Thread: Great Fanfic Thread!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Great Fanfic Thread!

Come one, come all. Here is the place where we, as a community, can remenisce about great fics in the past or current fics you really like.

Basically, if you can, follow this format:

Name of fic:
    Brief Synop:
    Link: (if possible)

That way, we can look at all the great peices of fic that may have inspired some of today's top writers! Remember, the present is built on the past, so come on, let's see some goldies.

Also, you can post some current ones if you want, but I'm watching you. Don't go "this fic is brilliant cuz my friend wrote it". This is NOT a reader++ topic.

Thanks, peace out,
    Chris.

[Oh yea....well, I'd start off but....you know. Meh. *runs*]

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Good idea. Reminiscing is a bad habit of mine though.

My first one, no surprises here:

Name of fic: Love and Sacrifice, by Timarelay.

Brief Synopsis: Quite possibly one of the greatest fics to ever grace TPM, Love and Sacrifice was all about love and sacrifice. The story detailed the life and times of a genetically-engineered pokémon/human dark type hybrid (Shadow, I forget his actual name...) and his companions, sixteen other hybrids from across the world. The hybrids, each with their own distinct personalities, had to fight against an evil organisation (i forget it's name...) using every power they had. Results were awesome. The story itself was much more involved than I can remember, a definite must-read for anybody on TPM - if it was still around.

Link: nope, not possible. I don't think anyway. It was on the old UBB, before ezboard ... so early 2002.

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Banned

You are not wanted here, leave.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Go ahead, it'd be great to be able to read it again.

*grants permission*

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Banned

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Cheers!

Now reading it compulsively ...

Lisa the Legend

for all seasons Moderator

I had to struggle to think of something. I've got a memory that is similar to the lifespan of a baby behind the wheel; that is to say, very short-lived.

Name of fic: The Adventures of Tyler & Magmar, by SilverMachop
    Brief Synop: This fic was essentially, nonsense. A trainer parody fic that chronicled the adventures of the hapless Tyler, his Magmar, Groucho Alfred Magmar, and a variety of other bizarre characters.
    The fic was all about mayhem, and funny lines. Was there a plot? I kinda fail to remember. Regardless, it was a laugh a minute, and though some of the jokes were cringe-worthy (Kadabras playing a card game consisted of the dialogue, “Got any fours?” “Yes! Three! How’d you know, are you psychic?!”), it was all in good fun.
    It won a couple awards, then it just kinda... stopped. SilverMachop stopped coming here, too. I'm not quite sure why? He will be missed... Means I'll never be able to pitch the idea of a MT/T&M crossover. >.<
    Link: Right 'ere ...Left ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

There was a plot. To pun as many puns as possible within a certain amount of pages. Or to collect eight badges, I forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Weeee! I loved TAOTAM so much! It was my absolute favorite comedy fic on the boards! (And partially my inspiration for LiPH) thanks for the link!

Oh and I know Captain Pringle's old fics can be found on his message boards too. But I'm not sure what the links are. I'l try and get them though.

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Having started to browse fanfic more often now, i feel compelled to mention.

Name of fic:Sixteen Roads to Victory - Growlithe Trainer
    Brief Synop:A dairy like telling of how all the Gym Leaders/Elites came to become who they are, with twists such as Blaine and Surge being in the army together, and a confusing time difference bewteen Janine and Koga's stories.
    Link: Nope. This was UBB atleast, unless Mr Silverblade knows anywhere it was archived.

Banned

Ok... I feel really bad that I can't remember the author's name as I talked to her often back in 2000. I can barely remember the story either except that it was a dark trainer and there was a mutated... Mew or Mewtwo, i can't quite remember. Someone help me out here. I *think* it was called The Xi League.

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Wasnt Xi League written by Misty_Rocks or somehting?

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Right you are, Mist. Ah, those were the days. ^_^

We are half-hearted creatures,
    Fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us,

Like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum
    Because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea.

We are far too easily pleased.

C.S. Lewis ~ "The Weight of Glory"

Banned

Banned

I could be mixing two different stories up but I could have sworn there was a mewtwo of some description in there. I don't think I ever read the last chapter of that story any chance that a copy still exits?

AKA Brian Powell Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Name of fic: To the Rainbow's End by Zeldafan20

Brief Synop: The sequel to Zeldafan20's The Bittersweet Reunion. Ash, his mentally disabled brother David and newfound friend Aurora set off to the Hoenn Region, hopefully to get David some medical treatment... but obviously, it would not be easy. If you want suspense, this is the best one to read.

Link: Here!

Check out my fanfics
    Pokemon Impact!
    Now completed!

Series 2! Now completed!

Check out the third one!

I&#039;m also a fanfic reviewer, PM me for review requests but only if your fic&#039;s based on pokemon!