Quote Originally Posted by Chris 2.0
So when *is* the next psychic type?

Edit: Found out myself. Abra in Granite Cave, Natu, Wobbufet and Girafarig in Safari Zone, Spoink near Lavaridge, Meditite and Chimecho at Mt Pyre, Lunatone/Solrock @ Meteor Falls, Baltoy in the desert.

Hm.
I'm not bothering with an Abra, especially since they're mind-bogglingly difficult to catch when you're restricted in what you can use against them. And, you actually missed a Psychic-type, one I am planning on using.

Name: Min
Type: Psychic

After selling a bunch of worthless items, I headed back south to Mr. Briney's seaside cottage and sought his services in delivering the Letter and Goods. We sped along the waters of Routes 105-6, arriving at Dewford where a most delightful concept was in vogue: "KIND WORLD". I heartily approved.
I trekked up to Granite Cave, where I recieved HM 5 and a warning: it wouldn't work without the local Gym Badge. I taught Flash to Seedot, and visited the Gym. Thanks to my elemental advantage, Dewford Gym was smooth sailing compared to Rustboro. I quickly picked up the KnuckleBadge and then went back to Granite Cave and explored.
Having Seedot's light was very nice. In a lot of my Ruby or Emerald playthroughs lately, I haven't even bothered teaching Flash to anyone, so it was a pleasant surprise to be reminded of how much easier (and more graphically detailed) Granite Cave is with it.
Since this is Ruby and not Sapphire or Emerald, there were no Dark/Ghost-types to annoy me in here. There were some Aron who proved annoyingly resilient, and knew Mud-Slap besides, but I stuck it out and defeated them...and after two such wins, Ralts evolved into Kirlia! ^_^
I delivered the letter, recieved a TM I'll never use, and then returned to Mr. Briney and set off for the distant shore of Slateport. After beating all of the beach and Seashore House trainers, I entered the city itself, and streamlined my party a bit by depositing Seedot. Then I talked to Dock at the shipyard, unlocking the Museum, and headed into the thug-infested center of learning.
I got TM 46 from Mr. My-Poochyena-lost-to-a-Psychic-type-twice, and immediately taught it to Kirlia. Now I had a non-Psychic-type attack to use on Dark-types...but it turned out I needn't have bothered. The two grunts who tried to attack Capt. Stern didn't use Poochyena, and since this is Ruby, that meant they didn't have any Dark-types at all. Much like my last Gym Battle, this Magma encounter was smooth sailing. (What, did you think I was referring to the ocean travel? Silly, that's not a sailboat!)

Team:

Kirlia L22
Confusion, Calm Mind, Double Team, Thief
She'll be my only fighter for a while...

Mudkip L9
Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap
HMer. Just wait and see what I have planned!

Zigzagoon L9
Headbutt, Growl, Tail Whip, Cut
HMer. Just wait and see what I have planned!

Next: Coming Full Circle!