Name: Matt
Type: Normal
Reason: Coincidence.
Badges: 1
Progress:

Well I started out by trying some link-experiment. (Spoiler:) I tried linking pokemon on ROMs with myself so I could use trade-evolvers. Still can't link between two 'cartridges' though. After it worked, I used emerald to continue, god knows for what reason. Started hopping around looking for a interesting pokemon to train. I avoided all trainers possible until Rustboro, although I couldn't find what I wanted. After strolling through Petalburg forest I encountered a Slakoth (fucking badass slaking) and decided to go with him as my starter.

Then came the huge task of training him. Truant is pretty annoying, especially for weak pokemon, so I had to heal a lot. Trained him up using all the trainers I avoided, plus the wild pokemon on Route I-don't-know, by Rustturf Tunnel. I figured that my normal attacks wouldn't do me any good during my gymbattle so I needed something else. Looking through Veekun I found that Slakoth learned Faint attack. Not only was it a dark attack, but therefore also a special attack (yeah I forgot, stupid old-type-system) which would eat Geodudes alive. So after Slakoth evolved into Vigoroth at l.19 instead of 18, I tackled the gym. Piece of cake since I was overlevelled, so I had more options now.

Did the whole rescue peeko thing and stopped for a moment. Decided to make it a normal monotype, but with pure normals only. Too bad Zangoose is only in Ruby.. I looked at my options, I decided I'll need an Exploud for type-coverage. His special attack is pretty good and he learns a lot of different TMs. Good. Off to catch Whismur..

..which I did. Nearly 35 of them before I finally got the one I wanted. No, that's a lie. Actually I wanted a Rash one, but Mild is close enough Trained him up, which went surprisingly fast, until he too reached l.20 and evolved.

Saved before Mr. Britney.

Pokemon:

[M] Vigoroth (l.21)
[Lax | Vital Spirit] Yawn | Faint Attack | Scratch | Slack Off

[F] Loudred (l.20)
[Mild | Soundproof] Uproar | Poud | Howl | Astonish