Thread: The Omen

Banned

Default The Omen

DISCLAIMER: I've been called Satanic due to my wanting to see this movie, and if your one of these people that are going to do that, go away.

Anyone seen the original? I haven't seen it but I heard it was good. Anyone want to see this new one? I do. I hear its good and the commercials look interesting but I'm still not so sure what it is about other then this kid being the Anti-Christ. Can anyone fill me in?

Banned

Default Re: The Omen

The Omen is one of my favorite creepy movies. I didn't see the first original one, however. I saw the last two which were quite creepy and disturbing.

The jist of the storyline I remember is that a kid is born to be the Anti-Christ and his parents don't believe it but then people start dying everywhere. Basically, everyone who tries to get in his way is destroyed and killed in some horrific fashions(one involved being squished between two train cars). In the original last one (I believe) he grows up and becomes incredibly influenitial in the government. He uses sublinimal messages when the Christ figure is supposedly born to rid the world of baby boys at that time. There's a very disturbing scene with that that was very creepy (and I hope they do something with that in this new movie if we get that far).

I want to see it sometime just to compare it to the old one. Hopefully, it will be just as creepy as the original.

Cloyster Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3
    DISCLAIMER: I've been called Satanic due to my wanting to see this movie, and if your one of these people that are going to do that, go away.
    Don't worry, I don't think you're satanic because of that, it's your avatar that does it for me . Anyway I would actually like to see it myself, looks really creapy. And as for the plot, it's about the antichrist like BW said, and apparently he got switched at birth with his "parents'" real kid and he's actually the son of the devil. One really creepy thing about it (aside from it being released on 6-6-06) is that scene where that woman (presumably his mother I guess) hangs herself, yeah might be a bit too creepy for me.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

The omen is one of my favourite films. I'm annoyed at them remaking it. You just don't remake the omen. It's just wrong grr.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Don't worry, I don't think you're satanic because of that, it's your avatar that does it for me .
    Haha, its a band logo, no satanism anywhere here.