Thread: The Official FR/LG Limited Pure Monotype Challenge of 2005

Threaded View

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The Official FR/LG Limited Pure Monotype Challenge of 2005

Name: Mitch
    Type: Poison

Mitch...I tried to think of a good name that was based on the Poison-type. I tried Poison...venom...sludge...arsenic...cancer...nothi ng came to me. Finally I went with Mitch out of desperation. It's based on MTC, the acronym for MonoType Challenge. ¬_¬;
    If I'm poison, then my rival would be an antidote, so I named the rival Andy. Wow I'm dumb.
    I picked up Squirtle, named it HMer 3, and with its good defense and Bulbasaur's so-so attack, beat Andy handily. Then I stepped outside the lab and activated the Game Shark code that gave me my real battler, a level-5 Koffing (The "This POKéMON is really quite energetic!" message popped up again, followed by "MITCH recieved the KOFFING from PROF. OAK!")
    Koffing proved worrisomely susceptible to damage from the local Rattata and Pidgey, so I hung around Pallet, battling a Route-1 pokémon, going back home to heal, then battling another Route-1 pokémon...you don't encounter this many L4 pokémon in Route 1 in the original Red/Blue. When Koffing made it to level 6 I headed through to Viridian City.
    I had used a Potion in a Route-1 battle, so the first thing I did here was grab the Potion from the northwest corner. Then I picked up Oak's Parcel and went back to Pallet.
    After getting my Pokédex and five Pokéballs, I trudged back to Route 1, found a Pidgey, caught it and named it HMer 1. Then I saved and called it a day; I just got back from the vacation I mentioned in the GSC board and I'm kinda tired.

Team:
    Koffing L7
    Tackle, Poison Gas, —, —
    (I'm thinking Sludge, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower...filler...)

HMer 1 L3
    Tackle, —, —, —
    (This'll be my Flyer some day.)

HMer 3 L6
    Tackle, Tail Whip, —, —
    (HMs 3, 4, 6 and 7 will be this guy's responsibility.)

NOT CAUGHT YET
    (Nidorina's going to be my Special Sweeper. Boltbeam, Crunch and a fillerific D-Team.)

NOT CAUGHT YET
    (This will eventually be an Arbok with Acid, Earthquake, Strength and Glare.)

NOT CAUGHT YET
    (HMer 2 is going to be a Meowth, with HMs 1 and 5, Dig, and Pickup duty as well!)

Next: Pewter City: To Squeeze Blood From A Stone!

By the way, a question: When is this Challenge considered 'complete'? Do we just need to beat the Elite Four or must we also complete the post-Elite Sevii Islands plot by defeating Team Rocket in their Warehouse on Five Island? Bear in mind that the latter option means we must have Pokédex Data for 60 species...I can easily navigate Rock Tunnel without Flash, but the National Dex is not skippable.
    Last edited by Poryhedron; 23rd November 2006 at 04:48 PM.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic