Thread: Comedian Richard Pryor dead at 65

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Comedian Richard Pryor dead at 65

From BBC News:

Nothing was off limits for Richard Pryor
    Groundbreaking black US comedian Richard Pryor has died after almost 20 years with multiple sclerosis.

He died at the age of 65 of a heart attack at Encino hospital near Los Angeles, his wife Jennifer Pryor said.

A series of hit comedies in the 1970s and 1980s - including Stir Crazy and Silver Streak - helped make him one of Hollywood's highest-paid stars.

He was one of the first black performers to have enough clout to negotiate his own Hollywood deals.

In 1983, he signed a $40m (Ł23m;34m euros), five-year contract with Columbia Pictures.

Foul-mouthed

But he first came to prominence as a pioneering stand-up comic.

His uncompromising, foul-mouthed brand of humour focused on his personal insights into modern life and race relations.

Among those most said to have been influenced by his comedy were black artists such as Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall and Damon Wayans, as well as Robin Williams, David Letterman and others.

In 1995, he played an embittered multiple sclerosis patient in an episode of TV series Chicago Hope. The role earned him an Emmy nomination as best guest actor in a drama series.

Multiple sclerosis is a degenerative disease of the nervous system.
    My heart goes out to his family. He was a brilliant and funny man. RIP.

[SIZE=8pt]Who will you stand with?[/SIZE]

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: Comedian Richard Pryor dead at 65

Hmm, I thinking I've heard about this guy before.

From times just before I believed I watched some shows on the Comedy Network TV station, I think that was when I first heard of this guy.

Nonetheless, RIP Richard.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Banned

Default Re: Comedian Richard Pryor dead at 65

Im not quite a big man of Richard Pryor because I just don't find him that funny. Sure, comedy central in the channel that I watch the most, and I've seen him before, but Carlos Mencia has more to offer I think.