Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sotai ASBRPG Graveyard

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Sotai Wild Pokemon Battles

Wild Battle Sign Up
    Character Name:
    Kathy Prestor
    Pokemon: Bubbles (Female Marill) and Sleepy (Male Drowzee)
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

BU-KA-DING!!! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

[color=blue]You cast out your fishing rod, letting it drag in the wake of your boat. After a short time, the tip begins to bend! It's a Pokemon!

You have snagged a: Clamperl! (Male)

How do you intend to react to this Pokemon? (Please post your first set of 3 attacks)

[color=#990A66]Guess it is my turn now! *prays for good luck*

Character Name: Yoi Kataki
    Pokemon: Kusabana (Female Oddish) and Jishin (Male Sandshrew)

Matataku Hoshi no Shita de
    Kono basho ga doko darou to miagereba matataku hoshi
    Sono shita de kimi wo omoeba warukunai yoru ni naru
    Fuan wo kazoeta yubi ni
    Nukumori ga tomoru

Shinjiru to iu kotoba wo kimi wa kodomoppoi to warau kai
    Miwatasu kagiri no kouya de yukusaki wo shimesu mono
    Mune ni daite aruitekou
    Sekai ga wazuka ni kagayaku

The bonds we have with those close to us keep us connected always...

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Alright, since Bubbles won't be very effective here, let's see how well Sleepy battles...

Sleepy - Drowzee (M)

Alright Sleepy, let's see what you have. First we're gonna have to get its attention, so blast it with a Confusion attack! Then when it's focused on you put it to sleep with Hypnosis! If you get it to sleep, then go straight for its dreams with a Dream Eater. If it resisted sleep, it's time to call for a Future Sight.

Confusion | Hypnosis | Dream Eater/Future Sight
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well, since Mike and I are traveling together, I figured "Why not?"

Wild Battle Sign Up
    Character Name: Laura Deirdre
    Pokemon: Kimmi (female Snorunt) and Ric Flair (male Shroomish)

...I'm not dead yet!

Banned

Hinata found a...: Stantler!(f)

Banned

Alright Doduo! Sleep Talk till you wake up, then Drill Peck.

Sleep Talk x3
    Subs: Drill Peck when you wake up

why wub woo Moderator

Default Re: ~~~ The Legends of Sotai ~~~~

Your Name: Jace McClane
    Your Description: Is about 5' 11", medium build but by no means a weakling - the harsh surroundings of his hometown have given him ample opportunity to exercise and prepare himself for adventure. He has dark brown hair, which is slightly long and usually scruffy, and dark blue eyes. He usually wears a black long-sleeved t-shirt (sometimes with the sleeves rolled up) with a navy-blue sleeveless jumper. He also wears either black or dark-green combat trousers, a brown leather belt and dark brown boots. He sometimes wears a dark blue woolly hat as well. His backpack is about 55 litres in which he carries a change of clothes, his items, some basic hygiene products, a desert scarf, his cell-phone and other useful items. He wears his pokeballs on his belt.
    Your Personality: Jace is a very determined person, always wanting to see something through to the end. He'll often set himself goals that are very hard or near-impossible, just to force himself to push it to the limit; to him, giving up is never an option. He is also a loyal friend and not one to make enemies, although he knows an asshole when he sees one and is not afraid to put a bully in their place. Often the man in the middle, he doesn't like to take sides if his friends argue, but would prefer to reconcile them.
    City: Diruntha
    Pokemon: Alexei - Snorunt (m)
    Captured Pokemon: Bryant - Magnemite (n)

---

Jace McClane

I had returned from my morning hike on Route 256 with Bryant floating loyally by my side. Although he doesn't have any legs, he enjoyed it almost as much as I did. It was a pretty light one; although the weather was warm, at least for morning, and the skies were clear, we made it short, I didn't really want to venture too far into the mountains and get attacked or something. As I approached my house, I saw a Pelipper fly down, drop a box at my doorstep and then take off again. I decided to investigate - the box had an official Pokémon League stamp on the front. In excitement and awe, I dropped at the box and began ripping the tape across the top, opening the box. Rummaging through, I found a PokeNav, a PokeBall and an envelope. Ignoring the envelope and the PokeNav, I picked up the PokeBall, aimed it at the ground by Bryant and released the beast inside.

A beam of light shot out and began forming the shape of my new pokemon on the ground. Suddenly, it came to colour and my new beast was standing in front of me.
    "Snorunt!"
    My excited new beast, even more excited than me, jumped at me and tackled me to the ground, then began hopping happily on me, whilst all the while yelling,
    "Snorunt! Snorunt! Snorunt!"
    Bryant flew up behind it and said,
    "Magnemite!"
    The Snorunt jumped up and hid behind a bush. I recovered and decided to open the letter.
    To Jace McClane

We are informing you that you have been accepted into the Sotai Pokemon League. Find enclosed your Starter Pokemon and your PokeNav. Feel free to nickname your new Pokemon and use your PokeNav if you have any queries. Also find enclosed $200 to get you started.

The Sotai Pokemon League

I picked up my PokeNav and pointed it at the Snorunt, who had come out from behind the bush but was still keeping his distance. The PokeNav spoke.
    "Snorunt - the Snow Hat Pokemon - it is usually found in freezing climates and legend says a home visited by a Snorunt will experience good fortune."
    I thought that was pretty useless, but at least I know something about my Snorunt. I walked over to it and petted it. It became excited again.
    "You're a chirpy little fella' aren't you? I'm going to call you Alexei. Hey Bryant, come over here and say hello!"
    Bryant hovered over cautiously and buzzed. Alexei tried to jump up at it but Bryant dodged out of the way. I laughed and opened up both of their Pokeballs.
    "Okay you two, time to rest, we're about to head off on an adventure!"

