Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004-2006 R/S Monotype Challenge

Banned

Default 2004 R/S Monotype Challenge

as i headed north, i noticed a large road above the ground, 'thats looks like fun i thought' but later realised that i couldnt travel this road till i had a bicycle, yeah right like i would EVER be able to afford one of those!, so i was forced to walk to the next town, on the way i battled a few trainers, and met up with that sexy minx from the start of my journy, she offerd me a battle, and i warned her that even though she was a lady i wouldnt hold back!, she agreed and i wiped her @ss across the floor! hehe poor foolish girl!, any way i continued on my way and i reached Mauville city, i imeadiatly ran to the gym, only to have to fight that wimp Wally, which i did and was taken down by laviathans mighty bite attack hehe , the battle in the mauville gym were relitavly easy, piggy backing laviathan with belial, and their leader was soon crushed beneath my pokemons feat(fins??) as i travelled to the West, i came across a little fat pokemon staring up atme from the grass, a Marill, wow, that would make a nice addtion to me team i thought and proceded to capture it!, she has now been added to my team, and i am in the process of a hard and fast training regime!(though i doubt she'll stay on the team after i get a rod hehe )

BELIAL/marshtomp LV24 (F) (HARDY) water gun/mud shot/tackle/growl
    LEVIATHAN/Gyrados LV24 (F) (IMPISH) bite/tackle/splash
    ASMODEUS/Marill LV13 (F) (NAUGHTY) Water gun/defensive curl/tackl/tail whip

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Back at last...

--------------------------------------

Water Challenge

I went inside this mysterious ship. It's named 'Abandoned Ship', but I saw many people inside... tehy were probably exploring, though. After a bunch of Trainers, I met with a scientist that worked for Cap'n Stern. He looked for a Scanner, which location I ignored. I grabbed the key that was in his cabin, and managed to open the storage room door with it. There, I found the TM13: Ice Beam. It was quite the useful move for Water Pokémon. I taught it to Tentacruel. After this small stroll, I went back to Slateport City. As always, I took the time to enter that weird house named the Trick House. The guy is weird, but the prizes are good.

My Slowpoke was trained well. When he was high enough, I used my spare Rare Candies, and he evolved into Slowbro.

After some more training, I got in my way to Fortree City. The rainy way made it a breeze for my Water Pokémon. However, I foud out there was trouble in the Weather Institute. I entered and found those thugs of Team Magma. They wanted to use the power of Castform, the Pokémon living all over the Institute, so they could control the weather. My Water Pokémon beated them easily, including the Admin Courtney. The Institute people thanked me and gave me a Castform. It could be a Water Pokémon in theory, but since I wanted only pure Water Pokémon, I stored it in the PC.

As I got back in the road, I met May again. It seems to me that Pokémon Training isn't really her thing. I defeated her fast, like last times. Still, I can't deny she's a great friend. She gave me an HM to teach Fly to a Pokémon. As I crossed the final straw of Route 119, I finally made it to Fortree City. I went right into the GYM, but something blocked my way...

I was a bit frustrated, but I kept on going. Now on Route 120, I met more Trainers, including the rock-loving Steven. I had met him before in Granite Cave and before entering Route 119. He told me about some invisible Pokémon living around. He handed me a Devon Scope, and it helped me to see something that blocked my way. It was a weird Pokémon named Kecleon. I defeated it, and Steven entrusted me with his Scope. I was intending to go on, but then I thought: could this Kecleon be the thing blocking the Fortree GYM? I went back to Fortree and indeed: a Kecleon blocked the way. It just fled when I saw it. Now I could get inside the GYM!

The Fortree GYM was powerful, indeed. The Trainers weren't that much of a challenge, but the Leader is another story. The gorgeous Winona, expert on Flying Pokémon, accepted my challenge. Her Swellow, while fast, was easy prey for Tentacruel's Ice Beam. Her Altaria was also easily defeated. Then came Skarmory, whom took some hits from Tentacruel's Surf. I eventually made it faint, even if it took long enough. Her Pelipper kept on protecting, but my Slowbro managed to defeat it, slow but steady. Winona accepted my power, and entrusted me with my sixth Badge: Feather Badge. I was satisfied, and even more happy because Tentacruel's new move helped me beyond words.

I traded with that trusty guy of Kanto again. Orion I think was his name. He once handed me a Slowpoke Egg, because he wanted to help me on my challenge to become a Water Master. This time, he handed me a Staryu Egg, as he saw I'd take too long to get one myself. I thanked him again and focused on hatching it. It took a short while, as I went through Slateport City all around. A healthy Staryu hatched, and I dedicated to train it. It eventually reached my prized Pokémon, and with the help of Orion yet again, I taught it Psychic and evolved it into Starmie.

I then kept on going. I crossed Route 120 and Route 121. There, I saw Team Magma again, whom headed to Mt. Pyre... I'd take care of that later. I arrived in Lilycove at last, and healed my weakened Pokémon. There I met May again. She was a bit stronger, but my powerful Water Pokémon made short work of her. She then said that she'd work on Pokédex completion, and returned to Littleoot Town...

After this battle, I went into Mt. Pyre, so I could stop those Magma guys, whatever they were up to. I got to the summit, but when I reached Maxie, it was too late. They took the Blue Orb. The old woman that guarded the small shrine there and the Orbs entrusted me with the Red Orb. I then followed Team Magma to Slateport, as they said it was their next destination. I saw Cap'n Stern being interviewed, but soon after it finished, Team Magma stole Stern's submarine. They said something about a Hideout. While I remained a bit clueless, I remembered a weird cave in Lilycove. I went back there and indeed: that cave was Team Magma Hideout.

I breezed though it as fast as I could, but those goons escaped before I could get hold of them... at least I got some stuff. While I wanted to stop them, I knew a GYM Battle awaited me in Mossdeep City, and I got into rigorous training. I'm ready enough, but no preparation is enough, they say...

