Hybrid View

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: ASB News [August 2013]

Shoot, sure!

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: ASB News [August 2013]

ASB NEWSLETTER XY SUCKAS!
    Oct 2013

Newness

As I type this, I'm raging through Gym #7, can't stop my Armadon (whoever gets the reference gets a cookie) and my FLAME ON!, I know most of you all are putting in that work to enjoy XY and start catching all these new guys. This whole evolution of games it pretty amazing, and it all will be implemented in ASB pretty darned soon. There are not as many changes as I thought, and I'll try to cover all them in a few go-rounds. So sit back and relax knowing your Mod Team is on the case with covering all aspects of this generation.

1) Sprites:

Yes, that's going to be hard. No longer will we have awesome sprites for our battles since the 3d captures are ...for lack of a better word-fugly. But after scouring (I know, its only been a day, I expect better solutions over time) I will say that the Interwebs have been blasted hard with low res screen captures. As the days go on, I'm sure we'll have suitable replacements.

I'm also waiting for Sugimori Art to come out for the new ones...

2) Fairy Type

Pretty straightforward. Fairy type is active, as are all the changes to the type chart. It's not too much, but it will take some re memorization. The main site has a active Type chart for Gen 6, so that should help out the refs. All current battles that started before 10/12 do not have Fairy type changes added to them unless specifically asked to. That way we can clear out all the older battles.

3) Move changes

As you know, move strength have been decreased and shifted. That will not affect any of the moves in ASB at this time.

4) Ability Changes

The same for most of the weather based abilities. They've changed, but at this time, there does not seem to be a need to change them to mirror the games. If public opinion differs after we have a good month of battling (hopefully this or next month)

5) New Moves and Abilities

The new moves will be added after this Newsletter goes live. As the research gets deeper things will be edited, so do not take anything as final until specifically stated by Grey, MLG or myself. The Abilities 9thankfully0 are pretty straightforward, so they won't be too hard to implement!

6) Safari Zone

Over the next week, we'll send out updated places of Pokelocales for the refs. So you'll see your Flabebes in the Zone soon enough...

Pokemon Acquisition
    After much discourse, the mod team has agreed to revise how Pokemon are acquired. We will be bringing back the Tower in order to allow you to buy Pokemon. There will be restrictions however, so you don't just buy every single new one out there. Details are forthcoming.

Gym Leaders

If you need to make changes to your team, please submit them now. You can edit, mash mix and completely redraft your team if need be, until Oct 20th. Make good use of the Giveaway!

Move Tutor Shop
    I'm sure Grey will have a few surprises for you all with the Move tutor Shop! Details forthcoming.

X/Y GIVEAWAY!

YES! ITS PARTY TIME!
    YOU GET A GEN 6! YOU GET A GEN 6! YOU GET A GEN 6!

EVERYONE GETS A GEN 6. AT LEAST ONE. There's only 69 new ones so we toned it down a bit. Check the New topic for details.

As stated, this will be addendumed heavily, so keep an eye on it!

KEEP FIGHTING ASB. XYXYXYXYXY!

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.