Thread: Thank you XD...

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Thank you XD...

Well, it's early days yet, but it does appear from the obtainable list for XD over at Serebii will allow me to complete the national dex (less Deoxys, Mew and Celebi) without having to trade from Fire Red after all. I haven't done the reverse calculation for someone with Fire Red, but it looks like they have used XD to fill the gaps.

I'm happy
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Default Re: Thank you XD...

Yes, but don't forget this is the JAPANESE version we're talking about. If we all know what shittery NoA is capable of, they'll probably set up Mew/Deoxys/Celery in one of those stupid promo events AGAIN, and cut those pogeys out in the XD game in the process..-_-;;;

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Shamshir/Wario/Joann/Mr. Larpus/Giant Enemy Crab (Xanthius)
    Meliadoul/Shizuka/Roy/Pit/Taina
    Celice/Anita/Asmodeus/Ferdinand
    Elekid

Work It Harder Make It Better
    Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
    More Than Ever Hour After
    Our Work Is Never Over

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Mmm? These are just the normal shadow pokémon you catch, same as in Colosseum. Those didn't change between the Japanese and US versions, only the bonus promotional one for the preorder.

Specifically, I need Scyther, Electabuzz, Shellder, Growlithe and Ekans plus their evos to complete the national 'dex. Nothing I couldn't do NOW if I had a Fire Red cart to trade with, but I don't. I'm just happy that a game I was planning on buying anyway will finally allow me to fill the gaps!
    rinku

Oh, I thought you talked about Mew/Deoxys/Celebi in particular, not those guys. Although I don't like the idea of buying another game console and game just for the sake for completing one GBA game, it does seem enticing after all.

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Shamshir/Wario/Joann/Mr. Larpus/Giant Enemy Crab (Xanthius)
    Meliadoul/Shizuka/Roy/Pit/Taina
    Celice/Anita/Asmodeus/Ferdinand
    Elekid

Work It Harder Make It Better
    Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
    More Than Ever Hour After
    Our Work Is Never Over

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yup, especially since I already have a 'cube and it looks like XD will be even better than Colosseum. Which I enjoyed and did consider good value (even though it has its flaws). Soul Calibur 2 and Super Smash Brothers Melee and Animal Crossing are the games that justified us getting a Gamecube, but it is nice to use it to extend the pokémon stuff as well.
    rinku