Time: 22:29
    Badges: 6

Current team:

Tentacruel (LV. 44) Surf/Ice Beam/Acid/Barrier
    Starmie (Lv. 44) Psychic/Surf/Thunderbolt/Recover
    Swampert (Lv. 44) Take Down/Growl/Mud Shot/Muddy Water
    Slowbro (Lv. 44) Confusion/Flamethrower/Surf/Strenght
    Pelipper (Lv. 29) Only purpose now is to use Fly...
    Zigzagoon (Lv. 2) HM Slave.
    -----------------------------------------------

Almost done...

***SLARTIBARTFAST*** Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Version: Ruby
    Type: Normal
    Time: 13:17
    Money: 281740 P
    Badges: 7
    Current Location: Mossdeep City

EVENTS:
    Completed Trick House Challenge #4
    Defeated Team Magma at Mt. Pyre
    Defeated Team Magma at the Secret Base
    Arrived in Mossdeep
    Loudred evolved!
    Defeated Tate and Liza (pretty easy with Zangoose's Shadow Ball and Linoone's Surf)

CURRENT TEAM:
    Swellow (M, Lv. 39 ) Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Fly, Steel Wing
    Linoone (F, Lv. 40) Headbutt, Surf, Tail Whip, Dig
    Exploud (M, Lv. 40) Stomp, Overheat, Screech, Hyper Beam
    Zangoose (M, Lv. 40) Return, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball, Swords Dance
    Kecleon (F, Lv. 39) Slash, Focus Punch, Psybeam, Screech
    Girafarig (M, Lv. 40) Thunderbolt, Confusion, Calm Mind, Stomp

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~*Arkeis.com - Pokemon art and game info!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Name:Zeek
    Type:Grass
    Badge(s):1
    Progress: I beat the CRAP out of the first gym and evolved Phykos. I leveled up Mykes and Herba some more,and headed to Dewford. There I evolved Herba and attempted to take on the fighting gym. The trainers were easy,but the gym leader defeated me.......I will continue training.

Pokemon: Herba(Male,Timid,Grovyle) Lvl:17 Pursuit,Absorb,Leer,Quick Attack

Phykos(Male,Calm,Lombre)Lvl:17 Astonish,Growl,Absorb,Nature Power

Mykes(Male,Hardy,Shroomish)Lvl:16 Tackle,Mega Drain,Stun Spore,Leech Seed. Item:Miracle Seed.
    Random Mark Twain Saying

"Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. Ah, but I repeat myself."

Banned

I beat the Elite Four!

Sidney: Easy peasy with Brick Break, Signal Beam and Silver Wind

Phoebe: A little hard, but backup with Toxic, Grudge and Volbeat's Shadow Ball helped a lot

Glacia: Pinsir did most of the work, while Sheddy just took its time KO'ing Walrein

Drake: Very tough, but Illumise Charmed its way past Salamence to give Masquerain a chance to KO it using Ice Beam. The rest? Ice Beam pwned them.

Steven: Wow, sure was tough preventing him from Spiking, but tried and tried again till Illumise managed to shock it silly with 2 Thunders. The rest was easy, just Charmed and Intimidated them.

Overall, I used up tons of healing stuff, but I BEAT THE ELITE FOUR!!!

Current Team:
    Illumise Lv 47 Thunder, Silver Wind, Charm, Wish
    Pinsir Lv 48 Strength, Seismic Toss, Brick Break, Guillotine
    Masquerain Lv 50 Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Silver Wind, Stun Spore
    Volbeat Lv 48 Signal Beam, Silver Wind, Shadow Ball, Moonlight
    Dustox Lv 47 Psybeam, Silver Wind, Toxic, Moonlight
    Shedinja Lv 48 Grudge, Shadow Ball, Swords Dance, Silver Wind

Play Time: 43:23

Took quite a long time, but sorry for the delay, I havent bee playing it for a while.

Banned

Might consider an Ice Team. Would it be okay to shark a Kanto Ice type to start off with, 'cause theres not many Ice types in Hoenn.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yes actually only 3, with Regice included. What do you do with those kinda types? Fire has only 5 pokemon available in RS aswell?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah since there are very few Ice Pokemon in Hoenn I will let you use your FR/LG.
    Random Mark Twain Saying

"Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. Ah, but I repeat myself."

Banned

Okay I've only just started with the new monotype challenge, so now I've just sharked a Spheal and a Swinub. Another post will be coming soon.

Banned

Good! My VBA is working incredibly. I guess I'll be able to play as long as I like in this comp. ^_^

And my Sapphire cart still smells burnt... XD

I'm gonna go for Dark, next post will be my log.

Banned

Black Tinted Snow
    Yuuki's Dark Pokémon Monotype Quest!

- Got to town at 5:00 PM.
    - Saved Prof. Bit... Birch, and got Treecko.
    - Battled May, beat her humilliatingly. She didn't mind.
    - Caught a Seedot! He named him Satire.
    - Satire-kun seems to be some kind of Magikarpish Pokémon for its moves. He hopes to find a Poochyena fast.
    - Captured a Poochyena (at last)! He named him Anubis.
    - Visited his father at Petalburg Gym, and helped Wally catch a Ralts.
    - Crossed the Petalburg Woods, got the Wailmer Pail and experiencied 2-on-2 battles for the first time in the game.
    - Got a Bullet Seed TM, Satire finally knows something useful.
    - Got to Rustboro City successfully. Got HM01 there.
    - Entered the GYM and challenged the trainers in there.
    - Satire evolved into a Nuzleaf!!! Yuuki officially has 2 Dark Pokémon.

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE: ROXANNE

I actually began to sing the song "Roxanne".

I used Satire. She sent out Geodude. I taught Bullet Seed to Satire, so...
    I used Bullet Seed once on Geodude and it went down. Then she sent Nosepass. Oh, Nosepass. I was actually afraid... Geez. I used Bullet Seed and left him in red. Roxanne used a Potion, again I used Bullet Seed, but it missed. Nosepass used Rock Tomb... and guess what: It missed. Then I used Bullet Seed and voila. Fight over.

Eeeeeeeeasy.

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE END

- Recovered the Devon Goods and now is embarking to deliver a letter to Dewford and a package to Slateport.
    - Talked to May, has lots of pokes.

END OF DAY 1

YUUKI'S STATS

Money: $5484
    Pokédex: 4
    Play Time: 4:08 (it was less, the game's at 2x because the sound is off XD)
    Badges: 1

POKEMON:

Poochyena [ANUBIS] Type: DARK
    Ability: Run Away
    Hardy nature.
    Item: Quick Claw
    Tackle / Howl / Sand-Attack / Bite

Nuzleaf [SATIRE] Type: GRASS/DARK
    Ability: Early Bird
    Naughty nature. (He's naughty XD)
    Bullet Seed / Cut / Nature Power / Bide
    __________________________________________________ _______________

So? Any comments?

Master Trainer

Yeah, why don't you use HM slaves instead of teaching Nuzleaf how to cut? And what level are they?

Banned

well not much to tel you, ive laid off the pokemon training over the festive season, Leviathan isnt keen on the cold weather, but ive decided to go against the wishes of my faithfull gyrados, and continue training anyway , so far ive just battled up to the fire path, and asmodeus evolved whilst clearing out the hiker rif raf up there, update later!

Elite Trainer

Version: Ruby
    Type: Normal
    Time: 15:46
    Money: 340796 P
    Badges: 8
    Current Location: Sootopolis City

EVENTS:
    Defeated Team Magma at Underwater Base
    Arrived in Sootopolis
    Completed Trick House Challenge #5
    Defeated Groudon
    Defeated Wallace (Girafarig's Calm Mind/Thunderbolt helped a lot, Kecleon's Substitute/Focus Punch took down his Whiscash)

Almost done! Now its off to train for the Elite Four.

CURRENT TEAM:
    Swellow (M, Lv. 44 ) Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Fly, Steel Wing
    Linoone (F, Lv. 43) Headbutt, Surf, Tail Whip, Dig
    Exploud (M, Lv. 44) Earthquake, Overheat, Screech, Hyper Beam
    Zangoose (M, Lv. 44) Return, Quick Attack, Shadow Ball, Swords Dance
    Kecleon (F, Lv. 44) Slash, Focus Punch, Psybeam, Substitute
    Girafarig (M, Lv. 44) Thunderbolt, Psychic, Calm Mind, Stomp

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

And the path goes on...

--------------------------------------

Water Challenge

I got fast into Mossdeep City, and I defeated some Swimmers in my way. As I arrived, I met Steven again. I found out he lived there, and he gave me an HM08, that'd allow me to Dive in the ocean. I wanted to use it, but I couldn't do so until I defeated the Mossdeep Leader. And so, I entered the GYM.

It was really easy to defeat the Trainers inside, but the puzzle they had in wasn't that easy. At last, I reached the Leader... well, Leaders. The twins Tate and Liza. I challenged them to a double battle, revealing their Solrock and Lunatone. Starmie and Slowbro made short work of both with their powerful Surf attack. Lunatone managed to Hypnotize the slow-mo Pokémon, but Starmie's high Speed finished both Rocks in the next turn. Tate and Liza entrusted me with the Mind Badge as I defeated them. Now I could use Dive!

My next destination was Sootopolis, the City of the last GYM. I dived in the area of a tall, white mountain. I found my way into Sootopolis, and I felt I was ready. However, the GYM was closed... I was frustrated yet again. Those Leaders were very lazy at times...

Seeing that the GYM wouldn't open anytime soon, I took time to look for the mischievous Team Magma, whom had dived out to the ocean. The question was: where? I roamed all over the ocean floor, completely clueless about their whereabouts. However, I finally found Cap'n Stern's submarine... they were near. I rose to the surface and entered a seafloor cavern. I crossed the small maze there, defeating the Grunts and the Admin, Courtney, again. I finally reached the bottom of the cave, where I found Maxie. He was up to no good, because he was intending to wake up the mythical Groudon, which was in front of us, completely motionless. Maxie wanted to stop my intromision, and challenged me. He was easy, as I used Tentacruel's powers to defeat all of his Pokémon. As I defeated him, the Orb he had stolen from Mt. Pyre started to shien by itself. The mythical Groudon woke up and rose to the surface!

I got out to the surface, as the cave could turn way too dangerous. What I saw outside wasn't what I wanted to see: the place was being showered with intense, endless sunlight. The heat was almost unbearable. Maxie was regretting the happenings, as he was responsible of it... he left with Archei, the Aqua leader. Steven came suddenly, and told me that the origin of the heat was Sootopolis City...

I followed Steven and went all the way through the city. I met Wallace, the GYM Leader, whom was really concerned about the situation. As they saw I had the Red Orb, I was allowed to enter inside the Cave of Origin, where Groudon was. Wallace entrusted me with the destiny of all Hoenn... and maybe even the world.

I went inside the cave. I crossed it fast, delving as much as possible into the engulfing darkness. Groudon's power was causing some tremors around. I finally made it to the bottom, where Groudon awaited. I used the Red Orb, and the Pokémon attacked! I couldn't allow it to create a cataclysm, and I used all my power to defeat it. My Water Pokémon were weakened because of the sunlight Groudon created without cease. Eventually, they prevailed and sent the mythical Pokémon to slumber again...

The Region was saved. Steven thanked me for my brave actions, and told me that Wallace was looking forward to battle me. I went inside the GYM, where I'd get my last Badge at last! I defeated all the girls that followed Wallace, and crossed his creaky puzzle. He was impressed by my powers, but he still wanted to challenge me. My Starmie knew Thunderbolt, which proved useful. It was easy, but his Milotic managed to freeze my Starmie! I was in a tight situation, but my Slowbro saved the day. Wallace gave me the final Badge: Rain Badge, and told me that I was off to Evergrande City, sede of the Pokémon League.

