Thread: Its been a long time.... [YGO]

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Its been a long time.... [YGO]

Yupz its has been a long time since I've posted a deck. Still busy with national service as usual. Recently I just duel Jay aka Yoh Asuka a week again, it seems he hadn't forgotten about the dudes at TPM. So cheers guys at least when he returns, he will still remember most of us. He was dueling me with a Red Lotus deck. Of course, it is fun dueling. I enjoyed the duel till the very end.

Now for the deck,

Creature [17]
    Troop Commander [2]
    Dimensional Warrior Lady [3]
    Exiled Force
    Mystic Swordsman Lv 2
    Mystic Swordsman Lv 4 [2]
    Mystic Swordsman Lv 6
    Andriod Psycho Shocker
    EX Virus
    Killer Snake
    Magical Scientist
    Magical Warrior - Breaker
    Tsukuyomi

Magic [16]
    Pot of Greed
    Distressing Choice
    Calling Reinforcements [2]
    Lightning Vortex
    Change of Heart
    Theft
    Forced Transfer
    Scapegoat
    Book of Moon [3]
    Early Burial
    Tempest
    Cyclone
    Emissary of Obliteration

Trap [7]
    Force Ejection Machine [2]
    Explosive Armour [2]
    Tidal Wave
    Cry Of The Living Dead
    Destruction Ring

An easy to explain deck, it should be fun to play with. The basic stragety is to use either book of moon or Tsukuyomi's effect to put the opponent's creature to face down mode. Later on you use Mystic Swordsman to rid them all.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Looks fine to me. I'd have used D. D. Assailant instead of Tsukiyomi, but it's up to you.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Last Exile
    Looks fine to me. I'd have used D. D. Assailant instead of Tsukiyomi, but it's up to you.

WHAT? Tsukuyomi is a RE-USEABLE BOOK OF MOON! Why would you NOT want it in a mystic swordsman deck?!

On a more serious note, try either main or side decking ninja grandmaster sasuke. It's useful when they pull a ceasefire or light of intervention on you.
    [CENTER]
    ^ Better do what he says, he's crazy! ^

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I guess because you have to keep summoning it. That why I never use SPirit monsters.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Last Exile
    I guess because you have to keep summoning it. That why I never use SPirit monsters.
    Yes, I do have to disagree with you. Before the banning steps in, you're playing the Eight Legged Crow, Yata, right? Its a spirit creature too.

I will side decked Ninja Sasuke. But I am going to still stick with Tsukuyomi, 'cause its a reusable book of moon as mentioned by Nace. Besides I'm only squeezing in this baby when I'm playing with Mystic Swordsman.

Doods, Jay just gave me a link to the latest translation for The Lost Millennium. I will proberly put up the link and file here instead of opening a new topic. Take note that the translation are only 70% complete.

Thanks to Spikes and Baron for these translation

Damn. You beat me to the Spoiler list posting. Alwell, it doesn't matter. The deck looks fine. I can't think of any suggestions right now though.

PS- Say I to Jay for me and tell him to come back

Edit: Can you give me an up-to-date Apprentice Patch please?

Banned

Hane Kuriboh seems nice. Opponent attacks and destroys it, and it's a Waboku. [Obligatory bullshit]And it's Light[/OBS]

Antique might squeeze into a stall/Burn deck, or against one. Risk some damage so they can't stop you outside of Monsters. And Gear Beast is just one step up. Strong attack, only lvl 6, Mini-HaDes effect, and the good ol Magic/Trap denial.
    Golems not horrible, but it belongs in an Antique Gear deck. Tramples amazing with 3000 ATK, but do you really wanna risk no special summon AND two tributes? Too tough to get out.

Monk Fighter is too good to be true. Probably still destroyed normally...Master Monks not terrible, but it's essentially Airknight with a pre-req monster, no draw, and no trample.

Survivors good for anti-DD Warrior Lady. Another reason Exiled Force is better

Token Meat Festival might be a good card if your opponent spams the hell out of Scapegoat. Set up 4 Goats, destroy them and do 1200 damage.

Nitro combos well with Ring of Destruction. Slap Nitro on a Black Luster, opponent attacks, you flip Ring of D., and do 6000 to your opponent. Nitro will probably be one of those Burn only or "Fun but useful" cards though.

Jay is not coming back. Do not encourage him too, either. We really do not need anymore problems with people having multiple account and causing trouble under them.