Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Things ON THE INTERNET that Piss You Off

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Little Things ON THE INTERNET that Piss You Off

Inspired by the fifth incarnation of the picture thread, this is the place to bitch and moan about the denizens of the intarweb.

Here's a few:

People who sign their posts: We know your stupid name, it's RIGHT NEXT TO THE POST. I guess for the more retarded posters it's useful, but hey, isn't that the point of a signature? TO SIGN THE POST? Redundancy is one thing, but compounded redundancy of this nature boggles the mind.

Large Signatures: It's supposed to be a small blimp to add a bit more personality to you. Maybe throw in a bit of useful information or wit. We don't need to know your favorite people, movies, music, crabs, politicians, and so on. I don't give a rat's ass which pervert you have fallen for recently and how you managed to tie it in to some shitty anime. I also don't need a decent conversation broken up by the same emo lyrics over and over. I think MY signature is pushing it in terms of size, to give you an idea of what I find is a "good size".

Young(er) People: Nothing like some preteen who can't handle this nerd utopia. This recent generation is trying to muscle in on our terf, with their constant AIM sessions and LiveJournals. The internet isn't going to be some high school drama, kid. We've put too much blood, sweat, and goatse into this place for you to screw it up. So quit boo-hooing at every flame and quit dredging up a basic "it" list for every shitty topic to make a thread on. It really just eats me up inside when a thread dies because the millionth crybaby can't take the heat. If you don't like it, I hear the real world is mighty nice this time of year.

Smileys: How lazy are we? Real lazy. So lazy we can't even take the time to establish mood and emotion in our writing. We have to rely on a plethora of pre-made pixel arrangments to speak of our mood. Okay, I understand that time is short and a quick....SHIT. I can't even find the normal smiley. I had to look at the or and the before realizing that the BASIC SMILEY ISN'T EVEN ON THE QUICK LIST NEXT TO ME. And better yet, right below me as I make this thread is 50 or so inane pictures to stick next to my thread name. I'm at a lost for words hear. And I don't need to stick a to let you know that.

Oh, and if you post "Raz", "Polls about internet things" or whatever, I already ruined your lameass attempt at a joke. You could stand to be more creative anyways.

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Razola
    Oh, and if you post "Raz", "Polls about internet things" or whatever, I already ruined your lameass attempt at a joke. You could stand to be more creative anyways.
    What if they're serious and telling the truth?

Anyway...

-People who get offended on the internet easily.

-People who overuse old running gags and **** them up, making them not seem cool anymore.

-People who try to be cool by pretending to use the Japanese names of characters from games that were made there first, just to sound "old-school".

-Unfunny people who try really hard to be witty, and make themselves look pathetic.

-People who say "This is the internet" to win every arguement.

-Corrupt moderators at places I care about.

-The fact that there was a similar topic in Misc. Well... fine, if this one's limited to internet.

-When I acceidentally sign my post twice while editing. It's like a goddamn impulse when I'm typing in a message board field to end with "~Zak" at the end. Hell, I bet if I was on a gimmick account, I wouldn't survive very long.

~Zak

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm the only person who does that that you've never said anything about it. You've said it to Tainted, Grey, Jay Umbreon... why am I singled out.

Also, depending how this turns out, I can't promise it's staying open.
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

Banned

Raz's things annoy me as well, although I have been guilty for having a large sig before.
    hate it when people bring religion into a non religious debate.
    I hate it when people bring politics into a non political debate.
    I hate people.
    I hate downloading a mis-titled song. It isn't that hard to tell the difference between Aerosmith and Guns N Roses, folks.
    I also hate people that say "this is the internet. I'm never going to meet these people, I'll lie through my teeth. It's not like it matters."
    I also hate people that say "OMG, that's not what you would say if you met me IRL."
    I also hate people that post pictures that they say are of themselves, but obviously aren't. Hey, Internet, I can admit that I'm ugly, why can't you?
    I also hate people with horribly unimaginitive monikers, such as "bizketfan1337" or "pogeymanzleet1337". If you have to add numbers on the end (other than an ICQ handle), might want to re-think your handle.
    I hate people that are elitist.
    I hate the person that's going to post after me and call me a hypocrite. I never said I loved myself, did I?