I was proud of my achievements, but the Pokémon Leage wouldn't be a walk in the park. I had much Training to do before htting the road again...

Time: 28:06
    Badges: 8

Current team:

Tentacruel (LV. 48 ) Surf/Ice Beam/Waterfall/Barrier
    Starmie (Lv. 51) Psychic/Surf/Thunderbolt/Recover
    Swampert (Lv. 48 ) Take Down/Growl/Mud Shot/Muddy Water
    Slowbro (Lv. 47) Confusion/Flamethrower/Surf/Strenght
    Pelipper (Lv. 29) Flyer.
    Zigzagoon (Lv. 2) HM Slave.
    -----------------------------------------------

Off to the Pokémon Leage...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs
    Yeah, why don't you use HM slaves instead of teaching Nuzleaf how to cut? And what level are they?
    Satire is level 16, Anubis is nearing it.

And at the moment, it was better to put an attack to Nuzleaf instead of searching for HM slaves, as I have no TMs other than Rock Tomb and well... no HM slave(s).

I am planning on getting an HM slave, though. I'm now worried about Brawly and his x2 damage attacks... *shudders*

Banned

ZigZagoon make good HM slaves, evoolve to Linoone and it learns strength too, also it picks up helpfull items after battle, i always fill up my empty slots with them, just for the pick up ability

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by baphometboy
    ZigZagoon make good HM slaves, evoolve to Linoone and it learns strength too, also it picks up helpfull items after battle, i always fill up my empty slots with them, just for the pick up ability
    Right now, I am using a Treecko for the Flash. But I'll switch to Zigzagoon soon.

Iiiiiit's Log Time!

Black Tinted Snow

- Catched a Zigzagoon, first HM slave. Named him Sisiphos.
    - Told a person that what was trendy and cool was making anime. XD
    - Tried my first at the GYM. It SUCKED.
    - So I went to look for my oh so great hope, a Corphish.
    - Anubis evolved into a Mightyena!
    - Corphish never appeared. Buh.
    - I challenged the GYM again, taking a nap to train.

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE: BRAWLY

The first time his Pokémon had actually used Fighting moves. BUT, the second time, they dissapointed me by using Normal moves and Focus Energy. I pulled my loyal Satire out and used pure Nature Power, which turned into Swift in that terrain. Not only I nailed a good 700 EXP to Satire, but I won (EASILY) the second Badge!

He gave me some cash, the Knuckle Badge and an useless TM called Bulk Up.

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE END

- Pulled out Narcissus (Treecko) to use as a Flash slave...
    - Gave Steven the letter and he gave me yet another useless TM, Steel Wing.
    - Left Sisiphos in the Box and stuck to Narcissus as a slave.
    - Got to Slateport.
    - Defeated Team Magma and delivered the Goods.
    - Got in the Trick House and got a Rare Candy. (Note: Go there again.)
    - Got to Mauville!
    - Got the Coin Case and the Acro Bike.

END OF DAY 2

YUUKI'S STATS

Money: $26304
    Pokédex: 6
    Play Time: 9:24
    Badges: 2

POKEMON:

Mightyena [ANUBIS] Type: DARK Level 26
    Ability: Intimidate
    Hardy nature.
    Tackle / Odor Sleuth / Thief / Bite

Nuzleaf [SATIRE] Type: GRASS/DARK Level 27
    Naughty nature.
    Bullet Seed / Cut / Nature Power / Fake Out

Treecko [NARCISSUS] HM Slave

So? Anymore comments?

Banned

got past the fire tunnel, and chaed team magma out the mountain thing, and breezed through my fathers gym, got the surf HM and now im gonna go Water pokemon hunting, post agen soon ^_^

Belial/Marshtomp LV 27 Water gun/tackel/mud shot/growl

Leviathan/Gyrados LV27 Bite/Splash/Tackle/Dragon rage

Asmodeus/Azumarill bubblebeam/rollout/tackle/tail whip(sorry for the short ness of my posts, buti want more pokes!!!!!!!!!!)

Banned

ive found out water pokes BORE me, they are sooooooo dull ! and they maing the gametoo easy too!, anyway, im thusly goin to restart!!!!!!!!!!!, but what type should i do?? is anyone using Ground or maybe poison?

Banned

ive found out water pokes BORE me, they are sooooooo dull ! and they maing the gametoo easy too!, anyway, im thusly goin to restart!!!!!!!!!!!, but what type should i do?? is anyone using Ground or maybe poison?
    Well I'm having lotsa fun with Dark. And I'm gonna do Psychic after this.

Looooooog tiiiiiime!
    Black Tinted Snow

- Got to the GYM immediately.

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE: WATTSON

...DAMN. I got trashed in this gym. First, Anubis got paralyzed, and my BITEs weren't going through. I finished his Magnemite fast, but then came Voltorb. I pulled Satire out, and Voltorb used Selfdestruct. Bye Bye Satire! Anubis got out again, and Magneton was intimidated. In fact, the one intimidated should have been Anubis. I used a Super Potion and 2 Soda Pops, and of course, BITEs and lots of BITEs, to win.

...I admire this guy. First hard GYM battle.

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE END

- He gave me the Dynamo Badge, and an interesting move called Shock Wave. I'm gonna put all TMs received now in the PC to make movesets later.
    - Trained with the trainers around all routes, and went to Fallarbor.
    - Searching for ashes to do Flutes!
    - Caught a Swablu and named her Hermes. She'll be my Fly slave soon...
    - Caught a new Seedot and named her Nymph. She'll hopefully be the replacement for Satire, as I messed up and taught him CUT!
    - Nymph is doing well for an underlevel Pokémon in my team, but she needs lots more training.
    - Cleared the Meteor Fall fiasco and next will be the Mt. Chimney.
    - Cleared Mt. Chimney and got to Lavaridge. Straight for Flannery!

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE: FLANNERY

...DAMN AGAIN. I got trashed in this gym. AGAIN. I got Nymph for the start of all battles, exchanging with Anubis. That made poor Anubis faint after defeating the second Slugma.

Juggle time.

I made time with Satire to revive and heal Anubis, and when I got him out... HE FELL IN LOVE! Damn Torkoal's Attract move! I switched for Narcissus, who fainted, of course, and reswitched to Anubis, who ended the fight.

...Whoa... I have to train more. (Or stop training an underleveled in gym balles... ¬_¬() )

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE END

- Second Badge of the day! Heat Badge and an Overheat TM. If I had a Houndoom...
    - Got on the way to train for Petalburg. But first: THE DESERT!

END OF DAY 3

YUUKI'S STATS

Money: $20914
    Pokédex: 7
    Play Time: 14:28
    Badges: 4

POKEMON:

Nuzleaf [NYMPH] Type: GRASS/DARK Level 25
    Brave nature.
    Secret Power / Growth / Fake Out / Nature Power
    (Moves in Italic mean I wanna get RID OF THEM!)

Mightyena [ANUBIS] Type: DARK Level 35
    Hardy nature.

Nuzleaf [SATIRE] Type: GRASS/DARK Level 34
    Naughty nature.
    Item: Blackglasses
    Bullet Seed / Cut / Nature Power / Faint Attack

Treecko [NARCISSUS] HM Slave
    Flash / Rock Smash / Cut / Strenght

Expecting comments, people. Please?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Comments?

I can fully empathise with Mightyena in Wattson's Gym. I taught him Rock Smash -_-;

Anyway you could trade over some other Pokemon. To help cover types I'd suggest Crawdaunt (Corphish evolves at Level 32) or Sharpedo (I think you need Super Rod to catch Carvanha (also Water/Dark) so you could trade an egg).

And since you're on Ruby, no Sableye X_x;. Damn he's good.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brit Chris
    Comments?

I can fully empathise with Mightyena in Wattson's Gym. I taught him Rock Smash -_-;

Anyway you could trade over some other Pokemon. To help cover types I'd suggest Crawdaunt (Corphish evolves at Level 32) or Sharpedo (I think you need Super Rod to catch Carvanha (also Water/Dark) so you could trade an egg).

And since you're on Ruby, no Sableye X_x;. Damn he's good.
    Doin' it on Emu, Chris... My Sapphire cart got BUSTED. ROYALLY. (It still smells like burnt cart...)

And I thought Good Rod was good enough (pun intended, yesh) to catch Carvanha! >_< I think I'm gonna have to check for that on Gamefaqs. Plus, about Corphish, been there, couldn't catch it... XD

I think I'm screwed. And about Sableye... YES. I WANTED SABLEYE. BADLY. I have thought on sharking a Sableye (at level 1 so people don't complain), but I bet it's against the rules. XD

Name: Devon
    Type: Dark
    ID: 23248
    Game: Sapphire

I trained my Pokemon some more.

Then I went to battle Roxanne and KICKED HER ARSE. Remus bit Geodude twice and took him out. Nosepass was a little tougher, though... all my Pokemon lashed out at him, and finally, only Moonlight remained. He tackled Nosepass. And Nosepass fell.

I won my first badge and a Rock Tomb TM!

Then I went over to beat the Aqua dude, save the Wingull, and get goodies from Devon's president.

Went back to Petalburg through the forest. Got a Zigzagoon for an HM slave there.

Then I went to Mr. Briney's house and got a lift to Dewford.

There, I trained my Pokemon a bit in Granite cave. Got an HM 05, too. And then I found my next Pokemon!

Caught Pokemon: Level 10 Male Sableye - Mokuba.

Then I trained Mokuba and the others.

Afterwards, I traveled in the Granite Cave IN THE DARK. I need an HM slave. ^^;; Anyway, I found an Everstone and found Steve and delivered the letter to him, and then got his Steel Wing TM. Yay!

Then I hopped at Brawly's for a battle. It was very easy thanks to Mokuba, and Nazo helped a bit with Nature Power.

I got my second badge and a Bulk Up TM!

Then I hitched a ride to Slateport! Joy.

Trained Pokemon on the beach. Got soda pop! Mmmm, soda pop.

Then I went to the Museum and kicked some Team Aqua butt. Go me.

Then I trained and trained everyone to level 20+. Two wonderful things happend then.

Pokemon Evolution: Nazo evolved to Nuzleaf at level 21!

Yes, I held it back a little. I wanted a Nuzleaf with Synthesis.

Pokemon Evolution: Moonlight evolved to Umbreon at level 21!

Remus didn't evolve 'cause I'm holding him back a little till he learns Crunch. Damien will get the same treatment.

With my awesome new evolved Pokemon and the others (which are still as great as ever), I kicked May's butt. Such lame Pokemon, she has.

Then I got back to Mauville and beat Wally. With Remus' Bite. Just to be mean.

Trained a little, got to Verdanturf, got Contest Pass, trained some more.

Then it was time to beat Wattson. Which was hard. Damien was good with his Ember, wiping out Magnemite. Then Remus destroyed Voltorb. And then... then I have problems. Magenton wiped all my Pokemon out except for Moonlight... and then it let out a Shockwave.

I've always loved Umbreon. Now I love Umbreon more. Moonlight's superior endurance let him survive Magneton's attack, and then he made the steely idiot faint with Quick Attack.

I won my third badge and a Shockwave TM!

Then I got around to getting Hidden Power and HM 06.

Then I beat the Winstrate family. And the annoying reporter lady and her cameraman boyfriend.

And now I'm hanging out in the old lady's house on route 111.

-Remus, Level 23 Male Poochyena, Quirky, Run Away (Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite)
    -Nazo, Level 23 Male Nuzleaf, Hardy, Early Bird (Bide, Synthesis, Growth, Nature Power)
    -Damien, Level 23 Male Houndour, Adamant, Flash Fire (Ember, Howl, Will-O-Wisp, Smog)
    -Moonlight, Level 23 Male Umbreon, Quirky, Synchronize (Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Sand Attack)
    -Mokuba, Level 23 Male Sableye, Hardy, Keen Eye (Scratch, Leer, Astonish, Night Shade)
    -HM Slave Zigzagoon (For Cut and Rock Smash so far)

Banned

Black Tinted Snow

- Got in the Desert! Cacnea time!
    - Caught a Cacnea! Named him Satire. Now THIS will be Satire's replacement!
    - Now it's Training Time! I wanna have everyone (except Cacnea, maybe) on Level 36 by the time I go challenge Father's Gym.
    - As the last thing I wanted to do with Nuzleaf Satire, I put him and Nymph at the Daycare. Now I have a baby Seedot! Yet he has a Lonely nature (awwwwwww...) Now I can leave Satire at the Box (poor him) and train Nymph and her son, Ares.
    - Well, my 2 main attackers are Level 37 and 36, and after using his trainees to bulk Ares up (XD), I'll go get my father!

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE: NORMAN (a.k.a. Father)

...DAMN AGAIN! I got trashed in this gym. YET AGAIN. As I am YET AGAIN training an undertrained in a GYM Leader battle, I was in deep shit. Anubis ended up with 33 HP after first Slaking battle, so I decided to use Nymph. Focus Punch. OUCH. Bye Bye Nymph! Now it's time to stall.

Holy cow.

I stalled with Narcissus and Satire (the Cacnea), and Narcissus fainted. Anubis got in the way of a Focus Punch (OUCH!) and as for Ares, Anubis stole his Level Up (and I though Ares was the only one with leveling up chances!). Because Focus Punch needs an extra turn, Anubis didn't have to receive any other attack against the second Slaking.

Then came Vigoroth. I stalled with Nymph and Satire to heal Anubis and then it was just BITE and SLASH until the battle ended.

...Whoa... I have to train more. (Or stop training an underleveled in gym balles... ¬_¬() )

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE END

- Dad gave me a Balance Badge and Facade TM (HUH?!), and I got HM03 from Wally's parents (YEAH, BABY!). Now... What Pokémon can surf?
    - Got to Slateport and bought 32 Soda Pops (cheap and useful!) and went to the Trick House again.
    - Helped Wattson up and received Thunderbolt TM.
    - Narcissus evolved into Grovyle. Just by stalling?!
    - Trained everyone up to Level 30+ and bought more soda.
    - Caught a Carvanha! Named her Nereid.
    - Satire evolved into Cacturne!
    - Saved the Weather Institute and didn't receive Castform (a Normal in a Dark Monotype Challenge? Nah.)
    - Got to Fortree and went to challenge the GYM.

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE: WINONA

...Even if I was training Nereid in a GYM battle AGAIN, this one came out smooth. I got Nereid at the start of every battle, and then switched to Anubis, which sweeped everyone off. And Nereid got a level up!

GYM BATTLE CHRONICLE END

- Got the Feather Badge and Aerial Ace (which I bet I won't be able to use...)
    - Caught an ABSOL! Named her Athena.
    - Got to Lilycove, fought May, got Absol stuffed of PokéBlocks and got going to Mt. Pyre.
    - Cleared Mt. Pyre, got the Orb.
    - Cleared Magma Hideout, got to Mossdeep!

END OF DAY 4

YUUKI'S STATS

Money: $28564
    Pokédex: 15
    Play Time: 32:14
    Badges: 6

POKEMON:

Nuzleaf [ARES] Type: GRASS/DARK Level 34
    Lonely nature.
    HP Ground / Bullet Seed / Fake Out / Faint Attack

Mightyena [ANUBIS] Type: DARK Level 41
    Hardy nature.

Cacturne [SATIRE] Type: GRASS/DARK Level 37
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Naughty nature.
    Item: Lax Incense
    Absorb / Ingrain / Pin Missile / Faint Attack

Absol [ATHENA] Type: DARK Level 37
    Ability: Pressure
    Jolly nature.
    Item: Soothe Bell
    Slash / Quick Attack / Razor Wind / Bite

Sharpedo [NEREID] Type: WATER/DARK Level 37
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Impish nature.
    Item: Amulet Coin
    Slash / HP Water (not proven) / Crunch / Bite

Plus 3 HM slaves.

Banned

Challenge: Ice
    Basically, I had to shark 2 Pokemon to start off with. It's going to be a very tough challenge with Ice.

Current Events:
    Arrived in Littleroot.
    Beat May.
    Got the Pokedex.
    Sharked a Spheal and a Swinub and caught one of each.
    Helped Wally catch his pathetic Ralts.
    Rescued the Devon Researcher in Petalburg Woods.
    Had a little tough Gym Battle with Roxanne, and Spheal got K.O.ed, but Swinub emerged victorious.
    Helped get the Devon Goods back.
    Sharked a Smoochum and caught one.

Current Team:
    Spheal Lv 15 Powder Snow, Ice Ball, Water Gun, Encore
    Swinub Lv 15 Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Powder Snow
    Smoochum Lv 9 Pound, Lick, Sweet Kiss

Saved Place: Rustboro City
    Time: 2:31

Banned

Can a sharked Eevee evolve into an umbreon in Ru/Sa?, theres no night/day, but there is a clock

Can a sharked Eevee evolve into an umbreon in Ru/Sa?, theres no night/day, but there is a clock
    Eevee will only evolve on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire because it has a clock whereas Pokemon FR/LG doesn't have a clock. So yes your Sharked Eevee will evolve into Umbreon on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

Banned

im not sure if i can be arsed to go out and buy a cheat cartride tho hehe

im not sure if i can be arsed to go out and buy a cheat cartride tho hehe
    If you only own one Pokemon game you might as well buy a cheat device because one of them is cheaper than buying all the other Pokemon games to catch them all. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire were good new games in Hoenn. Pokemon Colosseum was in the new Orre region but not worth its money just for a few Johto Pokemon. Pokemon FR/LG is alright but it's really just Pokemon RBY remade with a few extras. A cheat device will allow you to have all the Pokemon and even the ones we might never get because they're always at Nintendo Events.

