Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite shows that were cancelled

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Favorite shows that were cancelled

There's a ton of shows out there that deserve to be on right now but for some reason, they're not. I think Fox tops that list cause they barely give shows a chance to succeed

My favorites:

-Firefly (I swear to god, rent this. It's a brilliant show and I hear the movie is going to be great)
    -Titus
    -Futurama
    -Andy Richter Controls the Universe
    -Family Guy (yeah, they brought it back but it shouldn't have been cancelled in the first place)

Edit: Now that I think about it, Nickelodeon has screwed us over also so all those good shows that are gone is their fault
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Favorite show that was cancelled

Invader ZIM tops my list, but Rocko's Modern Life and Dexter's Lab are close seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I second both Firefly and Titus.

Titus was absolutely superb, one of the best sitcoms of recent memory.

I recently purchased Firefly and it is excellent. I like how Joss Whedon threw in a Western touch to a SciFi. Even more impressive is how it's the counterweight to StarTrek in almost every way.

Earthworm Jim is also a cartoon that shouldn't have been cancelled. Additionally, does anyone remember the awesome Freakazoid?
    "If you vote, you can't complain."

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueAvenger
    Invader ZIM tops my list, but Rocko's Modern Life and Dexter's Lab are close seconds.
    I grew out of dexters lab as an age thing but I must say it was good for the first few years then really SUCKED which was OK though because that is the time I started growing out of it.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

GAR-BAGE DAY! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Musourenka
    Earthworm Jim is also a cartoon that shouldn't have been cancelled. Additionally, does anyone remember the awesome Freakazoid?
    Freakazoid was utterly brilliant, but it was starting to spark out near the end, so its cancellation was probably a mercy. Earthworm Jim, however, deserved more.

Dead Last, a summer replacement series about a rock band that could see ghosts, deserved a full season. It didn't get one.
    The Place That Is No More - Because the world needed to hear me rant and rave.

My ASB A-Team: Qwerty (Magneton), Cici (female Shuckle), Pudge (male Persian), Fuji (male Torkoal), Light (Starmie), Matthias (male Flygon) (six others)

The Animaniacs deserve a mention too. Yacko, Wacko, and Dot were just plain awesume. =D

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Shamshir/Wario/Joann/Mr. Larpus/Giant Enemy Crab (Xanthius)
    Meliadoul/Shizuka/Roy/Pit/Taina
    Celice/Anita/Asmodeus/Ferdinand
    Elekid

Work It Harder Make It Better
    Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
    More Than Ever Hour After
    Our Work Is Never Over

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Favorite shows that were cancelled

Freaks and Geeks - Wonderful show that really worked, yet no one watched it. WTF

Titans - Night time soap by Spelling that while was horrible compared to Dynasty, Dallas, Knots Landing etc it was still a grand old time.

Always Greener - Great Australian show that like disappeared. US viewers wouldn't like it, but clearly the aussies didn't either. OH well.

Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Banned

Law & Order : Trial by Jury. It did not have a fair chance. Thank you, NBC.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Histeria!. Short-lived show on WB. Made history funny.

Moderator Moderator

T_M_L: Yeah, I have to agree, Titus was a pretty funny show... I wish it would have gotten more of a chance.

The show that I really miss was Martial Law. For those that don't know about it, it was only on for 2 seasons on CBS, I think it ran from 1998-2000. It was a martial arts/police/comedy/drama starring Sammo Hung, and it was really good. The first season was a lot better though, they changed a lot of the characters and stuff during the second season. It used to be on syndication on TNN, but it was taken off of syndication a couple of years ago... I would really love to watch those episodes again!! One episode in particular really sticks in my mind... it featured a lot of people going crazy for "Cuttlebugs." The Cuttlebugs were small, colorful stuffed animals. There was one Cuttlebug in particular that was really popular, "Rainbow Sally," she was a stuffed multi-colored salamander. All of the kids wanted a Rainbow Sally, so people were doing all kinds of stuff to get them, Sammo even had to get one for his boss's daughter. This episode was made during the Beanie Baby craze, so it was obvious where the idea for Rainbow Sally and the Cuttlebugs came from. Of course, I am a huge Beanie Baby collector, so I really loved that episode.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I disagree completely on Dexter's Lab. The show ended fine, but Cartoon Network decided they want to bigger pools so they dredged with up with completely different art and eventually voice actors. Horrible.

Nickeldeon is in league with Fox. Good shows die, but WE NEED MORE KSUPO-CLASKY SHIT.

I too loved Freaks and Geeks. It was the most realistic show about high school, in the words of a friend. I completely agree. The last episode left a swelling, vacuumy feeling inside my chest.

