Thread: Billy G. To End Daily Microsoft Role

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Billy G. To End Daily Microsoft Role

Bill Gates has announced he will end his day-to-day role as head of software giant Microsoft by July 2008.

Mr Gates said the move would help him spend more time on health and education work at his charity, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

"This is a hard decision," said Mr Gates, adding that he was not retiring but "reordering [his] priorities."

Mr Gates will continue to serve as the company's chairman and advise on key development projects after July 2008.
    It makes you wonder what's going on at the moment in the computing world. First there's fears of the internet being confined and controlled by money hungry companies, then Apple gets a swift kick in the nuts with it's alleged slave workings in it's Chinese factories, and now Billy G has stepped down a peg.

Coincidence? or is there something hush hush going on?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

TPM's Statistician Honorary ModeratorMaster Trainer
    Master Trainer
    (Donator)

Default Re: Billy G. To End Daily Microsoft Role

im not surprized the guy has enough money to do what he wants.
    If I was him I would go to every Anime Convention.

TINA
    homeofmew
    (homeofmew#1337)

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I don't think there's anything sinister going on. Microsoft's big enough that Gates' presence isn't as vital to keep everything smoothly as it was when MS was a smaller company. I personally think it's admirable that he's working more with charities now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Something is definitely amiss, though.... something is really, definitely amiss.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

he's increasing his presence in his Bill Gates Foundation, which isn't saying a lot, but apparently the load there is enough to justify the change.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Administrator
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ktv
    he's increasing his presence in his Bill Gates Foundation, which isn't saying a lot
    The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is the largest charity organisation in the world, so I assume it takes a lot to run it.
    n/t

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I never heard abouty this apple thing though. Any link to that? But anyways I don't see it as making too big a difference I mean no one noticed when he decided Visual Studio 6 was his last project back in 1997/8. Althought they did get a bit more greedy after that. In conclusion I have no idea what shit I'm blabbing on about atm so I'm gonna go get something to eat. I haven't eaten in ages.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile_Master
    I never heard abouty this apple thing though. Any link to that?
    Well there's Creative trying to ban iPods in the US because of some bullshit patient claim, and then there's the 'slave' claims.

Apple Slave Claims

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.