Banned

yeah true, maybe il have ta seehow the money situation goes hehe

Elite Trainer

ELITE 4 SHOWDOWN!

SIDNEY
    Well, I started off with Kecleon and took a gamble by using Focus Punch first. Fortunately, the Mightyena only used Sand-Attack, so the attack quickly KOed him. Then my Zangoose took care of the rest with Swords Dance/Brick Break. But I left Shiftry to Exploud, who blasted it away with an Overheat.

PHOEBE
    Luckily, Normal types are immune to Ghost attacks, which meant my Zangoose easily swept all of her Pokemon with Swords Dance and Shadow Ball.

GLACIA
    I could've easily used Zangoose's Brick Break again, but decided that he was having too much fun. So I used my Girafarig instead. Sure, the Glailie's Crunch attacks were supereffective against it, but 3 Calm Minds made that damage insignificant. But then it used Light Screen, so I waited for that to fade by maxing out my Calm Minds. With max Special Attack and Special Defense, Girafarig was unstoppable and not even Walrein could survive one Thunderbolt.

DRAKE
    Girafarig was weak, so I healed it and used it against Drake's Shelgon. Two Psychics took care of it. But the rest of his dragons were tougher, so I switched to Exploud, who had the only Ice-type attack on the team. Fortunately, all the rest of the creatures were 4x weak against an Ice Beam and that was the end of that.

STEVEN
    Time to heal all of my Pokemon before I faced the Champion.
    I didn't think my Exploud's Overheat was strong enough for Skarmory, so I used Ice Beam before the fire attack. When he switched to Armaldo, I switched to Zangoose since I was saving Exploud for later. Armaldo's Ancientpowers were wicked strong and Zangoose soon fainted. I stalled with Linoone until I could revive him and finish it off with Brick Break. His Claydol took a couple of Shadow Balls to defeat, but set up a Reflect during that time. No problem. When he used Aggron, Zangoose's Brick Break shattered that wall as well as dealing 4x supereffective damage. Zangoose stuck around to finish Cradily, but then it was time for the big Metagross. I let him defeat my Zangoose, who had the chance to use a strong Brick Break that depleted half of his HP. Then, I sent out Exploud, whose Overheat was powerful enough to faint it.

That's it, I won!

TIME: 20:30

FINAL TEAM:

Swellow (M, Lv. 50 ) Aerial Ace, Quick Attack, Fly, Steel Wing
    Linoone (F, Lv. 50) Slash, Surf, Tail Whip, Dig
    Exploud (M, Lv. 54) Earthquake, Overheat, Ice Beam, Hyper Beam
    Zangoose (M, Lv. 56) Return, Brick Break, Shadow Ball, Swords Dance
    Kecleon (F, Lv. 53) Return, Focus Punch, Ancient Power, Substitute
    Girafarig (M, Lv. 52) Thunderbolt, Psychic, Calm Mind, Crunch

That's it! I beat the Normal Monotype Challenge.
    It was fun and all, but now I have to catch up on some other GBA games. I haven't even played FR/LG yet!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I think i'll try with a very unusual type: FIRE!!!

We can shark some pokes yeah?

Master Trainer

°oO°*Monotype Challenge*°Oo°

Version: Sapphire
    Type: Flying
    Motive: Nice dual types there and pretty UU.
    Name: Maggie

Progress:

I started by helping the silly professor, getting Torchic, defeating Brendan and catching 2 pokemon.

I traded the 2 pokemon over for a breeded Natu and Skarmory who each held a TM(Calm mind+Steelwing)

I decided to train Natu later and sent him on my PC. I caught a Zigzagoon for HM purpose and went on on route 102 and defeated the trainers there+training, bringing my Skarmory to the nasty l.12. He wouldn't listen anymore.

I battled some more with my annoying Skarmory and made my way through Petalburg woods. I ended up in Rustboro leaving route 104 outside of Petalburg woods. I didn't battle one trainer because my Taillow would need the exp.points.

I healed my pokemon and went on towards route were I would catch a Taillow.

Skarmory
    - Level: 15
    - Trait: Keen eye
    - Type: Steel/Flying
    - Nature: Lonely
    - Item: None
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Swift | Sand-attack | Protect

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Name: Mitch
    Type: Dragon
    Game: Ruby

-Moved into my new home in Littleroot Town
    -Met my new neighbour May who just happened to be the daughter of Prof. Birch
    -I went to Route 101 and found Prof. Birch being chased by a Poochyena so I searched his bag for a Treecko
    -Treecko defeated Poochyena and Prof. Birch let me keep Treecko.
    -Defeated May's Torchic
    -Caught a Zigzagoon to use as a HM slave

That's all for now. Happy New Year everyone.

Master Trainer

@ MB: How are you going to do dragon? Shark some? Trade some?

I entered route 116 and caught myself a Taillow. I went back towards route 104 and defeated all the trainers that I have saved for my precious Taillow. Then another trip back to route 116 to train my Taillow to l.16. I thaught it Steel Wing to take on Roxanne and then headed towards the gym.

I quickly defeated the Gym trainers without much difficulty, bringing Taillow to l.17. Then I healed them and got back to face Roxanne.

GYM BATTLE : ROXANNE - STONE BADGE

Geodude fell to 3 Steelwings, but Taillow had only 4 HP left. I switched to my low leveled HM slave and refreshed Taillow before Zigzagoon fainted. 2 Steelwings made Geodude faint after Roxanne healed it with potion.

