Thread: All Glory to the Hypno-toad (Futurama related)

Default All Glory to the Hypno-toad (Futurama related)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotfuturama.com
    TALK ABOUT FUTURAMA DIRECT TO DVD
    Good news, everyone?

Over the last week, several sources from within the animation business have indicated to us that there is renewed talk at FOX about bringing fresh Futurama content directly to DVD. We corroborated this with other sources close to the show before publishing the information.

The talk is of course still in a preliminary stage. Options reported to us include one or more Futurama movies in case of a go-ahead.

Even though Futurama is not sure to return and the likelihood of its return is currently unknown, this is the first time in the past few years that we have heard of Futurama being discussed at the upper levels of FOX. They'll likely have a good look at the sales of the upcoming Futurama Monster Robot Maniac Fun Collection.

As soon as we get more information on the Direct to DVD story, we'll let you know right here.
    Source: Here

This is awesome. Hopefully Fox decides to go with it and bring us some new episodes. I doubt we'll see them on television because Fox is stubborn and doesn't like to admit when they've made a horrible mistake twice in a row; but it would be nice if maybe [adult swim] would pick them up. That would be great.
    -Grey

Banned

That's great news. I remember a while back when that site sent an online petition with thousands of signatures to Fox but I don't think it did anything. Hopefully the Futurama dvds will happen.

Cloyster Moderator

Awesome

I'd love to see Futurama make a comeback, with Family Guy already back, the world will be a better place once again...

Edit: speeling
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Would love to see it back.

Anyone know where we can see Family guy on tv in the uk?

I'm unable to track down when new Family Guy episodes air in the UK, but I did find something that was rather interesting on the creator, Seth MacFarlane.

Mr. MacFarlane, who has a contract with Fox that news reports have estimated at about $2.5 million for the two shows, acknowledged that he had led a charmed life. One moment still haunts him.

On Sept. 11, 2001, he was booked to fly from Boston to Los Angeles on American Airlines Flight 11. But his travel agent had mistakenly told him that the flight left at 8:15 a.m., not 7:45 a.m. "And I had a hangover from the night before," he said. He missed the flight, now notorious for its role in the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

Although shaken by his brush with death, Mr. MacFarlane said: "I think I still pretty much approach everything the same way. There are probably 100 close calls for all of us every year, and we don't even realize it."

He paused. "Maybe one day the whole thing will really hit me."

This calls for a tissue-tape parade!

-Grey
    -Grey

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Futurama had the ability to make me laugh and cry. It was a true cartoon sci-fi comedy soap opera (or whatever they used to call it).
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Adonis
    Futurama had the ability to make me laugh and cry. It was a true cartoon sci-fi comedy soap opera (or whatever they used to call it).
    I agree. I still cry when I see the episode with the dog. And I laugh at every other episode. Not to mention some of the best animation in a tv show ever.

for all seasons Moderator

The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings. More than enough reason for Futurama to come back.

It's funny, I didn't quite appreciate Futurama until it was gone. Afterward, it's become a daily viewing event, and it would be excellent for it to return. Or alternatively, a Dr. Zoidberg spinoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Banned

yeah would love to see futurama back,and a zoidberg spesh would rule!

hey arbiter where did you get those futurama anis from?

You mean these?

I'd like to say that I'd made 'em myself, but I have that stupid conscience. So I Google'd 'em.

-Grey
    -Grey

Banned

what did you type in?

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I suffer from a sexy learning disorder called... Kiff - *Sigh* Sexlexia....

Haha. I love futurama, and I've borrowed season 2 from my mate, and after watching the season 1 dvds I'm confused as to why the first 2 discs contain a variety of season 1 episodes... It makes no sense to me.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I still don't understand why would anyone take it off the air. If they do come out, there's no doubt I'll buy them.
    [Insertcreativeandcolorfulsignaturehere]

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"

Shedinja used Sandstorm!
    A sandstorm brewed!
    ---------------------------------
    The sandstorm rages.
    Suicune is buffeted by the sandstorm!
    Shedinja is buffeted by the sandstorm!
    Shedinja fainted! :rolleyes2
    XD