I returned them both to their Pokeballs and stood up. I had already packed my bag but it was in my room. I opened my door and ran upstairs to my room. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs, but my mother called out for me.
    "Jace! You're not going without saying goodbye are you?"
    I sighed and turned around.
    "Bye mother."
    I turned to the door again but a hand on my shoulder stopped me.
    "Where were you thinking of going first?"
    "Erm, I was thinking of heading out to Whentre and seeing what happens next."
    She tutted.
    "No plan, what would your father think? Speaking of which, I think he is at North Hyners, if you're going that way, you should meet up with him."
    "Okay, bye!"
    I ran out the door before she could say another word and jogged towards Route 256 before I could get stopped again.

Except I still forgot in my hurry that I was still clutching my $200 in my hand. Luckily, the bank was on route, so I deposited my money there and hurried off up the mountains, hoping to encounter and capture some Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

why wub woo Moderator

Character Name: Jace McClane
    Pokemon: Alexei/Snorunt (m), Bryant/Magnemite (n)
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

why wub woo Moderator

Default Re: The First National Bank of Sotai

Jace McClane, depositing all 200 smackaroos, or $200, here.

Where I live is purple. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Alright, Kimmi. Let's go ahead and see what we can do. First, start off with an Icy Wind. Next, bite Stantler so it can possibly flinch. After that, use your egg move of Sing to put it to sleep.

Icy Wind ~ Bite ~ Sing

...I'm not dead yet!

Banned

Hyperness is a Good Thing vs Slugma!

"Raizen, Toxic up that fire slug, then Spark it, then finish with a Thunderbolt.
    should you fall asleep, sleep talk until you wake up."

Round 2...FIGHT!
    Electrike
    Health: 97%
    Energy: 88%
    Note: Slightly singed, nodding off. Confident

Slugma
    Health: 81%
    Energy: 93%
    Note: Stung by the Thunder. Whatever muscular structure he has is likely to seize up(20% chance)
    Capture rate with Pokeball: Low(take 10% off health for paralasis)

Raizen took his orders and nodded, eyes blinking a bit. This didn't stop him from hacking up a disgusting mix of toxins and fluids, flying through the air and melting into Slugmas body. Some of the good burned away harmlessly, but a good portion of it still seeped through and made Slugma sick. The slug gagged and hacked, a pink fog drifting towards Raizen. it seeped into his lungs, just enough to cause him to hack and cough, keeping him awake.

Raizen lowers his head and growls, charging forward as electricity crackles all around him. With a deafening "crack", Electrike slams into Slugma, the electricity sparking off and sending Slugma backwards. Slugma winces as it sits up, and hardens its' skin yet again, as the rain slowly begins to let up.

Finally, Raizen charges electricity into the crest on the back of its' head, glowing and sparking with power, before finally releasing a blast of electical energy, burning through the air and hitting Slugma, who is too paralyzed to move even the slightest bit.

Electrike
    Health: 95%
    Energy: 75%
    Note: Slightly singed, a bit of a cough from the Poison(2% damage)

Slugma
    Health: 67%
    Note: Whatever muscular structure he has is very likely to seize up(60% chance), poisoned, condition worsening(2% this turn, 4% next)
    Capture rate with Pokeball: Decent(take 30% off health for paralasis and poison)

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

TSUKASA FOUND A....
    (female)
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

[color=#ffccff][font=kartika][size=12pt]Hmmm.. Alright, I'll take yours on Heald.

Ambushed by a...

(O.o' Nice... )

TSUKI MEGAMI
    Mizu ~ Akuma Guujin ~ Kamisama ~ Adeyaka Ga ~ Mahou ~ Faitingusupiritto ~ Denkou Jishaku ~ Chiisa

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[CENTER] Rain Taylor[color=#bc8f8f] vs. Gastly, [color=#bc8f8f]Round Two!

[COLOR=#bc8f8f] Arena – In a desert landscape, little vegetation around, the temperature near 100 Degrees Fahrenheit
    [COLOR=blue]Let Round Two Begin!

[COLOR=#bc8f8f]With worry in his eyes about the possibility of a hypnosis attack, Rain calls for his Rhyhorn to close its eyes and use another double team. Shaking off the last of the ice crystals into the desert sun, Ghastly moves onto the offensive as his eyes light up for another Night Shade. Recognizing the attack and the pain it can bring, Xion closes his eyes as his image wavers again and four Double Team clones appear around Ghastly. Shaking its head back and forth in confusion, Ghastly fires off his night shade which goes straight through the nearest clone.

Suddenly Rain realizes that she is going to win this, and orders Xion to use a Icy wind, knowing that the desert heat will dull the effect of it. The Rhyhorn bellows in approval, as a cold wind sweeps down from the mountains and across the arid landscape. As it approaches the hotness of the landscape begins to dull it, yet it still strikes Ghastly at near frigid temperatures. Annoyed by all the cold attacks, Ghastly powers up and fires another night shade attack only to have it strike through another clone.

Shivering in his own right from the icy wind, Rain decides to tempt fate and orders Xion to repeat the attack. Xion nods and the sound of the approaching wind rumbles off in the distance. Above them the sky seems to darken as the warm air and the moisture of the cold icy wind begins to cause the first rumbles of a thunderstorm. Exhausted from the Night Shades, and still with many clones left to go. Ghastly decides to take things closer and runs toward one of the last few clones, its tongue hanging out in preparation of a lick attack. Tossing it’s tongue forward in a flash the Ghost Pokemon pushes it’s tongue against another of the Double Team clones, only to watch it fizzle out into nothingness. Shocked and stunned the Ghastly turns toward the last five clones only to be struck in the back by the frigid cold wind that swept across the arena. Smirking in triumph, Rain watches as Ghastly can barely keep its self-afloat. All the while drops begin to fall from the sky as the rainstorm starts.

Xion * Male * | Trainer: Rain
    [COLOR=pink]80 health
    50 Energy
    Status –Enjoying the moment of near victory, still has 5 clones left

[color=#bc8f8f]~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Male Gastly
    [COLOR=#9370db]15 health
    30 Energy
    Status – Barely can keep afloat from the loss of energy and health

why wub woo Moderator

Wow, an Absol! I haven't even seen one of those before! Better try and catch it!

Okay, go Bryant (Magnemite)!

Right, use Thunder Wave to paralyze Absol, then Spark to shock her and finally use Supersonic to confuse her!

Thunder Wave ~ Spark ~ Supersonic

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

[color=orange][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][b] Alright Xion! Now, I'm sorry to say you can't destroy the gastly, but if we meet any other pokemon I don't like, you have all rights. Rigth now, the entire round is devoted to.... Catching!

Pokeball ~ Pokeball ~ Pokeball

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[CENTER] Rain Taylor[color=#bc8f8f] vs. Gastly, [color=#bc8f8f]Round Three!

[COLOR=#bc8f8f] Arena – In a desert landscape, little vegetation around, the temperature near 100 Degrees Fahrenheit, A thunderstorm brewing above
    [COLOR=blue]Let Round Three Begin!

[COLOR=#bc8f8f]Lightning flashes across the sky as clouds rumble and brew ominously. Rain glances at his Rhyhorn and smiles at the sudden twist of fate. With a flick of his wrist and a twist of the Pokeball, he sends it spinning across the battle field in a thrown arc that collides with the Ghastly. The Ghost Pokemon turns around in shock just in time to see the ball open and a pink light to envelop the Pokemon. The ball lands upon the muddy ground and twists, once, twice, finally a third time as the ball pings. Ghastly has been captured!

Xion * Male * | Trainer: Rain
    [COLOR=pink]80 health
    50 Energy
    Status –Relaxing from the victory

[color=#bc8f8f]~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Male Gastly
    [COLOR=#9370db]15 health
    30 Energy
    Status – Captured

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Magne*MART (Find Everything You Need!)

To Celebrate the First Monday of the trainers in their Sotai Pokemon Journey, all prices are going down 10% for this night only! * All Prices are already changed and will change back at Midnight tonight * Remember if you want to buy something post in this topic with

Name:
    Current Amount of Money:
    What you want to Buy:
    Amount of Money you have After buying the Object:

Oh yes and a Saddle has been added to the list, if you have a rideable Pokemon which would be like Rhyhorn or Ponyta, then be sure to add in what Pokemon you are buying the Saddle for.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Jace McClane vs. Absol
    1 on 1

Bryant <> - <> Magnemite
    Life: 100%
    Energy: 100%
    Thunderwave <> Spark <> Supersonic

Absol <>
    Life: 100%
    Quick attack <> Scratch <> Bite

Chapter One: A Rare Encounter

Wandering down the quiet mountain trail, Jace hums, the sweet breeze has a slightly chill to it, and thunder rumbles in the distance. But he pays it no mind, quietly whistling to himself before an almost silently scratching noise is heard not far off from him. Curiously he stops, whistling a bit higher, sounding somewhat like a Pidgey, he leaps back in surprise when a rare and fierce pokemon bounds onto a large rock.

"Absol!!"

Shocked as the demon dog pokemon with a scythe like horn bounds at him one more time, he smirks.

"An Absol!" Tossing a red and white pokeball he laughs defiantly, accepting the pokemon's challenge. "Go Bryant! Thunderwave!"

In a bright flash a small metal ball with a screw embedded into the top of its head and odd magnets on its sides appears. A rather android like sound emits from the pokemon, as it stares at the demon dog, who reacts faster than Bryant expected and thwacks into Bryant's body, but Bryant has perfect timing as it releases a small wave of sparks that lightly zaps the Absol so that it backs off slightly.

"Good job! Now Spark!"

Determined not to let dark pokemon get the better of it, Bryant charges quickly and rather erratically fires off a jumbled shot of electricity that gives the Absol a nasty shock, causing its muscle to freeze! Poor Absol! All it can do is helpless watch as the Magnemite lets off a slightly higher tune of sound that was probably supposed to be laughter.

But as quick as the froze, the muscles unfreeze, Absol leaps forward, but comes to a short stop the tune of a thousand and one confusing thoughts echoes in its ears, causing its world to wobble and blur, making everything seem a bit unnatural.

[center]Summary of Chapter One: A Rare Encounter

[color=#ffccff]

Bryant <> - <> Magnemite
    Life: 92%

Absol <>
    Life: 90%
    Energy: 85%
    Paralysis- 37% of Lock Up
    [color=white]Confusion- Seriously confused

[size=12pt]Notes:
    Absol is paralysed and confused.

TSUKI MEGAMI
    Mizu ~ Akuma Guujin ~ Kamisama ~ Adeyaka Ga ~ Mahou ~ Faitingusupiritto ~ Denkou Jishaku ~ Chiisa

Banned

Default Re: Magne*MART (10% off Sell!)

Hello Princess Karrde, just making a quick purchase "after" my battle.

Name: Mike Silvern
    Current Amount of Money: $100 on hand, 100 in bank
    What you want to Buy: Ultra Ball and a Potion
    Amount of Money you have After buying the Object: $1

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

[font=monotype corsiva]-~:*River Eytheranea*:~-
    →Route 255←

[font=monotype corsiva][size=3] River did not have to look long for a Pokémon. She and Cimmy had only just begun avid searching when a Snubble jumped out of the bushes. It growled menacingly at River but she just smiled, she knew these Pokémon were big fakers. The poor thing was probably terrified.

“Ok Cimmy! Your up! First off try to put it to sleep with a Hypnosis!” Shouted River.

Ciimy tossed his head and galloped forward into battle, he was very eager to show just how tough he was. He pawed the ground as the Snubble runs as him and slams him with so much force he takes a bit of recoil. Cimmy takes it well and instead of glaring he catches The Snubble’s eye and send out waves of sleep inducing energy. It floods into the Snubble’s briain and causes the ‘sleep’ area to start to activate. The Pokémon starts to topple over, and yawns heavily.

“Use a Sunny Day, and follow it up with a Solarbeam.” Says River smiling, so far her strategy has been working perfectly. Cimmy looks to the sun and starts to dance by rearing bucking and trotting in place. He swings his head and the clouds zip away, the Sun’s heat pouring down unto the field. Cimmy revels in the warmth and his flames grow bigger, while Snubble collapses, the heat is feeling just too good not to take a nap in.

River wipes sweat from her brow, no matter Cimmy is enjoying this she thinks it just to hot. Cimmy meanwhile whickers in satisfaction, his opponent will be very easy to hit now. He opens his moth and starts to concentrate the Sun’s light on a place just in front of his muzzle. The light gathers into a ball and grows larger. When Cimmy can’t hold the energy anymore he lets it go, the light streaming toward the sleeping Snubble. I smashes into her and she flies a good way, obviously waking up from the impact, but still a little off.

“Great job Cimmy!” calls River and Cimmy prances in acknowledgement “Now I want you to use a Flamethrower.”

Cimmy whinnies and sucks in a great amount of air. It mixes with the gases in his specialized lungs and he breaths out a great torrent of flame. It streams at Snubble who ducks down to protect her a little, but she can’t wake herself up in time to use a counter attack.

“A, well, try Quick Attack. Lastly Relax, well see what level of HP it is at.” says River a little uncertain. She wouldn’t mind have a Snubble overly much, as Granbull’s can be very useful. Cimmy nods and gallops at an incredible speed at the Snubble. She meanwhile is getting ready, cocking her left paw backwards. Cimmy smashes into the Snubble who only uses the momentum of her spin to slam her fist into Cimmy’s side as he passes. He flies sideways and skids on the ground, coming to a stop on his belly. Cimmy pants and stays right where he is, taking a breather. The Snubble, seeing her chance, rushes at Cimmy and hits him with a Tackle that only budges him a little.

“Ok Cimmy, your doing great!” calls River, giving her tired Pokémon encouragement. He snorts nodding his head before scrambling to his feet, rest over. River frowns thinking, as the Snubble rushes at Cimmy, its jaws crackling with black energy. He instinctively rears back in fear, but the Subble just crunches down hard onto his right hind leg. Cimmy squeals in pain but hears his trainer’s calm voice saying to use Flamethrower. He responds to the voice and quickly blasts down a torrent of fire upon the biting dog. She reluctantly lets go, the heat being just o much. She is pushed back a few feet before Cimmy stops. His back leg almost gives way as he lands onto all four hooves again.

River quickly calls out to use Tackle and he canters at the Snubble, unable to go much faster. The Snubble has similar ideas and runs at Cimmy. They collide head on, and both fly backwards, stunned by the head on collision. Cimy shakes his head as River tosses a Pokéball at the weak bull dog puppy. It rocks three times before clicking shut.

“YES! Boogie time! River dances in place, do very bad imitation of the Macarena, some strange Grease like moves and just jumping around. Cimmy is amused and limps over to River, nudging her. She stops and grinning, she forcibly hugs her Ponyta. “Great job Cimmy!” Cimmy whickers and points at his Pokéball with his nose. She obliges and recalls him.

She then turns around and races back to North Hyners, evidently she is not totally leaving. She shrugs though, her Pokémon need healing more then she needs adventure. North Hyners quickly comes into view, as she had not gone far anyways. She jogs into town and drops off her Pokémon at the Pokémon Centre. She leaves Cimmy and as yet unnamed Snubble with the Joy and just takes Aysu with her. She notices the flyers plastered all over town about a 10% discount at the newly opened Magne Mart.

She grins and heads over to the store. Inside she sees a variety of items but the one that most catches her eye is the saddle. She loved riding her family’s Pokémon, and she’d love to do the same with her Ponyta. She takes off a saddle labelled Ponyta/Rapidash and heads for the counter. She puts it on the counter and hands over her bank card over. The teller rings it up and River heads back to the Pokémon Centre saddle under one arm and much lighter in pocket.

Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Default Re: Magne*MART (10% off Sale!)

[font=sylfaen]Name: River Eytheranea
    Current Amount of Money: $200
    What you want to Buy: Saddle for my Ponyta
    Amount of Money you have After buying the Object: $20

*gets various stares* So? I really wanted it! ^^''''''''
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

[font=sylfaen] Old Balance: $200
    Right I bought a Saddle here-$180
    New Balance: $20
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[color=royalblue]
    Your Name: Kalah Byquest
    Your Description: Kalah stands at about 5'8 with a graceful and athletic build that seems to fit her well-proportioned body fairly well. Her skin is smooth with a hint of a tan from being outside a lot, but yet having a very dominant light skin color which prevents her from being too tan. Her eyes are a blazing and striking moody blue that usually match whatever the nearest "blue-like" color is around her. Her hair is long and flowing, reaching to about four inches past her shoulders and being a rich deep brown in color with a few sun-streaked highlights. She has strong lengthy legs with an elegant torso and a regular sized chest in proportion to her body. She wears light blue jean shorts that seemed faded a bit and also wears a olive-forest green mix colored tank-top shirt that hugs to her body slightly. Her feet are adorned with brown hiking-like shoe boots (not fully boot-like but not quite shoe-like either...) and she occasionally has a green bandana around her head, depending on the weather. About her neck is a lovely silver necklace with a strange pendant hanging down from it, with a few japanese characters stating her name and "Love" above that. (Wink!) and then about her wrist is a small silver bracelet with another pendant upon that.
    She usually carries with her a light blue backpack, filled with the usual beginning-like stuffs. She also has a few very small books and some food supplies as well. Oh, and an ipod... because no one can live without that. ^_~
    Your Personality: Kalah seems to always be quite cheerful and optimistic. She can be quite outgoing with any one person, however she tends to get a little bit shy around big groups of people she's unfamiliar with. However, while she doesn't like to make enemies and prefurs friends, she does like competition and when put into a competitive situation she hates being left behind. She doesn't get angry and surpresses her anger or sadness usually, but when it eventually releases... watch out. She's extremely caring towards her pokemon and treats them like one would treat their children, and she can be a bit protective of her pokemon and her friends if she's around them. Still, she's trusting of people (almost a bit too much) and believes that everyone has a bit of good in them.
    City: Dirunthra
    Pokemon: Growlithe - M - Fenrir (Fenni... some times... )
    Captured Pokemon: Abra - M - Dazu (Da... for short... Heheheh.. )
    Friends: Cearo Mitsu Gin, Arělys Tyrnea’rae, & Jace McClane because they all are from her town... she likes people... and such...
    Is Penpals with Ryan Karrde

KALAH BYQUEST
    .: In Dirunthra | Female :.

[font=tahoma]

"Liiithe! Lithe lithe lithe!" Kalah slowly opened her eyes to feel a wet, sloppy tongue washing over her face.
    "FENNI!!!" Kalah immediately bellow, sitting up and grabbing her Growlithe so that he stopped licking her.
    "You little rascal..." She laughed lightly, getting up and sliding her feet into her slippers. Yawning and stretching for a moment, she glanced at disheveled self in the mirror. Her hair was messed up slightly although she did look like she had recieved a good night's sleep. Fenrir happily sat upon the bed, watching her as he occasionally wagged his tail. It seemed as if Fenrir knew what today was... the day that Kalah had decided to leave her home and go on a long journey.
    "Lithe!" Fenrir suddenly barked, wagging his tail more as if telling Kalah to hurry up.
    "Alright alright... I'm moving." Kalah said playfully, going over to Fenrir and tapping him on the nose. "Now be a little more quiet."
    Swiftly, Kalah entered her bathroom and took a shower. She took her sweet time in the shower, knowing that perhaps it would be the last time she would get to have such a lovely and refreshing time. After a while, she wrapped a towel around her chest and soon exited teh bathroom. Fenrir was still upon the bed, laying down and waiting for her as she entered her room. She laughed as he playfully wagged his tail, and then she opened one of the drawers of her dressers. Swiftly she took out her clothes and put them on, barely having time to put on her shirt before a knock on the door got her attention.
    "C-come in!" She called, sliding her shirt over quickly as her mother came into her room.
    "Hey hun, I'm leaving for work... I just wanted to say goodbye before you left me for a while." My mother said softly, instantly rushing to give Kalah a hug. They embraced briefly before parting, and her mother had a slight tear in her eye. "I'm so sorry I can't stay longer... but you know how work is..." She trailed off, but Kalah nodded slightly.
    "Don't worry mom, I'll be sure to stop by sometime during my little journey."
    After a few more words, finally her mother left. Kalah withdrew a slight sigh before grabbing her light blue pre-packed backpack and heading downstairs. Her mother was a busy woman, but she really wished that perhaps her mother could have found some time to stay a bit longer. In anycase. Kalah soon came to the kitchen (with Fenrir at her heels) and managed to scrounge up some breakfast. Of course it was only cereal and some milk... and Fenrir had his usual canine-related meal. Kalah could barely eat any of her cereal... her stomach was too tied up in knots and she was far too excited. The gripping reality that she was leaving her home to travel abroad to become a trainer was fantastic. She had waited for this day for so long... and now that the League had finally approved her...
    "GRrooowl!" Fenrir gave a bark to snap Kalah out of her daze. She swiftly rose and cleaned her bowl before putting it into the washing machine. Glancing back at her Growlithe she smiled.
    "Okay okay! We're going to go now."
    With that, Kalah did a double check to make sure she had everything... and then she exited through the door. Before they were to leave however, Kalah looked about and soon saw her father not too far off. He was near their garden with a few pokemon hovering about him. A Butterfree was flying about while his loyal Bulbasaur was helping him weed the garden. Abra was sleeping, of course... which only caused Kalah to roll her eyes.
    "Hey Dad! I'm off!" Kalah said, waving her arm as she approached him. A big grin instantly grew upon his face as he looked at Kalah and stood up, wiping the sweat off his brow before giving her an instant hug.
    "Oh sweetie... you've grown up so much. I remember when I was your age... young... adventerous..." Her father's mind wandered before she brought it back down.
    "Hey dad! Dad! Yeah, I gotta get going soon... but I just wanted to say fairwell."
    Her father gave a nod, snapping back into reality before glancing at the pokemon around him.
    "Before you go Kalah, I want to give you a special gift. Its from your mother and I... we'd like to give you a pokemon."
    Kalah's eyes widened for a moment, as she instantly pictured having a Bulbasaur by her side or even a Butterfree. A beautiful, powerful and magnificant pokemon with her and Fenrir... a great team...-
    "... we'd like to give you Da."
    All at once, Kalah's dreams were put out in a hurry.
    "Da? You're... giving me... Da?"
    "Well, yes... Da would make an excellent beginner pokemon for you. He's the one with the least training... and besides, he's so cute, isn't he?" With that, her father poked Da several times. Da however, didn't seem to notice as he continued to sleep with some Zzz's above his head. Kalah's dreams were instantly smitten as she was given Da's pokeball and sucked the sleeping Abra into it.
    "... thanks Dad..." Kalah said softly, trying her best to look happy about the decision to have Da.
    Well... Da at least is a pokemon... Kalah shrugged, looking at Fenrir who didn't seem to be bothered at all by the decision. Instead, he simply barked and wagged his tail quite happily but looked persistantly towards the path out of the territory.
    "Well, I love you... and I'll stop by again soon!" Kalah said, waving goodbye as she dashed down the driveway. Fenrir barked happily and immediately dashed right off next to her...
    "First I'll go to the pokemart, and then perhaps I'll see if there is any wild pokemon around..."

[Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Magne*MART (10% off Sale!)

Alright the sales are okayed for everyone and your bank account has changed to reflect that. I've also decided to extend the sale until Wednesday for people to be able to get back to the city to buy stuff. Also from now on please make sure your character returns to the city before buying something. You can't magically have something appear in real life or in the anime, so the same goes here. Oh and the TM system will start tomarrow, but the TMs will not be effected by the sale.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Alright guys, time to start the TM system. Hopefully the list will be posted sometime tomarrow morning. Everyone that is in a battle right now can still do it ASB Style, anyone that starts a Wild Battle from now onwards is subject to the TM system. That is your Pokemon knows all Level and Egg moves and basically anything but Tutored and TM moves, which you will need to buy from the store for your Pokemon to learn them.

everyone needs a tiger to love Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Will the wild pokemo know TM moves and all that? Or are they subject to Egg and Level moves as well?

pretty banner made by wurz ^^

I'm Over the Top! AKIRA SHOCK.

finally I have an asb banner ^^U

Advanced Trainer

er..double post. >.<
    Bleh, grammar and proper word usage has gone flying to the wind in this reffing post.. lol.

Mike Silvern VS Oddish

Stats
    - Doduo - Dodo? - M
    Hp: 94%
    Energy: 92%

- Oddish - M
    Hp: 80%
    Energy: 90%

Trainer Issued Commands
    Sleep talk X 3
    Subs: Drill Peck

Round Two

The little Oddish, satisfied that his opponent is out of commission, is about to turn and run off, when suddenly, Doduo gets to his feet, apparently still asleep. Staring in wonder, Oddish is hit by three different beams, and gets to experience being burned, frozen and shocked all at the same time(11% damage to Oddish, 4% energy from Doduo).

Retaliating angrily, Oddish stretches out some odd looking vines that sprout out of its leaves, touching the Doduo and absorbing some of his energy and healing himself(5% damage to Doduo, 3% health to Oddish, 3% energy used).

Doduo remains asleep, but he suddenly emits some strange waves that radiate over to the Oddish and leaves him rather confused(3% energy used by Doduo).

Oddish, while attempting to attack Doduo, falls over, head spinning, and feeling generally unwell(4% damage to Oddish). Doduo finally wakes up, and spots the little Oddish kicking its legs helplessly around as it rolls on the floor. He moves over quickly, and aims another brutal peck at the little plant(13% damage to Oddish, 3% of energy used) Oddish squeals in pain, unable to fight back.

ROUND Two END

Ending Stats
    - Doduo - Dodo? - M
    Hp: 89%
    Energy: 82%

- Oddish - M
    Hp: 55%
    Energy: 87%

~~~~

Oh and to Hatake Kakashi for my own battling..lol.

Raizen, perform another Rain Dance to make the rain heavier, then use Thunderbolt twice on that little slug.

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

[color=#8fbc8f]my word, sorry Hype! That was spelled badly...I blame my mother, personally...she was distracting me ^^;;

Your Name: Arělys Tyrnea’rae (Ar-i-lees Tir-nee-ah-ray)
    Your Description: Arělys has silvery white hair which is long and wild. He lets his hair flow loose, disdaining the ponytail which most men use in favour of a more girly look. However, he could never be mistaken for a girl because of the total manliness of his features. He has a strong jaw, bushy eyebrows that are as wild as his hair, and a pair of piercingly dark eyes. His eyes are darkest brown, so dark, in fact, that they appear totally black.
    A single scar traces his cheek, from the outside corner of his right eye all the way down to about opposite his nose. The scar is slender and pure white in appearance, so it pretty much blends in with Arělys’ pale complexion. His skin is as white as white, and yet he doesn’t burn in the sun, staying the same milky colour at any time of the year.
    His silver hair and pale skin give Arělys an almost ethereal appearance, further enhanced by the fact that he wears anything but ‘normal’ clothes. Hating jeans, and any light coloured, heavy materials, he wears a pair of simple linen pants in a dark grey colour, tied with a black cord in a fancy knot. On top, Arělys prefers a loose, black shirt-type thing, with no buttons, and it reaches to just above his knees, somewhat like a smock, really. He has yet another cord tying it in the middle, this one in silver, and the top half lies open rakishly, revealing his skinny but slightly toned chest and belly. Not particularly well-muscled, Arělys is more defined in the terms of muscles, having only slight curves. Despite this, he is still rather strong.
    At his waist, he ties a small sack in which his Pokeballs are stored, meaning that his way of battling depends more on which Pokemon he can grab first, rather than strategies.
    Your Personality: Arělys is...somewhat random in both his battle-style and his personality. As stated before, he just grabs any Pokemon from his little black sack and lobs it into battle. Despite this, there is no need to think he is a pushover in any way. He may not have strategy, but he can use his Pokemon well. And he will whup your ass with them, too! ^^
    Ahem...Arělys is quiet and almost drifty really. He is soft-spoken, so you have to listen to hear what he says, and he rarely speaks unless he thinks it is necessary, preferring to contemplate his words before speaking them out loud. This often leads to people thinking of him as stuck-up, or pompous, but to his close friends, he is anything but. He looks out for his friends and his Pokemon, caring for their welfare as much as for his own. He is calm and collected, but in the heat of a Pokemon battle, his wilder streak shines through
    City: Diruntha
    Pokemon: Growlithe [M]. Nick: Aelethil Dwin’arnith (Ael for short ^^)
    Captured Pokemon: Houndour [M]. Nick: Ruhar Cyredanea (Har for short)
    Friends: Rain Taylor, River Eytheranea, Grey, and Cearo Mitsu Jin.

~Arělys Tyrnea’rae~

Ruffling the fur of Har’s back, I flopped onto the ground hard, clutching a small package to my chest. I had waited until I left home and said my goodbyes before checking out my starter Pokemon, and now the exciting time had come.

Sheltering from the crashing rain under a small bush, I hugged Har to me, the bony parts of his skull digging into my chest a little as he growled in happiness, tail wagging from under my arm.

“Let’s see what we got, Har!” Unwrapping the package hastily I was happy to find the paper tearing off nice and easily to reveal a red-and-white pokeball within, nestled next to a machine I knew was a pokedex.

Grasping the pokeball in my free hand, I felt it grow in my palm, and holding it to my lips I kissed it once for luck. Pressing the little button, I held my breath as a Pokemon materialised.

“Grow?” The puppy put it’s head on one side and plopped itself down next to me as I squealed in happiness. I had always wanted a Growlithe!

Har squirmed free of my grasp and pottered over to the orange dog to introduce himself, making inquiring little sniffs and quiet welcoming noises, his tail held high. The Growlithe sniffed back, then went into a crouch, pouncing on Har, who squirmed away and back into my arms. He had never liked the company of others, really, but he would have to get used to our new puppy team-mate.

Holding out my hand, I beckoned the little dog over, and he came curiously, sniffing and wagging his bushy tail.

“Aren’t you beautiful?” I slipped into that funny speech people use when talking to puppies, my voice barely making sense, but the Growlithe seemed to understand, rubbing his head against my knee and parking himself in my lap.

Patting his head, I mused to myself. “Now what shall we name you?” He whined, looking up at me, trying to understand my words.

“Aelethil! A good strong name…it means Winged Knight, which is what you’ll be when you grow up!” I ruffled his fur gently, and his eyes closed in happiness. Two fire types, I was so lucky! They had always been my favourite type, not withstanding Dark, and now I had two beautiful puppies.

“Ael?” I looked at the Growlithe quizzically as he examined a raindrop before it fell onto his nose, making him jump in surprise. “Do you want to go back in your pokeball? Away from the rain?” He made a noise of agreement and I pressed the little button once again as the red energy tucked Ael away in his nice warm home once more.

I knew that Ruhar didn’t mind the rain, and, deciding that it was time to go, I stood up and shook myself off.

“Come on Har, let’s go!” He wagged his tail eagerly, and our journey began. Route 260 and meeting people were our next destination, and after that…well, I fancied a new Pokemon…and I had heard that Absol frequented Route 256, which wasn’t so far away from where my friend Grey lived. Planning to call him up at some point, I wandered along the now rain-free road, making sure that Har stayed away from any puddles. Musing to myself, I mentally went over the belongings in my little sack. A fresh collection of pokeballs, a potion and Ael. Lost in a world of my own, I failed entirely to notice the Pokemon sitting quietly in front of me…

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

[color=#8fbc8f]I'm gonna give this a go! *crosses fingers*

Trainer: Arilys Tyrnea'rae
    Pokemon: Houndour (Ruhar) and Growlithe (Ael)
    Route: 260

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

[color=thistle]Started up here!

I would like to deposit all of my dosh please...that's $200, I believe...

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

Arilys met up with a !!

Elite Trainer

[color=#8fbc8f]Right! I shall use my brand new

Growlithe | Ael

*lobs pokeball* Go Ael!

Start off with an Odour Sleuth! Scent out that owl, and follow it up with a Flame Wheel! Finish up with a painful Bite attack, try to get it's wings. We don't want to capture this pokemon, but we would like the experience!

Odour Sleuth~Flame Wheel~Bite

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

Weasel Overlord VS Hoothoot

Stats
    - Growlithe- Ael - M( I hope)
    Hp: 100%
    Energy: %

- Hoothoot - F
    Hp: 100%

Trainer Issued Commands
    Odour Sleuth~Flame Wheel~Bite

Round ONE!

Some Hoothoots are lazy. They are content to spend the rest of their existences sleeping in the day, and hunting some unwary Rattatas at night.
    Some Hoothoots are timid. They run and hide at the slightest noise.
    Some Hoothoots hate sunlight. They hide away in their burrows or holes, only emerging when the cover of night gives enough shadows to them to wander around safely.

Not this Hoothoot. She's up, awake in the broad daylight, energetic and ready to battle. Flapping her small wings, she attacks first and releases a Whirlwind that knocks the Growlithe off his feet. He lands onto the ground, with an oopf, with hurt pride and a hurt behind(7% damage to Growlithe, 3% energy from Hoothoot).

Bushy tail and bright eyed despite his smarting butt, Ael sniff the air, seperating all the different scents with his sensitive nose, identifying the Hoothoot's odor, and getting her precise location(2% from Ael).

Hoothoot slams her entire body into Ael, causing the fire pokemon to yelp in pain(8% damage to Ael, 4% energy from HH). However, Ael recovers fast, and Hoothoot finds herself encircled in flames that close in on her to singe her feathers(9% - HH, 3% energy from Ael). Ael wrinkles his nose as the smell of burnt feathers comes wafting towards him. Terrible.

Angry, Hoothoot leaps forward, and pecks down onto Ael with her sharp beak(7% -Ael, 3% energy from HH). Ael retaliates by chomping down on Hoothoot's left wing, and breaking the bones within(9% - Hoothoot, 4% energy - Ael).

Stats
    - Growlithe- Ael - M( I hope)
    Hp: 78%
    Energy: 91%

- Hoothoot - F
    Hp: 82%
    Status: left wing dangling broken and useless, charred feathers.

Elite Trainer

[color=#8fbc8f]Right Ael (who is in fact, male! ^^ whee, that rhymes!), lets start something! (are we using the TM system now then?)

This time, use a Take Down to start off with, and follow it up with a nice Flamethrower! Singe that Hoothoot some more! Finish the round with an Agility to help you to avoid that pokemon's attacks.

Take Down~Flamethrower~Agility

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

I believe that we are using the TM system. =) But still wondering if Wild Pokemon can use TM moves.. >.<

[center]Weasel Overlord VS Hoothoot

Stats
    - Growlithe- Ael - definitely M (^_^)
    Hp: 78%
    Energy: 91%

- Hoothoot - F
    Hp: 82%
    Status: left wing dangling broken and useless, charred feathers.

Trainer Issued Commands
    Take Down~Flamethrower~Agility

Round TWO!
    Red signifies Damage, Yellow signifies energy loss

This time, Ael has the advantage over his opponent, and he leaps forward, crashing his larger body into hers(10% - Hoothoot , 3% - Ael ).

Hooting angrily, Hoothoot releases a supersonic waves at Ael, and confusion takes over Ael's mind(3% - Hoothoot ).

Struggling to overcome his confusion, Ael shoots out a burst of flame at the bird, burning her even more(9% - Hoothoot, 4% - Ael) . The air shimmers, and Ael feels himself reeling around as waves of mind-bending confusion hit him(7% - Ael , 3% - Hoothoot ).

He falls down, unable to move properly, so confused is he(4% - Ael ). Hoothoot hops forward slowly, unable to balance herself properly because of her injured wing, and lands a weak peck onto Ael.(4% - Ael , 3% - Hoothoot )

Stats
    - Growlithe- Ael - M(yeaps, it's confirmed.)
    Hp: 69%
    Energy: 84%

- Hoothoot - F
    Hp: 63%
    Energy: 81%
    Status: left wing dangling broken and useless, burnt(2-3% each battle).

Elite Trainer

[color=#8fbc8f]Damn you limiting TM system! *shakes fist* And thank you, oh wonderful Hype, the speedily brilliant ref! *hugs you*

This time, Ael, I want you to relax. Try to calm yourself and snap out of your confusion. If you manage it, use another Flamethrower followed by a Flame Wheel to fry that Hoothoot some more!

Relax~Flamethrower~Flame Wheel

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

The TM system is a good idea, but it is very limitting. LOLZ. honestly, reffing this battle is a lot easier than the normal ASB reffing. ^^

[center]Weasel Overlord VS Hoothoot

Stats
    - Growlithe- Ael - M(yeah, we've already confirmed it, I can stop posting weird little messages like this)
    Hp: 69%
    Energy: 84%

- Hoothoot - F
    Hp: 63%
    Energy: 81%
    Status: left wing dangling broken and useless, burnt(2-3% each battle).

Trainer Issued Commands
    Relax~Flamethrower~Flame Wheel

Round Three
    Red signifies Damage, Yellow signifies energy loss

Ael, though befuddled and bewildered still has enough sense to listen to his trainer's commands, and he relaxes, trying to calm down and snap out of his confusion.

Seeing the little puppy wrinkling his brow, Hoothoot takes the opportunity to leap forward to attempt a Tackle, but her injured wings throws her off, and she only manages to land a glancing blow(5% - Ael , 3% - Hoothoot ).

Feeling a lot better, Ael blows out a jet of flames, and Hoothoot shrieks in pain as she is burnt even more(10% - Hoothoot , 4% - Ael ). Using her uninjured right wing, she hops unsteadily forward, but with a hard whack, smacks it down on Ael, right on his sensitive nose(8% - Ael , 4% - Hoothoot ).

Whining, Ael nevertheless moves to his next attack, and Hoothoot finds herself surrounded by flames AGAIN. The ring of fire closes in on her, and she is again burnt(8% - Hoothoot , 3% - Ael ). Resolving to hate all fire Pokemon forever and feeling the pain of her burns(4% - Hoothoot ), Hoothoot steps forward with a deep Growl that sounds odd, coming from her bird-beak(2% - Hoothoot ). Her eyes glint wildly with anger. Ael backs away, his bushy tail well between his backlegs, suddenly afraid of this lethal looking Pokemon.

Stats
    - Growlithe- Ael - M
    Hp: 56%
    Energy: 77%
    Status: afraid of Hoothoot, may not approach her for 2 turns, nose is hurting

- Hoothoot - F
    Hp: 41%
    Energy: 72%
    Status: left wing dangling broken and useless, burnt(3-4% each battle), has also sworn to destroy all fire Pokemon.

why wub woo Moderator

Okay Bryant, good job! While it's paralyzed and confused, use Lock On followed by Zap Cannon and if it is safe to attack without making it faint, use Swift, otherwise use Screech!

Lock On ~ Zap Cannon ~ Swift/Screech

Elite Trainer

[color=#8fbc8f]Okay Ael, start off with a big scary Howl to intimidate that Hooty and to raise your spirits too! Then, if you're still afraid, I want you to use a Fire Spin from far away to trap that owl. Finish up with a nice Crunch!

However, if you aren't afraid after that Howl, I want you to use a Crunch and then finish up with a Heat Wave for more burny goodness! ^^

Howl~Fire Spin~Crunch
    Subs: If not afraid after Howl, use; Crunch~Heat Wave instead

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?