Perseus and 4 Psybeams got rid of all her Pokes, Torkoal tried to flirt, though, and I had to use my Red Flute.

GYM LEADER BATTLE END

- An old woman left an egg for me to take care of. I wonder what's inside?
- I went to the desert and caught a Baltoy! Named it Pandora.
- Wynaut hatched from the egg! I named it Hades (for being as patient as the dead XD)

HARUKA'S STATS:
Money: $4027
Pokédex: 12
Play time: 11:24

POKÉMON:

Lunatone [Phobos] LV 24
Types: Rock / Psychic
Naughty nature (It's naughty XD)
Tackle / Hypnosis / Confusion / Rock Throw

Lunatone [Deimos] LV 23
Types: Rock / Psychic
Timid nature