Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ASB News [December 2016]

The Damsel of Disaster! Moderator

Default Re: ASB News [Updated! 23/5/11]

I demand a news update and a member of the season!

Vs Seeker - 99% complete. Click here.

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

Ayeun's Safari adventures.

Give me my cookies. Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

^

I've already written it up, I just hafta get with Darkly and Muggles before I post it for all to see.
    -Grey

Default Re: ASB News [Updated! 15/10/2011]

October 2011
    ASB Newsletter

Hello everyone, I am your newest mod, Greyfox, here to detail the dull current and exciting future events for ASB! As of right now, I know everyone's feeling a little burned out because of school projects and, as a result, the activity of our little forum is dwindling. I ask you, however, to please be patient and vigilant because activity should spike soon.

During this time, we are asking (not telling) you all to please consider limiting the number of battles you partake in from four to three, so that our already-overworked referees don't get even more burnt out.
    Promotions
    As you all know, we lost a very dear Gym Leader: Weasel Overlord. While she'll be very missed here, we've been needing someone to fill her shoes. That person is Oslo, who has managed to be the first person to acquire the requisite amount of badges. He will be asked to battle either Darkly or myself for a preliminary battle in his arena!
    Cleaning Up the Clutter
    As you may've noticed, the Mod Team has been doing a bit of (late) spring cleaning with our beloved forum. Most of the threads from years past have been archived in, well, the archives. I'd like to say that we'll keep doing this for battles that've already been completed.
    Safari Zone
    As Darkly said before, the fact that we have legendary pokémon in our Safari Zone roaming around hasn't managed to burn down our league. However, there is something I'd like to address to the Safari Zone referees, and that's this:

When someone catches a legendary pokémon, no one else will be able to find that pokémon in the zone for about six months. Once someone finds and captures, say, Articuno, then no one else can see it again until Moltres and Zapdos are also captured. As of right now, the following legendary pokémon are off-limits:

Articuno, Zapdos, Celebi, Regice, Groudon, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, and Giratina.

And speaking of the Safari Zone, the mod team is fast at work making some interesting changes to the zone. Keep your eyes peeled during the coming months!
    Move Tutors
    The Gym Leader/Elite 4 move tutors are certainly nice, but should we really be limiting the move tutors to them? On November 1st, we will unveil a Move Tutor shop that'll allow you to teach your pokemon moves that they should've already been able to learn! Isn't that exciting?
    Newbies
    It's been a long time since our last newsletter, so anyone who has joined after 5/23 will be awarded 2 points! This includes Classtoise, Cynder, Ryoto, mymyilikepie, and Pichu Luver. Link your bank posts to this thread to claim your points.
    ___ of the Summer
    And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the coveted Member and Ref of the Season awards. The Ref of the Season is our newest gym leader, Oslo. Meanwhile, the Member of the Season is Cynder! Congrats to you both, you get 5 points and a free catch/evolution. Remember to link to this post when claiming these awards!
    Last edited by Greyfox; 15th October 2011 at 01:00 PM.
    -Grey

Default Re: ASB News [October 2011]

YAY! Grats Oslo. Welcome to the ranks!

Winner of the 2010 "P for Princess", the 2013 "'Try again?'", and the 2014 "Jury" and "Mod Newbie" Awards!

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Pichu Luver isn't a new member, though. That's just River with a new name.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

True, she's not technically a *new* member, but she might as well be one. She came back after a long hiatus and even started over with a brand new team.
    -Grey

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Yay, thanks! I wish my activity at the moment could reflect my Ref of the Season status. Also, if either you or Darkly want to take me on in my Gym, that sounds good... just make the thread and I'll be there. I will just have to make some modifications to my team when I find time.

Just a quick update, but the Move Tutor shop talked about in the last update is finally open! Take a look here!
    -Grey

Default Re: ASB News [Updated! 30/11/2011]

December 2011
    ASB Newsletter

Hey everyone, it's me again. This one's not going to be a big newsletter, but there are a few interesting things to highlight.For starters, the Move Tutor Shop has been updated to include a pair of new moves for your pokémon, so check that out whenever you can. In addition, we are still trying to get newest gym leader Oslo to battle us for a preliminary bout.In Safari Zone-related news, the ban on certain legendary pokémon has been removed, leaving only a few on the 'can't be seen' list. Those pokémon are:

Articuno, Zapdos, Celebi, Regice, Groudon, and Giratina.
    Finally, newcomers 5illy, Uraziel, and Venomous Pidgey are being awarded 2 points just for being new! Be sure to link to this thread in the Financial Tower to claim your coin!

