Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: ASB News [December 2016]

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Default Re: ASB News [February 2012]

Lolwut?! I didn't sign up for this! Every time I pop out a baby, you get a punch in the balls. Fair?

*shakes fist at ASB* You leave me no choice now...

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Uhh how is that fair? Im pretty sure a punch in the balls hurts less than a BABY EXPLODING OUT YOUR VAJAYJAY

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

This is why ASB is the best, we ASB-mods STICK TOGETHER! Boooooooooyah.

Maybe just a general ass kicking? I dunno. I'm working on it.

Either way, Muggles is my bitch, not the other way round XP

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Master Trainer

Prove it in battle! Once I get a slot free, we go hard.

ASB vs. RPG! THE BAAAAAATTLEEEEE OOOOOF THE CENTURYYYYYYYY!

Veteran Trainer

I'd hit it..err ref it. I'd ref it.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

I hope all my worthy ASB subjects shall come to support their king in this epic battle for justice and honor!

Carried away? NEVER!

Hey, some of those "worthy subjects" find their home in RPG. COME ON GIRLS AND BOYS. RPG FTW.

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Ten points on Misc..

Scratch that.

ALL points on Misc..

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Master Trainer

Fuck misc. ASB owns everything, raaaawr >D

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

FANFIC FOREVER!

Oh, I mean ... lovely ASB forum you folks have going on here ... eheheh ...

*runs*
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Master Trainer

You can run, but you can never hide Mr. Luper.. I shall see you in the near future, hehe.. hehe.. hehehahehehahehehahahahahahahahahmuhhahahhahahahah ahahahahahah-

*chokes*

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

You ... didn't ... see ... anyyythiiing ...
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Misc use to be awesome years ago when I was a mod and it was the drama forum. ASB use to be in the anime forum. I ignored it for years.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

April 2012
    ASB Newsletter

Hello, everyone, it's your favorite mod, Greyfox, here to tell you of the exciting new events that are coming into play in the coming few weeks! First off, I'd like to thank you all for powering through the slow current of the league. I know that it's nearing exam time again, and Spring Break can'tve possibly lasted forever. But we've got some things in store for you that'll be sure to keep you interested!
    Safari Zone
    The Safari Zone is going through a lot of changes, and I know we've been telling you all about them without showing them at all. I promise, though, that we'll be able to tell you about all that soon enough. On April 1st, the all-new Safari Zone will open its doors and shower you with craziness!
    Approval Tower
    Just like the Safari Zone is going through changes, so too will the Approval Tower. Gone is the way of the old system -- also starting April 1st, you will no longer be able to purchase pokemon from the tower! No-no, instead, you'll only be able to catch pokemon the old fashioned way: through the Safari Zone. Alternatively, there is also the Egg Shop, which will be going through some changes of its own as well!
    Egg Shop
    Speaking of the Egg Shop, it's been going through some revamping as well! Starting April 1st, you will be able to bring in a male and female pokemon of your choice, and, if they're compatible, you might just walk out with a new baby pokemon! Now, this might sound boring, but did I forget to mention that the father of this baby might just pass on any Move Tutor moves he's learned? Doesn't sound so boring now, does it?
    Tournament
    The P1 Grand Prix is winding down, but don't be alarmed, folks, a new one will be on its way soon enough! I'll be hosting it this time, so Darkly will finally have a chance to show us all what he's made of!
    ASB Awards
    It's that time of year again, folks, but the mod team might need some ideas. Feel free to let us know what you think should be celebrated in the Suggestion Topic!
    Newbies
    And finally, let's give a shout-out to our two newest members of the league: Dioscuri and BTPoke! You both will receive 2 points to do what you please! Be sure to link to this thread when updating your bank accounts!

That said, this month's ASB Newsletter has come to a close. Good luck to the battlers, and until next time--

-Grey
    -Grey

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    April 2012
    ASB Newsletter

Hello, everyone, it's your favorite mod, Greyfox, here to tell you of the exciting new events that are coming into play in the coming few weeks! First off, I'd like to thank you all for powering through the slow current of the league. I know that it's nearing exam time again, and Spring Break can'tve possibly lasted forever. But we've got some things in store for you that'll be sure to keep you interested!
    Safari Zone
    The Safari Zone is going through a lot of changes, and I know we've been telling you all about them without showing them at all. I promise, though, that we'll be able to tell you about all that soon enough. On April 1st, the all-new Safari Zone will open its doors and shower you with craziness!
    Approval Tower
    Just like the Safari Zone is going through changes, so too will the Approval Tower. Gone is the way of the old system -- also starting April 1st, you will no longer be able to purchase pokemon from the tower! No-no, instead, you'll only be able to catch pokemon the old fashioned way: through the Safari Zone. Alternatively, there is also the Egg Shop, which will be going through some changes of its own as well!
    Egg Shop
    Speaking of the Egg Shop, it's been going through some revamping as well! Starting April 1st, you will be able to bring in a male and female pokemon of your choice, and, if they're compatible, you might just walk out with a new baby pokemon! Now, this might sound boring, but did I forget to mention that the father of this baby might just pass on any Move Tutor moves he's learned? Doesn't sound so boring now, does it?
    Tournament
    The P1 Grand Prix is winding down, but don't be alarmed, folks, a new one will be on its way soon enough! I'll be hosting it this time, so Darkly will finally have a chance to show us all what he's made of!
    ASB Awards
    It's that time of year again, folks, but the mod team might need some ideas. Feel free to let us know what you think should be celebrated in the Suggestion Topic!
    Newbies
    And finally, let's give a shout-out to our two newest members of the league: Dioscuri and BTPoke! You both will receive 2 points to do what you please! Be sure to link to this thread when updating your bank accounts!

That said, this month's ASB Newsletter has come to a close. Good luck to the battlers, and until next time--

-Grey
    I see a lot of April 1st's on that list...

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: ASB News [April 2012 Issue]

When has ASB tricked you before?

Entertaining quotes!

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    When hasn't ASB tricked you before?

Fix'd
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Veteran Trainer

Lies. ASB hasn't tricked anyone when it came to changing parameters :O

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Well, I would sell the lot of you for a big bag of oatmeal, but that's just me

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Isn't it obvious which bit is the lie? Greyfox isn't our favourite moderator.

Veteran Trainer

XD RL wins the thread XD

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

It’s been a while, huh kids? DL’s FINALLY..COME BACK..TO WRITING THE AS NEWSLETTER! And man do we have a lot for you all to take in. So sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Safari Zone
    Yeah, this is the starting point. As of 5/6, that’s May 6th for you dyslexic folk, the Safari Zone will implement a slew of changes both internally and externally. This Newsletter will be your guide to it all-as well as the remodeled Safari Zone Tower that will go up in the B&T forum to help the transition.

As you head over there, you will notice there are a slew of new options to select from, and we hope that these new changes are met with ripe enthusiasm!

Safari Zone Modes:

Instead of the standard SZ zone trip, you now have the ability to tailor your trip in order to capture your coveted Pokemon. You may also stumble unto hidden lands not accessible in the standard Safari Zone modes! This should put a nice (and hopefully shorter) time in Zone length and action.

But we didn’t neglect the original Zone, no! There are a whopping 12 new areas to explore, each with their share of Pokemon! So buy some balls and go searching!

Safari Zone Housekeeping:

After this Newsletter goes up, there will be one important change. All currently stalled SZ's are to be discontinued. This includes if someone is hunting Legendaries down. This is to help make them available for the Speed Zone aspect.

If you are reffing older adventures still, then offer the option to change their Zones to Speed Zones if they feel that will be something they would prefer. If there is a change, let a Head Ref know so they can evaluate just how many posts they have. Otherwise, keep moving along if they are just happy with the current adventure.

Also, for all that have Pastures, access points are needed to be provided to all refs so people have a chance to get to them.

