Thread: Songs for the [Broken] Heart

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Songs for the [Broken] Heart

Hiya! I was... erm... legally... finding songs... and stuffs... *shifty eyes* and I just thought, 'maybe there could be an easier way?'

You see, I'm a die-hard romantic. I don't look at 'certain names' and download all their songs... what I do, is simply take all the names that I know, reguardless of genre, and find their love-romantic songs or their break-up slow songs... and keep those. I don't know why, but I've always been a sap for either love songs or bittersweet break-up songs. (Leaning towards the break-up songs right now. ^^;;; )

So, does anyone have any recommendations? Basically what I'm looking for are slowish songs. I know that there are 'angry' romantic/break-up songs, but i'm not really into the screaming, loud stuffs when it comes to this catagory. (I have plenty of metal-rocking music for parties.. ^^;; Not even touched getting sick of those.) I like any genre if their relatively slow, break-up, romanticish (gosh... I keep repeating here... guess I'm stressing) but the typical genres I have for this type are country, alternative, punk, pop, rock, gothic rock, etc... For instance, the All American Rejects tend to always be fast beat and the typical punk in catagory. However, I found "It Ends Tonight" and I love that song. ^_^ It's away from their normal fast beat, while staying in the catagory still. Same with Nickelback, who has "Far Away" and "If Everyone Cared"... and even "Savin' Me". OH and you'll laugh... but even the new Backstreet Boys CD (that a friend burned for me... mind I don't like paying... lmao... but.. its legal... *shifty eyes*... 'cuz I'm a law-abiding citizen...) has songs that are pretty awesome. "Siberia" and "Lose It All"... good Breaky Songs.

But yeah... any suggestions? I wanna make a few CDs for my road trip and for my... "friend"....
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: Songs for the [Broken] Heart

Don't Speak by No Doubt?

Lol ... I have absolutely no idea what you're really looking for, I don't know if that's too poppy for you, but that was what my mind when directly to.

Can't think of anything else ...

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Not-So-Cool Trainer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Try "Look What You've Done" by Jet. Hmm... and maybe "I Understand" by Herman's Hermits if you're willing to stretch back that far. Ooh, and "She's Leaving Home" by the Beatles. Technically, anyways. It still has the same spirit.

Hope this helps!
    As long as I'm singin',
    Then the world's alright,
    Ev'rything's swingin',
    Long as I'm singin' my song...
    dA|FB|Twitter|Steam|Wiki

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Oh, and how could I forget Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler. Classic love-ish song of the 80s.

Cheers!
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well for my recent break up with Dani, I have been listening to Full of Grace by Sarah McLachlan and Eternal Snow by Myco. Both are very good breakup songs to listen to. Both seem to be very slowish just one is English while the other one is Japanese.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

In my opinion the best and most powerful song for this particular genre is "That Was Yesterday" by Foreigner. You say you look for slow songs; this one isn't particularly slow, it's more midtempo poprock but I think you should give it a chance.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Mr. Big - To Be With You
    there ya go.

I don't really listen to much slowish/breakup stuff, I know some pretty good fast breakup songs though
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.