To everyone else, I please ask you to update your Vs. Seekers ASAP, because something festive is coming 'round the corner!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 7th December 2011 at 07:20 PM.
    -Grey

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: ASB News [January 2012]

ASB Newsletter: Jaunuary 2012!

HELLLOOOO ASB! DL here ad I'm feeling magginificent. After all the change and growth I've seen as a person, it's about time I sat down and get back to my roots, ASB being one of them.

So. I'm sure I've missed quite a bit. I noticed Activity dropped a tad. Hell I don't think I even earned 10 points this quarter. But that's ok. I'm sure to earn a hell of alot more in the coming months, especially with whats coming in the new few weeks. Now, I know I did not give anything away in the tree this year. That's because I've started to think about a few things that could be hindering ASB as a whole.

It happens all the time. Our teams grow to a point where we simply can't use everyone. We have this knack for obtaining all these beasts, but hell we don't use them all. We tell ourselves "someday" to that gift we got 3 years ago, but it never occurs.
    So, I decided on finally doing something about it. Talked it over with Muggles and Grey, and we've finally created the Expansion you all actually need but don't realize yet (as well as add a shitton of perks.)

The Safari Zone is now a new monster, complete with a specialized portion for everyone's ginormous teams. NO more having super giveaways at the Tree (Though if you like that, then that's cool too...). No more isolationist Pokemon just hanging around as cannon fodder in your VS Seeker. Because now, we have our own Pasture Zone!

The Pasture Zone is basically the same concept as Pokemon Ranch. You can drop your Pokemon off here...and neeeeever see them again. Wait what? Never see them again? Yes, you read right. Never see them again. Why? Because after a while...they get released into the Safari Zone. Call it an acclimation period. Call it a forlong farewell. I call it adjustment. Now, what's so cool about this?

Because other people can catch them...for free :O!!!

FREE? Wtf did I just bypass the Trading Tower? How is this free? Well, let me explain Cyn.

Lets use...DARTH ¬¬. Darth keeps pulling this shit about wanting to start over fresh and have a new team. Well he gets this memo and reads about the new Pasture Zone. He reads the main guidelines of the rules, which are as follows.

1) You pay 6 points to have your own Pasture. One time only fee.
    2) You can deposit any Pokemon into the Pasture-granted they 1) have been on your team for 6 months and 2) have participated in one battle. This way, you don't just trash someone's gift to you, cause that's mean.

He then reads about the perks.
    1) Your Ranch grows and shrinks as time goes on. Say you start and deposit 10 Pokemon on your first trip. Those ten Pokemon are now NOT IN YOUR TEAM ANYMORE. YOU still own them, but they are not accessible to you. If you leave them there in Pasture and they are left unattended for a MONTH--they are GONE.
    2) Unattended Pokemon are transplanted into the Zone *WITH all of their LEARNED MOVE Tutor Moves.
    3) As your zone grows, you will have access to other people's Zone. So say Ayeun makes a Pasture and only deposits 15 Pokemon. Darth sees that People with Pastures inhabited with up to 15 Pokemon can check out and CATCH POKEMON IN OTHER PEOPLE'S Pastures. Meaning you can Catch these Move Tutored Pokemon with no ill effects on your part, provided you can access that Zone.

Oh, wait. But then you ask what about the Pokeballs needed to catch them? Don't those need to be bought? Well, that's the first gift to you all. It's already pretty cheap to get into the Safari Zone. Since this new Zone is a nice way to encourage a new type of gameplay, I'm graciously allowing anyone during the month of January to open a Pasture, and I'll flip the bill. (I mean, what else am I gonna do with all this cash?)

Oh, other stipulations..I have those covered.

3) You can alternatively open a Pasture if you have completed a certain amount of Safari Zone Rounds. This number is (second gift) 5. Yes, a measly 5 rounds in the Safari Zone qualifies you to open up your own Pasture. But this gift only lasts til January 15!

But DL-That contradicts your first gift?

No it doesn't Grey, Shut it. My first gift says that I'd flip the bill. Meaning that if they didn't have 5 rounds and wanted to pay the 6 points to open a Pasture, they could do so and I'd pay for it that way.

4) Your Pasture grows with your Safari Zone Outings. The more rounds you log, the bigger it grows. Only 2012 Rounds are eligible :/. You can have a maximum of 200 Pokemon in your Pasture at one time, in 6 stages of growth.

Stage One: 25 Safari Zone rounds-coverts to Base Pasture. 15 Pokemon
    Stage Two: 50 Safari Zone rounds-coverts to Super Pasture. 50 Pokemon.
    Stage Three: 75 Safari Zone rounds-coverts to Hyper Pasture. 75 Pokemon
    Stage Four: 100 Safari Zone rounds-coverts to Warp Pasture. 115 Pokemon
    Stage Five: 125 Safari Zone rounds-coverts to Ultra Pasture. 150 Pokemon
    Stage Six: 150 Safari Zone rounds-converts to Master Pasture. 200 Pokemon Allotment at one time.

Whoo. That's a heck of a deal right there. But oh man there's so much more.

Catch a Pokemon from another Person's Pasture can be instant. As long as you can access someone else's Zone, you can catch right away! So lets say Darth deposits a Probopass in his Pasture. Oslo can come along and shark it immediately whilst on his Safari Zone Adventure :O It will be tamer than your standard wild Pokemon, so it will be able to be caught in a Pokeball if you so wished.

Which brings me to my next point. Pokeball purchasing.
    The maximum number of Pokeballs one can buy in the Safari Zone now is 5. This is to aid in a Zone that is not dragged out-and to curb the refund process for a zone that has participants vanish midway through. The three Pokemon limit stays.

Can caught Pokemon from the Zone go directly into the Pasture? Yes. At times, you may find that there are random wild Pokemon in your Pasture...and then you may find your Pokemon have gone missing prior to the month deadline. Who knows what happens to them >D

Ok DL. I'm slightly intrigued by this. Will there be more changes to the Safari Zone?

Why yes? The standard Safari Zone you know now will stay more or less. Changes and adaptations are coming to help complement the Pasture Zone...and the other Zones that are coming in.

Current Zones that are being reffed will have only slight modifications, barely noticeable really. But the Classic update will come later this month-as there is one rather large kink that needs to be worked out.

Note: If a Legendary Pokemon is left in the Pasture Zone, it will leave IMMEDIATLY. This is to ensure rarity of them as well as to foster Legend availability...as a plethora more have now become available..and will be noted in the next update.

So stay Tuned for part II of the Safari Zone update.

Ok. That was the big news.

Next item to touch on. Move Tutor lists. I hope this sees more action as time goes on. We have to update the moves probably, but I assure you. Grey's idea for this will absolutely blow your mind. So please. Purchase moves. Have fun with this, as this has amazing potential.

Next item on the agenda? New Year Tournament. In a weeks time, a signup sheet will be posted. There are only 8 spots. No Legends. NO themes. Just a straight up one Pokemon each Survival Tournament. You win-you win BIG. I can tell you now that Pain Split will not be banned, but all Healing moves will be. You win a round, you gain 50 HP back. That's it. So be ready for that signup sheet.

Note: There will be 6 Tournaments this year of this size and stature, with a mixup on handicaps and effects, and some will even have the E4 in use. So lazy asses wake up. Its time to step your game up.

What's next. Oh People! Where are the Gym Challengers!??!? We need you all!

Umm Happy New Year? Pasture Thread coming right up. Just post in it and state who you will be leaving in your Pasture for the Base Level. I'll take care of the rest.

2012! 11+ months left!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 15th February 2012 at 07:30 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I love it Will!! Its crazy ideas like this that do wonders for a forum, I'm totes going to check this shit out ;D

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

DL, who got Ref and Member of the season?

Also, please can you forward any of the new SZ information to me asap, so I can get on that?

You didn't mention contests for 2012. What is the schedule?

Umm...

Oh, about the SZ and Pasture comment, as a SZ ref, can we use those rounds to offset the costs, or is it only rounds that we have been the participant?

Did I mention I was confused about pastures?

Ref/Member of the Season were already covered two newsletters ago, so we'll get the next ones in the next update.

Meanwhile, Darkly and I never discussed if that cost would be offset by ref'd rounds, but I'm gonna go ahead and say yes on that one, Aye.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Yeah, I'm a bit confused about the "Catch a Pokemon from another Person's Pasture can be instant. As long as you can access someone else's Zone, you can catch right away!" part. Under what conditions can I/can I not access someone else's Zone? Do I just make a post in the PZ thread saying "I'm catching so-and-so's Pokemon!" and that's it, done deal?

Well, you'd hafta find the pasture first, Os. Just like the hidden areas in the regular Safari Zone, you don't have immediate access to other people's pastures until you're able to locate them.
    -Grey

Master Trainer

Ahh, 'kay, didn't realize each pasture constituted a hidden area. Makes much more sense now.

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Wow, this is definately a good idea! I like the sound of it being attatched to the safari zone too, if only old rounds were allowed, I'd have the biggest ranch already Also, did I read this wrong, or are there new areas to come? Just thinking whether it's worth waiting for the new areas or starting with my gift now.

I wouldn't say they're new areas per se, but new additions nonetheless.
    -Grey

Rawr! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ahh, okay :3 Ill probably take the trip soon then.

Veteran Trainer

Whoo, back just in time. Ayeun. It would help if you would explain what you were confused about so we could clarify.

Uhhh..oh yeah shoot Reffed rounds. I was more along the lines of participation, but I assume Reffed rounds are just as significant as trip rounds, so yes, they are equal.

New distribution information is forthcoming Ay, so keep reffing your rounds as you have been. A new list will be done...tonight..I think I almost have it all compiled. It might look drastically different, but it will aid you in the long run. Oh and it'll be in Word, so Updating it will be easier. (Unless yer a geek like me and have it in Excel Spreadsheets)

Uhhh yeah. As attachments to a Zone, these Ranches won't be SUPER hard to find. Only the person knows where their ranch is located too-and that info can be posted in your Pasture Post.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Yo, DL~!

Where is the tournament signup? Its been a week~!

Wahahahaha~!

(No, I have NOT been playing too much KS, thank you very much~!)

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

?
    I can has news<(O_O)7

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Haha, you're in impatient little fella. Don't worry, there'll be news. New news!

Master Trainer

Greetings trusted battle-freaks! It is I Melg, with some news. It's been ages since I wrote a newsletter, but I can assure you that I'm still awesome.

I see activity rising again here in ASB and that's all thanks to you active people! Major props to all the refs who been putting in loads of work and to DL for hosting another Contest!

Safari Zone

No shitting you, we have major updates for the Safari Zone and it's gonna be nasty. We're gonna turn your world upside down, shake it and remold it, twice! What? No update now? Yes, I just put this in the newsletter to make you more curious Expect more adventure and more options; like me after a couple of gin tonics!

Pasture Zone is doing fine, most pokemon have probably already left their zones and are now up for grabs in the Safari Zone. You'll just gonna have to find the Pasture first ^^

Just a reminder that when someone catches a legendary pokémon, no one else will be able to find that pokémon in the zone for about six months. So the new updated off-limit-legendary-list is: Articuno, Zapdos, Celebi, Regice, Groudon, Heatran, Giratina and Dialga.

Move Tutors

For all of you who haven't been to the Move Tutor Shop, we have one! And it's awesome! So awesome that we're gonna add new moves: Coil, Drill Run, Eruption, Hex, Icicle Crash, and Rock Wrecker are now up for sale. Don't get your hopes up, though, some other moves are disappearing so it's not all win-win! If you want moves, you'll gonna have to up to date as we're gonna be switching them around. Start saving bitches!

Newbies

Here in ASB we give newcomers a nice pat on the back with two free points! Let's welcome firepokemon, Chris 2.1 and Dioscuri! Don't stand around here, start spending lads! Just link to this thread in the Financial Tower and you're good to go.

Ref and Member of the Winter

This time Member of the Season goes to Ash0001! You've only been here a short while, but I've come to see you as an enthusiastic, creative and active member. Don't get to impatient, though, since most of the people here have real busy lives as well, but I can totally get your frustration at times. You seem to have a lot of potential, why don't you try reffing?

Ref of the Season is Rossymore! Nice to have you back man, you're a rusted old fart, but I still wuuuuuv you. You've been helping out with the major reffing duty and you deserve the extra points. I know you won't spend them, but it might help you if you... GET RID OF YOUR ENTIRE TEAM 'CEPT WOBBUFFET AND START OVER! Fantasy? Yes, but I'm crazy like that.

Crazy or not, both of you deserve two points!

Contests

The Bluster Contest is going nicely and is almost finished! It's very close and everything is still possible! Don't be afraid to ref a contest if you feel like it, we're gonna update Contest Judging Request Sheet and turn it into the Contest Information Thread, where all contest related info shall go. STRUCTURE AND RULE! Wish I was good at contests..

The Ascended

Oslo just wooped local moderator Greyfox's ass in his Combat Disco. Even Grey's Heatran didn't stand a chance for Oslo's witty dancemoves. Watch out members, another die hard Gymleader in the ranks, who shall challenge him first? Defeat four Gymleaders and earn to right to challenge the Elite Four!

Speaking of which, E4 and Gymleaders can challenge eachother for their Unique Moves! These matches offer only the said move, no points, no glory, no nothing, just the move. Oh and it could be the start for some light, but awesome rivalries

ASB's Nameshop

After reading Mikachu's suggestion we've decided to open a name shop in Business & Tournaments. People who have no inspiration for a pokemon name, want to have a random name, or are looking for suggestions can go the name shop and choose, discuss or ask for names. Explanations and arguments can tilt someone in favor of your name, so go nuts! I already have one that's need naming..