I sent Skarmory out to face Nossepass. It was my strategy to Sand-attack Nossepass and then Drill peck it to death, but Skarmory wouln't obey and kept doing swift and Drillpeck. He did Sand-attack Nossepass 3 times before fainting.

Then Taillow came out and growled to the maximum and Steel Wing'ed Nossepass to death. This was rather hard because Nossepass had used Harden 3 times, but the Growl+Sand attack combo worked great. I had my first badge.

I defeated the Team Aqua Grunt and saved Peeko, witch made me ride free on Mr.Britney's boat. I returned the Devon Goods and was asked to deliver 2 things. The letter and the Devon Goods.

I'm now on my way towards Dewford Town.

Time: 3.06
    Badges: 1

Pokemon:

Skarmory
    - Level: 16
    - Type: Steel/Flying
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Swift | Sand-attack | Agility

Taillow
    - Level: 18
    - Trait: Guts
    - Type: Normal / Flying
    - Nature: Bashfull
    - Moves: Wing Attack | Quick Attack | Growl | Steel Wing

Banned

Am I the only one here who doesn't have enough life to avoid playing the whole day?

Name: Devon
    Type: Dark
    ID: 23248
    Game: Sapphire

And so, after leaving the old lady's house on route 111, I happily moved on and trained my Pokemon all the way to Fallarbor. Got the Soot Sack on the way and collected enough for a Blue Flute.

Then I went onward towards Meteor Falls, training my Pokemon in the process. I met that professor guy there, and also EVIL EVIL TEAM AQUA.

After training some more, I scaled Mt. Chimney, where I battled some random Aqua grunts and an Aqua admin (a male Aqua admin? I didn't know that existed. I guess I'm too used to Izumi). And then I went and battled Archie. It was tough, but I managed to beat him in the end. Poor Nazo was at 9 HP and was the only usable Pokemon on my team other than the level 6 HM slave by the end of it.

Then I traveled to Lavaridge. Got an egg, hatched it. Female Wynaut! Wow, that's the first female I've received from this egg. Dropped Lulu the Wynaut off at the computer due to her not being a Dark type.

Then I trained my Pokemon in the Lavaridge Gym. By the time I got to Flannery, my Pokemon were ready for Flannery.

Again, Moonlight proved that endurance is a good thing to have when he survived Slugma I's Overheat. Remus took care of Slugma II, and I wanted him to take care of Torkoal, but sadly, it was too much for him. So I switched to Mokuba. He survived two Overheats, and was about to off Torkoal when she used her secret weapon...

Say hello to Attract.

So he was infatuated! That was bad. But I got lucky, since despite this, he managed to score a Night Shade on Torkoal and she went down.

I won my fourth badge and an Overheat TM!

Then May came over and gave me super-cool Go-Goggles! Whoo, now I can get one of my favorite Pokemon - Cacnea!

So I walked into the desert and battled some guys at the top half of it while searching for a Cacnea. I also discovered fossils, so I got the Claw Fossil for fun.

And after some training, I finally found what I was looking for.

Caught Pokemon: Level 21 Male Cacnea - Jack

Since I had Ziggy the HM slave on the sixth slot of my team, Jack was transfered to the computer. So I went to Mauville to pick him up. Right now I'm in Mauville's Pokemon Center. Can't wait to train Jack!

-Remus, Level 28 Male Poochyena, Quirky, Run Away (Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite)
    -Nazo, Level 28 Male Nuzleaf, Hardy, Early Bird (Cut {had to get rid of Bide and make him useful somehow...}, Synthesis, Torment, Nature Power)
    -Damien, Level 28 Male Houndour, Adamant, Flash Fire (Ember, Bite, Will-O-Wisp, Smog)
    -Moonlight, Level 28 Male Umbreon, Quirky, Synchronize (Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Sand Attack)
    -Mokuba, Level 28 Male Sableye, Hardy, Keen Eye (Scratch, Leer, Detect, Night Shade)
    -Jack, Level 21 Male Cacnea, Impish, Sand Veil (Growth, Leech Seed, Sand Attack, Pin Missile)

And...

-HM Slave Zigzagoon (For Cut and Rock Smash so far)

Banned

Heh, I did a little this day, but as the log is too small I preferred saving it for Sunday.

Plus, my avatar depicts how I think Castform might look like in a Sandstorm (if it changed in a sandstorm)... Whaddayathink?

Master Trainer

I arrived in Dewford Town and happily made my way up to Granite cave for some training. First up were some louzy fisher man who only got some Karps and stuff.

Then Granite cave was kinda good for meh old 'mon. They got a good work out while I headed towards the end to deliver the Letter to Steven. I received a Steel Wing TM for delivering the letter and caught a Zubat on my way back.

I taught Zubat how to use Steelwing and trained him to l.15, then giving him 2 rarecandys.

GYM BATTLE : BRAWLY - KNUCKLE BADGE

I used Zubat to confuse and hurt machop. Sadly Machop was able to pull of 3 Bulk ups, sweeping poor old Zubat. Then the disobidient Skarm came out. He managed to Drill peck Machop twice, bringing him to defeat.

Makuhita fell to one Drill Peck. The Badge was mine.

I asked Mr.Britney if he could sail me to Slateport, and he happily did.

I battled every trainer on Slateport beach and delivered the Devon Goods to Cpt.Stern. But I had to defeat Team Aqua first, witch was no problem.

Then I did Trick House Challenge #1 and trained some more on route 110 and route 103. ATTENTION: Taillow evolved into a Swellow and Zubat in a Golbat while training on Route 110 and 103!

Time: 3.54
    Badges: 2

Pokemon:

Skarmory
    - Level: 21
    - Type: Steel / Flying
    - Item: Quick Claw
    - Moves: Drillpeck | Swift | Sand-attack | Agility

Swellow
    - Level: 22