Thread: Cell phone Users Read

Banned

Default Cell phone Users Read

this is pretty crummy. i heard from my friend (whom works for cingular) that they might drop T9 (predictive text option) from the options on the next generation of Cell phones because the Cell companies think that people don't actually use T9. Personally i like T9 alot, so i really want it to stay on the next generation of cell phones. He said increasing the page hits for the T9 site would show that people still use T9. Anyway if you use T9, want to do me a favor or would like to keep T9 on the next generation of cells visit their site located here (just a page hit helps): http://www.textfast.t9.com/index1.htm I simply ask that you help by giving them a page hit so that i can keep the feature on my phone.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Cell phone Users Read

...I'm actually NOT a cell phone user.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

personally i hate T9. with T9 it takes longer to write shorthand, usually because you have to cycle through the dictionary words and then just type it in yourself anyway. kind of annoying when you have a lot to say in a small space in a short amount of time.

"You hold the answers deep within your own mind.
    Consciously, you've forgotten it.
    That's the way the human mind works.
    Whenever something is too unpleasant, too shameful for us
    to entertain, we reject it.
    We erase it from our memories.
    But the imprint is always there."

Master Trainer

it likes to say 'foot' instead of 'don't' and that bothers me. but like i said i don't own a cell phone and have survived just fine without one
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Predictive text? They the cell phone companies would be right. It sucks, I don't like it. Why does it have toi be default. Its not like you need to buy a new cell phone. I've had my current one since 2003 and it works fine. I'll keep it for a while longer too. I say good riddance to predictice text.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] Yes be gone with the T9 features. I have a Nokia 7210 and the T9 features actually hinders the way when I try to type my message. Imagine when they actually spell 'What' as 'Whicu'. -_-"

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

if you know how to use it, its' great.
    but when you wnat to say a lot of stuff, just turn it off.
    duh.
    lol nah i find it heaps useful, its just so much quicker, provided the words are already in the dictionary

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Banned

i dono i really like this feature and it saves me alot of time. Why do people have such hate for T9??? i really never understand it, its like, if you don't like it don't use it... simple, but people activly hate T9... Well Manual Text Entering ate my family and raped my crops, so now i hate manual too.

Little_Pikachu

I have a PDA with a slidy out keypad so I don't use predtivtive text. I used to use it on my old phone though, never hurt me, it took a bit of getting used to, but once I started using it I found it much easier, probably due to me always doing my best to use full words and good spelling. I can image how it must annoy 13 year old AOLers who are more used to spelling everything incorrectly or with at least 3 letters dropped from it.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Frankly, I never use the TXTing options. However, I can imagine that the predictive text would drive me crazy, especially if I was having a discussion about Pokemon. An endless supply of words that I could guarantee wouldn't be in a dictionary... that would be hell.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Banned

actually u can add words to the dictionary of T9 so it would maybe be ok for you. T9 does make stuff go faster i would recomend it.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Why don't you...you know...TALK?

That's the damn point of getting a phone in the first place.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I love t9, its so much faster. sure, some words like "go" come up as "in" first, but all you do is press 0 and it changes to 'go'

I would be mad if they dropped t9 because I hate using abc mode

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Razola

[b][size=3] Yupz that is the point. However my mobile plan is an free incoming call. Hence I would usually message the person whom I wanted to call to call me.

for all seasons Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Magmar
    it likes to say 'foot' instead of 'don't' and that bothers me. but like i said i don't own a cell phone and have survived just fine without one
    lol 'I foot understand.' 'foot mess with me, man.'
    Sorry. Struck me as funny.

Anyway I could not care less, I don't use the damn feature and it annoys me when I'm trying to type a message on someone else's phone and it comes up, suggesting that I use the word sunburn for no apparent reason. Dammitall, people are getting lazy if manually entering words on a phone is too much hassle.

Incidentally, I was entirely enticed by the topic title. That's some provocative stuff there, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Razola

As I mentioned earlier, I don't use this feature; however, most of the people who I've seen who do use it do so during class. It'd be pretty blatant if they were chatting with a friend while the teacher's trying to lecture, so they do this with the phone inside a folder or something during those covert ops.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I've never had a problem with predictive text. They could add a little more to their dictionary though.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Banned

you can always use the T9 option that lets you add words to your dictionary of your phone. I used that feature alot when i started Texting people.

Cloyster Moderator

Hey, I heard that cell phones have some feature where you can actually speak to the other person, I use it all the time!

Seriously though, when I do use text messaging or when I have to type stuff into my phone for any other reason, I manually enter it. I foot ... er don't really like the predictive text feature, it feels like I have little control over exaclty what gets typed.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Im a predictive txt user and find it saves a lot of time. My phone is suited to me and it knows which words I use the most so I dont have to change words to the ones I want to use very often.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Hey, I heard that cell phones have some feature where you can actually speak to the other person
    What a disgusting world we live in. I don't think my cell can do that...it can take pictures, videos, surf the internet...erm it has WiLi (Wireless Life support) so I don't need to drag my life support machine around all the time...and I can control sea creatures with it too.

But talking to people?

Guh

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by tsugi
    you can always use the T9 option that lets you add words to your dictionary of your phone. I used that feature alot when i started Texting people.
    I know that, but some common-ish words are not in the dictionary, which can be a bit of a bitch.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Back?! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I think this is funny. People complaining because their phone isn't going to enter words for them anymore...
    Yeah, I can break necks with my mind.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Scizor
    I know that, but some common-ish words are not in the dictionary, which can be a bit of a bitch.
    ya that is a lil annoying, but in the long run u save time entering those words.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

it's called iTAP on my moto phone. and i can toggle it off with a push of the # key. no worries.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you&#039;re one of the 2% who thinks these numbers are BS, copy &amp; paste this into your signature.

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Cingular??

scrudat, buy a razr

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I can't stand predictive texting. I despise it with a deep firey passion. But they may as well keep it in for the people that do use it. They should just stop making it the default input thingy for texting grr. But anyhoo predictive texting is a bitch for small little words.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Banned

wait explain this iTap thing? and how is it better than T9?

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

i've never used (or even heard of) T9, but i think iTAP is the default predictive text program in almost all motorola phones. i like it...
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you&#039;re one of the 2% who thinks these numbers are BS, copy &amp; paste this into your signature.

Banned

I hate t9.. I rather just type it out myself because it's what I'm used to.. Good riddance.

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

My T9 is automaticaly installed and I have to put it off every time I type a message, hence I learned to type with it. It's stupid that some easy words are not in it, although I use alot of dialect so I have to type some words in that it doesn't record! Crummy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MeLoVeGhOsTs
    My T9 is automaticaly installed and I have to put it off every time I type a message, hence I learned to type with it. It's stupid that some easy words are not in it, although I use alot of dialect so I have to type some words in that it doesn't record! Crummy.
    ya some of my friends complained about it not saving their words, i thought they were just wrong, but i guess they were right because a few people on forums have the same problem.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll start messenging when cellphones have keyboards. But seriously, I find using my Cell to send text to someone stupid. 90% of the time, I can hop on a computer and message them that way. Also, if any of you dare use your cell in ANY way while driving, I give you the glare of doom.
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go.
    What was, what will be, and what is may yet fall under the Shadow
    Let the dragon once again ride on the winds of time.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

haha! its a bad habit of mine to try to tap out a text message while behind the wheel...
    i like text messaging because its like instant messaging on the go. y'know, when you wanna send a quick message without being suckered into a whole conversation, thus burning all your minutes.

Master Trainer

I GOT A CELL PHONE OMG THE WORLD HAS COME TO A HALT

...and it has that texting option, and I hate it. It doesn't like f-bombs.

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mew151
    haha! its a bad habit of mine to try to tap out a text message while behind the wheel...
    i like text messaging because its like instant messaging on the go. y'know, when you wanna send a quick message without being suckered into a whole conversation, thus burning all your minutes.
    you know people like u scare the hell outa me... japan has it right, its illeagle to use a cell phone while u drive.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

hey guys i heard cellphones give you cancer