Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most musically sound song? (poll)

Banned

Default Re: Most musically sound song? (poll)

Quote Originally Posted by Silv
    I actually thought Billy's voice was the best part of it all. The thing is, it DOES fit. I try to picture other singers, any singer I know of, singing that song, and it would just be killed. Billy Corgan doesn't have a typical voice. It's neither deep, nor whiny. Vibrant, nor dull. It's just Billy Corgan. Songs like that, by the Smashing Pumpkins, could never be covered, because his voice is too trademark. I try to picture some of my favorite singers...David Bowie, Thom Yorke, Matthew Bellamy, Trent Reznor, Robert Smith, singing this song. It just wouldn't work. Not because they're better or worse, but because they wouldn't fit.

Meh...just my personal preference. Billy Corgan isn't known for having a beloved voice, but it's different without sounding ridiculus, like say, that freak from Coheed and Cambria (seriously, what is up with that guy's voice?). And I'd take his voice any day over those typical lead-singer whiny voices from Simply Plan, Brand New, Blink 182 or Story of the Year. Now THEY make my ears bleed.
    Good taste in music dude. NIN, Muse, Radiohead, and Bowie are all some of my favorite artists. The Cure and The Smashing Pumpkins are great, too. Don't diss Brand New or Coheed and Cambria, though. They actually have talent. They definitely don't belong with the others.[/offtopic]

If a song isn't "musically sound", I'm probably not going to listen to it. Why listen to music that doesn't have a diverse sound. It should have at least Guitar, Drums, Bass, and Vocals, and keyboards and piano are practically essential, too. I guess I would have to go with Motion Picture Soundtrack by Radiohead. The organ and harp and everything else just sounds great together.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusilla
    Eleanor Rigby is bloody awesome.

Manhattan Project and Time Stand Still, both by Rush, would definately be on my list. I'm going to use Time Stand Still for my senior video.
    Time Stand Still is *AWESOME*. Probably my favourite Rush song.

Symphony X are great, too.

My votes go to Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, by Dream Theater, And Then There Was Silence by Blind Guardian, and Kinetic by Arcturus.

Im a Believer by the Monkees is an awesome track though i actually prefer the Version done by British Comedians Reeves and Mortimer.
    Its more Rock, more life and just more Fun. Its the version that gave rise to the clubland audience participation too (ie 'I thought love was only true in fairy tales'*bang bang bang OI!"')
    If youve never heard the version then its pretty much the version Donkey sings at the end of Shrek. Infact it is that version so Shrek nicked it.

Its just a song that makes me smile and if you ever get the chance, perform it on a Kareoke Machine. It just gets everyone going.

I tend to prefer songs that just wake me up and cheer people up. The Blues Brothers do this to me. Mainly 'Twisting/Shake your Tailfeather' and 'Everybody Needs somebody to Love'. Two great songs that just lift everything when you hear them.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

anything off of Pet Sounds. period. no doubt about it.

also all off of the Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (Flaming Lips).

and most Wilco tracks, anyways. a lot of their unreleased stuff is pure brilliance. too bad they never release them, so i have to track them down myself =|.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House