Blame of Absence: Cancer Honorary Moderator

Me signing my post is a bit differant because I use my real name, not my user name. Stop trying to go all goon on my ass-- they have the same fetish with yelling at signers over at SA too.

I too don't like massive signatures. My rule is if it takes up half of my screen it's too damn big. My biggest pet peeve:

Fat Nerdy People
    I say fat nerdy people, because they are generally those who think that because they're on the internet they can act like a total dick to others because of that bully that stole their lunch money in grade five, and that dick that used to beat him up and verbally harass him, and that chick that would never go near his fat sausage.

The internet is like reverse life. All of the nerds have power, and the few that aren't total geeks in real life are looked down upon and laughed at. Oh well, I suppose you can only be the king of one world. Teehee. *insert tongue smiley or something*

Adieu,
    Zak Hunter

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

You guys pretty much took some of my better reasons.

~Fanboys/fangirls
    ~Trolls
    ~Morons who go on and brag about their relationships in sigs, titles, avatars, etc.
    ~People who decide to brag about things that don't really matter. (not pointing out anybody...)
    ~Flame Wars that are the result of something petty.
    ~Smilies. Though I can occasionaly tolerate text smilies such as o_o or ^^
    ~Flash
    ~Chain mail
    ~Spam
    ~Pop-ups
    ~Other basic crap.

...I'm not dead yet!

~ Chain Mail (there is one good chain letter, EVER, and it was bagging chain letters)
    ~ People who are 'holier than thou'
    ~ Self proclaimed 'pros'
    ~ Greedy People in World of Warcraft/Diablo II
    ~ Maddox wannabe's
    ~ People with forum gimmicks (Bjarni being a prime example)
    One more round; one more low.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted
    Fat Nerdy People
    I say fat nerdy people, because they are generally those who think that because they're on the internet they can act like a total dick to others because of that bully that stole their lunch money in grade five, and that dick that used to beat him up and verbally harass him, and that chick that would never go near his fat sausage.
    No, we fully encourage everyone to be dicks. It's more fun that way.

I hate people who think their opinion is the word of God and won't listen to anything that somehow negates their opinion. This relates to religion threads, sexuality, politics, etc.. I have no problem with people having opinions, but once they start to get over-protective that's when I get pissed off at them.

I hate people who get offended too easily, and by 'too easily' I mean- I hate people who get offended by anything on the web- This is the internet for love of God, who cares what a person sitting next to a screen 914781928 miles from you says about you or your looks/beliefs, you'll probably never meet him/her so what the hell does any of this shit matter.. I also hate people who get offended over any little thing in real life, but that's a different story.

I hate unfunny retards- Spam/flames/trolling could be done in a way that is entertaining and thus making said posts not really pointless, since they have the potential to be interesting and funny. However, people who spam and are not funny should be shot, since their posts really are annoying.

I hate people who tend to be over-enthusiastic about telling everyone how great their real life is. I'm afraid I was once like this also. Yes, knowing that you are in a forum filled with nerds who probably never got a date or experienced any of those other things in life that supposedly makes you "cool" like drugs or alcohol or whatever certainly does make it inciting to ramble on about how great your life is compared to theirs and rub it in their face, but mostly it's just annyoing cause no one cares so shut the **** up.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

~You
    ~Oh, and friends lists in peoples signatures.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Neopets Ripoffs
    Neopets is popular. Subeta is popular because they didn't copy completely from neopets. However, Nutrinopets, Monopets, and you other crappy wannabes PISS ME OFF.

l33tspeak
    IT ISN'T COOL. It is so friggin' annoying to be surfing the net and then see "my Blaziken PWNS j00!" and other miscellaneous crap.

People who misspell EVERY FRIGGIN' WORD!!!
    *twitch twitch* This just goes with out saying. USE A FRIGGIN' SPELLCHECKER if you think you might have misspelled a bunch of stuff. I'm polite enough to edit my post if I misspelled something, but if I read a post and see "i pased bye my frends windo", I'm gonna get pissed off!

I'm back.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

this crap was expressed in the "Things that piss you off thread"

lol.

uh, retards on the intarweb piss me off.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

-People that complain too much.
    -People who act tough on the internet.
    -Hypocrites that say people shouldn't be angry over shit on the internet, but they get angry at those people themselves.

