State of the ASB Address

November. Thnksgiving is alot here, and that means the closing of Nanowrimo is close at hand..so let me get my writing in now!!

Reffing

As per my announcement in the Chat, I'm picking up reffings like a madman. I'm also clearing space in my calendar for a few extra things in the coming months that you all voiced concern and ideas over. But for now, rest assured that your battles will be completed by our competent refs, and that a new Mock Battle will be up 12/1

Contests

November's Contest is winding down, Ocotber's Contest finished and well, that just leaves December. December's Contest is going to have a bit of a throwback attached to it, so let's just see how that goes.

In any event, many kudos to Blade for making the badges of the Contests this year-they've all been excellent and I for one am glad that you take the time to do such a thing for us.

Gym Leaders

Well now. We got out Gym Leaders, and Elf is hard at work making a Gym Badge Case for you all to hold your badge in with pride. Hell, I even got challenged, which is rare enough. But --ehehehe---

something of a moderate size will happen once 12/1 hits for all Gym Leaders....so it may be beneficial to see what's up about that. Might be worth your while to clear your battle queue's as well.

Moderation

Well, MLG's been working pretty damn hard don'tcha think. If ya disagree well I'd agree with ya Naa not really, he's taken a real good shine to the inner workings more so now and well, he's everywhere I'm not. I'm thankful for that.

Upcoming!

New Section. And there is a BUNCH to fill it in with. As per your suggestions in the Suggestion Topic (all of them, I've been taking notes), I have constructed a timeline on which MLG and I will discuss, and try to implement each thing that we feel will be feasible to the continued survival and thriving of ASB as a whole (which is damn near all of them).

There are going to be alot of minor changes in the near future that I hope are looked upon with an open mind. Some may stick, some may not, but hell, at least we can try to make them work as a community.

The first thing that is on our checklist is: Abilities! As of now I've written up a list of Abilites-what they naturally do, and what I think they should do in ASB without being too overpowered. I will post this list as its own seperate post in the B&T forum within the next 48 hours, to which you all can sound off and tweak and voice opinions on them. But I do have one rule I'm going to manifest about Abilities.

Abilities are NOT going to be mandatory. They will be an extension that can be opted out of, in order to lower or raise difficulty of matches.

I know for a fact there are some that oppose the idea of Abilities even remotely touching us. At the same time, I feel it is not fair for us to selectively create an ASB that only works with what WE want it to work it without trying everything first off. Everything should be given a chance so we can see what we could do to make it work, or we could see that it wouldn't work at all. But at least we would witness it.Alright , back to lightheartedness.

December is almost here, and so that means the sleigh bells are a ringing. I hope yer ready!! I know I've been saving my points for this time of year ! Only a few more days til its here, Oh I'm so EXCITED !!!

We also have-as per the revival and rejuvenation of Pokemasters as a whole, a need to create a distinctive ASB Banner has arisen. So if you have any suggestions/drawings to submit for it, please, share them with the world. Hell, I'ma sweeten the pot.

The person who's banner is chosen to represent ASB receives a free catch. Booya. There. I did it. I wanna see ASB as Awesome Style Battling, damnit. Make people roll here in droves. Bring out the creativity I see in your battling.

Alright, I'll be back in 14 days or so. Or maybe Muggles will write the December one. I dunno n_N But ya'll keep fightin', ASB.