Thread: glasses

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default glasses

I'm so excited.
    I'm finally getting myself a new pair of glasses!

Technically, i should have worn glasses for the last five years or so, but once I hit high school, I stopped wearing them because I felt I didnt need them any more. Now that I've actually started to study, and stuff, my eyes have gone really badly down hill. So I'm finally gettting a new pair!

I'm actually really really excited about it too. Theyre black, and super nice, and they actually suit me ^_^
    I wanted purple ones, but my dad and Beth were like, errr... no. Then I tried on a heaps cute pair of leopard print ones, and they said no again.

So I get them tomorrow! yay!

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default Re: glasses

Oh you're smart getting black, they go with EVERYTHING. Really.

You'll be hot, as always. Oh, btw lets be camwhores now! I have a digital camera now!

Master Trainer

omg yes! camerawhoring 4lyf!!!

Actually I dont have a digital camera any more. I think I will start borrowing Beths. she moved in to my house, and being the good friend she is, brought her camera

2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

GAR-BAGE DAY! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I need a new pair of glasses. Mine is two years old, and I think I need a new prescription. No eye doctors in Hutchinson, though.
    The Place That Is No More - Because the world needed to hear me rant and rave.

My ASB A-Team: Qwerty (Magneton), Cici (female Shuckle), Pudge (male Persian), Fuji (male Torkoal), Light (Starmie), Matthias (male Flygon) (six others)

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] Glasses are a hasten. I personally would try to aviod them unless necessary.

I'm shortsighted. And only during lectures and working in front of the computer that I would put them on. How frequent would you wear this new pair of specs once you got them?

Banned

I'm near sighted. I don't really mind wearing glasses, but sometimes I wonder what people would think if I wore contacts. They look sexy on most girls, btw. :biggrin:

Moderator Moderator

[color=magenta]Cool, I hope that you like your new pair of glasses. Like Andy said, black glasses look really good.

I don't wear glasses, I actually have 20/15 eyesight, which is better than "perfect." I don't know where I got my eyesight from either. My mom needs reading glasses, she has like 20/40 eyesight, which isn't really that bad. My dad has really terrible eyesight, I don't even know what his eyesight is, I think it might be 20/200 or something like that.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

Little_Pikachu

I used to have glasses in middle school, they were just because I was getting eye strain though. I probably need them for that now actually. Both my parents need them just for every day everything, so I assume I'll probably be in a similar situation in some years to come.

What a random topic...

Master Trainer

^_^
    I'm not planning on wearing them all the time.
    For a bit, yeah. But thats just because they're a novelty!
    I suppose I'll leave them for computer, studying, and things of that sort though.

:-)
    now I just need pics.
    Andrew lend me your camera!!! >=(

2009 Silver Pencils:

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Boo, glasses suck

Contact lenses all the way! X) (especially the ones that change your eye color/style)

-Sean

Da Big Cheez of TCG Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

The only time I don't wear glasses is when I'm asleep. That, and the random times when I just take them off on a whim, though rare.

Mine's entering the third year, but I don't think I'll spend big bucks on another pair. Besides, I got another one, but it's too nerdy looking, fat plastic of dark blue. I'd rather thin, metallic and almost invisible for frame.
    Roarkiller
    The only one there is

Roarkiller.net

The Last TCG Moderator

What are you looking at? Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I've worn glasses since I was young because I am so nearsighted I can only see clearly about 12 inches in front of my face without them.
    And contacts are a pain the the butt for me to wear *shrugs*

At least now, thankfully, I can pay for my own glasses--instead of the big, thick plastic frames with the thick lenses my parents forced me to get, I get thinner, smaller wire frames. And the lenses are now so lightweight (because of the technical advances in the last few years), I'm happier wearing glasses.

Go Glasses!
    midnightangel
    Just a Twitter slut and a Tumblr whore.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

wow, I've never seen someone so excited to wear glasses before. lol

I've had glasses since I was about 7, and I'm sick of them really. Well actually, I'm so used to not being able to see, its normal...but I wish I had perfect vision!

I'm really farsighted(I think...I cant see anything far away...and can only see things 4 inches from my face) and its annoying to take showers and go swimming without being able to see. My glasses are black, and rectangular I wanted brown ones but they were more expensive...bah

I wear contacts most of the time though..unless I'm at home, then I wear my glasses

The King of Games Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

[i]haha yea, i don't think i've ever seen anyone with so much passion for the reception of a pair of glasses. i however, have no need for glasses at this particular moment in time, but i may need to get some later on in my life. right now i have like 20/20 vision, except its a little worse than that, but not my much. so hopefully it doesn't get much worse, otherwise i may just have surgery to get it fixed... i don't think i could do glasses lol.

~The Italian Stallion
    SupremeChampion
    To Be The Best, You've Got To Beat The Best
    Create your own destiny, and never fear failure...
    Proud Member of the Public Beatin' Club! HIZZAH!
    Up Here

TPM's Statistician Honorary ModeratorMaster Trainer
    Master Trainer
    (Donator)

I have had glasses since the 8th grade.
    I like them.
    homeofmew
    (homeofmew#1337)

Master Trainer

I'd rather glasses to contacts.
    My friend wears contacts, and today he wore a blue one and a green one.
    Bt I didn't even notice until he said something ! ><

2009 Silver Pencils:

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Alright, enjoy them!

True, I'd never seen anyone so excited about a pair of glasses before, but anything that brings you joy is worth celebrating.

14/10 here (or 7/5), by the way, which I think would be 20/14 or so in your scale... possibly like Christen.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

I have to get a new pic up, I got my glasses recently, damn stigmatism and nearsightedness...
    They are tortoise shell to go with my skin, rounded rectangular to go with my face, grey transition lenses with anti-glare...oh, and they are by Brooks Brothers...$335 later, lol...
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!

Master Trainer

ouch. $335 ??!
    yuck.
    Mine cost um... $70.
    Just because we have some health cover thing that means I can get a pair of glasses every year and they'll give me $200 for them

2009 Silver Pencils:

no insurance + designer brand + special lenses = $500, but I got half off lenses with coupon, so $335
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

well, the fact that my eyes are ultrasensitive to everything (light, etc.), the only thing i can wear are glasses.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I feel like I've had glasses since I was born, I had to get them at a very early age of about a year and a half, or even less. It was like they were a part of me for about 14 years, when I stopped wearing them at age 15. I didn't even get contacts, just stopped wearing them altogether.
    It felt so weird to get rid of them, but all of the sudden my eyes just got better. But after having them for so long, not wearing glasses felt like... almost like not wearing pants.

I feel like I should, but I don't miss my glasses at all.
    They may make some people look good, but... not me.

~Zak
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus
    well, the fact that my eyes are ultrasensitive to everything (light, etc.), the only thing i can wear are glasses.
    This is part of the reason that I always seem to be awake at night instead of during the day. The light, the light! It burns my eyes! AAGH! x_x

Oh, and glasses = cool. In a sophisticated way, that is.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I've worn glasses since about kindergarten. I don't mind them; people usually tell me they make me look smart. But yeah, my prescription's really bad. It's 19/47 or something like that.

I also have these ultra-light, frameless glasses... combined with the thickness of my lenses, it makes them weigh almost as little as an average pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I've worn glasses since i was 18 (about 4 years now). Originally I refused to wear them, b ut my vision got worse, so I had to. Just one right eye, all blurred, couldn't focus a damn thing out of it, unless if was under my nose. More recently, my other eye started to go, so now I have proper lenses on both sides. And they only ever come off to sleep, or to get cleaned (cos they seem to get mucky waaay to much. Self cleaning glasses, now that's where the future lies). The thought of contacts makes me shudder. Nothing against them, I think they're genius. But the dea of having something sitting on my eye makes me feel horrible. I can't stand anything poking around with eyes.

I find glasses to be very.. comfortable. ^^; As having been both a contacts and glasses wearer, I can very easily say I prefer glasses over contacts. (Putting something in my eye creeps me out, too. Though with soft lenses, it's not bad at ALL). But glasses are so much easier to wear and clean, and you don't have to worry about getting dust specks in your eye and being in a tremendous amount of pain/irritation (especially with hard contacts).

So with that said: Glasses rock. ^_^

ASB Team

Want an ASB banner for your team? Want just a plain banner? Well the Saffire's Banner Shop has reopened! There are new ASB banner styles, so new and old requestees, check it out!

Banner Shop |

Metamorphosis
    New Chapter up Nov. 22, 2006

Master Trainer

there they are!!

2009 Silver Pencils:

I wear glasses, too. I like them and they suit me, I think, but I want contacts to wear also because I have really blue eyes and I want more people to see them. They are my favourite physical attribute, so of course they are almost completely hidden. Bah!

I do wear glasses but not that often. I put them on sometimes when reading but they usually stay by my bed or in my backpack. I should wear them but I convince myself that my vision is okay, when it really isn't. I got them 5 - 6 years ago. I accidently broke them and had to get them fixed but nothing bad has happened to them.

Of course, they do fog up a lot.
    Fritz: So, Prue, I hear your friend’s a cop.
    Prue: Inspector, actually.
    Fritz: Oh, yeah. (to Andy) Well, I got these parking tickets...
    Andy: Yeah, my focus is mainly homicide, robbery.
    Fritz: Yeah. Yeah. So I have these parking tickets...

- Charmed Episode 3 - Thank You For Not Morphing

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I've worn glasses since I was six. I have never comfortable in them, ever. I don't why, just a fear of being teased, which never happened to me. I would never wear them at school until the teachers would tell me to put them on. When I made to the switch to contacts my sophmore year in HS, I felt much better about my self.

But contacts wear out the eyes so in the evening I will wear my glasses.
    MR.POKEMON
    Mr.Pokemon
    mr.pokemon

Joined TPM:August 4, 2001
    Junior Trainer:February 13, 2002
    Cool Trainer: June 3, 2002

Supporter of:AAML,AAGL and JAJL

Favorite Pokemon: Typhlosion, Lugia, Meowth, and Corsola.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I don't think I need them and if I do screw getting them. I've never been told I needed glasses though so w00t. I don't think they'd suit that metal look me and my band are trying to achieve atm though.

But anyhoo your glasses look good on you tara. You suit them. *does thumbs up*
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Master Trainer

aww thanks ^_^;;
    I like them a lot.
    but I dont wear them out much. They make walking really weird. I fell over yesterday becasue of them ^_^;

2009 Silver Pencils: