Well, then... shall we get started?

Name: Kijun (Japanese for "standard", which I guess counts as normal)
Type: Normal
Reason: I have no idea what I'm getting myself into and chose the most versatile, easy-to-use type I could (in other words, I took the pansy route)
Badges: None yet.
Progress:

So, today I start my first Monotype Challenge journey, out on a quest to catch and train a team full of Normal-type Pokémon. What a shame that Professor Birch doesn't offer any... I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on a Zigzagoon and Taillow, and until then I suppose I'll have to deal with Mudkip. After couple of soft resets to find a good Mudkip (I'll be trading it to another version for use anyway... why not get a nice one?) I grab my kipper of choice and Tackle the wild Zigzagoon into submission. Pity I couldn't catch it... it must be a monster of a LV2 Zigzagoon if it can terrify a large, hefty, full-grown man.

I named my Mudkip Triton and set out to beat the snot out of May so I could grab some Pokéballs. Having successfully done so, I hit Route 102, caught myself a male Lv3 Zigzagoon I called Izanagi and chucked Triton into the computer... now I can really get started!

After much training (and the realization that it's going to take a hell of a long time for me to be able to beat Roxanne with a Zigzagoon and a Taillow), I captured said Taillow, a male by the name of Raven.

Time to stop now, even though I haven't done much... meh. I've leveled both Izanagi and Raven to Lv8, and the trainers around Petalburg are pretty easy to beat... I think I'm going to cry when I battle Roxanne, though. Maybe Normal wasn't such an easy choice to start with after all... so much for taking the pansy route.

Kijun's Current Team:

Izanagi the Male
Normal
Level Eight
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Pickup
Item: None, so I can swipe stuff
Movelist: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip

Raven the Male
Normal/Flying
Level Eight
Nature: Lax
Ability: Guts
Item: None
Movelist: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

Next Installment: Obscene amounts of training, my friends. 'Cause you know my team's gonna have to be in the 20's to even scratch Roxanne and her stupid Nosepass, bleah.