Thread: IP Tracking

Default IP Tracking

I have been having some problems on my website with people posting dirty comments and flooding everything, and I know they are from my school and know who the little group is that it is doing it. The only problem is, when I put their IP addresses into an IP tracking engine, it only tells me like where the server they connect to is and does not give me street addresses or anything so I can know who is doing it. Is there any way of being able to know exactly where they are from?

Banned

Default IP Tracking

would this help?

Default IP Tracking

I already checked that site, but it didn't help me, unless I am doing something wrong. This is the IP address I am trying to get the address for: (24.94.2.173). I know it is not a good idea to post other people's IPs, but whoever this is will get a lot worst from me when I found out who it is.

They should be living in California.

Banned

Default IP Tracking

isn't there you way you can contact their ISP(s)?

Default IP Tracking

Why did you delete your first post, Havox?

And I do not know how to contact their ISPs or basically anything about IPs, so yeah.

Banned

Default IP Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokemon Master
    Why did you delete your first post, Havox?
    I didn't read your first post throughly before posting mine

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default IP Tracking

Just ban whoever goes too far, and be done with it.

Finding their street address just to know exactly whose done it is a little much, don'tcha think?
    Hey guys.

Default IP Tracking

I already banned them Mike. They keep doing this every night. I know who the group is that is doing it at school, and this time I saved the evidence to report them so that they will stop, since it seems to be the only way.

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default IP Tracking

Heh. Call up their ISP (Internet Service Provider) and report to the ISP the time, date, and IP of the offender. WTF do you need street addresses for?
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Default IP Tracking

I don't know how to get that kind of info. I need their address because I have already reported who has been doing it at our school to a teacher, and having the street address would allow me to give it to him so that he can take them to the principal, since he has access to every student's address. This group of students also made hate websites for students and teachers at our school, and if I have solid evidence to get them into trouble, they will have to stop doing all of this.

Master Trainer

Default IP Tracking

Actually, you can't stop them from doing the majority of this. The school has no jurisdiction and hate sites are allowed depending on their content. Quit being such a fag and report the IPs to the ISPs, not the school. The school can't do shit about it.

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Default IP Tracking

Yes they can, you do not go to my school, so please do not talk when you do not know what you are saying. They used the school computers in many of the cases in the past, and that involves the school.

HOW DO I REPORT THEM TO THEIR ISPS????!!!!

Master Trainer

Default IP Tracking

I wish John would just take care of this....

Default IP Tracking

What do you mean?

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default IP Tracking

If they're posting harassing webpages about him/her, then the principal can intervene and authorities can be notified. Hate sites is one thing, but slander is another. Marquees saying "so and so is a fag" and having pictures of them doing things with theri freinds that have been doctored to appear sexual is sexual harassment.

happened to one of my friends last year, I know the routine, I IM'd water pokemon master and told her the solution

err, him.
    i didnt know, sorry
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

TPM's Statistician Honorary ModeratorMaster Trainer
    Master Trainer
    (Donator)

Default IP Tracking

WPM there should be something on your site
    that can ban their ip totally.
    So it they change their name at their site they can't post anyway.
    homeofmew
    (homeofmew#1337)

Default IP Tracking

[10:34am] * Dns resolving 24.94.2.173
    -
    [10:34am] * Dns unable to resolve 24.94.2.173

so is that a school ip or their home ip?

edit: very late edit but can't you just ban 24.94.2.* and be done with it or is it not that easy?

Administrator
    Administrator

Default IP Tracking

The only problem is, when I put their IP addresses into an IP tracking engine, it only tells me like where the server they connect to is and does not give me street addresses or anything so I can know who is doing it. Is there any way of being able to know exactly where they are from?
    Whois records cannot give street addresses because of the dynamic nature of IP addresses. Plus that whole "it's against the law" thing.

What you actually need to do is report the offender to their ISP (it's identifying as Road Runner home cable, so it's probably a fixed IP), who do keep track of which customer used which IP address at a given time. Send them the IP address, the date and time of the attack and a little background information. They can help more than we can.
    n/t

Default IP Tracking

But HOWWWWWWW do I contact them???

Default IP Tracking

But HOWWWWWWW do I contact them???
    find out which isp it is then find their contact number then report them..?

Administrator
    Administrator

Default IP Tracking

Email them, for Christ's sake. The abuse contacts are right on their home page:

http://content.rr.com/rdrun/com.htm

n/t

Banned

Default IP Tracking

Gee, so there are teenagers making fun of some kid for having a pokemon website? Who woulda thought of that?

Who the hell are these kids? I wanna give them a five.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default IP Tracking

they weren't making fun of the pokemon website
    they were making fun of him and the insults are repetitive and sexually oriented

it wouldnt be a bad thing to go to the principal about it if they all go to the same school
    it's the same thing as writing the insults on his locker
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Banned

Default IP Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by Magmar
    they weren't making fun of the pokemon website
    they were making fun of him and the insults are repetitive and sexually oriented

it wouldnt be a bad thing to go to the principal about it if they all go to the same school
    it's the same thing as writing the insults on his locker
    Correct. If WPM and those rotten twits go to the same school, it is important for WPM to inform the principal about what bad things they're doing to him.

Those kids will soon learn the hard way that cyber-bullying at school is a BIG no-no

Administrator
    Administrator

Default IP Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by HavoX
    i have an unstoppable urge to use the only image macro that would fit this occasion perfectly.

n/t

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default IP Tracking

What's with everyone's obsession with that image suddenly? I swear it popped up at a few other boards I visit in the last few weeks.
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

why wub woo Moderator

Default IP Tracking

WPM, there are three ways going about this:

1) The Asshole Way - email their ISPs and get them kicked off.
    Consequences: If they were using their home computer, then their parents/siblings/gay lovers will be victims as well, plus you'll probably get your ass kicked back in school.

2) The Pussy Way - tell their parents and they'll stop. Some friends of mine set up a slander site. A girl victimised on it told the parents of the webmaster and it was taken down immediately.
    Consequences: You'll look like a complete pussy and still get your ass kicked anyway.

3) The Manly Way - Kick those guy's asses in school in a good old-fashioned slobberknocker.
    Consequences: You'll get your ass kicked.

Personally, I'd go for option 3. But that's because in my case I would be the one kicking ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Default IP Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by Heald
    WPM, there are three ways going about this:

1) The Asshole Way - email their ISPs and get them kicked off.
    Consequences: If they were using their home computer, then their parents/siblings/gay lovers will be victims as well, plus you'll probably get your ass kicked back in school.

2) The Pussy Way - tell their parents and they'll stop. Some friends of mine set up a slander site. A girl victimised on it told the parents of the webmaster and it was taken down immediately.
    Consequences: You'll look like a complete pussy and still get your ass kicked anyway.

3) The Manly Way - Kick those guy's asses in school in a good old-fashioned slobberknocker.
    Consequences: You'll get your ass kicked.

Personally, I'd go for option 3. But that's because in my case I would be the one kicking ass.
    and not the one getting their ass kicked, ie. wpm.

Default IP Tracking

This can be locked now. I handled the situation.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default IP Tracking

ok...