I guess I'm guilty of all three, though.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus
    this crap was expressed in the "Things that piss you off thread"

lol.

uh, retards on the intarweb piss me off.
    Yeah but this is just internet stuff, and not stuff in general

~ Large signatures. I'd rather spend my time reading a thread than reading a signature.
    ~ Most assholes. People who act like asses for the sake of it bug me, I don't really mind the natural ones :P
    ~ Mind-numbingly bad typists. I don't mind using some internet shorthand but when it's filled with every possible shortcut you could ever possibly fit in there it's just ridiculous.
    ~ People who think they're cool and hilarious. When they're not.
    ~ People who fill their posts with smilies. I used to do that, but I don't any more. I've realised it's stupid, after all, to put a smiley after every single thing you type.

I'll edit stuff in once I think of more, heh

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesey
    ~ People who think they're cool and hilarious. When they're not.
    *raises hand*

I'm back.

Banned

-people who make posts like the one above mine
    -april fools jokes, like to the extent done on slashdot

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hmm... well, given this thread in the last day, I think as of now it'd be better suited in Misc, since it's turning into more of a discussion than a poll, with the quoting, as well as replying more than once. Usually polls are replied to once and edited, but this seems more of the "post again if you think of more" type of thread. I'll emphasize "ON THE INTERNET" because of the other thread... yeah, it's dead, but whatever.

-Anyone who questions this decision.

EDIT: die poll tag
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

Master Trainer

threads like this one
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Banned

-people who post pointless shit, like "threads like this one" without even making an attempt to be humorous or post about what's at hand.
    And Raz already beat you to the punch.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I originally wanted this to be in Misc anyways.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by PBuG
    l33tspeak
    IT ISN'T COOL.
    yes it is

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I dislike people who declare themselves things, like sex symbols and whatnot. I mean, you can think what you want, but that doesn't make it true nor should you act like it is. Right, Tainted?

Seriously though, just complete morons bother me. The ones that can access the internet, but can't seem to utilize it. You know, the ones that want you to help them with their report because they can't seem to figure out how to fucking use google.
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Adonis
    I dislike people who declare themselves things, like sex symbols and whatnot. I mean, you can think what you want, but that doesn't make it true nor should you act like it is. Right, Tainted?
    One can think they're a great mod just doing their job, too, but that doesn't make it true.

You're just jealous :p

Adieu,
    Zak Hunter

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted
    One can think they're a great mod just doing their job, too, but that doesn't make it true.

You're just jealous :p

Adieu,
    Zak Hunter
    Trust me, I have no problem getting women. Anyway, I was just joking, hence the next paragraph beginning with "Seriously though." Also, I don't think I am a good mod. I am just told that by other people, like Chris.

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

One thing that annoys me is people who post things like "mods, feel free to close or move this". Really, do they need your explicit permission to do their job?

Banned

sometimes, it's different - IE, your topic has been fucked over, and now you're the object of ridicule or something, or your point's been completely turned around.

-I hate people like me, that always have to be literal.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

-Whiny people here
    -People who get UPSET over the internet
    -An overabundance of "depressing threads"
    -People who try to appear smart when they are really not.(Of course this wouldn't apply to ANYONE here....Sarcasm)
    -People who are over religious and post crap about how Harry Potter or Pokemon is evil.

I would post more....but I'm incredibly lazy. You're right it is hell to look up a smilie.
    Random Mark Twain Saying

"Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. Ah, but I repeat myself."

Epic as Usual Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Well, I try not to let anything piss me off on the internet. I mean, it doesn't effect me personally, does it? There is really nothing we can do to change the world from here, so we might as well be nice to eachother.

*thinks reeeaaally hard*

Perverts.

Internet perverts annoy me, especially the male ones because they are generally more agressive than the females. And the worst bit is you can't sock them through your computer screen, where as in real life you CAN threaten to castrate them and mean it.

