Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite shows that were cancelled

Banned

Default Re: Favorite shows that were cancelled

Really, I thought season 5 Ep 8 was the last episode?

Random Drop-By Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

didn't sealab get cancelled off adult swim? i loved that show =(.

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

GAR-BAGE DAY! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by dratinihaunter13
    didn't sealab get cancelled off adult swim? i loved that show =(.
    After Harry Goz (Captain Murphy) died and they replaced the character with "Thunderbolt" Shanks, the show became a walking corpse. It needed to be cancelled (if it has).

Whatever happened to Megas XLR? Is it cancelled or not, and if it is, why?
    The Place That Is No More - Because the world needed to hear me rant and rave.

My ASB A-Team: Qwerty (Magneton), Cici (female Shuckle), Pudge (male Persian), Fuji (male Torkoal), Light (Starmie), Matthias (male Flygon) (six others)

Banned

Everybody Loves Raymond had its run. Leave it the fuck alone; it was good while it lasted.

I'm gonna cast my vote for 3 South, but that show would've seen its end soon enough even if MTV had picked it up for a second season. Also, Whose Line Is It Anyway could have continued extremely well, assuming they had found new, good talent (read: done the impossible). Personally, I wish Will and Grace and The Simpsons would end soon. Actually, I'm gonna give the Simpsons one more season before I finally decide it's just not worth it anymore. Will and Grace was fun for a short while, but ever since the whole Grace-Leo thing ended disappointingly (the wedding was horribly anti-climatic), along with the whose Grace-Will baby thing, I've felt eternally disgraced by that show. The fact that the premiere was live shows that they're desperate for ratings.

While I'm on my anti-TV rant I may as well mention Saturday Night Live has been depressingly abysmal for the past two years. The new talent (Fred Armisen) is being wasted on mediocre writing, and the old talent just feels like a gut you can't get rid of, glaring and bad looking and old. The problem, as I see it, is that they need a whole new cast of writers: lots and lots of good, fresh writers, to bring the show back to what it was: edgy comedy. Also, more Ambiguously Gay Duo. This whole thing could be a reaction to the amazing SNL cast I grew up with (ie, late 90's), but seriously, Lorne: pick up the slack and cut the fat.

Resident Stargate fan... Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Firefly. It's on SciFi every Friday at 7:00PM.
    Wonderfully done show. It just puts the two genres together so well, you can't tell if it weren't for the clothes they wore. Seriously, a great show that deserved a better chance, it might've stayed on for a while.

Shows currently following:
    Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis-Friday
    EUReKA-Tuesday
    Xbox Live Gamertag: CommanderLock

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I only started actually seeing Invader Zim recently on DVD. I never had cable, or at least when that show was on, so I never knew what all the excitement was about. I normally hate anything when I hear people talk about it so much before I see it, but it WAS pretty funny, especially considering it was a Nickelodeon cartoon. But I couldn't exactly expect garbage from the guy that wrote Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

Anyway, I really miss the original Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic had four animated series' on TV overall, so most people confuse them. I'm talking about the one with the Freedom Fighters, with Sally, Rotor, Bunnie Rabot, and Antoine. I was raised with Sonic the Hedgehog, and I miss that original character who has lately been reduced to a pile of rubble, and a shallow, lame, marketting tool.

Kudos to the old Sonic!

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I thought this was concerts. Meh, Invader Zim was a peach.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Banned

I agree. Invader Zim was a hilarious and strangley enthralling show. The show wasn't very popular when it was on, but know a lot of people enjoy the merchandise, like me. If there was merchandise when the show was on, Invader Zim probably wouldn't cancelled.

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

The only thing I didn't want to see 'cancelled' was DBZ. You guys might have gotten tons of episodes of it but here it ended with the cell saga (wanted to see Buu and Uub so badly) so it kind off got cancelled. Same for yu-gi-oh. Ended after a couple of reruns always ending with the Battle City tournament. I just hope Dutch Nick doesn't screw me over and cancel Danny Phantom or Avatar -_-

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Invader Zim. Best cartoon ever next to Ren & Stimpy.

Fuck you Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

I really wish Firefly could have continued. It was such an amazing concept, if not an at least faily original one.

I wish Angel hadn't of gotten cancelled or at least had been given a decent ending. The fifth season was one of the best in my opinion, but they ended it on a cliffhanger and I hated that, though I suppose they were trying to avoid ending it like Buffy.

I'm probably the only one here who actually watched it, but I miss Queen of Swords. It wasn't a particulary well-done piece plot-wise, but it had potential. Most of the acting was to die for, and the character development made up for the weak story.

And I'm definitely with the crowd that misses Invader ZIM.

Banned

I see that more than just a few of us miss Invader Zim. But now that DBZ was brought up, I have more to talk about. I'm going to have to say that Dragon Ball Z was my favorite show (After Pokemon). The beginning episodes with Goku's brother and then with Vegeta and Nappa... Wow. This show really got to me and to others too. Then Freiza came and then Cell and that is when I didn't watch it as much. Buu was good, and it was a creative plot in the story, but having Buu turn good?! That pushed it. The GT series was a failure in my opinion and the show wasn't as watched anymore by my household. So basically, the show was best in the early episodes and it was getting old by the end of Buu, so that is a reason of why it was canceled.