Bye bye Approval Tower
    So, what happens when the Approval Tower loses its ability to allow us to purchase Pokemon? Simple, it gets a whole less cluttered. You’ll still approve Pokemon there, so no worries.

Egg Shop
    Ahh the Egg shop. Which also sells Stones. Which now also doubles as a breeding center! That also was not a myth, as previously thought. You can bring in a female and Male Pokemon, and if the Male Pokemon knows any Move Tutored moves-that have a great chance to be passed down to said child. A great way to make personalized gifts for people.

Even better, it costs only 1 point day PER Pokemon until they have an egg. Egg laying can take between 1 and 3 days.

Contest
    Hey! Oslo, in all his magical wizardry, hosted a Contest in what might have been the fastest hosting time ever. Excellent work there, man.

Tournament
    Thanks to Grey, we have ourselves a captivating STABless Tournament. It’s still in the Semi-finals, with MlG and Rossymore battling it out to take on no one other than myself in the finals!

Gyms
    There comes a time when the Gym Leaders need to be rotated in order to keep up with the times. As it stands now, we are in the market for Gym Leaders to replace at least 1 spot in our ranks. So, now would be the grand time to announce that if you challenge a Gym Leader and win, you will be entered in a drawing to be chosen as the next newest Gym Leader. Alternatively, if you defeat 4 Gym Leaders, you have the option of outing the fourth Leader and replacing them-as per the original rules.

ASB Awards
    Oooh awards! I remember now. You all should come up with some of the most memorable and funny quotes you’ve heard this year so far…and stash them...so when the awards come around, we can definitely have a grand ol’ time.

Misc:

We're looking to improve our ASB, and we've taken some steps to make the transition of no more purchasing Pokemon a little easier on you all. Thanks to Oslo, we decided to make the Pastures repopulate with all the Pokemon you've placed there. This way, everyone has a chance to find the pasture and actually obtain these Pokemon!

Newbies

I know we have a few newbies, and all newbies get 2 points upon joining. I believe the new folks this time around are Perfect Chaos, WeatheredBlades and EraGam.

That's all there is! I'm sure there's gonna be 10,000 questions, and we're ready for them.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 5th May 2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Wrong date.

Entertaining quotes!

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Egg Shop
    Ahh the Egg shop. Which also sells Stones. Which now also doubles as a breeding center! That also was not a myth, as previously thought. You can bring in a female and Male Pokemon, and if the Male Pokemon knows any Move Tutored moves-that have a great chance to be passed down to said child. A great way to make personalized gifts for people.
    where is this and do you have the stones?

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB News [May 2012 Issue]

Wee I might have to start some pokemon hunting but there are so many pokemon I would love on my team. But in particular Ferroseed, Klink and Sigilyph and Joltik would all be fantastic to have.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oslo has question!

How does breeding work in terms of move compatibility? Let's say I have a male Simisear with Eruption tutored onto it and I breed him with a female Simipour, thereby creating a wee little Panpour. Would Panpour still have a chance of knowing Eruption, even though it's not compatible with that move at the Tutor Shop?

EDIT: Also, high-fives to the current generation of ASB newbies. You guys rock.
    Last edited by Oslo; 5th May 2012 at 05:56 PM.

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Gym slot you say? Hmm...my Wobbuffet arena is pretty dandy enough to be a Gym place. But I'm gonna hafta get a team, so maybe for the first time in five thousand years, I'll spend some points.

And due to Daycare and such, would Ditto work as normal? Just curious.

It’s been a while, huh kids? DL’s FINALLY..COME BACK..TO WRITING THE AS NEWSLETTER! And man do we have a lot for you all to take in. So sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Safari Zone
    Yeah, this is the starting point. As of 5/7, that’s May 7st for you dyslexic folk, the Safari Zone will implement a slew of changes both internally and externally. This Newsletter will be your guide to it all-as well as the remodeled Safari Zone Tower that will go up in the B&T forum to help the transition.