*sighs*

Little things like 1337 sp34k, large-ish sigs, personally signs at the ends of posts, etc. are too minor to bother me.
    Elrond rambled.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Elrond

Internet perverts annoy me, especially the male ones because they are generally more agressive than the females. And the worst bit is you can't sock them through your computer screen, where as in real life you CAN threaten to castrate them and mean it.
    Oh yeah, that's not at all a feminazi rant <.<

-People who act like their gender/race/type of person is perfect. I.e "Oh women/blacks/canadians/gays/hockey players/guys named Bob are flawless. While men/whites/americans/straights/football players/guys named Joe are evil and horrible"

-People who talk big on the internet and brag about shit they'd never do in real life. "I like being offline because then I can buy a 12-gauge shotgun, go to their house, murder their family and then force an apology before I shoot them." when they mean "I'd go home and type online about how I'd make a threat of physical violence that the police will not find brave or humorous and take very seriously".

-And to prove I'm not veiling any sort of hidden flame - Agent Elrond

Cloyster Moderator

1337$p34k - it's almsot incomprehensible at times
    cht spk lol!!! - just as anoying

Both of those make people look like immature kids, no you are not cool because you say teh, you just look like you can't spell "the".

Overuse of smileys - one is enough, to attach to a sentence or paragraph in order to convey emotion. But when someone puts 10,000 of them after every thing they say, that's seriously annoying.

When people type in an Excessivley large font through their entire post.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Master Trainer

Moderators with rotten attitudes.
    And I am not pointing a finger at Ravin Adonis.

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Magmar
    Moderators with rotten attitudes.
    And I am not pointing a finger at Ravin Adonis.
    It's Raven, sweetey.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Elrond
    Perverts.

Now if a male had said something about female perverts in RL this would have been replaced with a rant to said male about him being a fascist, chauvanist, child raping, woman hating pig.
    One more round; one more low.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon-IH
    Now if a male had said something about female perverts in RL this would have been replaced with a rant to said male about him being a fascist, chauvanist, child raping, woman hating pig.
    Welcome to reality, Mr. Straight White Male.

Adieu,
    Zak Hunter

Here goes:

Mods who take part in debates and then close the topic after getting the last say in.
    People who claim to have a great job, a big car, a beautiful girlfriend and have a 3rd dan black belt in some form of martial arts, despite the fact they seem to be online all day posting away at forums and playing MMORPGs.
    People who follow up poorly spelled or grammared posts with something along the lines of: "OMG learn to spell, moron."
    1337 sp33k.

EDIT: Removed one of my hates as people would probably take it the wrong way.
    Metallix
    Gonnae no dae that?

Epic as Usual Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

TMM: I'm not refering to you when I complain about perverts, so I really don't see why you have to take this so personally. I'm also not complaining about men in general, just the select few who, aside from being pervertedly askew, are often also complete jerks. It's the two combined that really get me anyway. *shrugs*

Leon-IH: That's fair enough.

I am the Feminazi Art Gestapo: make a wrong move and I shall POKE YOU WITH THE SOFT CUSHIONS! *diabolical laughter*

Anyway, one thing that does not piss me off, but does generally annoy me, are people who take things on the internet too personally.

I mean, it's not really about you, is it?
    Elrond rambled.

Banned

-l337sp33k When used frequently.
    -Monkeys.
    -Double-standards (e.g, Leon IH's examples)
    -Monkeys
    -Fanboys, especially OLD fanboys that bash everything that was released within the last five years.
    -Monkeys
    -Annoying religious morons
    -Annoying atheist morons
    Did I mention monkeys?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I hate people who talk the biggest load of crap on message boards, it really irritates me to see so much worthless shit all in one place...that happens a lot here to be honest. People have these 1 on 1 convos in topics and it's the biggest heap of junk. It melts my head to say the least.

I don't like people on the internet who are so far up other members' holes that it's unbelieveable.

I don't mind people being sarcastic because at times it can be funny but sometimes their life is just one sarcasmo-fest...others just seem plain boring all the time.

I hate people who never eff up about other members. I don't care if you hate water pokemon master or the muffin man, piss off and flame them on AIM...don't bore me with constant rants and comments about each other here.

That's just a couple of things I've observed.
    Silver Ledian
    - Former Moderator of Polls, Clubs and Games -
    - ............ ............ -

Banned

-people who hate monkeys without reason
    -people that over generalize ("I hate all *!" "All * is horrible!" "Don't bother wasting your time with *")
    -comments like "Oh this means war....Prepare to be invaded by hamsters." I don't mind nonsensicality, in fact, I'm a huge proponent. I just think it should be funny.

Banned

topics like that

and most internet fads and slangs

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

how do i shot web