Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 666

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default 666

Well, wouldn't you know it. Today is June 5, 2006, meaning that tomorrow is... gasp... 6/6/2006, or, 6/6/06, or as banks put it, 6/6/6.

How do you feel about that date? Does it make you nervous about end-time biblical stuff, or do you dismiss it as a number? Do you feel people may act on the day? Let's discuss.

To me, I feel that 6/6/6 is just a day, and it will only be 6/6/6 in the whole world for one hour. People fail to recognize the ever-changing dates around the world from time zones.

However I feel people may try to do things because of the date. I'm a bit nervous about terrorist action, for example. Satanic people will probably have a hay day.

How do you feel about the date?
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: 666

[color=royalblue]
    I find it rather funny... mostly because people think of it as 666, where as really it is 6/06/2006 - which is the way the federal government likes to write their dates. I mean, the year is abbreviated so if you put everything into full... the two gets into the way. And if it isn't the two, it is the zero. lol

I do know it is an important day for Northwest Airlines... it is when they see if they get any approval from the government and the unions to make some new changes. ^^; Since my mother works for the day, it is rather nervewracking for her since the company really needs this bill-like thing to pass. What a day to have it on too. XD
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Biblical. Sure. Nero will rise from the dead tomorrow and burn down Rome again

It's rather silly, I think. It's just another day.

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

The thing about this that interests me is what was said and then highlighted in the film 'End of Days'

The Number of the Beast was identified through the Dreams of those about to be possessed. But in dreams images and numbers are often presented upside down or back to front, sometimes both. So in reality, 666 would mean that the Real Number of the Beast is 999.
    Now in the film this made the lead realise that the Police were the enemy. How he worked it out i dont know since in America the Emergency number is 911, in england however it is 999.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

All those wackos by the side of the road probably having a field day.

"Tomorrow (6/6/6) END OF THE WORLD WILL COME"
    "Sinners repent, the armageddon is coming"

I'd probably laugh in their faces if I see someone like that.

So to me it's just a date but I to have a feeling something could happen, like a terrorist strike.

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

I find it very clever that they have set the release date for the movie-remake of "The Omen" to 6/6/06 (the movie is about Satan's son being born). That's actually all I can think of in that regard. Let's face it, the proper 666 date was 2000 years ago.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Товарищ Красный Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

06/06/06 happens every century...no biggie.
    THE MOST AWESOME GUY ON THE FORUMS!!

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex
    I find it very clever that they have set the release date for the movie-remake of "The Omen" to 6/6/06 (the movie is about Satan's son being born). That's actually all I can think of in that regard. Let's face it, the proper 666 date was 2000 years ago.
    Yeah but I think it was Nostradamus that predicted the end of the world around the year 2000 or something like that ^^

why wub woo Moderator

Unbelievable.

This is me and my girlfriend's year's anniversary.

Thanks for ruining it for me, chump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Master Trainer

Heald, you and/or your girlfriend are the spawn(s) of Satan. Of course, this isn't news or anything...

Winner of the 2009 Zing, the 2010 Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!, the 2011 Conventioneers, the 2012 Me loved ponies first, and the 2013 Cool Unown Awards

"Judge if you want. We are all going to die. I intend to deserve it." - A Softer World

why wub woo Moderator

Gee, what do you think gave it away, the pentagram on my chest engraved with unholy fire?
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Eesh. Thought that was an unsightly scar...wasn't going to mention it.

Seriously though, I'm more afraid of what people might do today, just because they believe it's the day of the devil or something. I mean, techinically it's just abbreviated that way, but good luck changing some people's minds.
    [COLOR=red]Adoptees

ASB Team:Can you believe I only wanted 6?

Thanks, Saffire Persian!(If you like the banner, go ask her to make you one, too.)

ASBRPG Card

Moderator Moderator

Meh, I just see the date as a coincidence, I seriously doubt that anything will happen. I mean, the same date happened 100 years ago, and obviously the world didn't end. Of course, a lot of people always talk about when they think the world will end. The year 2000 was quite popular, and now 2012 is being talked about as the end of time, I believe because some ancient calendar doesn't display anything after the year 2012. My parents and even my teachers at school said that people have been predicting the end of the world ever since they were little kids.

As a catholic, I do believe that the world will end someday. However, I do not believe that there is any way of figuring it out based on a date or numerology. I have always been taught that the world would end when things were at their absolute worst, and although the world isn't in the best of states now, things could certainly be much worse.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Number1ChanseyFan
    ...the world isn't in the best of states now, things could certainly be much worse.
    *knock on wood*
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hype! Hype! Hype!

I don't get why everyone is giving more than 2 shits about tomorrow. It's happened 20 times before on the Gregorian calendar, and nothing's happened yet.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Holy shit, I almost forgot. Dru, almost forgetting a chance to go around and act normal (for her) to freak people out more than usual? Good gods... something is wrong!

Haha, I think I'm gonna go down to the shop where I work and buy a cloak and some (more) freaky jewlery to wear tomorrow... I've got clothing and makeup taken care of all ready. ^_^ So many fundamentalists to scare the crap out of... bwahahaha...

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Drusilla
    Haha, I think I'm gonna go down to the shop where I work and buy a cloak and some (more) freaky jewlery to wear tomorrow... I've got clothing and makeup taken care of all ready. ^_^ So many fundamentalists to scare the crap out of... bwahahaha...
    Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh...

I think Drusilla has the right idea - I'm gonna dress in all black, go stand by the side of a busy highway tomorrow with a steak knife, and just stare at the drivers passing by all day...

Ummmm... just, somebody please pray for me so I don't get arrested -I never saw End of Days, but if the cops really are evil and they get me tomorrow...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

TPM's Statistician Honorary ModeratorMaster Trainer
    Master Trainer
    (Donator)

why didnt the world end on 6-6-666 then?
    or the first true 6-6-6 or 6-6-1906,6-6-1806,6-6-1706,ect
    homeofmew
    (homeofmew#1337)

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by homeofmew
    why didnt the world end on 6-6-666 then?
    or the first true 6-6-6 or 6-6-1906,6-6-1806,6-6-1706,ect
    Because there were people like Tina that had to ask questions all the time and the world never got around to ending! :-p j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster
    Ummmm... just, somebody please pray for me so I don't get arrested -I never saw End of Days, but if the cops really are evil and they get me tomorrow...
    Dude, I live in Texas... I am so gonna get busted!

Master Trainer

[color=royalblue]
    OMG... if anyone does dress in a black coat and has a steak knife in hand, I want a picture of that. Make sure you have the 'death' look too... that just is so frigg'n hilarious.

It also might be mentioned that as far as religion goes, it does say that the end of the world will happen when no one predicts it. So if someone predicts the end of the world is going to happen on a certain day... then well, it isn't going to happen. I'm more inclined to believe the world is going to end when a huge gnashing comet is headed towards earth with an Alien army behind it than any 'scary' date.

Oh and Heald... just a thought... but that army of zombies that always follows you around..? That also might give it away too.
    [Please Send Tell]

why wub woo Moderator

Actually they're just my groupies.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

wasn't there something misinterpreted awhile back and the number turned out to be 616 instead of 666? (or am I talking out of my ass again?) if so, oopsies! thursday!
    my plans for "the day" were to go see the omen with some buddies but after hearing it sucked royally I can't decide if I'm going to do anything out of the ordinary tomorrow. I heard something about a party but I think that fell through. dammit I hope the world does end, I'm already bored a whole day in advance.

edit VVVyeah supposedly people got uppity back on 6/6/96 too. so pretty much any year that ends in a 6 is going to spawning lots of demons. goody.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

6/6/6 HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TONS OF TIMES BEFORE! In 1806,1706,1606,1506,1406,and so on and so forth the date date was there. What the heck is the big deal? Sometimes people make me wonder.
    Random Mark Twain Saying

"Suppose you were an idiot. Suppose you were a member of Congress. Ah, but I repeat myself."