I think you meant for those who tell the date and time correctly....

As you head over there, you will notice there are a slew of new options to select from, and we hope that these new changes are met with ripe enthusiasm!

Safari Zone Modes:

Instead of the standard SZ zone trip, you now have the ability to tailor your trip in order to capture your coveted Pokemon. You may also stumble unto hidden lands not accessible in the standard Safari Zone modes! This should put a nice (and hopefully shorter) time in Zone length and action.

But we didn’t neglect the original Zone, no! There are a whopping 12 new areas to explore, each with their share of Pokemon! So buy some balls and go searching!

Safari Zone Housekeeping:

After this Newsletter goes up, there will be one important change. All currently stalled SZ's are to be discontinued. This includes if someone is hunting Legendaries down. This is to help make them available for the Speed Zone aspect.
    Does anyone who is now stalled get to keep their catches thus far?

If you are reffing older adventures still, then offer the option to change their Zones to Speed Zones if they feel that will be something they would prefer. If there is a change, let a Head Ref know so they can evaluate just how many posts they have. Otherwise, keep moving along if they are just happy with the current adventure.

Also, for all that have Pastures, access points are needed to be provided to all refs so people have a chance to get to them.

Bye bye Approval Tower
    So, what happens when the Approval Tower loses its ability to allow us to purchase Pokemon? Simple, it gets a whole less cluttered. You’ll still approve Pokemon there, so no worries.

Egg Shop

Even better, it costs only 1 point day PER Pokemon until they have an egg. Egg laying can take between 1 and 3 days.

Contest
    Hey! Oslo, in all his magical wizardry, hosted a Contest in what might have been the fastest hosting time ever. Excellent work there, man.

Tournament
    Thanks to Grey, we have ourselves a captivating STABless Tournament. It’s still in the Semi-finals, with MlG and Rossymore battling it out to take on no one other than myself in the finals!

Gyms
    There comes a time when the Gym Leaders need to be rotated in order to keep up with the times. As it stands now, we are in the market for Gym Leaders to replace at least 1 spot in our ranks. So, now would be the grand time to announce that if you challenge a Gym Leader and win, you will be entered in a drawing to be chosen as the next newest Gym Leader. Alternatively, if you defeat 4 Gym Leaders, you have the option of outing the fourth Leader and replacing them-as per the original rules.

ASB Awards
    Oooh awards! I remember now. You all should come up with some of the most memorable and funny quotes you’ve heard this year so far…and stash them...so when the awards come around, we can definitely have a grand ol’ time.

Misc:

We're looking to improve our ASB, and we've taken some steps to make the transition of no more purchasing Pokemon a little easier on you all. Thanks to Oslo, we decided to make the Pastures repopulate with all the Pokemon you've placed there. This way, everyone has a chance to find the pasture and actually obtain these Pokemon!

Newbies

I know we have a few newbies, and all newbies get 2 points upon joining. I believe the new folks this time around are Perfect Chaos, WeatheredBlades and EraGam.

That's all there is! I'm sure there's gonna be 10,000 questions, and we're ready for them.
    Looks like a good month...

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Veteran Trainer

Going from 1-31 (days), then going from 1-12 (months) is logical? Yeahhhh no, smallest to largest from left to right. ex 5/5/12 >.>

..Oh haha see wha I did thar? COMPROMISE!

As for the questions.

Ash: I posted in the Egg shop to revive it from the depths. Its in B&T

Ay: Yes, they can keep their previous catches. They just get no refund if they have unused Pokeballs.

Oslo: Good question. No, the Panpour won't be able to learn Eruption. We'll make sure to review the babies compatibility with specific moves as time goes on.

Rossy: Ditto is still a sex slave, yes. You'd basically mini clone your Pokemon and they'd know any and all Move Tutor Moves they have acquired.

Entertaining quotes!

We do it that way DD/MM/YY because the DAYS change every day, where as the MONTH changes only once every 30ish days... There for, on a clock or calander, it goes DD/MM/YY, not MM/DD/YY.

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

ours makes sense too... in a dyslexic sort of way...
    (my school uses the "british date" anyways)

Also, D comes before M which is before Y in the alphabet. Double logic-ed!

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Master Trainer

Belgium!

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeun View Post
    Also, D comes before M which is before Y in the alphabet. Double logic-ed!
    On any calendar , the date is printed (ex-May 5 2012). So Logic one, defeated. You read the month first, then the day, cause you dont go "Uhhh what month is this" unless you forget to change your calendar month. So no. Month is always read first to act as a reference for days, not the other way around.

Second-yes D,M,Y is letter order but no one cares about letter order when you come from upside down land !

Entertaining quotes!

I Finnished last Moderator

F-

What did this have to do with ASB News?

Veteran Trainer

As promised, here is the one thing you all have been waIting for, NEWS NEWS NEWS!

Safari Zone

I will start with the SZ. First off, I want to applaud everyone for grasping the concept and exploding it into what it has become. I can still see how much more will add to it, and look forward to the coming changes that we as a community make, rather than just Grey lording over us :p

With that said, big props to Cynder, Perfect Chaos, Eragam and Gigya for becoming SZ refs and alleviating the load off of everyone already reffing. And thanks to our returning refs Rossymore and Razor Leaf for also helping out. With this much enthusiasm, everyone is sure to get quality adventures...

Oh and uhh, check out the bottom of the Newsletter after you finish reading the rest of the Newsletter.

Summertime

Ahh, its a wonderful time. I love summer. Not just because of the blistering 106 degree heat, mind you. I love summer because the introduction of the Summer X-mas tree begins. On June 15th, the Summer tree will once again reawaken from its slumber, and you all will able to partake in the festivities. I imagine it will have some differences this time around, but I'm sure it will be for the better. Rules will be posted in the appropriate topic, so get ready

Egg Shop

Oh yes! The Egg shop! Usually, there is a deal going on throughout the span of the Tree's life where if you buy one egg, you get one free, maximum 4 eggs. Or maybe that's just my understanding of it. This deal can be exploited once a week.

Alternatively, you can buy two small stones and get a large stone for the combined total of 10 points (a 50% value!). Deals are not interchangeable.

Tournament

I'd say we're at the halfway mark. Shall be interesting how this Tournament ends!

Gyms

So far, no one has won a Gym Match and grabbed that coveted Gym Leader title. Wolfsong is determined to grab it through me, but I'll give her a hell of a fight first.

Miscellanceous

Newbies

We only have one new Newbie, but he's an excellent one, Gigya. Two points for you.

Oh and it has been noted that the SZ has had sightings of Rayquaza, and Latias. Manaphy eggs also have been rolling up alongside the shore. Just, letting you know.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 10th June 2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Forgot Cynder ;_;

Entertaining quotes!

Luck's least favorite person Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Manaphy eggs also have been rolling up alongside the shore. Just, letting you know.
    Soon, I shall go in to the safari zone and find that egg. And with it, I will take over the Oceans of the Safari Zone with my Prince of the sea! It will be mine. All MINE! mwahahahahahaha- *starts choking and wheezing*

and I can understand that I'm not mentioned as a new SZ ref, since I haven't taken anyone's adventures yet. That will change in due time, I can assure you.
    Last edited by BTPoke; 10th June 2012 at 07:10 AM.

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

WTB Newsletter title change.

And I hardly think there's any point to mentioning me as a SZ Ref as I'm still stuck to posting on my phone for the moment .

Rayquaza and Manaphy eggs hmm? The former intrigues me but I'm looking for an older legendary at the moment...then again I've hardly just begun at ASB so I'm nowhere close to even questing one yet .

Looking forward to another exciting month!

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

With that said, big props to Perfect Chaos, Eragam and Gigya for becoming SZ refs and alleviating the load off of everyone already reffing.

*Cough* Forgetting someone? *Cough*