Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The I Just Saw Thread

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default The I Just Saw Thread

I figured a thread like this might be a good idea, might get more people posting in here and stuff. We have a "post the current song" thread, so why not a movie one? If the movie you just saw isn't particularly blockbuster, talk about it here! Like what you're currently watching. Spice it up a little bit in this forum.

I Just Saw "Cheaper by the Dozen 2." It was kind of sappy and predictable, but it was also hilarious. I will never look at meatloaf the same way again.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: The I Just Saw Thread

I saw Wedding Crashers a few days ago, nice romantic comedy, but not a sappy chick flick. Also it takes place mostly in Maryland, my home state! I already posted in the thread for it, so I'm not going to reproduce what I said here.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

On Sunday I saw Remember the Titans for something like the eighth time. That movie never gets old. And even though I had to leave before it was over, I saw the majority of Rainman (is it one word?) last week. One of the all-time great movies, and I've never seen the whole thing. Figures.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

for all seasons Moderator

I took my sweet time, but I finally managed to catch The Deer Hunter for the first time yesterday. Damn fine movie, that. Seems to have aged pretty well, the acting and writing has a lot of impact even now. The ending is a smidgen dated, but it suited the film well. I just doubt they'd have it that way nowadays.

Reminded me how great Robert De Niro is, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Master Trainer

I just saw Corpse Bride in the cheap month-late theater in Rumford. It was... entertaining.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

The last new (to me, that is, a movie I've seen for the first time) movie I watched was Beyond The Sea, starring Kevin Spacey. It's a musical about the life of Bobby Darin, who was a singer, commonly known for Mack the Knife, Dream Lover, and Splish Splash.

Anyway...

OH GOD. I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY. OGOD OGOD. I already loved him due to K-PAX, but now... just wow.

He's so talented. Sure, we all know he can act. But he sings. He dances. He directs. He shares writing credit. And... he's cute. XD I know, he's 21 years older than me but a girl can daydream, can't she? I now have this fantasy I run into him on the street and he winds up asking me to be in a musical with him. Oh. Oh, I can't stand it!

Kevin freakin' Spacey, man. <3 Ungh!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I just saw the chronicles of narnia today with my mom for her birthday (she <3 the books as a kid). I liked it all right, the story was great but the effects were kinda meh and the witch's clothes made me LOL. I liked the animals and funky creatures, beavers were loveable and gryphons were awesome for their short part. and wtf @ santa just showing up. I'm curious what the next one will be about, it's like "rah rah fight war win war happily ever after the end" what's left to make 6 more books/movies about?

Master Trainer

I saw the Producers, and laughed hysterically. It's spriiiiiiingtime for Hitlerrrrrrr in Germany *dances*

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Oh yeah, that's a great one. I saw The Producers as a play, actually. It's fun.

As for myself, I recently saw Glory Road. That was one of the first movies in months that I actually wanted to see enough to go to the movie theater. I've been uninterested in pretty much everything else that's come out lately.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Magmar
    I Just Saw "Cheaper by the Dozen 2." It was kind of sappy and predictable, but it was also hilarious. I will never look at meatloaf the same way again.
    Remind me to never ask for your movie opinions. I actually asked my brother "Who the fuck saw the first one enough to warrant a sequel?" Now I know.

Wallace and Gromit on DVD last night. Gorgeous animation, and solid movie.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Agreed, Wallace and Gromit is an excellent film, which retained all the British humour we love so much. I just love the series.

Anyway I just saw both saw films: Saw and SawII. I love films like that - almost psycological horror/thrillers, theyre just ace. The two films were quite different: the first dealing with the two men locked in a room, the second looking at a group roaming a house of mind games and traps. I loved them.

Although SawIII is rumoured for June, I can't see it being good

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I saw The Producers and was bored shitless. It could've been at LEAST an hour longer and they could've cut some songs. Yea, release the entire boring thing on DVD but make a movie translation, things need to be changed. I loved Uma Thurman, she was brilliant.

Also saw Underworld 2. Boring violence that was really quite stupid. And the whole wolf/bat dude was a retard.

Plus, yesterday I saw Jarhead. Brilliantly acted. I had no idea the American Millitary was so fucked up. It was a good movie, but I didn't enjoy it.

Master Trainer

The first half of the Producers bored me to death.

BUT I just saw RENT for the SEVENTH time. Five times in theaters... I've got problems I know... LOVE IT!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

[b]Lately the only movie I've seen is rent. I saw it 5 times in theater(like magmar) and even went to see it in theater when it was in town two weeks ago. I've also watched it 2 and 1/2 times since tuesday.
    CHOMP~

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Date Movie, as a movie it was very random. Should have been a sketch show. Was funny in bits like

Uchiha
    Sasuke

"I have lost faith in this pathetic clan"
    GreenShirT
    Still a Misc Mod at heart

Master Trainer

I just saw Firewall.

LAMEST MOVIE EVER. But I went for free... my boyfriend apparently has money XD

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I watch a lot of classic great movies and stuff

Just watched Kids are all right with The Who and it was well cut and a great experience if you like the who or just plain rock and roll.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I saw Final Destination 3 the other week. It was craptacular. Deaths were quite funny though.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Elite Trainer

really? The first two were great. What was 'craptacular' about it?

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

[color=thistle]FD 3 is just corny in general. I quite agree with the craptacular rating, though! The deaths were so darn funny, mainly cos you could see them coming a mile off! ^^
    Another reason I dislike it, I saw it on Valentines Day...instead of Memoirs of a Geisha! Everyone kick my ex-boyfriend!! Kick him!!

Latest film I've seen is Seven Swords! A wonderful Chinese swordy film...it was rather long, but I didn't fall asleep *looks proud* AND I almost managed to follow who all the characters were! *huggles swords* It also has the coolest swords I've seen in ages...seriously...check em out!

Dragon was my favourite character...man, he was so sexy! ^^

Dragon!
    Dragon is the end one - He's got the coolest swordy...^^
    The rest!

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

I just saw Firewall.

LAMEST MOVIE EVER. But I went for free... my boyfriend apparently has money XD
    I thought that firewall was a alright movie, but kind of predictable. Espically at the end. Harrison Ford looked too much like Han Solo holding that pistol with one hand.

Master Trainer

I just saw V for Vendetta. AMAZING AS HELL.

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Little_Pikachu

I saw Hostel the other night and I have to say I left feeling very let down. Maybe we got a horribly cut and edited version here, I don't know, but what I'd heard about it and what it actually was could've been 2 different movies. I'd heard there was a contest to make the sickest, more gory movie ever, that people had left the cinema feeling ill, it was gonna be no holds barred, non stop slicing, dicing and horiffic torture. What did I actually get? Half an hour of something resembling American Pie and a lot of implied violence. Seriously, a man disappears and then a guy is screaming, I'd take a guess that he was having his ankles cut, but you didn't even see the knife anywhere near them. The bits of full gore you did see were kept very short and brief.

Having said that, it was an alright movie, I was just very disappointed in the supposed 'shock factor' of it all.

***SLARTIBARTFAST*** Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I just saw V for Vendetta. AMAZING AS HELL.
    Agreeing. Except I saw it on bootleg in my friend's dorm, but it was still awesomely awesome. I can't believe that was Hugo Weaving behind that mask.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~*Arkeis.com - Pokemon art and game info!

Super Moderator

Way to spoil the ending. Use spoiler tags.

Elite Trainer

It's not a spoiler at all because its not part of the plot. I'm just saying that Hugo Weaving plays V, even though I didn't know that until I saw the cast list.

Super Moderator

It is a spoiler because in all the advertisements (Here at least) it's all about "Who's the m an behind the mask! Who knows!?" And now you've just ruined a part of the suspense of the movie. (Which I haven't seen) which is therefore a spoiler. Even, next time, just post like this

I enjoyed the movie, but the part where

SPOILER

Bob Died

End Spoiler

Was kind of sad and not very well done.

Elite Trainer

But if you have seen the movie, you would know why that isn't a spoiler. I'm just telling you what actor played the character (which is irrelevant to the plot and therefore does not ruin the suspense at all), not who the character actually is in the movie

Master Trainer

That wasn't the ending, that was the actor who played the role, lol. The "man behind the mask" isn't about who is the actor, it's about the guy himself.

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Banned

Nonono. It's not a spoiler. Hugo Weaving played the guy who wore the mask. They never revealed him. The actors name is Hugo Weaving.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I saw Wedding Crashers a few days ago, nice romantic comedy, but not a sappy chick flick. Also it takes place mostly in Maryland, my home state! I already posted in the thread for it, so I'm not going to reproduce what I said here.
    CRAB CAKES AND FOOTBALL! THAT'S WHAT MARYLAND DOES!
    Burning in water, drowning in flame

Master Trainer

I just saw WRESTLEMANIA and holy shit was it awesome.

I also... ironically just saw Wedding Crashers...

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Still More Important Than Zak Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I recently saw The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe again. Rented it last night. Very well done.

Also, two weeks ago, I saw Walk the Line. Spectacular work by Joaquin Phoenix. He's a great actor and he sounds just like Johnny Cash when singing. This is definitely worth buying.
    Original Knight of I.N.D.E.E.D.

Still More Important Than Zak Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Katie
    I just saw the chronicles of narnia today with my mom for her birthday (she <3 the books as a kid). I liked it all right, the story was great but the effects were kinda meh and the witch's clothes made me LOL. I liked the animals and funky creatures, beavers were loveable and gryphons were awesome for their short part. and wtf @ santa just showing up. I'm curious what the next one will be about, it's like "rah rah fight war win war happily ever after the end" what's left to make 6 more books/movies about?
    Just so ya know, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is like the third in the whole series. I doubt they'll do the other ones.

They don't all deal directly with Narnia, I don't believe. The first two go into detail about how the Witch came to find Narnia and about her rule in general. I'm not sure about the last three.
    Original Knight of I.N.D.E.E.D.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Silent Hill.

A decent game to movie converson. Not a brilliant movie, but good for what it is.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Elite Trainer

Just saw -- Alias.

One of the worst shows I've seen. On instead of Lost this week, so I watched. Ugh. Special Revelation next week. Sum-up of the season. Stupid. Boring. Going to watch it.

Master Trainer

I just saw Silent Hill kill it kill it KILL IT!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Elite Trainer

Ooh, im a fan of the games. How was it?

Master Trainer

kILL IT!!!!

it was so confusing it hurt

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Elite Trainer

Was it scary?