Thread: GGG Rules

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Note GGG Rules

UPDATE: Polls, Clubs and Games has just become Games, Games, Games! Polls must now be posted in whatever forum suits their theme. You may still create and join clubs here, they're just not a part of the forum title now.

------

General Rules

=1= All of TPM's general rules are in operation here at GGG, as is everywhere.

=2= Your behaviour plays a significant role, determining if we should keep an eye on you prospectively or not. Expressing disagreement with other members views is fine, but being hostile towards one another is not accepted, otherwise known as a 'Flame War'. Harassing and spiting other members will result in serious termination of your GGG privileges for a short while. If it continues, it will be permanent. If you must compile such immature behaviour towards a certain member, keep it outside of GGG. In fact, keep it out of TPM altogether. Keep your poise up to rational standards, at all times.

If a flame war becomes uncontrollable, a moderator will either delete every part of it, or simply close the topic entirely.

=3= Spamming was a reason why the old PCG forum perceived a bad name antecedently. Continuously posting weak replies to polls, games or clubs will result in a possible warning. Quality and simplicity are best recognized in posts.

=4= Posting topics or replies that may offend other members is not appreciated. The topic or the replies will be deleted instantaneously if you attempt to try such, along with a warning.

=5= No making 2 posts in a row unless there's a good reason for it (some posts, mainly updates, need to be stand-alone). If you remember you had something else to say, edit your old post, don't make a new one.

=6= Truth Or Dares are not allowed to take part in GGG that break the rules. You'll be dealt a stronger consequence than you normally would for breaking a desired rule if we happen to discover your diversion. We're strict on this particularly, and the offense level can range up to a forum ban.

=7= Depending on the extent of the violations someone may comprehend, rule breaking can result in a warning or, if the offense is excessive or repeatedit may result in a GGG ban, and in very extreme cases, a total ban from TPM altogether, while breaking the rules of a particular topic (and not the general GGG or TPM rules) can result in a ban from that topic. That will be decided amongst the group of moderators and board authorities on a case by case basis.

Games

=1= You can create games freely, but they may still get closed if they're considered SPAM (as per the General Rules). You may still consult the mods if you're unsure about the rules or fine details of the game you're trying to post; we're always willing to give you a hand when needed.

=2= Unoriginal games (those which are mostly duplicates of other games) will be closed. (Quizzes are distinct, just make sure they contrast from the other quizzes! We'll tell you if it's too similar to another.)

=3= Posting new versions of the games is acceptable. Common sense applies regarding when it's time to post a new version.

=4= The rules of your game must be stated every time you post a new version, this is so new people don't get confused. Not doing so will result in closure.

=5= All of the specific game's rules must be abided by at all times. Breaking them continuously will result in a warning, then a game ban of 5 days. Tougher measures will be taken if your behaviour doesn't improve immediately.

=6= After you've made a post on a game, you have to wait until at least 2 more people have posted after you before posting again on that topic. Exception: if a week has passed since the last post and only one person has posted after you, or if your post is needed for the game to progress (i.e. it cannot continue without your post), then you're free to post again.

There are a few games exempted from this rule. Here's the list:

No restrictions5 posts a day*

• Lingo
    • Pokémon Hangman
    • Pokémon BrainStrain
    • The Translator
    • The Riddle Game
    • Unown Awards nomination topic

• Questions Only
    • Rule the Roost
    • Stymied Sentences
    • TPM Tower Of Babel

*The games listed under "5 posts a day" shall abide by the following rule: no more than 5 posts per person within a 24-hour period.

If you want to post a game and you consider that, for some reason, it should be excluded from the "wait 2 posts" rule, state your reason to one of the mods and we will discuss it on a game by game basis.

Clubs

You can create and join clubs freely. Just keep in mind the following points.

=1= All clubs must have a tag. Club:, [Club], <Club>, are just a few examples of tags. They may either be implemented into the topic title somewhere, otherwise a tag must be put at either the end or the start of the topic's title. Also, you must state in the first post which moderator approved the club, or in the topic's title.

[Example 1] ~*Club*~ Charmander Central
    [Example 2] Club: Eevee House
    [Example 3] The International Club

=2= Clubs no longer need to be approved by mods, but a mod may still close a club if it's considered inappropriate or too similar to another club.

=3= Don't create a club and just forget about it. Try to stay active or else it will die really fast. You may get help from other members to run it and/or ask the mods for advice on improving a club's activity, but it mostly boils down to whether people find it interesting and whether you can keep discussions going or offer regular activities to keep the club alive.

=4= Clubs must be open to everyone who wants to join. If you want to make a closed community for a specific group of people, use the Social Groups feature instead.

Moderator Contacts

If you need to contact a specific moderator of the forum, notify us in any of the following ways. PMing us is always an alternative, but otherwise, here they are.

Knight of Time
    Name: Kyle
    Discord: Knight of Time#4253

Lady Vulpix
    Name: Gabi
    Discord: Gabi#4913

Attributes

Major thanks to the following PCG/GGG moderators who have helped keep this forum running.

pikatogepi
    Vidgamer
    Lawrence III_Fanatic
    Pidgeot
    Link (Heracross)
    shazza
    Angel Blossom
    Dark_Flame
    Silver Ledian
    Quicksilver62160
    cool_daddy_47
    Lady Vulpix
    Wolfsong (Nala98)
    Jay
    The_Missing_Link
    Aipom Of Doom
    Cheesey
    Kirei
    Knight of Time

Thanks very much for reading the above rules. Any questions about them should be asked here, and all Adopted/Captured Pokémon queries go in the sticky topic at the subforum.

Now, get out there and have fun.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 2nd April 2020 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Putting in the current names of the GGG mods, with their former username in brackets. Also fixing the name of one of them.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: PCG Rules

That is weird! At any rate, I think reposting them as a refresher was probably a good idea. People have unfortunate tendency to break rules rather frequently (and I'm not an exception, I've done it a couple of times)
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Hmm, nice to see a new rules topic here, but I have two things I thought I should mention.

Firstly, shouldn't Jeff (TheBlueAvenger) be listed as one of the persons others can get Crystal Caves help on?

Secondly, what has happened with Soo lately? I saw she was demodded, but why?
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Administrator

Jeff's been added to the list, thanks for pointing it out. As for Soo, as I told you on IM, she doesn't feel she has the time to be a mod here right now.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Ah.

But now I see that Ade's gone too (no doubt it has to partailly do with his wedding to Soo, right?).

Just wondering, but if they (Soo and Ade) are both gone from TPM, then is Ade no longer part of the Dragon Tamers crew (and similarly, is Soo no longer with the PokeZoo crew?)?

Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Administrator

Soo is no longer a member of the PokeZoo crew. Ade is still a member of the Dragon Tamers crew.

TPM's Statistician Honorary ModeratorMaster Trainer
    Master Trainer
    (Donator)

It been along time but I am visiting hope everyone is having fun!
    homeofmew
    (homeofmew#1337)

Administrator

I hope you have fun too, Tina, but a rules topic is not the right place for idle chatter. Why don't you start a club?

I Finnished last Moderator

Hm, if you add or omit something small to the rules of a game that is already going on, do you always have to inform a moderator?

I ask because I would like to omit this line from the whacking game:

Most Elusive Whack: awarded to the user that was whacked the least amount of times

I already sent it to T_M_L, but I still want to ask.

shazza Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I believe (unless vital fundamentals of the game have been changed that it has derived into a new game) a moderator of PCG or super-moderator do not need to be informed of YOUR minor rule changes.
    -shazza.

Um, was there a rule about posting more than one reply in a poll once? Some people seem to be doing that now. Including myself.

Administrator

How come I've only just seen that question?

The rules are the ones listed above and none other (save for the TPM general rules). So there's no rule against posting twice in a poll topic. Of course, posting the same replies twice constitutes SPAM, as does splitting a single reply into multiple posts. But if you have a valid reason to make more than one post, go ahead. In other words, use your common sense.

Default Re: GGG Rules

I'd like to open my mouth and complain, once again. Twisted Wishes and What Would You Do If...? are dead! Should the wait-for-two-other-persons-to-post rule be changed or would it make any difference?

Administrator

It's been changed now, along with something else.

Thanks for your help.

Just wondering, but is bumping/reviving a game thread (e.g. the newest version of a particular game) allowed these days? I have to admit, there's a couple of games I'm starting to miss that I'm slightly anxious to bring some new life into (hopefully without the need to post a new version, but if a new version had to be posted, that's totally fine)...doesn't that make anyone here besides me miss certain games?
    Knight of Time

Banned

Why is posting new versions of the games is acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by EleoMod View Post
    Why is posting new versions of the games is acceptable?
    Well, it's mainly for when you want to continue playing a particular game...when one version has a lot of posts (e.g. 300 to 400) in it, it's generally closed, and the person running the game (or someone who has a job as a co-worker there, such as Pokemon Hangman) usually takes the responsibility of posting the next version...e.g. if the current version of What Would You Do If...? was closed, I'd have to post the next version because I created that game.

It's just like Lady Vulpix said in the first post, it's common sense that applies when the time comes for a new version of a particular game to be posted.
    Knight of Time

I think we should finally remove the wait-for-two-other-persons-to-post rule completely. It would bring more activity among veterans as well as make the forum more newbie-friendly.

Hi guys, I was taking a curious look at this topic lately, and I just realized that there's a few things I want to talk about that have to do with the first post.

First of all, what happened to the list of games that were exempt from the "wait for two people to post after you" list? I know Pokemon Hangman and Pokemon BrainStrain are excluded from that list, but what other game(s) were excluded from it?

Second, what happened to the list of games that fall under the "5 posts a day" rule? Unfortunately, I cannot remember what games fall under this rule.

Third, being as The_Missing_Link hasn't been here in ages (I sent her an e-mail back in April this year, but I highly doubt she saw it), are we going to do anything about her contact information? I'm kinda starting to miss her.
    Knight of Time

Administrator

Oops! Apparently Kevin made an upgrade which broke the table tags. I've changed them for centered tables.

As for Rebecca, I wonder what she's doing these days.