Modsquad

Well, I'm kinda 'back' since I'm graduated now. I hope my presence might inspire a few of you to start training, since it's been a while since I got defeated. Yes, you also might have noticed that I've become way more arrogant since I returned. This is all part of the plan to replace Blade as the arrogant prick until he gets his game back on Also, I've been using fucking cool emoticons See!

As for the other two.. WELL.. they're still awesome too Except for DL. He still smells. DERP.

Misc.

1. Start thinking of memorable moments peeps, cuz you're gonna need them. ASB Awards? Whaaaaaaa..

2. Congrats to Oslo for winning the latest Surival Tournament! He gets 15 points and an ability switch, which he already used on his raging disco flower. The colors, they hurt my eeeeeeyes! Oh, I get 10 points for being runner up *high fives Athene*

3. As fast as that ended, there's gonna be a new tourney on the way! It's gonna be something different this time, man up and fight!

4. ASB Banner has been decided by democratic vote. TO HELL WITH LUCARIO! *cough* I mean, artists are on their way making it as we speak

5. Invite new people to ASB if you can, I'm sure they'll love it!

6. Anyone who mentions that I'm awesome will be awarded with free points and lots of (Greyfox)love!

Keep up the great work guys and watch out for April!

Melg out.
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 28th February 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Awww thank you for the two points. Might pay to change the title to say ASB News [February 2012].
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Is ASB Back? Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

You don't need to bribe us we all know you're awesome

Default Re: ASB News [February 2012]

MLG, you're so awesome. Can I have your babies?

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeun View Post
    MLG, you're so awesome. Can I have your babies?
    Hands off. His awesome Belgian offspring are mine.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Now THIS is news I can pretend to be interested in! :clap:

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Thanks for the points

Veteran Trainer

I'll show you :O!

Hrm, Yo Mugs..holla at me real quick..

Entertaining quotes!

Actually, Muggles, we should update that legends list -- Cresselia was officially captured back in August, which means that it's been six months since the pair of them have been sighted in the zone. Therefore, she and her new moon buddy should be appearing again. D:
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer

Cool! GOOD! >O!

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Question about Gym Leaders challenging Gym Leaders...

Let's say I challenge Ayeun because I want Grasswhistle (which I totally do). Am I supposed to be using my regular team or my Gym team for the fight? If I win, I get the move... and if I lose, does that mean she gets Teeter Dance? Or would she have to specifically challenge me if she wanted Teeter Dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Question about Gym Leaders challenging Gym Leaders...

Let's say I challenge Ayeun because I want Grasswhistle (which I totally do). Am I supposed to be using my regular team or my Gym team for the fight? If I win, I get the move... and if I lose, does that mean she gets Teeter Dance? Or would she have to specifically challenge me if she wanted Teeter Dance?
    Good question. I approve and endorse this idea.

Master Trainer

Nay, you only get the move if you are the challenger. The defender wins nothing. You can use anyone you want, from normal team to gymteam, depends on who you want to give the move to, as he/she has to be in the battle. It can be as quick as a one on one, or as big as you want to, but I suggest nothing to large since you're keeping your gym-challenge slot filled with that and we rather want to use that on smashing in poor newbie faces

Don't forget the 'challenged' one sets up the rules.

If only Dogfish would reply.. I'll be rocking this ASB with Meteor Mash Kecleon >D

Wait! Teeter Dance eh...

And for all who want my babies, I will give you some for free, but I'll make 'em with Chobi. That way ALL YOUR KIDS HAVE HER EYES! NIGHTMARE EYES!

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs View Post
    Nay, you only get the move if you are the challenger. The defender wins nothing. You can use anyone you want, from normal team to gymteam, depends on who you want to give the move to, as he/she has to be in the battle. It can be as quick as a one on one, or as big as you want to, but I suggest nothing to large since you're keeping your gym-challenge slot filled with that and we rather want to use that on smashing in poor newbie faces

Don't forget the 'challenged' one sets up the rules.

If only Dogfish would reply.. I'll be rocking this ASB with Meteor Mash Kecleon >D

Wait! Teeter Dance eh...

And for all who want my babies, I will give you some for free, but I'll make 'em with Chobi. That way ALL YOUR KIDS HAVE HER EYES! NIGHTMARE EYES!
    Bah! I said you were awesome, and you didn't give me points. DEATH TO YOU, GOOD SIR!

Veteran Trainer

Chibi must read that, Rotf

Entertaining quotes!