I am also glad they ended when they did. The injustice added a bit of mysticism and quiet grandeur to the show. It didn't have time to get popular and get tainted.

And yeah, Rocko ruled.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Chikoo
    Law & Order : Trial by Jury. It did not have a fair chance. Thank you, NBC.
    Wait, Trial by Jury was cancelled? I thought they were just doing reruns because it was summer. It got completely axed? Crud...

In the animation department, I have to go with Static Shock. (CN may still be airing it, but if they are I'm certain they'd have to be far behind where the show left off.) The last episodes that I saw on Kids WB were intense incidents in which the heroes nearly lost their powers and the two main antagonists of the series got - unbelievable as it was - combined in a freak accident. I was looking forward to seeing how that last plot twist would play out, but that was the last episode that was ever aired to my knowledge.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

They finished dexters lab?! I didnt know this!!! How did it end.

Futurama definately one of my favourites that they cancelled

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Geez, Dexter's Lab ended several years ago. In a nutshell, Dexter was in a foreign exchange program for Japan, and wakes up an ancient monster. Despite his efforts, Monkey's, and the Justice Friends', the monster is still rampaging. Mandark tries as well, but only serves to make it stronger.

Thus, Dexter builds an even more powerful mech, the only problem is that it requires multiple pilots. This leads to him spilling the beans about his lab to his parents, and eventually (with the help of Monkey), they take down the monster.

The episode ends with Dexter wiping his parents memories of the event, and then Monkey wipes DEXTER'S memory after his mask falls off and Dexter sees his true identity.

Now, like I said before, the series was dug by Cartoon Network a few years later. But it was so different I never watched it much and couldn't care less how it ended.

Hmmm...one of these days I will watch Freaks & Geeks. But I am almost positive it'll be rampant hyperbole about High School.

why wub woo Moderator

Thundercats? Bucky O'Hare? Those were great shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Apparently Thundercats Season 1 is on DVD. When I heard about it being six discs, I was like "Wow, bonus features ahoy!". Sadly, reviews of the set have left me dissappointed.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I saw the newish episodes of dexters lab and agree they werent very good.

Really had no idea that it had ended though

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

And they don't even run reruns of the older Dexter episodes. It's like they want to forget it ever existed.

Oh yeah, and the old All That. That needs to at least be on in reruns, instead of the crap they've got going now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I didn't realise people would be talking about cartoonsprogrammes that had several seasons. Naturally if that was the case I would have included lots more. But generally a cancelled show is something that has been on air for a season or two otherwise people could say Dynasty. Which was cancelled but after nine seasons or something.

Others I liked that were cancelled by my definition.

Eyes. Its just begun here and already I like it. Disappointing then that I have now heard its been cancelled in the US. Boston Public - While it was on air for three seasons, for some reason it still seems relatively short. Yes it was over the top and I really do not believe that is what US high schools are like, but it was also heartwarming. And I can't believe I didn't say this before but Twin Peaks. My god, what idiot cancelled that. I'm sure it still was rating better than half the product today. Thank god for the DVDs and Vhs series, which sadly I am yet to buy.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - While I realise it had several seasons. Sadly some morons at the government owned tv station (tvnz) felt the need to stop showing the power rangers as such New Zealand children never got the chance to experience all of this series. The government owned TVNZ also stopped showing wrestling for about eight years. Bastards.

Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

-angry beavers best show ever.
    -kenan and kel, the first non-cartoon show I fell in love with.
    -johnny bravo
    -zim was good, but I don't miss it that much, vasquez has better comics out there. though it was the last straw on me ever attempting to watch cartoon channels ever again. :|

someone mentioned histeria, I remember that, it came on right after pokemon in the mornings! big fat baby annoyed the shit out of me though.

edit: a little more recently, there was a show on the WB I think, called "do over". only lasted one season I think. it was cool, about some old guy who gets hit in the head with a baseball and wakes up as a kid in the 80s again. I dunno why, but I like watching it.

Cloyster Moderator

Angry Beavers, yeah almost forgot about that one. One of my favorite shows back in the day.

Let's see...
    Futurama
    Animaniacs
    Kenan and Kel
    Hey Arnold (although I swear I keep seeing new episodes every now and then...)

Edit:
    There were also alot of shows on Nick that I liked but got axed after one or two seasons:

Space Cases
    The Mysterey Files of Shelby Woo
    100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd

Just a few I could come up with off the top of my head, I'm sure there were more
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

One just came to my head. The young ones. Now that was a kick ass show.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Shows that I missed that were cancelled were Jim Henson's Dinosaurs (was well done) and Fraiser. I'll probably think of more later.

The Cute and Loving Kamineko

Razor-Sharp Grin + Innocent Fingers = Naughty Kitty

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Frasier wasn't cancelled. That show had a proper ending

I thought of one but I forgot what it was so I came up with another - Arena. It was on G4TV and had a great premise but it was cancelled. I want to see past seasons but they're only showing "Destination Vacation", which is getting pretty annoying
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

lets see, shows I miss that were cancelled are:

- angry beavers
    - rockos modern life
    - doug
    - hey arnold -although every once in awhile its on nick
    - kenan and kel
    - animaniacs
    - tiny toons
    - franklin (on nick jr
    - johnny bravo
    as told by ginger (as far as I know its never on anymore)

and I dunno what else.

but I'm getting extremely pissed off with the shows that come on now. like zoey 101. why take off a good show like rocko to make room for shows like that.

WHAT THE HELL!

I would be so happy if I could watch all those shows again

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I didn't think Freakazoid was cancelled so much as they discontinued making new episodes due to the death of a key player.

I would to say that Futurama was a show that shouldn't have been cancelled. In my opinion, Matt needs to focus on something else and let the Simpsons go. Sure, it was funny, but, in my opinion, it was been stale for the past few seasons.
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Wait, Trial by Jury was cancelled? I thought they were just doing reruns because it was summer. It got completely axed? Crud...
    Yes, it's been cancelled. NBC offered it to TNT. Turner thinking they're too good for it, I suppose. But yeah, it's done for. They still haven't aired Eros in the upper eighties.. hopefully someday they will. Or perhaps bring the show back next year in March once they see that E-Ring won't go anywhere. Or maybe have Bebe Neuwirth replace Sam Waterston on the original.. I just don't want it gone! Fuck NBC.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I agree with a lot of the above Nickelodeon ones.

My little 2p worth is Ducktales - absolutely loved that as a kid.

Anyone remember this Canadian teen show called Ready or Not? I loved that. And Hang Time, the show about the basketball team.
    Silver Ledian
    - Former Moderator of Polls, Clubs and Games -
    - ............ ............ -

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hmm, my favourite shows that were prematurely axed...gotaa be:

- Greg the Bunny
    - FireFly
    - Futurama(Better than Simpsons by miles)
    - Titus
    - Undeclared (It was showing on ITV at about 2am for a few wekks so I saw a few episodes and liked what I saw)
    - Enterprise (Why? SEASON 4 WAS MINT!)
    - Everybody Loves Raymond (So funny :<)
    - Angel (Way better than Buffy, just awesome)
    - Third Watch (It made interesting viewing before ER came on)

Uchiha
    Sasuke

"I have lost faith in this pathetic clan"
    GreenShirT
    Still a Misc Mod at heart

Banned

I liked Point Pleasant....

Yeah, okay, most people didn't but Fox decided to screw it over. Damn them!

Heh, I also liked Freakzoid and the like as a kid, but I laughed because of his spazzy nature rather than the jokes...

Blame of Absence: Cancer Honorary Moderator

I came in here to say Andy Richter Controls the Universe and Titus and was horribly beaten by the OP.

Adieu,
    Zak Hunter

Random Drop-By Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Angry Beavers I loved. same with rocko's modern life. i guess for one that hasn't been said yet..
    anyone remember Roundhouse? on nickelodeon? man i just recently remembered that show, it was so nineties and nuts. not one of my favorites really but i thought it deserved a mention. i also miss Eureka's Castle =(.

dratini by day

haunter by night

Best. Forum. Ever.

Craig

Harsh Realm
    Star Trek: Enterprise

never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Missing_
    Frasier wasn't cancelled. That show had a proper ending

I thought of one but I forgot what it was so I came up with another - Arena. It was on G4TV and had a great premise but it was cancelled. I want to see past seasons but they're only showing "Destination Vacation", which is getting pretty annoying
    I've seen Team Kaizen kill like everyone about 11 times now. Attack of The Show is pretty much dead now without Kevin Rose.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Enterprise was cancelled? Aw, peas. I loved that series!

Lately our networks have gone really nuts putting great shows on and off the air and switching timeslots so much that I have no idea what's been cancelled and what hasn't. Is Scrubs still on over there?
    [CENTER]
    ^ Better do what he says, he&#039;s crazy! ^

I used to love watching Animaniacs and Freakazoid. But one show I wish was still on (at least there are DVDs) is the vastly underrated Due South. It lasted about three or four seasons, but it was great.

Back?! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I miss Invader ZIM *has a T-shirt and stuffs* Other than that, I can't say I really miss any other cancelled shows. Usually I lose interest before the cancellation occurs, so....
    Yeah, I can break necks with my mind.

Banned

Viva La Bam

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3
    Viva La Bam
    Viva La Bam hasn't been cancelled. Its new season is starting soon
    T_M_L

My ASB Team: