Well its not really a bad thing, i just wanted more diversity in my team.
BTW is an Old Rod only capable of catching Magikarp now? I remember catching Krabby and Goldeen back in the day but now only those useless fish.
If so where is the Good Rod?

Anyway, since i wasnt sleepy i kept playing.

Update #2.

Name: Gav
Type: Water
Badges: 3
Progress:
- Well Mist was a walkover. Starmie went down to a Mega Punch and Starmie was the Victim of a Critical Bite. After there i moved on down towards Vermillion taking out all the trainers along the way and i caught a Meowth as a HM slave. Once i was there got myself the Old Rod and tried to catch some new party members but since i was hooking nothing but Magikarp i gave up on the idea. Instead i headed to the route East of Vermillion and took out some more trainers, then through the Diglett Tunnel to get HM05.
Once i was back i went through the SS Anne and the Battle with my Rival finally pushed Wartortle up to LV. 36 and he Evolved. By the time i left the Ship and made my way to Surge (via his 'apprentices') Blastoise now had the secret to overcoming a type disadvantage. An 18/20 level advantage.
At Lv. 38 he was faster than anything Surge had and all 3 pokemon went down to a Single Mega Punch.
Now im halfway along the road to the Rock Tunnel and desperate for some new Team members!

Current Team:

LV. 39
Mega Punch, Watergun, Bite, Rapid Spin

LV. 10
Scratch, Bite, Flash, Cut