Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: {Game} Who's That Trainer? Version 5: now with stamps and CCPs! {MA}

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default {Game} Who's That Trainer? Version 5: now with stamps and CCPs! {MA}

Versions 1 through 5 posted by Lady Vulpix and approved by Wolfsong.
    Workers (in alphabetical order): andyizcool, Cheesey, Lady Vulpix, Wolfsong.

This game is aimed mainly for people who are into adopted and captured pokemon, but if you're not and you want to play, you're welcome to do it (only it will probably be harder for you to guess).

This is how it works: the workers will post sets (groups of adopted or captured pokemon belonging to a trainer), quotes (from the Battle Range, official tournaments like the Dragon Games, the Crystal Caves Battledome and the Eevee House), and clues (general information about a particular trainer). When I say trainers I refer to TPM members who have adopted or captured pokemon. Each clue, each quote and each set belongs to a trainer (trainers may or may not be repeated).

Each set guessed correctly will award the person who guessed it 1 stamp/CCP. Each quote will award 2 stamps/CCPs, and each clue will award 3 stamps/CCPs. A new stamp or CCP will be added every 2 days to the reward for each set, quote or clue that hasn't been guessed within that period.

There's also another important rule. If one of the trainers is you, you're not allowed to guess that one. This game tests how well you know others, not yourself.

You can start guessing now. I hope you enjoy this game!

Sets:

Set #1 (adopted): Dragonite, Charmander, Skitty, Poochyena.
    Set #2 (captured): Lunatone, Octillery, Sneasel, Tyranitar.
    Set #3 (captured): Donphan, Feebas, Absol, Bayleef.
    Set #4 (adopted): Bagon, Swablu, Kirlia, Treecko.

Quotes:

Quote #1 (CC Battle Arena): "Feeling a flow of triumph unlike anything previous battles had given me, I managed to pull of a decent landing, in front of everyone, as they smiled at me.

I was strangely aware of my body, of my heart pounding, of the static still crackling through my muscles, of my feathers ruffling in the wind."

Quote #2 (DT Battle Range): "Diablo didn’t look angry, nor did he look disappointed. He looked neutral. “Go then. But if I ever see you again, I cannot ensure either you or your trainer’s safety.” He turned around and retreated into the darkness."

Quote #3 (CC Battle Arena): "I couldn’t hear what he had muttered but I assumed that it had been torment because of the expression on the breloom’s face when it tried to use iron tail again and it couldn’t. It said something obscene but luckily I had expected it and had my vines plugged into Aiko’s ears or she might have learned a new word."

Quote #4 (DT Battle Range): "No but don't worry, I know he can seem stubon or stupid sometimes but he's a good guy, and he might even eventually remember to give you some food by himself, but I can take care of that, besides you don't seem quite comfortable there, being thrown through a toilet inside your pokeball must have been very traumatic, but that's something all of us have to go through eventually...well maybe not but, well...will you come with us?..."

Clues:

Clue #1: This trainer has a Mr. Mime who knew Reaper the Salamence when she was a Bagon.
    Clue #2: This trainer grew up in an orphanage in Lothern, Eataine.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote 2, I think, is classy cat.

Clue 1 is Chris/Cheesey.

The rest, I don't know.

If I get it right, I'd like stamps, please.

EDIT: And Quote 4 is Kerel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Administrator

All 3 answers are right. You can have 7 stamps.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Is set three *Murkrow or hannah?
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yes it is, Amy. =) You can have 1 Stamp/CCP.

Is Quote #3 Amy/Wolfsong?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yes you are right about quote #3 here are 2 stamps/CCPs

I'll take my stamp/ccp as a stamp
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Update

Sets:

Set #1 (adopted): Dragonite, Charmander, Skitty, Poochyena.
    Set #2 (captured): Lunatone, Octillery, Sneasel, Tyranitar.
    Set #4 (adopted): Bagon, Swablu, Kirlia, Treecko.
    Set #5 (adopted): Kabuto, Ditto, Aron, Growlithe.

Quotes:

Quote #1 (CC Battle Arena): "Feeling a flow of triumph unlike anything previous battles had given me, I managed to pull of a decent landing, in front of everyone, as they smiled at me.

I was strangely aware of my body, of my heart pounding, of the static still crackling through my muscles, of my feathers ruffling in the wind."

Quote #5 (CC Battle Arena): "His black form ripped free from the ground; plummeting, I spiralled, caught him in the side and flung him away, before stalling and hovering awkwardly over the ground.
    Staggering up, he glared across at me, raised a paw.
    Then toppled onto his side."

Quote #6: (DT Battle Range): "Then came the meeting... the Dragon's Guild hadn't called the Dragon Tamers for a meeting for over 2 years, so I couldn't help but be suspicious about it. The man who talk to us was unknown to me, yet for some reason he creeped me out. Still, I did my best to stay calm and reflect on his words. I didn't know what to make of them."

Quote #7 (DT Battle Range): "Ever since her recent evolution, things seemed to keep slotting into place. Her new-found powers gave her twice the scope to pry, which delighted the Alakazam no end. And her increased brain capacity allowed her much greater coordination. Suddenly she found it possible to create double the dishes, her hands making one thing and another being prepared by her telekinetic powers."

Clues:

Clue #3: This trainer has a Marrill who loves ice-cream.
    Clue #4: This trainer left last year and returned later on, obtaining pokemon such as Skarmory and Miltank.
    Clue #5: This trainer's teams all share one type in common.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Clue #5 is aragornbird. Quote #7 is AntiAsh Superstar. Clue #4 is DarkPrince the Dark Knight. Stamps plz. ^_^

EDIT: And I think Clue #3 is also AntiAsh Superstar.
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yep, those are all right, Jeff. 8 Stamps for you. Although you're making me wonder as to whether I've made these too easy or not. =P

Edit: Yes, your edit is also correct. Make that 11 Stamps for you.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

They're not too easy... the Party Thread at TL makes me know who belongs to who.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Is Set: 1 Meowth Kitten, Set: 2 Moonlight Espeon and Set: 4 Darkfire? I'll also guess Set: 3 as Charizard04621 because the Pokémon fit even though they're captured, not adopted. Can't think of anyone who has an adopted Kirlia.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yes Hannah, you got them all right, although I'm not sure how I managed to mess up Karin's set and say it was adopted instead of captured. O_o; I guess it was just because it was late for me when I was searching for the sets. I'll be sure not to do that again.

*hands Hannah 4 Stamps/CCPs*

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I just realized... Quote #6 is Gabi/Lady Vulpix.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yes, it is. I'll just assume that you want 2 Stamps, even though you didn't specify. =P

I'll update what we have left, but I won't update properly right now, because I want a better chance of being able to guess things.

Quotes:

Quote #5 (CC Battle Arena): "His black form ripped free from the ground; plummeting, I spiralled, caught him in the side and flung him away, before stalling and hovering awkwardly over the ground.

Clues:

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You would be assuming correctly.

EDIT: Quote #1 is *Murkrow.

Administrator

Yes, it is. 2 more stamps for you.

Sets:

Set #6 (adopted): Charmander, Scyther, Eevee, Lapras.
    Set #7 (captured): Charmander, Growlithe, Flareon, Torchic.
    Set #8 (adopted): Umbreon, Kadabra, Wartortle, Eevee.

Quotes:

Quote #8 (DT Battle Range): "I returned my attention to my punching bag. I shut my eyes and focused my energy; when I opened my eyes, a duplicate of me was standing next to me. I felt a little drained, but I was pleased to know that the Substitute had gone off without a hitch. I concentrated again, but this time, an aura of energy surrounded my clone and me. The aura flew into the air and formed into the shape of a small dragon, which proceeded to breathe a stream of flame onto the bunching bag. The bag bruised a bit, but didn’t catch on fire."

Clues:

Clue #6: This trainer has the Lord of the photocopies of the Dragon's Guild constantly trying to flirt with her.
    Clue #7: This trainer joined Team Rocket before joining the Dragon Tamers.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Is Clue #6 Soo..? It's just a hunch, but I think I remember seeing her mention something about photocopies and the Dragon's Guild at the same time once. If I am right, I'd like my winnings to be in Stamps, please.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Set 6: Charizard04621
    Set 7: LightNinetales
    Set 8: The Missing Link

Stamps for any I get right.

Administrator

Cheesey and Hannah get 3 stamps each. Nice job!

As for Quote 5... is it Hannah (*Murkrow)? Stamps if I'm right, please.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yes Gabi, it is. *hands over 2 Stamps* I'm tired and chances are that if I update I'll make a glaring mistake, so I won't. =P

Clue #2 is Cheesey, and I claim my reward in stamps (which will apply for every time I post in here coz I never did dare even try the captees thing owing to the fact that adoptees occupy enough of my time as it is!). =P

ANTIASH SUPERSTAR
    The 21st Century Manachu Boy

I'm not even angry; I'm being so sincere right now
    Even though you broke my heart and killed me
    And tore me to pieces and threw every piece into a fire
    As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line
    And we're out of beta, we're releasing on time
    So I'm GLaD I got burned, think of all the things we learned for the people that are still alive!

Administrator

You can have the 3 stamps. And in my case it's almost the same, only that I have some captees and train them at the Battle Tower. I'd never get to use it if I had to wait until someone could challenge my Adoptees... Amy will eventually, but not very often. I haven't battled Talut, Blazer or Kovu for ages, and Iael doesn't need a level increase right now.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

is clue #7 darkfire? stamps if correct. I'll try to see if i can get a halfway decent update even if i am tired
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I'm including clue 7 in here as i guess darkfire for it but don't know if i'm correct and i couldn't really think of any clues X.x Sorry and i think i am gonna go to bed soon

Sets:

Set #9 (adopted): Absol, Meowth, Eevee, Ponyta.
    Set #7 (captured): Larvitar, Jolteon, Flareon, Absol.
    Set #8 (adopted): Espeon, Stantler, Charizard, Vaporeon.

Quotes:

Quote #8 (DT Battle Range): "I returned my attention to my punching bag. I shut my eyes and focused my energy; when I opened my eyes, a duplicate of me was standing next to me. I felt a little drained, but I was pleased to know that the Substitute had gone off without a hitch. I concentrated again, but this time, an aura of energy surrounded my clone and me. The aura flew into the air and formed into the shape of a small dragon, which proceeded to breathe a stream of flame onto the bunching bag. The bag bruised a bit, but didn’t catch on fire."

Quote #9 (CC Battle Arena): "I smirked to myself and launched myself at him, striking him with multiple Quick Attacks. He tried to strike at me, but blinded as he was, his attempts failed. He laid down and I saw his attempt to use Rest. I couldn’t let him do that, as I would lose my advantage. I leaped to his face and fired an Ember into his injuries, sending pain through his body. The shock of the burning sensation kept him awake, making his attempt at recovery fail. "

Clues:

Clue #7: This trainer joined Team Rocket before joining the Dragon Tamers.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Is Set #8 Gabi? If it is, I'd like a Stamp. I'lll be taking everything in stamps, actually, until I can get 2000 and get any item for life. That'll be a while though. x_x

The real Shonta Moderator

Set #7 is Amy. I'll take my reward in Stamps if I'm right.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Administrator

Sorry for the delay. Your guess is correct, Amy. And I assume the next 2 guesses are correct too, though we'll have to wait for those who posted the respective sets to confirm it.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Set 8 is Gabi but Set 7 is not me ^^;
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Is Set 7 Cheesey?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yes, Set 7 was Cheesey
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Administrator

Sets:

Set #10 (captured): Larvitar, Umbreon, Espeon, Mightyena.

Quotes:

Quote #9 (CC Battle Arena): "I smirked to myself and launched myself at him, striking him with multiple Quick Attacks. He tried to strike at me, but blinded as he was, his attempts failed. He laid down and I saw his attempt to use Rest. I couldn’t let him do that, as I would lose my advantage. I leaped to his face and fired an Ember into his injuries, sending pain through his body. The shock of the burning sensation kept him awake, making his attempt at recovery fail. "

Quote #10 (DT Battle Range): "This place is so isolated that no common folk would think of exploring around here. Nor would any of the evils of Nagarythe think to look right under their noses for hidden booty. They'd assume this area's already been looted. Besides, why do you think the Gates are there in the first place? As long as something is on the correct side of the border it's quite safe from most of the dangers in the Shadowlands. But that's as maybe."

Clues:

Clue #8: This trainer, who has recently joined the Dragon's Guild, is now looking for a new place to live, since his village has been burnt out by Reaper.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Is Clue #8 Jeff/TheBlueAvenger?

The real Shonta Moderator

Set #10 could be Amy. Quote #10 could be AntiAsh Superstar. Stamps if I'm right.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Administrator

3 stamps for Chris and another 3 for Shonta.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote 9 is Darkfire. EDIT: For stamps.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Sets:

Set #11 (adopted): Kangaskhan, Wooper, Jolteon, Meowth.
    Set #12 (captured): Butterfree, Vaporeon, Growlithe, Vulpix.
    Set #13 (captured): Cradily, Blissey, Meowth, Scizor.
    Set #14 (adopted): Smeargle, Charmander, Pikachu, Larvitar.

Quotes:

Quote #9 (CC Battle Arena) [UNCONFIRMED]: "I smirked to myself and launched myself at him, striking him with multiple Quick Attacks. He tried to strike at me, but blinded as he was, his attempts failed. He laid down and I saw his attempt to use Rest. I couldn’t let him do that, as I would lose my advantage. I leaped to his face and fired an Ember into his injuries, sending pain through his body. The shock of the burning sensation kept him awake, making his attempt at recovery fail. "

Quote #11 (DT Battle Range): After the whole Porygon incident things began to change. Pyro and Todd took Ashley to the Central Station at Caledor so that Ashley could catch a train to whereever Warren and all of his old friends were. I was wondering what about Ashley’s life in the Porygon Mountain place – but that’s one of the things that happens in the world of pokemon. Things are dropped, plans are never made, nobody gives a crap about schooling any more, you can have thirteen year olds living in houses and managing big families without a job.

Clues:

Clue #9: This trainer left Ulthuan in the middle of a tournament without much warning whatsoever.
    Clue #10: This trainer has a pokemon who loves a human trainer (literally).

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote #9 was indeed darkfire. *hands over hte stamps*

Is set#12 gabi?
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yes it is, Amy. *hands over 1 Stamp/CCP*

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Set 11: LightNinetales
    Set 13: Jay

Clue 9: Danny
    Clue 10: Soo

Stamps for any right.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

You got Sets 11 and 13 right, Hannah. You also got Clue 10 correct, but not Clue 9, sorry. I don't think Danny left in the middle of a tournament.

*hands over 5 Stamps*