Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: myspace

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default myspace

some people like it.
    some people dont like it.

i personally like it. *shrugs* so do a lot of other people. but everywhere else, people seem to be bitching about myspace in one way or another. what is it that people have against myspace though? i dont have anything against it, i think its a great way to keep in touch with friends and friends of friends, and thngs like that. *shrugs*

ps. if you have one, tell me. mine is www.myspace.com/strong_helga

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: myspace

(This post is rated PG. You have been warned.)

Well, I know that a lot of parents don't like it because they feel that some kids post too much information about themselves there, and apparently there are pedophiles who have used it for that reason. (At least, that's what I heard on a recent news report.) The thing is, I don't see how that's myspace's fault. These days, if people are going to post stuff about themselves online, they can easily find a place to do it. myspace is just the most popular location for them to do so at the moment, so it's taking the heat right now.

And I don't have my own site on myspace or any similar blog.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I read an artical on msn about myspace. Some guys pretended to be a 15 year old girl and hooked up with some old dude, then they went and met him but hid to see if he'd turn up, when he did they phoned teh cops and yeah. Figure the rest out yourself.

I really don't give a rats ass about myspace. First it was 'hot or not' then it was 'friends runited' and now it's myspace, give it 12 months or so and it'll be some other shitty website where you can look for friends, people to date, a way to get laid, etc etc etc, yadda yadda yadda ;/

I don't really like it because there's too many morons who code poorly (I say code, what I mean is they copy and paste because they're too fucking stupid to learn) and lock up my pages ;x

Once upon a time I used to have one for about 2 weeks, then I got bored with it. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

for all seasons Moderator

Seeing how I don't get to see a lot of my friends as often as I used to through school, I find that MySpace is a good way to keep in contact with them, while also allowing me to extend a line to new folks. Add in a blog entry every now and then and an album to store photos of my beloved self in, and yeah, it's a pretty good hub for me. Mostly because I can randomly bug my mates when I can't be arsed to use any other form of communication.

I can see what people wouldn't like about MySpace; posers, stalkers, pedophiles... Doesn't affect me though, I'm a big lad, I can take care of myself. Either way, I would be flattered to know that some strange man went to great lengths to track me down and attack me. An A+ for effort, Scary Bob.

www.myspace.com/tackhead9 is the address; anyone who adds me beware, I'm likely to send you comments frequently. I get bored that way. Hehe.

And by the way, you're damned skippy I'm too ****ing stupid to learn all this complex coding crap, copy and paste is teh kewlest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

[b]Myspace is like a game to me, if I have the most friends, then I win. : )

myspace.com/pnt510
    CHOMP~

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Myspace is another useless technological piece of crap, slowly sucking the life out of our generation whilst peddling itself as the best thing since bread, sliced or otherwise.

Needless to say, I don't like it. I think it's stupid. Personally.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Banned

I love it, I can keep in contact with my friends that are in college and meet other great people on there. I've met some really cool people from there that go to other schools around here and only reason I trust to meet them is cause I make sure there real cause I know people at the other schools and I ask if they know them. But its fun and great way to pass time. But sucks they got rid of it at school. Cause if I dont get a ride home when I have early/late dismissel im stuck at school so I'd go on myspace but they blocked it so I have to go to a proxy site now to get onto the site at school which sucks cause it doesnt always work. But yeah its fun and if your dumb enough to post a lot of personal info its no ones fault but yout own.

DD is also on myspace.
    DD thinks myspace can be cool at times.
    DD is almost done talking in third person.
    www.myspace.com/oneamongthelost
    DD says: "Check me out!"
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!

Cloyster Moderator

I prefer the facebook myself. It's not like myspace or xanga where people can change the colors, add flashing images and burn everyone's eyes out. I also have a xanga blog for my blogging purposes (*points to sig), but I haven't been posting in it much.

As for the controversy, according to Wikipedia, some people have been posting "indecent" images of themselves and bashing their teachers on it, among other things.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I like facebook because you have to attend university to have one.

Add me on facebook! I love to chat. Search for "Barry" at RIC and you should be able to find me, lol
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I have one, but I don't really use it. I only made it cause a friend of mine told me to when I was really bored, lol. it's /zak6009. Note the complete lack of a layout or trying to impress. I still check it occassionally cause sometimes I get messages/request from random people from school who found it and stuff.

Although I don't really use mine much, I've gotta admit that it is fun to browse, finding out how small a world it is when you see that people you know from one place know people you know from somewhere else, and so forth.

~Zak
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I prefer making my own blog that I could customize properly and that doesn't use ads. Myspace is just like a terrible version of something that could have been great.

And who cares who posts what on there blogs anyhoo. It's their blog. Plus loads of teachers are asses anyways. Like me college teachers who half of them either don't know how to teach or don't know their subject to up to date standards.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

i made one because my friend told me to. now it's just something to do online.

http://www.myspace.com/sooperdood3
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you&#039;re one of the 2% who thinks these numbers are BS, copy &amp; paste this into your signature.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Waste of bandwidth; like a Seinfeld of the internet. People just gather around....nothing.

But it keeps the idiots away from the rest of the interweb, if only for a short duration.

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Razola
    Waste of bandwidth; like a Seinfeld of the internet. People just gather around....nothing.

But it keeps the idiots away from the rest of the interweb, if only for a short duration.
    'Nuff said.

All MySpace is, in my eyes, is Livejournal/Deadjournal/whatever, but the users actually do a lot of self-photography. Because of that, I find it smart that some people I know have friends only, etc. options. But still...pictures are a main reason some join, to me.

...I'm not dead yet!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

i have a myspace and use it a lot to keep in contact with people, since i've moved a lot.

myspace.com/blindxfaith

"You hold the answers deep within your own mind.
    Consciously, you've forgotten it.
    That's the way the human mind works.
    Whenever something is too unpleasant, too shameful for us
    to entertain, we reject it.
    We erase it from our memories.
    But the imprint is always there."

Banned

I use it from time to time, but I don't obsess over it like some people. It's good for music, methinks.

http://www.myspace.com/kidbriana

Master Trainer

i dont understand how i've been warned because this topic is rated pg. if anyone would like to explain that to me , that would be greatly appreciated.

i also really like myspace for its music content. i find out heaps of bands through it. wooo for bands

2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I like it because it lets me find new bands and find out about concerts in my area through the group that I made for people in my area.

http://www.myspace.com/wednesdaygirl13

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe
    i dont understand how i've been warned because this topic is rated pg. if anyone would like to explain that to me , that would be greatly appreciated.

i also really like myspace for its music content. i find out heaps of bands through it. wooo for bands
    Probably because the person who warned you is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

As if you got warned for this topic. There is nothing wrong with it. It's like damn GameFAQs where some guy keeps reporting my sensible and relevant messages to the moderator.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

...What?

Ohh...

Let me clarify what I meant... I was warning people in advance about my post so that no one would be upset by a couple of the words in there. I didn't want to tick off anyone who'd be concerned about keeping things safe for the kiddies. Sorry if I wasn't very clear. ^_^;;

(I was wondering why people were so upset about it... I guess now I know.)
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I dislike myspace. That is all I have to say.
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

I don't like Myspace. I mean, what the hell did it become a "fad" (if you'd call it one)?
    People say that they use Myspace to converse with each other but I don't see why they can't use aim or something to do that.

Also, I don't understand what was wrong with Xanga. Why'd all these people migrate to Myspace all of a sudden?

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

...What?

Ohh...

Let me clarify what I meant... I was warning people in advance about my post so that no one would be upset by a couple of the words in there. I didn't want to tick off anyone who'd be concerned about keeping things safe for the kiddies. Sorry if I wasn't very clear. ^_^;;

They were upset about it because they can't read? Your post was quite clear.

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Posting in agreement with Raz, yet, to be honest I wasn't sure what you meant, Mr_pikachu, because I didn't see anything PG in your post. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sango
    'Nuff said.

All MySpace is, in my eyes, is Livejournal/Deadjournal/whatever, but the users actually do a lot of self-photography. Because of that, I find it smart that some people I know have friends only, etc. options. But still...pictures are a main reason some join, to me.
    I'm not a big fan of myspace, but I must say you seriously sound clueless. None of the above is what it was originally designed for.

The point of myspace, in a nutshell, is to meet people. Rarely any users even HAVE a blog. It's either to meet acquaitances, like friends of friends or acquaitances of friends, or meeting random people who share interests with you. Personally, I despise the whole concept of the latter and stick to the former. That's why I don't like to pimp it out or whatever.

But anyway, Facebook > myspace. It's like a much cleaner version of what myspace was originally designed for, and less morons, psychos and pedophiles. Maybe the fact that it's invite-only helps.

~Zak
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    But anyway, Facebook > myspace. It's like a much cleaner version of what myspace was originally designed for, and less morons, psychos and pedophiles. Maybe the fact that it's invite-only helps.

~Zak
    Not to sound rude or anything, but you're clueless, too. MySpace was originally designed for underground and upcoming bands.

...I'm not dead yet!

Banned

The Internet was designed to allow others to contact each other over great distances.

There's more porn than there is Instant Messengers

Plus it's not like MySpace was ORIGINALLY some sort of LiveJournal for attention/camwhores to show off their boobs. It's a band website.

EDIT: Gah Beat'd D:

Banned

Like everyone else in the world, I have a myspace but I don't like it at all. Facebook is a thousand times better for myspace just for the simple fact that random people can't look you up and that Facebook's layout is nice and simple - no stupid backgrounds and 32424 videos and songs all over the person's profile. And since they have high school facebook now, there's no excuse not to be on there.

http://www.myspace.com/18809140

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Livejournal 4 Lyfe! LIVEEEE JOURNAL!

Master Trainer

...What?

Ohh...

hahahhaa.
    omg lol sorry mrpikachu!!!!!!
    thats kinda funny, the misinterpretation of it all.

2009 Silver Pencils:

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Livejournal 4 Lyfe! LIVEEEE JOURNAL!
    Or you can, you know, get your own website and produce something of value.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Razola
    Or you can, you know, get your own website and produce something of value.
    Best case scenario: You become the next Penny Arcade.
    Worst case scenario: You become the next 4chan.

Super Moderator

Raz, I like the fact that Livejournal is easy to use and I don't really have to worry about anything.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake Kakashi
    Best case scenario: You become the next Penny Arcade.
    Worst case scenario: You become the next 4chan.
    penny arcade is cool.
    but what is 4chan? am i missing out on something?

i personally think the best case scenario is that he becomes the next perry bible fellowship (i think its fellowship anyway). pbf = awesome ^_^

2009 Silver Pencils:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe
    penny arcade is cool.
    but what is 4chan? am i missing out on something?
    I cannot, in good faith, let you go to 4chan.

I don't hate anyone on this forum that much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight
    Seeing how I don't get to see a lot of my friends as often as I used to through school, I find that MySpace is a good way to keep in contact with them, while also allowing me to extend a line to new folks. Add in a blog entry every now and then and an album to store photos of my beloved self in, and yeah, it's a pretty good hub for me. Mostly because I can randomly bug my mates when I can't be arsed to use any other form of communication.

I can see what people wouldn't like about MySpace; posers, stalkers, pedophiles... Doesn't affect me though, I'm a big lad, I can take care of myself. Either way, I would be flattered to know that some strange man went to great lengths to track me down and attack me. An A+ for effort, Scary Bob.

www.myspace.com/tackhead9 is the address; anyone who adds me beware, I'm likely to send you comments frequently. I get bored that way. Hehe.

And by the way, you're damned skippy I'm too ****ing stupid to learn all this complex coding crap, copy and paste is teh kewlest.
    Supporting pigs. Good stuff.

myspace.com/cacarreto

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I made a myspace when I noticed half my friends on xanga had a last post saying "I don't use this anymore go to my myspace". I don't like it as much as xanga, harder to navigate and too much bullshit features that aren't useful. plus ads. but it's where my friends go to post their stuff, and I like reading their stuff, so I'm just dealing with it. no layout for me, just one picture, and now I update the blog as much as I do xanga. though nobody else updates as often as me, I guess I'm just not hip enough to write ...nothing at all?

and a big F U to anyone who has anything other than a background and neat font on theirs. why anyone needs 6 videos and 3000 pictures on the same homepage I do not know. my poor little computer can't handle the damn things; I've learned which of my friends to click and which to not click.

edit: cool thing about myspace! search for your childhood friends. I've found 2 out of my 3 best friends growing up, who I haven't spoken to in around 8 years. still trying to remember the 3rd one's last name. yes this is a kind of creepy thing to do, no I don't care ;p it's funny to see your "good girl" friend from 1st grade completely wasted in a picture of her 10yrs later :D
    edit again: tpm smilies suck

Administrator
    Administrator

If Myspace removed the ability to customise blogs (or at least restricted it to authorised people who had even working knowledge of HTML and CSS) and dropped all of the shitty users, it would almost be readable.

But, y'know, it's owned by Rupert Murdoch now, so it's only going downhill from here.

I signed up for a Myspace account to remove the strain on my inbox - I'd be getting "JOIN MYSPACE NOW CLICK HERE OH GOD PLEASE CLICK HERE NOW CLICK HERE" emails at an unacceptable rate. I've never actually used it though.
    n/t

Super Moderator

So you joined Myspace so you wouldn't get contacted by MySpace?....