Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist...

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Fullmetal Alchemist...

Does anyone else here like Fullmetal Alchemist? I have been enjoying since I first discovered it a few weeks ago(Cartoon Network airs it early early Sunday morningsat 12:30AM where I live) I must say I'm impressed by the storyline. I wish we could have seen more of Riza Hawkeye though, she looks beautiful with the gun she fires at the screen in the opening(Ready Steady Go).

Just my opinion.
    MR.POKEMON
    Mr.Pokemon
    mr.pokemon

Joined TPM:August 4, 2001
    Junior Trainer:February 13, 2002
    Cool Trainer: June 3, 2002

Supporter of:AAML,AAGL and JAJL

Favorite Pokemon: Typhlosion, Lugia, Meowth, and Corsola.

Back?! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Fullmetal Alchemist...

Ooh, yes, I love it! Pretty much every episode has my eyes glued to the screen, and it's lucky I tape them on TiVo, cuz otherwise I'd go mad during commercials. One of the things I like about it is that I can't usually tell what's going to happen until soon before it happens, and I'm usually really good at predicting things.

Yeah, I'd like to see more of Hawkeye. She's cool. :3
    Yeah, I can break necks with my mind.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] You should say thanks to Cartoon Network for limiting the number of openings and endings of FMA to one each. Ready Steady Go isn't the best opening.

You dudes should really hear Motherland where they concentrate all their attention to Winry. In fact, Winry > Riza.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-San
    [b][size=3] You should say thanks to Cartoon Network for limiting the number of openings and endings of FMA to one each. Ready Steady Go isn't the best opening.

You dudes should really hear Motherland where they concentrate all their attention to Winry. In fact, Winry > Riza.

Actually, I have been able to see two other openings (the 3rd and 4th openings). I must say I like the "Undo" opening, but I still like "Ready Steady Go".

As for who is better between Winry and Riza, it is a matter of personal taste. If I'm in the minority then, so be it.
    MR.POKEMON
    Mr.Pokemon
    mr.pokemon

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] I must agree. Riza has the potential to be a hottie if the producers has done much character development on her.

After all, you should have seen the episode where she shot at the puppy who had just decided to piss at one corner of the police station. The puppy was shunned. Poor puppy....

Little_Pikachu

I've seen the first few episodes subbed, we don't get such anime on TV over here (although I have heard words that we might soon *Say no more*)! I did enjoy it and keep intending to watch some more, I just don't get around to it. It's a good series and I'd watch more if I could be bothered

Da Big Cheez of TCG Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'd watch it if I can actually get my hands on it. Well, it's already on sale here, so maybe I might get it after they release all the eps. I hate buying anime when they're only selling half the series.
    Roarkiller
    The only one there is

Roarkiller.net

The Last TCG Moderator

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Roarkiller
    I'd watch it if I can actually get my hands on it. Well, it's already on sale here, so maybe I might get it after they release all the eps. I hate buying anime when they're only selling half the series.
    Yeah, same for me. There's a shop near my town that sell the whole episode. I'd like to buy it, except that my pocket money says otherwise
    Please take it easy~

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] Too bad you ain't in Singapore long enough. If not, you would be enjoying my FMA. It is disturbing to know that there are rumours that some scenes have been cut due to excessive violence. -_-"

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I've watched the entire series with subs and I thought it was great. Just kept on getting interesting. Some of the fights in it are excellent. I also liked the 'science' of Alchemy. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it already.
    Adam Pearson,an Evertonian forever.

Click here to be enlightened...
    My Photo Album...if anyone's interested...
    AIM: Adzandhisps2

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] Science of Alchemy? Now you are making the anime sounds educational when it is not. By any chance if you do get your hands on the movie, do feedback to us if you enjoy it.

I've watched the movie. Story plot wise was okay. It is only disappointing that they didn't protray the romance part. The series was lacking of it so my guess was that the movie will include it in. But I guess I'm wrong.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

[b][size=3] Science of Alchemy? Now you are making the anime sounds educational when it is not.
    lol, that was the only word I could think of at the time for 'the way Alchemy works' in the anime. I wasn't implying it was educational. I'm not enough stupid to...what?...oh...that? That was just a pattern I drew for a laugh...not what it looks like...*hides useless piece of metal behind his back*...it's nothing...honest...

...and yes, I will post a comment on the feature-length version once I've seen it. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I've seen most of the episodes but I missed the one where Al runs away and Ed finally tells him that important thing that he's witheld from him for a while. Can anyone tell me what it was?

Edit: Also forgot to add that 'Ready Steady Go' is an awesome opening, songwise
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by The_Missing_
    I've seen most of the episodes but I missed the one where Al runs away and Ed finally tells him that important thing that he's witheld from him for a while. Can anyone tell me what it was?

Edit: Also forgot to add that 'Ready Steady Go' is an awesome opening, songwise
    Yeah, I can tell you.

Highlight text below:
    The important question that Ed wanted to ask Al was "Do you hate me for putting you into a suit of armour?". Al's answer was "No". At least, that's what it was in the story of the Japanese version.

Hope that clears things up.

Oh, and my favourite opening theme is probably the 4th one (which you may or may not have heard). I also like the 1st opening theme and the 2nd ending theme.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I missed the first few minutes of the episode tonight but I saw Lust with something going through the tattoo on her chest. Did she kill herself and if she did, why?
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] Sis, that tattoo is a symbol that represents that she is a homoculus. Going through the tattoo on her chest with her fingers? I don't think so that she killed herself.

If I'm not wrong, it is to prove to someone possibily a victim that she is not killed that easily. It would be better if you can tell me what episode was it! I can easily do a quick check using my collection.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I know what it is, Dark. I've seen every episode up until now

I didn't see what went through Lust, if anything did at all. I just saw a split second of her
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Pikachu
    I've seen the first few episodes subbed, we don't get such anime on TV over here (although I have heard words that we might soon *Say no more*)! I did enjoy it and keep intending to watch some more, I just don't get around to it. It's a good series and I'd watch more if I could be bothered
    That's funny if you live in the UK because it's aired twice a week along with Wolf's Rain.

FMA imo is probably one of, if not the best anime in the past 2 years. They've done a pretty decent job with the dub aswell~

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

There were three nails connecting her to the train; two were through each arm, and the third was through her tatoo. She was hung up like that because she betrayed their "master" by helping Scar during last episode.

[b][i][font=Palatino Linotype]-Grey
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

So she's still alive then or just dead?
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:

She's still alive. No worries. I have the entire series on DVD and have seen it back to front many times, so it's not a theory. She's still alive.

-Grey

Fullmetal Alchemist is my favorite anime and manga of all time. I have all of the episodes (fansubbed) on my computer except for episodes 10 and 24, which don't work for some reason. I have all five English volumes and have read most of what's on [b][size=3]*Link removed* I have the FMA theme songs (all eight) on my iPod, and I've been listening to them nonstop.

I'm also working on an FMA fansite, [b][size=3]*Link removed*

... Um, yeah, I like FMA. xD

[color=chocolate][b][size=3] Edit~ Glad to know that you are a FMA fan. This anime itself had won itself a title as the best in 2004. However about your post. You might want to take refer to the rules topic.

7) There should be NO advertising in your posts. If you wish to advertise your site, please do it in your signature.
    [b][size=3]and

9) Please do not post links to sites with licensed material content as this may get the staff of TPM into trouble. Links will be edited out and a warning issued. Reposting will lead to closure of the topic and another warning given. If you are desperate to find any links, feel free to PM either me or any of the other OA mods.
    [b][size=3]FMA manga is already liscened if I'm not wrong and as for your own personal site, kindly put it at your signature. Not to worry, take this as a reminder.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Your fansite is nice and orderly. Can't wait to see more stuff added to it
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:

XD Thanks, but it'll probably be a while before it opens. I have exams and school and life and another site I run, so yeah.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I have the FMA soundtrack, too. It's the background music for the anime, basically, and it pwns. :3

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

OMFG this place is beyond the fucking joke. So now you can't post links to anywhere? You might as well go attack my EOJ thread in TCG to remove the source link to DMComet.

zomg remove the word DMComet because I r advertisizing!!!11!111oneoneshiftone

Larissa, where did you get the soundtrack? Download from somewhere or did you buy it~? I can't d/l big files 'cause I live in the middle of nowhere and I only get 56k dial up ~_~;

IMHO I'd say FMA was probably the best anime of last year aswell~

You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Trip Joker
    OMFG this place is beyond the ****ing joke. So now you can't post links to anywhere? You might as well go attack my EOJ thread in TCG to remove the source link to DMComet.

zomg remove the word DMComet because I r advertisizing!!!11!111oneoneshiftone

Larissa, where did you get the soundtrack? Download from somewhere or did you buy it~? I can't d/l big files 'cause I live in the middle of nowhere and I only get 56k dial up ~_~;

IMHO I'd say FMA was probably the best anime of last year aswell~
    [b][size=3] No worries, let me clear up the situation a bit,

Firstly, Larissa was only reminded of the rules and not warned.

Secondly, advertising is against the rule here. After all, she could have posted a screenshot on the forum instead of providing a direct link to her site.

Thirdly, as for the manga site, I had it removed as stated in the rules that TPM supports copyright and hence I wouldn't want to get TPM into trouble with the law because of this.

Lastly for the TCG topic, you posted your link there as a reference quoted from the origin site. So hence it is only due to respect that you posted the link there to acknowledge that the work is theirs and not yours. Besides it had been a practice since like the begining over at TCG.

I hope I have explain much. After all this is only a small matter, why should we make such a big fuss about it?

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Because posting here used to be fun. Now it seems to be controlled by bullshit rules.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Because posting here used to be fun. Now it seems to be controlled by bullshit rules.
    [b][size=3] The rules are there as a deterents to those members thinking of causing nothing but trouble.

Even with the rules, life at TPM can still fun. At least for Larissa's case, if she have the intention of showing her creation of her personal website to the members of TPM, she can just pm the mods. We would discussed it among ourselves and may allowed her case as an exception. Hence giving her the chance to show off her site here.

The mods can be flexible with the rules. All you do is just to ask for permission.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa
    I have the FMA theme songs (all eight) on my iPod, and I've been listening to them nonstop.
    Yeah, the soundtrack is great. My favourite tracks are "Rewrite", "Tobira no Mukou e", " "Melissa" and "Brothers". As for the music in general, I thought it was used to good effect in a lot of the scenes.

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

[b][size=3] The rules are there as a deterents to those members thinking of causing nothing but trouble.

Even with the rules, life at TPM can still fun. At least for Larissa's case, if she have the intention of showing her creation of her personal website to the members of TPM, she can just pm the mods. We would discussed it among ourselves and may allowed her case as an exception. Hence giving her the chance to show off her site here.

The mods can be flexible with the rules. All you do is just to ask for permission.
    So one would be able exploit those rules depending on the construction of the post, correct?

Like Ninja (You Don't See Me) Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

So one would be able exploit those rules depending on the construction of the post, correct?
    Exploit is such a harsh word.

A quick, practical outline of the link rules, without going into much detail, is
    (1) No licenced stuff, non-negotiable
    (2) Must contribute to topic

"I'm also working on an FMA fansite" is not a real contribution, and falls more under the catagory of advertisement. If that was in a signature, we'd have no problem.

a.k.a. Yes, there are subtle ways to get around the advertisement rule. Contribution.
    EVme15
    Because college has finally stopped gnawing on my soul.

Joined 10/18/00
    Junior Trainer 11/24/00
    Cool Trainer 3/2/01
    Advanced Trainer 5?/16?/02 (Officially: 9/9/02)
    Modded into OA 1/12/04
    Elite Trainer (#185) 11/14/05

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by EVme15
    Exploit is such a harsh word. :P

A quick, practical outline of the link rules, without going into much detail, is
    (1) No licenced stuff, non-negotiable
    (2) Must contribute to topic

"I'm also working on an FMA fansite" is not a real contribution, and falls more under the catagory of advertisement. If that was in a signature, we'd have no problem.

a.k.a. Yes, there are subtle ways to get around the advertisement rule. Contribution.
    So one would be able to construct a sentence oh I dunno, say somewhat similar to this:

"[Insert info, blah blah blah, etc about whatever in this little sentence/paragraph/etc" [insert link to the site]- source

That would be perfectly fine, correct? :P

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] Well, this topic is about Full Metal Alchemist not about the rule discussion. Shall we keep to the topic? Thanks.

o_o;;

I didn't mean to cause controversy or anything...

and note to self: read rules. XDD;; Sorry about that.

And... yeah. o.o

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

FMA is a very good anime, has a very nice plot with some good sub plots. Personally I think that the song titles fit the openings, from Ready Steady Go! to Undo to Rewrite, kudos to making the opening songs tell whats going on. Poor Al though, he can't feel anything, he is like a living robot. He has a soul just no external pain.
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Banned

Dude...FMA is the BEST anime ever! I wish Scar didn't have to die though...he was kool.

Oh and yeah it must REALLY suck to be Al. Memory loss, no feeling, no taste, etc. Plus he has to so careful that his blood seal doesn't get messed up.

Colored out the spoiler for you, just in case someone here hasn't gotten that far yet. ~EVme15

Slacker Supreme Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'm actually starting to get intrigued by this show. The beginning was very slow, and seemed kinda typical of most anime (where the charaters go through random misadventures until they find a big problem that the rest of the series is dedicated to). but ip must say that some of the twists lately have been actually well done, and I find myself really perplexed as to how they will resolve the whole issue with the Military.

Quick question. In the scene where Scar dies*, what was the title of the song playing in the background? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere I go. It's the same song that plays while Alphonse is sacrificing himself to use the Philosopher's Stone to bring Ed back to life**.

Also, does anyone know who does the vocal work for the song "Brothers"?

[size=1]*Episode 42 Spoiler
    **Episode 51 Spoiler

Fixed it for you. The darker background is 232323
    -Grey

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter
    Quick question. In the scene where Scar dies*, what was the title of the song playing in the background? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere I go. It's the same song that plays while Alphonse is sacrificing himself to use the Philosopher's Stone to bring Ed back to life**.

Also, does anyone know who does the vocal work for the song "Brothers"?

[size=1]*Episode 42 Spoiler
    **Episode 51 Spoiler

I think you should change the spoiler color to what Kayla used cause I can see everything without highlighting (quote sesshomaru's post to see the color)

I don't mind though. I've known most of the spoilers for a while now

Fixed it for you, too ^_~
    Hm, quotes seem to be a different color...
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

The final episode aired last Saturday here in the US...all I have to say the show was very good until about Ep. 48 when it started going downhill to end in a strange and anti-climatic ending to a usually wonderful series. Still, lots of things were resolved, and there is the movie which will come out over here soon...I guess that's to the show's credit though.
    MR.POKEMON
    Mr.Pokemon
    mr.pokemon