Thread: Freak Accident

Banned

Default Freak Accident

I've been back in Melbourne for only about two weeks and already I'm hearing all over the news about a freak accident up at Cardross, Mildura, on the border of Victoria and New South Wales.

Check this out: http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...001021,00.html

I am appalled. Six lives destroyed in a single accident.

It makes me wonder, sometimes, why innocent lives are always snuffed out like that. I can't imagine the devastation that the close-knit community of Mildura is going through now.

I've actually considered going up there for the funeral on Friday - I'll have to take a coach up tomorrow evening and return by Saturday, long journey (9 hours). In a dilemma now actually, don't know if I should go or not.

As I type this my tears flow freely. I go to bed tonight, a sadder and wiser person.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Freak Accident

It's not a freak accident. Deaths like that happen everyday and it's only a big deal because the town is probably so close-knit. I may be sounding like an ass but if you consider every hit-and-run that happens all around the world, this one doesn't seem so out of the ordinary. Of course it's sad that a lot of kids were killed but that's life

And I suggest that you don't go. You don't have to go to a funeral to pay your respects
    T_M_L

My ASB Team:
    Nightshade, Orion, Drake, Apollo, Shino, Ares, Arya, Isis, Ace, Arbiter, Nero, Haplo, Coren, and Marit

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Freak Accident

try living in Rhode Island. People get killed every day... or worse yet, NYC
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.