Advanced Trainer

Does anyone have a feeling Goths are gonna have a field day? no offence to goths in any manner...

Besides I think I know the spawn of Satan, he gets picked on a lot so maybe tomorrow he'll burst out in flames and kills everyone.

Banned

ZOMG THE ANTICHRIST WILL BE BORN OMGGGGG THE WORLD IS TEHHHHH OVARRRRRRRRRRRR

I am gonna draw some symbols on myself wearing a heartagram shirt.

People already think I'm satanic.. and if anyone says anything to me I'll say its my constitutinal right of freedom of religion.

Master Trainer

The big deal is every century of humanity has one of these 6/6/6 scares at one point in their lives.

When it is 6/6/6 across the whole world, it will be 4 a.m. in the eastern U.S., 11 p.m. in eastern Russia, 8 a.m. in Britain. So if the world doesn't end at that time because of 6/6/6, then it won't. Otherwise it'll be 6/7/6 in eastern Russia, and ending the world on 676 is so unsatanic omg.

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

i totally forgot until i read this topic.

and its kind of funny because my school's senior graduation is on 6/6/06 at 6 p.m...and they can only invite 6 people haha
    [scarletspider]
    [COLOR=White][SIZE=2]
    Breaking Hearts One At a Time

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

tomorrow is one of my friends birthday. that dude's crazy
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who thinks these numbers are BS, copy & paste this into your signature.

Nothing happened... I'm oddly disappointed.

Banned

Guys GUYS.

It's not 6/6/6.

It's 6/6/2006. There's a 2 you can't just ignore in there.

why wub woo Moderator

It's horseshit.

Well someone had to say it.

Banned

Couldn't be happier that it was you, Heald.

Master Trainer

Heald, you speak so eloquently what we are all thinking.

Master Trainer

yeah looks like we're still here.
    i wonder if anyone actually expected the world to end... o.O;

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake Kakashi
    Guys GUYS.

It's not 6/6/6.

It's 6/6/2006. There's a 2 you can't just ignore in there.
    SSSHHHHHHH! You'll ruin it!

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer
    Does anyone have a feeling Goths are gonna have a field day? no offence to goths in any manner...
    No offence taken at all, I know I'm having a field day! ^_^ I'm at work (I work at a goth clothing store) and we're having a sale today!

BTW: BEWARE! LADY RAVEN (moi, right) AND DUCKIE (my sidekick, left) SHALL GET YOU!!!

No, I'm not one of Heald's groupies... he wishes ^_~

Master Trainer

The Antichrist is only born on this day. He still has to set up his kingdom.

Master Trainer

[color=royalblue]
    I just love the little additive on the bottom of the pokemasters' page... if you look by the birthday, it's there in delightful pinkish letters!
    [Please Send Tell]

why wub woo Moderator

Looks like I'm not the only one that remembered that today marks the day when British heroes valiantly crushed the German forces at Normandy...and some Yanks got in the way, but they mostly died.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] In fact over here that day is considered auspicious. Taking into account that '666' in Mandrain dialect actually sounds like 'luck luck luck'; hence that day is considered lucky.

There are even couples which got married on that day and the birthrate for that day was even up by 30% on that day. 0.o" Talking about getting an easier way to remember your birth date.

Traveling Housekeeper Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

So the end of the world happened, and none of us died, hurrah. Or at least....no one died over here. Some old homeless wrinkly may have kicked the bucket, but I didn't. And that's what matters.

So how did everyone else handle it? No satanic death terrorists attacked, I hope?

<=Satanic Death Terrorist

And he was asked, "What is philosophy?" And he answered, "It is a seperation of soul from body."