Thread: soap operas?

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default soap operas?

Anyone watch soap operas? I've secrectly watched The Bold and The Beautiful for about eight years now, and I was wondering if anyone else have ever watched them too?
    MR.POKEMON
    Mr.Pokemon
    mr.pokemon

Joined TPM:August 4, 2001
    Junior Trainer:February 13, 2002
    Cool Trainer: June 3, 2002

Supporter of:AAML,AAGL and JAJL

Favorite Pokemon: Typhlosion, Lugia, Meowth, and Corsola.

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: soap operas?

Neighbours fan here :-) love those aussie soapies.
    but i hate home and away.

and i USED to watch passions. how annoying.

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

My mom and dad have BOTH watched Days of Our Lives since I was little, and still do. When I was about 10 I got into it too, and my sister and I watched Passions since it began, but the storylines are so horrible now, I can't stand it! I miss Charity and her powers. Tabitha and Endora are the only ones worth watching right now, the writers for the rest are complete and total idiots!

AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: MetallixGirl84@hotmail.com Yahoo: metallixgirl84

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

I remember when I was still quite young I used to watch General Hospital with my mother. I really don't remember what I liked about it back then.

Although Austrian television has a history of showing soaps, especially Brazilian ones, I never enjoyed them much. They are all pretty much the same.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

when I was little I used to watch general hospital and all my children with my mom.

now...well I rather not watch soap operas. unfortunately at work thats all thats ever on during the day, so I watch about 15minutes-an hour of soap operas.

some of them really suck, imo. too much cheesy drama!

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

OMG OMG OMG

I love soap operas of all sorts, daytime, nightime, all of them.

Coronation Street - Been a fan for years so many good times and sad times like when JUdy died and such. Lovely, lovely soap.

Eastenders - I really got into when it was arouind the time of Dirty Den and his missus but then when Dirty Den went it went downhill.

Footballers Wives - Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous

Home and Away - Lovely and delightful. Although can sometimes be overly dramatic for what is intended to be a pretty light hearted soap.

Neighbours - Crap acting, crap storylines yet somehow watchable. Has never been as successful as when Kylie Minogue was on it.

Shortland Street - NZ's own very successful soap. I have watched it all, car crashes, killers, the first gay kiss, the two lesbians on it. NZ is at the cutting edge of soap opery.

Days of our Lives - Gorgeous, gorgeous.

The Bold and the Beautiful. - Oh I did love Taylor.

The Young and the Restless - Mature, more steady, less dramatic but perfect.

Dallas - OH JR if I was female, he'd be all mine.

Dynasty - Dear Joan Collins may you never make shoulder pads fashionable again.

Beverly Hills 90210 - Brandon looked gay, Brandon was gay, Brenda was a bitch and Donna was a long time virgin. The premiere high school delight.

Melrose Place - Kimberly the scary doctor that breast fed someone elses kid and then blew up the place. Oh so many memories.

Titans - Was not on for long but wonderful.

The OC - Excellent first season, second season so so. Still a delight

Desperate Housewives - Bree is perfect, Gabrielle is a whore, Susan is dumb, Lynette is a crazy mother. Perfect but yet to see the second season.

Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I enjoy watching Spanish soap operas. I can sort of understand what is going on without completely understanding the language. I also occasionally watch French ones. The only problem is that I know more French than Spanish, so I tend to actually understand what they are saying instead of having to interpret it from actions.
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Its all about Eastenders like. I normally watch Emmerdale, Corrie, Eastenders but Corrie and Emmerdale have become like comedy shows really and are only good sometimes now.

Uchiha
    Sasuke

"I have lost faith in this pathetic clan"
    GreenShirT
    Still a Misc Mod at heart

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

You mean Days of our lives actually exists? Wow, I just thought it was a soap made up by other tv programmes (other soaps).

I personally like Neighbours and Eastenders at the moment, have never been into corrie though.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Normally I'd be an avid fan of both Coronation Street and Eastenders but lately they've just become boring and there's no big storylines or anything...I'm not even a fan of any single individual character. They just seem to be trudging along episode after episode of crapness.

In contrast, I was watching the Tyra Banks Show today - daytime TV, what can you do - and there was this actress from Days of our Live on. Tyra started reading out the things that this character had done in the soap which involved kidnapping her sister, raping a man, being put on death row and shooting her husband's penis off. I must say, either that's totally unrealistic or it describes the state of America perfectly. And even though I complain about the boringness of UK soaps at times, at least they're realistic to a point lol.

I'm also into Desperate Housewives atm, that has some great twists and one-liners.
    Silver Ledian
    - Former Moderator of Polls, Clubs and Games -
    - ............ ............ -

Banned

Go 90210. :biggrin: