Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: new music?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    Default new music?

    I am just starting to get into J pop thanks to my boss at umvd. He played the new Agnes Chan cd for me and i am kinda hooked. I went to ehr website and listened a bit more and i really like it so I was hoping people could recommend more j pop artists for me. Oh yeah, and if you want to check out the Agnes cd go to officialagneschan.com and listen to some clips.

  2. #2

    Default Re: new music?

    I don't listen to much JPop. The JPop artist that I frequently listen to is Rurutia. Her music's different from most JPop artists, and I like the difference. Her music's a bit hard to find unelss you order her CD's from cdjapan.co.jp or something.

  3. #3
    Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    你永远想不到的地方!
    Posts
    8,139

    Default Re: new music?

    [b][size=3] I do believe that J pop isn't some kind of 'new music'. Firstly it might be a new music to you, but do be reminded that J pop had been around since ten years ago, when the music industry starts to open out with music artisles like BOA and Ayumi exporting J pop to other countries.

    Secondly about this Agnes Chan, is he a newcomer into the entertainment world? I hadn't heard of this singer before. I myself is a J pop fanatic all thanks to anime. Perhaps you can link me to his official website where by I could actually see for myself if I can recognise the singer's face.

    Thirdly, this topic is about entertainment and hence belong to the sub-forum, Entertainment. So maybe a mod here should move this topic there where it is more relavant.

  4. #4
    ~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer
    Alucard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    771

    Default Re: new music?

    J-Pop/JRock: Ayumi Hamasaki, Coco Lee, BOA, TM Revolution, YeLLOW Generation, Porno Graffiti, Koda Kumi, L'Arc~en~ciel, Gravitation, Puffy AmiYumi and Dir en grey are to name but a few.

    I too haven't heard of Agnes Chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

    Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

    Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

  5. #5

    Default Re: new music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-San
    [b][size=3] I do believe that J pop isn't some kind of 'new music'. Firstly it might be a new music to you, but do be reminded that J pop had been around since ten years ago, when the music industry starts to open out with music artisles like BOA and Ayumi exporting J pop to other countries.
    I think he meant that he was looking for new/more JPop music.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Posts
    2,785

    Default Re: new music?

    The only J-music I've heard is Schwein, but they're awesome. I need to look into some more stuff, though. I'm thinking Gackt, Malice Mizer, and Buck-Tick. Those Japanese imports are hella expensive, though.

  7. #7
    for all seasons Moderator
    Moderator
    Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    balls
    Posts
    4,501

    Default Re: new music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Trip Joker
    J-Pop/JRock: Ayumi Hamasaki, Coco Lee, BOA, TM Revolution, YeLLOW Generation, Porno Graffiti, Koda Kumi, L'Arc~en~ciel, Gravitation, Puffy AmiYumi and Dir en grey are to name but a few.

    I too haven't heard of Agnes Chan.
    I can attest to L'Arc~en~ciel being worth tracking down, I bought Smile about a year or so ago, pretty good album. Came upon them by chance, same with Dragon Ash. Shizukana hibi no kaidan wo is a kickass tuneski. But I digress.

    I could also throw Kuraki Mai and Hikaru Utada out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

    Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

  8. #8
    ~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer
    Alucard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    771

    Default Re: new music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengachu
    The only J-music I've heard is Schwein, but they're awesome. I need to look into some more stuff, though. I'm thinking Gackt, Malice Mizer, and Buck-Tick. Those Japanese imports are hella expensive, though.
    Gackt & Malice Mizer are the more expensive because they're pretty much the most well known world wide. Abbyshot did a feature coat on Malice Mizer if I remember right~ It looks pretty nice aswell, just a tad OTT on the price ;/

    L'Arc~en~ciel are indeed a fantastic band. If you don't know how they sound and you watch anime then shame on you! They do the READY STEADY GO! theme for Fullmetal Alchemist (which would be the main opening theme in the dub I believe?)

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

    Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

    Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

  9. #9

    Default Re: new music?

    I also suggest Shimokawa Mikuni. She sang the opening and ending themes for all of the FMP seasons and they're awesome songs.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Moderator
    Greyfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    American't.
    Posts
    10,158

    Default Re: new music?

    drew's J-Rock Awesomeness
    Wind - Akeboshi
    Kona Yuki - Asian Kung-fu Generation
    Haruka Kanata
    Kimi to lu Hana
    Rewrite
    Siren
    Undo - Cool Joke
    GO! Fighting Dreamers - Flow
    Rocks - Hound Dog
    Blurry Eyes - L'arc-en-Ciel
    Dive to Blue
    Lost Heaven
    New World
    Ready Steady Go!!
    Battlecry - Nujabes & Shing
    Asterisk - Orange Range
    Thank You!
    Viva Rock
    Advice - the Pillows
    Funny Bunny
    Girlfriend
    I Think I Can
    Last Dinosaur
    Little Busters
    Nightmare
    One Life
    Ride on Shooting Star
    Skeleton Liar
    White Ash
    To the Other Side of the Gate - Yellow Generation


    I'm pretty sure that's whats on my playlist... I may've missed some, however.

    -drew

    -Grey

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •