Thread: SilverSuicune versus Metalakafable (Referee: Charizard04621)

Banned

Default SilverSuicune versus Metalakafable (Referee: Charizard04621)

Prodigy versus SneaselReborned, rather. Karin only changes her real name.

Rules
    Pokemon 6-on-6
    DQ None
    Rotation Prodigy sends, SR attacks.
    Arena The Omni Gym, signature arena of former GL Arbiter and, most recently, site of the DRWS-Impereon battle. "The arena consists of a grass clearing bordered by infinitely high slopes (at a roughly 45° angle). Each round, the Omni Gym chooses a random element, and conforms to conditions suitable for that element (example: rain for water, hail for ice) and attacks of that element receive a modest power boost." First round element is normal, and the referee will inform the battlers of the next element at the end of each round.

Dash the (male) Furret will kick things off.

FEAR THE INSECTS.

Banned

Of course, this is all predetermined and all, so I guess we'll just go with it. Bah, I'll attack first.

My Dragonair will be battling.

Voronwer, lets hit it. Well, it's pretty nice that its openair so you can fly around and such, you know, have some fun. However, for this round we can just wait. Or maybe we can just be cheap. Begin with some fiery destruction and stuff to set aflame the grass, and then go into the air. If somehow Furret is at equal footing (as in not on the ground), set his fur aflame with another flamethrower. If needed, ditch the last flamethrower and ignite the entire grass.

I haven't a clue how to set up a final attack listing, so I'll just do a makeshift one.

Either: Fire Blast, fly into air, *possible flamethrower to Furret*
    Or: Fire Blast, Fire Blast, fly into air

=D...meh, that was fast b/c i have to go...

Banned

Your attack commands are a bit disorganized, aren't they? I hope your Dragonair is smarter than he looks. I guess the plan is to set the field ablaze and flee into the sky, but I'm afraid he'll be wasting his time and energy trying.

Dash, this is easy enough to handle, so tear open the skies and release a torrent of rain to douse the dragon's fire. Once you've shut down his attack plan for the remainder of the round, he'll be vulnerable to heavy bombardment, so score an early damage advantage fast with a pair of Blizzards.

Rain Dance, Blizzard, Blizzard

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

But I don't want to do a Pre-Battle. ;_;

Pre-battle:

It is mid-morning on the deceptively peaceful field, and the sun's rays shine gently (for now) onto the soft meadow grass. The rolling green slopes dip in with a steep angle, enclosing this special arena and the doom that lurks within it. This field hides a sinister secret, one of terrible wrath... Those unfortunate enough to battle here will soon have a taste of its wicked evil.

Dash: 100%, energy(100%)
    Voronwer: 100%, energy(100%)

Round 1

The Furret waves impatiently, summoning gray clouds that blot out the sun... Thunder rumbles in the sky, and the storm bursts, pouring forth with full torrential fury. Even Voronwer's flaming kanji does not stand a chance against the falling rain. Dash snickers. His opponent is stuck with a set of useless tactics.

Embarrassed that his plan has been thwarted so simply, Voronwer sulks, taking to the air. Might as well get away from Dash's melee range... But Dash does not have to be close to him to inflict heavy damage. Just like his trainer, Voronwer shrieks in surprise when he realizes that a Furret is capable of unleashing icy hell, flinching as the cold shards sting his skin...

This time Voronwer, shivering in the cold, is slightly better prepared... In moving out of direct line of fire, he manages to avoid a little bit of Dash's freezing blast... He is, by no means, however, unscathed, while his jeering opponent begins to get dangerously on his nerves...

Dash: 100%, energy(81%)
    Voronwer: 58%, extremely cold, energy(89%)

~ Rain Dance active (3 actions) ~

The incoming Type will be Bug.

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Banned

Hm, I must say this seems very odd to me. How did a Fire Blast take out 11% of my energy while a Rain and two Blizzards only took out 19% energy. I'm guessing Rain Dance took out about...say, 4% energy, so each blizzard probably took out about 7% fatigue. How is it that Fire Blast took out so much more?

Another thing: you say the second blast was dodged to some extent, yet I still took a massive 42% damage (roughly 21% per Blizzard). Now, you say the second blast lets say only "half hit". That means you are implying that a full on blizzard would deal about 31% damage, which is enough to 3KO or 4KO an enemy.

I also wonder what the chances are of a Blizzard reaching a highly airborne Dragonair (unless you ref blizzard as a blast from the sky, which it appears you don't) without being severely downgraded in power (due to gravity). It would probably also take extra energy, which brings us back to point number one.

I hate to be a nag to the ref, but this just seems very unfair. If damage is multiplied by this much, its just going to become a "blow-everything-up-fest" instead of actually using strategy. Meh.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

1) Dragonair used Fire Blast, take flight, and attempted dodge. That's not one action, that's three. You certainly don't expect taking flight and an attempted dodge to take up no energy at all, do you? In fact, an 11% energy loss was pretty generous, if you ask me. Maybe I should have made Dragonair use up more?

2) I mentioned that "he manages to avoid a little bit of Dash's freezing blast." A little bit is not a whole lot, and certainly not an entire half. You do realize that Ice is super effective against Dragon, right? If you don't, I suggest you go and study your type charts. In fact, judging from your previous performances, I suggest you go and study your type charts anyway.

My damage multipliers are quite beneficial to you. Instead of using brute 2x 4x multipliers, I use 1.5x 2x.

Blizzards generally have a base damage of 15%, which varies higher or lower depending upon the type of impact they do. Your Dragonair actually took 16% base from the first one, boosted slightly due to the element of surprise, and the second blow did 13% base damage. Multiply each by 1.5x and you have your 42% damage.

I must also remind you that Dragonair does not shoot up into the sky at rapid speed like a Scyther or something. Your Dragonair only had one action to decide on the best course of improvised action and then take to the air with carbuncular flight, something not as powerfully propelled as flight with physically strong wings. After that, your Dragonair was distracted by Blizzards and didn't really ascend further. I would not classify that kind of height gain as "highly airborne". What I must also point out is that it is raining, which helps Blizzard find its mark against Voronwer even more, since it can freeze up new ice along the way.

3) I would like to say that you were extremely lucky that Voronwer didn't just continue to spew fire at the grass after it began to rain. Your attack post was very poorly written and confusing, and it's a miracle Voronwer understood the jumble of commands at all. An even bigger miracle is that Voronwer was intelligent enough to abandon your commands to spew fire under the rain and jump immediately to flying and attempted dodging (something that you did not even ask him to try to do, but he figured out on his own anyway). I believe I was very lenient with your Dragonair, to tell the truth. He could have suffered a very great deal more than he did, and the round could have gone extremely poorly for you. Yet Voronwer took the best course of action under the circumstances.

I don't quite see what you're complaining about, but that's all right. All your confusion should be cleared in this post.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

A few things.. first, Metal, you should know better than to slam out a set of orders in ten minutes, and a competent opponent is bound to make you pay for it. Dragonair's first round commands were poorly worded and you left yourself wide open to a counterattack. Note that our referee says Dragonair could have suffered a lot more than he did, but he took the best course of action under the circumstances. She didn't even roll to see whether or not Voronwer would follow your commands blindly, or even understand them at all.. he automatically got the best result.

I didn't expect Dash to deal that much damage, and I would have wanted an explanation had that been my Dragonair. I wouldn't have had Blizzard do quite that much damage if I were reffing (I would have evoked damage caps if it got to that point), but that's not up to me. Anyway, you can debate the point if you'd like, though I'll wait until the issue is resolved before posting attacks.

Looks like it's bug type next round.. should be interesting.

Banned

Meh. Continue with attacks, I guess. I've always reffed Blizzard as lesser damage, more around 7-10%.

Banned

Great work, Dash! You've established a 42% damage gap between you and your draconic opponent, which is more than I could possibly have asked for.. this puts in a very good situation, but things will be different starting this round with the addition of arena type effects. Be on your guard. Focus Energy to ensure your concentration, then disable Dragonair's magical flight with Amnesia. There are only three different ways Voronwer can deal with this, and all of them suit our purpose fine. Blast a Shadow Ball at him if he's at range, or give him an Ice Punch uppercut if he strays too far into your personal bubble.

Focus Energy, Amnesia (flight), Shadow Ball/Ice Punch

Banned

Voronwer, to the ground with you! He can't Amnesia the flight if you are not flying! If you can, on your way down blast the wet furry...thing with a Thunderbolt. That'll surely shake his concentration! Then Wrap the critter tight and hard and make sure his paws are not free to Ice Punch you. Then finish up the Bodyblow. Let all the anger you've stored up inside you just burst out! Remember the fierce pain of the stinging ice? Let your anger be your power! Destroy him in your fury! See how you are in pain and he is not? Yes, give him a taste of what you felt! Make him feel pain! Go Voronwer, and seek the kill! Try to keep wrapped on at the end so that he can't move his paws to ice punch you!

Thunderbolt, Bodyblow (Wrap + Outrage)

Though I'm quite sure both Prodigy and Charizard are familiar with Bodyblow, I'll tell the formula anyway. Its a wrap and an outrage together. You can imagine how painful that would be.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Bodyblow isn't an absolutely killer combo... It just ensures maximum Outrage damage due to minimum distance. The damage is higher, of course, but it's no Gravijaa Slam.

On a side note, the element this round is Bug! Bug, you hear me? BUG! Remember the last time the arena threw Bug out at the start? Well, THIS TIME IT'S BUG AGAIN! Muahahaha! Muahah! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! >=D Have nightmares, victims of the swarm! HAVE NIGHTMARES! GARRRRRRR!

Switchblade *joins in the evil laughter*

Pre-battle:

The falsely promised peace of the first round is about to become rudely broken... A horrible droning is heard, accompanied by bright lilght. From over the hills, swarms of invading insects rise to storm the grassy field, glowing brightly with golden auras that cloud their identity. Each individual insect is no bigger than a Pikachu's finger, but they attack collectively. The golden light fills the field as they rush in from all sides, flooding the arena and infesting everything, taking bites at the pokémon who are there. The crash of thunder overhead would barely have been noticed if it weren't for the accompanying flash of lightning, a reminder that it is still raining; but, above all else, the roar of insect wings dominates.

Dash: 98%, energy(81%)
    Voronwer: 56%, extremely cold, energy(89%)

~ Rain Dance active (3 actions) ~

Round 2

Although he has never seen what these insects can do, Voronwer gets an ominous feeling... Very reluctantly, he charges into the flashing mass, enduring their stings as he goes down, down, down into the thick insect cloud... Dash, meanwhile, frowns, deep in concentration. He no longer hears the maddening drone of the insects around him, nor does he feel their stings... He concentrates on the task at hand, knowing that if he fails to maintain his collected thought, much will be lost...

Coming out of his trance, Dash pauses to find Voronwer in the mess. Out of nowhere, the Dragonair appears to coil himself around Dash's midsection, obviously almost, if not more beaten up by the insects than Dash himself is... Unlike the Furret, Voronwer has no protective layer of fur. Screaming with rage, the Dragonair thrashes about, crackling all over with draconic energy as he attacks the trapped furret in a mad frenzy... By some miracle, the insects around him shrink back, intimidated. But then, as if all in agreement, they all swarm down onto the thrashing Dragonair and his victim, biting at whatever parts they can reach (mostly poor Voronwer, but some of them get to Dash). In the confusion, Dash cuffs his violent captor with a fist that sparkles with frost... The clouds in the sky clear as the rain fades. Not like anyone would notice the rain with the vicious insect attack... For now, though, they seem to be satisfied, and leave, flying across the hills into the distance.

Dash: 71%, badly bitten, energy(73%)
    Voronwer: 40%, badly bitten, energy(77%)

The next round will yield Poison.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

On a side note, the element this round is Bug! Bug, you hear me? BUG! Remember the last time the arena threw Bug out at the start? Well, THIS TIME IT'S BUG AGAIN! Muahahaha! Muahah! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! >=D Have nightmares, victims of the swarm! HAVE NIGHTMARES! GARRRRRRR!

Was that really necessary?

EDIT:

Charizard04621 (11:23:20 PM): Totally. ^_^
    OmegaCune (11:23:31 PM): I just needed to know.

Banned

Oh god...I must say I am sorry. At first I was just trying to piss Prod off, but then after that I just really couldn't find any time to get on. Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Aaaanyway, attacks, eh? Dragonair, we're doing fine, but we have to keep up the onslaught. I'm guessing we're still at nice close range and furret is still nicely wet from last round rainstorm. We shall be striking with one of those awful status conditions! Thunder Wave to slow him down (not that he's fast right now anyway with all that useless fur) Now its time for a nice combo (again). Drillbit (yesh, mesa lieks putting teh funkay names onto mah combos). One last thing. If you are point blank range (like seriously POINT BLANK), blast furret with a Hyper Beam and then make him feel pain with Horn Drill in the same spot that you Hyper Beamed. Wait, ONE more thing XDXD. If he has double team clones on action 2 or 3 use Twister, Icy Wind, or Swift to wipe them out, whichever seems more appropriate for the situation. If you are stuck with having to use Horn Drill/Hyper Beam against a far away opponent, then switch off to a Flamethrower [if Furret is dry] or a Thunderbolt [if furret is wet]

Drillbit = Agility/Extreme Speed + Horn Drill, yeah, you should hopefully get the picture...emmm...yeah...sure...XDXDXD

teh funkay names pwnz j00!

Thunder Wave | Drillbit/Hyper Beam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt | Horn Drill/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt

If Double Team clones are active on second or third action, switch to Swift, Twister, or Icy Wind (whichever seems more appropriate for the situation, usually Swift i guess) and if Furret is ranged forgot the though of Hyper Beam or Horn Drill and go with FThrower [furret = dry] or TBolt [Furret = wet]

BTW, I'm guessing you are going to find an 00ber thing to foil this plan, but heck, I'm having fun with mah funkay combos. XDXDXD.

Banned

Prod..?

Anyway, for all the time you had to think about attacks while you were screwing around with Warcraft III and trying to piss me off, your attacks are still a fluffy, disorganized jumble that Dash can counter with a single move. No 00berness necessary.

Set up a Sub, Dash. All it needs to do is absorb the Thunder Wave and distract the dragon's Agility-Horn Drill combo, so it doesn't have to be very big.. but put a little more into than you think you need, just so there's no risk of it being so flimsy it disintegrates upon construction. As long as it's not so far away the dragon just uses ranged attacks and not "like seriously POINT BLANK", you'll be good to go. With his attention diverted, I think that another two-turn shower of icy death is in order.

Substitute, Blizzard, Blizzard

Banned

Since when can Furret get Substitute? Bah, I'm assuming you know your facts, but it seems odd that Furret can get Sub seeing as GSC has no Sub TM...

[EDIT] OmegaCune: Furret gets Sub in the same game it gets Blizzard.
    OmegaCune: Obviously you haven't been paying attention, but Karin will explain it with her reffing.
    DarkShenlong33: There is no Substitute TM is Ru/Sa
    OmegaCune: It's a breeding move. :-)
    DarkShenlong33: And it comes from Keckleon, which is unobtainable, as such, the move is prolly unobtainable.

Keckleon is the only Substitute-learner in RuSa, correct? Anyway, It makes sense to me that since Keckleon is unobtainable, the move should be unobtainable as well.

Also, Prod = Prodigy. *rollseyes*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Rules Tower:

"2) Pokémon can use any of their naturally learnt, bred-on, TM/HM, animé (ones that Pokémon have demonstrated they can accomplish in the animé), Stadium, or RBYGSC moves learned in Ruby/Sapphire but NOT New York Pokémon Center moves, or moves obtained from any such Pokémon Center. Keep in mind that Pokémon can also improvise various moves here. Hidden Power is currently banned due to balance issues."

Erm, Metal, this rule's been in effect for a while... ^_^;;

[COLOR=gold]

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Um, Sneas, you expect your Dragonair to understand those commands perfectly? Er... Good luck.

Pre-battle:

Fog shuts out the sun... A foul air enters, pouring down the slopes and into the field. The grass withers upon the cloud's arrival, choking under the unwholesome air. The entire field is infested with a purple gas, turning everything into shades of toxic purple... A sickening sight. Dash and Voronwer cough in pain, specks of blood flying out of their mouths. They're starting to hate this arena already...

Dash: 71%, badly bitten, badly poisoned, energy(73%)
    Voronwer: 40%, badly bitten, badly poisoned, energy(77%)

Round 3

Processing his trainer's commands under the influence of the noxious gas is a pain... Voronwer coughs violently again, whimpering. Nevertheless, he figures out that he's supposed to lock up his opponent Furret's muscles... The suffering Dragonair showers Dash with constricting sparks, and his target immediately begins to frown and twitch. Perfect.

Time for phase two. Voronwer snickers, charging at the watching ferret, spinning horn lowered... His opponent bursts into pieces upon impact, thoroughly shattered. Uh oh... The real Dash's double ice assault tears through the air and reduces the Dragonair to a slumped, lifeless heap, drained by the combined efforts of his opponent's icy fury and the terrible, poisonous air... Dash himself doesn't feel too well, either. Although the toxic cloud has moved on, blown away by a mysterious wind, he feels exremely sick; the insect bites still sting; and the second ice barrage took energy out of him, too.

Dash: 61%, badly bitten, badly poisoned, energy(50%)
    Voronwer: KOed

Voronwer has fallen! Sneas must send out his next combatant!

Attack order:

-Sneas sends out his pokémon
    -SS posts attacks
    -Sneas posts attacks

The next round will have the Steel element.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

Snes. Meh, I guess that works. Emmm, right, to the new battler. I suppose I'll let Naurauko out for a spin.

Naurauko (Charizard M)

BTW, even though I know I will lose I will not quit this, so Prod can have a lot of fun destroying me.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You don't like Sneas? Meh, I thought it sounded cool. I'll just call you Metal, then.

And by the way, why the early "I will lose" bit? Just wondering, because I've been in bad situations before and managed to pull out... You've got a lot of time to recover; I wouldn't give up hope yet if I were you.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

I guess Prod did some searching or whatever and found that my Charizard was never approved, which I thought it was...man, this blows. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to use Shocker. Meh.

Shocker (Electabuzz M)

BTW, I will be gone for a few days to San Francisco. Yay!

Banned

So far, so good, Dash. Tag Electabuzz with a Toxic if you can, then pound him with a couple of Shadow Balls.. but be prepared to beat him down with Iron Tail if he closes in for a melee confrontation. Under no circumstances should you allow Shocker to grab you and teleport.. try to Agility out of his reach, but Protect yourself from the impact if he pulls the combo off anyway.

Toxic, Shadow Ball or Iron Tail x2
    Gravijaa Slam --> Agility to avoid, Protect as necessary

Banned

Meh, I don't feel much like doing too much research, so I might just get pwnt right here.

Shocker (or Elebutt, whichever the ref feels like using), I guess we better hope for the best. Begin with an offensive Light Screen. Run with it and use it like a shield that soldiers use to block the toxic and ram it into Furret. Because now you are at close range due to the offensive LS, slam that ferret with your strongest Cross Chop at close range. When the ferret Iron Tails you, grab his tail in a counter and give him pain. If for some reason the ferret decides to use Shadow Ball, well, whatever, just smack him around with your Rolling Kick skillz...unorthodox method...haha!

Offensive Light Screen [run behind it (like a shield)], Cross Chop, Counter / Rolling Kick

Whee I'm gonna get killed for some reason I KNOW it! I don't care if my 6 can't even take down a Furret...XDXDXD...whee like i care if i die so fast it isn't even funny...meh...

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Er, Elebutt? That sounds rather undignified to me. I don't think your Electabuzz would enjoy that nickname. By the way, your constant "Oh, no, I'm going to die now" comments are getting pretty annoying... If you're saying it just for the heck of saying it, please stop. It doesn't make anyone look any cooler.

If you're saying it because you truly don't have confidence in yourself, then go out and get some of that confidence! You're reminding me of my first battle against Impereon. I was an irritating, cowering freak. It made the battle not so fun for my opponent and referee; that is, until I just sucked it up and went for it. "Think confidence, Charizard04621," was what I was told. Well, looks like I should tell you the same thing. Think confidence, Metal.

Pre-battle:

Nothing seems to happen... The sun seems to shine deceptively calmly. Nice, warm light bathes the grassy field. And then, suddenly, it happens.

Dash and his new opponent let out surprised cries of horror as spots of silver appear on their coats, pawing away furiously at the glinting metal as if to rid themselves of the invading substance that way. It feels extremely strange to have metal crawling over their bodies, constricting movement and adding weight... It clamps upon their fur, shooting across their figures and locking them into shining steel coats of inescapable armor.

Dash: 61%, encased in Steel armor, badly bitten, badly poisoned, energy(50%)
    Shocker: 100%, encased in Steel armor, energy(100%)

Round 4

Sluggish movements are all that the newly equipped combatants can make. They are not used to their heavy metallic armor, and their now shining silver bodies creak as they lift their feet only to drop them again in loud clanks. Dash spits out a glob of poison while Shocker erects a shining, curved energy barrier, charging (well, actually, more like crawling) towards his opponent. The venom slides harmlessly off the transparent screen, and the charging (crawling) Electabuzz slams (bumps) into his target, who blinks.

Then the heavy artillery is introduced, so to speak. Shocker brings his weighted metal-plated arms down in an expert fashion, cutting right through the Furret's armored defenses... Dash yelps, swinging his heavy metallic tail into his attacker's side. He remains dazed from Shocker's assault, though...

Again Dash attempts to whack the Electabuzz with his tail, but to his surprise, the long metallic thing is thrown back into his face! The poor Furret rubs the sore spot as all traces of the strange silver metal fades from both pokémon's bodies... Meanwhile, the poison inside continues to burn...

Dash: 28%, badly bitten, badly poisoned, energy(32%)
    Shocker: 98%, energy(73%)

The next element will be Ground. Looks like Dash'll see the end of his reign.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

Shocker, lets try to see how this ground round has us fare. Hopefully we won't find ourself covered in mud. Though I'm dreadfully sorry about the whole "make you run in steel armor" thingie, I guess we'll try our hardest. This round might not be the best for our electrical assaults, but we'll be fine. If you are at close range, slam him with a Cross Chop, otherwise a nice Psychic attack would be nice. Next use a Mud Slap to continue the assault. If you are at too far of a range to Mud Slap, then use a Psywave The ground round might help this a little. Finish with a good surprising Rolling Kick to hurt him up. If Furret tries to...how do I put it? Well, slam you in a Reversal manner, you know, like just jump at you with an all-out slam, counter it to the best of your ability. If Furret feels like making clones, Swift them away. Good luck. If Furret falls I'm very proud of you.

Cross Chop / Psychic, Psywave / Mud Slap, Rolling Kick
    Subs:
    Double Team -----> Swift
    Reversal -------> Counter

Also, I've decided to ditch the whole, "I'm going to lose" thingie, ok? I'll try to look up and think I can win=D.

Banned

One last push, Dash. Douse Shocker with venom, then prepare for a final assault.. trust in yourself and charge the Electabuzz with the desperate strength of a cornered and injured Pokemon. He will be prepared to repel your assault, but nothing can prepare him for the full extent of your fury. Endure will see you through until the very end.

Toxic, Endure, Reversal

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I have deleted this upon almost finishing it twice today.

Pre-battle:

A low rumble transforms into a frightening roar that foreshadows the terror that is to come…

Dash: 27%, badly bitten, badly poisoned, energy(32%)
    Shocker: 96%, energy(73%)

Round 5

As the tremors worsen, Shocker’s crossed arms sort of fall into place for the strike... Dash cringes as he splatters his opponent with highly brutal venom.

When Shocker tries to smother his opponent with dirt, he doesn't find it too difficult... It's almost automatic as the shaking tears apart the ground and flings loose soil into the ferret's face. Dash, however, does not care. He's concentrating on more important things: survival, for example.

Had it not been for the constant tremors, Dash might have been far more successful in launching a surprise attack... But as it turns out, he only gets in a few angry swipes before the red glow around his opponent pushes him back into a realm of unconsciousness... Of course, Shocker does not look so healthy after the seismic disturbances either. The poison in his veins begins to burn...

Dash: KOed
    Shocker: 58%, energy(73%)

Dash has fallen! Prodigy must send out his second combatant!

-Prodigy sends out and attacks
    -Metal attacks

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

I'd be happy to, but you've forgotten to post next round's element again.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ergh... It's gonna be Dark.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

A worthy performance, Dash. Come on back to your ball.

Well, Metal, it looks as though you were able to take out my Furret after all.. though he dented your team pretty badly in the process. You're up next, Kangaxx. (He's a male Gengar.) Float up and out of Shocker's immediate vicinity and make sure you stay far enough away that the short-range sparks of Thunder Wave can't reach you. Try to Hypnotize him, and proceed to feed on his thoughts.. or, if that didn't work, blast him with Nightshade.

Float out of Thunder Wave range, Hypnosis, Dream Eater/Nightshade

Banned

Hmm, haven't had much time to post attacks. Darn, I was hoping I would get to do this earlier. Begin by creating a smallish decoy doll with Substitute. Continue by summing up the rain and then get ready to buzz to your heart's content! Gengar may try to get ranged from us, but doing so he's just coming closer to the Thunder we'll unleash from the skies! If you need to, move a slight bit away from the decoy doll so the rings of Hypnosis don't hit you. If somehow they do seem to be coming to you, close your eyes. You really shouldn't need to, but just incase. In that case, use Rain Prayer to finish.

Substitute [smallish], Rain Prayer / close eyes, Thunder / Rain Prayer

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Pre-battle:

As soon as the Gengar emerges on the field, most light seems to be sucked out of the arena. Shocker feels a strange, slight urge to disobey his trainer, although he does not know why. He tries to fight the feeling back, confused. At first the Electabuzz believes it is Kangaxx's doing, but he hears his opponent utter the same puzzled sound.

Kangaxx: 100%, feeling a slight inclination to disobey his trainer, energy(100%)
    Shocker: 58%, feeling a slight inclination to disobey his trainer, energy(73%)

Round 6

As Shocker watches through the dim lighting, Kangaxx floats out of his reach... Little does the Gengar know that his opponent hides behind a false image, waiting to strike...

From above, Kangaxx struggles to gain eye contact, but it is hard to see or aim in the absence of much light. A flash of lightning from above signals the beginning of a downpour, and Shocker invites the rain with outstreched arms...

Sparks begin to shoot out of his body, and he directs a massive surge of lightning at his opponent, who... isn't where he's supposed to be anymore. Kangaxx ignores his trainer's orders, feeling instead like causing mischief. He disturbs the Electabuzz, making faces at it and slapping it repeatedly for fun, prepared at any moment to float away out of reach again. The darkness lifts, and both pokémon can see again...

Kangaxx: 100%, energy(96%)
    Shocker: 49%, Substitute(3%), energy(61%)

~ Rain Dance active (7 actions) ~

Level 2 Bug invasion coming at you next.

[COLOR=gold]

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Bump for Metal...

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

Default Metal on Bro's Account

See title.

Shocker, not bad for an evil round. Not bad at all. Then again, next round will be even worse, and without the tough fur that Furret had or the ghostly form of Gengar, we're in big trouble. Just try to keep in nice form and slam the Gengar with your psychic fury, mostly in waves, as the bugs will no doubt not be letting you concentrate enough for a mental assault. Whatever you do, don't let yourself be Gravijaa Slamed, use Teleport to escape. If you find it impossible to Psychic, then use Thunder if it is raining and Thunderbolt if its not. Good luck Shocker!

Psychic Assault [Waves] / Thunder[Bolt] Assault
    Prevent Gravijaa Slam -----> Teleport

For some reason the comp I'm on doesn't let me sign out of my bro's account...when I press Logout it brings me to the "You have logged out" screen, but after I come back it still is on my bro's account. .

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Um, Jason...?

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

No Gravijaa Slam? That's too bad.. I'll have to take a different approach, then.

Spite his Psychics and phase out to protect yourself from the worst of the insect swarm. Emerge near the end of the round and Toxic him.. the insects will have torn down his defenses by then.

Spite, phase out, Toxic

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Pre-battle:

Life sucks. This statement is confirmed by the excessive buzz of the glowing light cloud that comes flying over the hills... Yes, the insects are back. And this time, they have grown, and their sting has worsened. Even Shocker, who has not experienced their wrath before, feels an ominous sense of foreboding... Kangaxx, however, does not worry. With reason; while the Electabuzz suffers from their brutal stings, Kangaxx avoids them unharmed.

Kangaxx: 100%, energy(96%)
    Shocker: 45%, Substitute(1%), energy(61%)

~ Rain Dance active (7 actions) ~

Round 7

The rain does not relent. Between trying to beat off the insects and keeping sight of his opponent, Shocker simply cannot concentrate enough to muster a mental assault, let alone three. Instead, he focuses his strength into what he does best: electrical surges. Kangaxx winces as he moves in, taking the punishment, to place a leaden weight upon the Electabuzz's spirits. Almost immediately after the fiend touches him, Shocker feels drained... To make things worse, his body double crumbles under the insect invasion...

Again Shocker tries to direct crackling lightning at Kangaxx, but he feels as if his heart is not into it... On the plus side, the Gengar, now in ethereal form, utters a horrible, blood-curdling scream, a token of his extreme pain. The insects continue to bite, but Kangaxx feels them not...

For the last time, Shocker unleashes electrical fury... But he feels all the worse for it. Kangaxx targets the cause of his agony, but the insects, angry at their failure with him thus far, deflect his venom in a final act of spite. Shocker is safe for now.

Meanwhile, the rain continues to fall, and the terrible insects depart, leaving scars upon Shocker's skin...

Kangaxx: 63%, phased, energy(90%)
    Shocker: 33%, energy(42%)

~ Rain Dance active (4 actions) ~

The next element will be Flying.

By the way, Metal, would you mind changing your female Persian's nickname? I would prefer if my Dragonair kept his name unique to himself. Legacy has an intriguing legend attached to him, after all.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

Eh. That could have gone better.

Let's see, then.. Swagger the Electabuzz from on high (again, out of Thunder Wave range), then re-phase if necessary and concentrate on dodging his attacks. Gengars are masters of evasion, and with your sizable energy advantage, avoiding his clumsy blasts shouldn't prove too problematic.

Swagger, remain phased and go into all-out evasive mode