More news

April 17th Update

Egg-stra big dissapointment

Originally I had an egg-related bonus for easter, but what do you know? I forgot all about it. Oh well. In recent news the Egg Center has hit the 50-egg mark! We've sold a whopping 50something eggs since the egg center opened, and we've got a variety of Pokemon out of them including Tangela, Castform, Misdreavus, Bulbasaur, Plusle, Spheal and much, much more!

Contests and The Grand Festival

The April Contest, hosted by Karin, is running smoothly and I believe it's down to Tsuki and her Venomoth versus Dark Dragonite and Chansey! Check out the Business and Tournaments forum to see how they're doing.

The final contest of this season, the May Contest, is being judged by Ace64.

The Grand Festival will begin on July 1st, 2006. It is open to 10 Contest Winners. For a full list of Contest Winners, check out The Hall of Fame in the Towers subforum. If you are a contest winner, then you're eligible for competition.

It will work like the tournament did. I'll post the Grand Festival Info topic like I did with the tournament, and in there, you post if you want to compete. By then we will have 11 people eligible for the Grand Festival and I hope that you all compete for a placement. Only 10 can be accepted.

We will also need three people to judge the contest. By the time July rolls around, I would ask that any judge who has not gained entry into The Grand Festival do offer their services. If you are interested in posting, do so in the main topic when it is posted.

In a similar fashion to the Tournament, there are different ‘rounds’: 5 in total. The main topic will be updated each time when a new round begins.

There will be three appeal stages and two battle stages. Judges will all give a score out of 10.0 for each appeal in the appeal stage, giving the coordinator a score out of 30.0 altogether.

I will ask that, for each of the three appeal stages, a different judge posts the appeals up. Prior to this, they will have shown the other two judges the contest reffing and they will reply with their score for each appeal, so that when the judge posts, they have all three judges appeals there.

For the battling stages I may ask current ASB Refs to ref for us as they are simply battles.

The prize for winning the Grand Festival will be 8 points, entry into the Hall of Fame and The Ribbon Cup.

More details will follow shortly.

Member of the Month?

As opposed to the Ref of the Month, which we never really do much anyway (whoops), me and Dan have contemplated doing a Member of the Month, similar to the ROTM but including every ASB Member.

Politeness, punctuality, etc etc will all be taken into account.

If you have any thoughts on this PM us.

Tiny-Tourney

Also starting on July 1st is The Tiny-Tourney – a small scale Tournament to coincide with the Grand Festival.

This tournament is aimed more for the newer members of ASB. It is open only to single-stage and non-evolving Pokemon only!

There will be 8 positions and it will simply be a chance for some people who failed to compete last time to give the tournament another shot. More info in the next few weeks. DON’T PM ME ASKING ME FOR A PLACE! I’ll shoot you.

See ya, folks!

That’s all. Have a good one!