Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your least favorite Pokemon?

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default What's your least favorite Pokemon?

To complement Android Mewtwo's famous post just next to this one at the moment, I decided to ask a question that I've been pondering for some time:

What Pokemon do you just loathe the most? More than one is fine, but please provide a little entertainment for the rest of us by explaining why.

My least favorite, personally, has to be Rattata, simply because I'm just so sick of seeing it everywhere in the games. Other high-on-the-low-list Pokemon for me include Mr. Mime (Clowns creep me out. -_-), Pinsir (It's an ugly Bug with lousy moves.), and Hoppip (A bunch of floating Grass thingies... I want my BB gun back... ), as well as anything that's appeared on the show more than 264 times.

OK... next?

-Blade

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Banned

Default Re: What's your least favorite Pokemon?

I don't like Rock/Ground type pokemon much. They're not that elegant
    and are very weak against grass and water types.
    I don't really dislike any but my least favorite is Onix

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

@BM: Wahh! You hate Hoppip! Err... what's a BB gun?

Okay, I only have one Pokemon that I dislike the much. You want to know?

It's... Luvdisc the pea-size and pea-brain Pokemon!
    Please take it easy~

why wub woo Moderator

Ground types are worth running sometimes due to their invulnerability to Electric attacks, but usually only worth running if they're dual-type. Most rock-types are dogshit.

Pichu is worthless. Ooh, baby pokemon? Who gives a crap.

In fact there are well over a hundred Pokemon that aren't needed, or are only there for fodder to give to other trainers.

And yeah, all too common Pokemon like Rattata, Zigzagoon, Zubat. They all suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I dispise all the R/S pokémon. Don't know why but they just appear like copies to me. I think I put up an entire post in ASB so if you want my motivation it is there.

The only R/S pokémon I like is meditite and medichamp.

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

Banned

Dodrio, i hate that pokemon with a vengance, for some reason i can't quite figure out, but whenever i see one anywhere i just turn away in disgust.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Faiz: ...Are you messing with me?

Well, maybe I misspelled it; a BB gun is a rifle that shoots little metal balls instead of bullets. It's not too strong, but it stings like Hell if you get hit with one.

And now that I think about t, I instantly don't like that creepy new Electric Pokemon that looks like a mutant Electabuzz: Buzz is a great Pokemon, and they had to make it turn into that... thing.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Most RSE pokemon, but out all of those I hate Milotic the most.

why wub woo Moderator

Oh yeah, Plusle and Minun. They're both crap and no one gives a shit about Double battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I hate Zubat. So annoying. Golbat and Crobat too.

I also strongly dislike most of the fire Pokemon. I like Growlithe/Arcanine, but I really can't stand Magmar either. I wish they'd get their asses in gear and change my user name! -_-
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Banned

Magikarp. It's so usless.In my gold version it couldn't faint one single pidgey on level 12 and it was on level 17!

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Tentacool. I was sick of running into the fucking things when I used to play Red.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

Banned

Mine is Magikarp Because it's So Weak

I never liked Rattata. I only caught to add to the PokeDex but I never use it or battle it. It never seemed like a pokemon to really use. I mean there was nothing special about Rattata.
    Fritz: So, Prue, I hear your friend’s a cop.
    Prue: Inspector, actually.
    Fritz: Oh, yeah. (to Andy) Well, I got these parking tickets...
    Andy: Yeah, my focus is mainly homicide, robbery.
    Fritz: Yeah. Yeah. So I have these parking tickets...

- Charmed Episode 3 - Thank You For Not Morphing

Banned

oh yeah 3 more is Goldeen even with horn drill it never hits, torkoal because it has the lowest speed in the game, and Delcatty because it never learns any moves after you use a moon stone on it!

Banned

in fact most pokemon in the game are as useless as fighting Lv.2 Against a Lv.99 The higher pokemon always win!!!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

1. Horn Drill is an OHKO move, and is a difficult move to use without a lot of planning in a moveset (and besides, OHKO moves are banned from many tournaments).

2. Torkoal isn't supposed to be fast. That's not its important stat.

3. Clefable, Wigglytuff, and probably others have the same problem. (Exeggutor, maybe? And I'm pretty sure Starmie at least used to...) That's why you teach those Pokemon the moves you want them to know prior to evolution.

4. Lv. 2 vs. Lv. 99 is indeed idiotic. That's why choosing Pokemon carefully is only important when you're fighting at the same (or a relatively close) level. In-game, it doesn't matter outside of Battle Tower/Frontier.

5. The Modify button is your friend.

While I don't hate it, I do find Zigzagoon (and consequently, Linoone) a bit annoying sometimes. It's a lot like Rattata, where it's just everywhere. The problem is that one can really come in handy for the Battle Pyramid. See, you need 1 Linoone, but not 1000! The things are everywhere, regardless of level. Argh!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Heald
    Pichu is worthless. Ooh, baby pokemon? Who gives a crap.
    I quite like Pichu and its funny antics on SSBM

I love Zigzagoon and Linoone cause if you got a pokemon with Theif *cha ching*.

My most hated pokemon would have to be Ludisc I mean its the most useless pokemon ever. It looks like a kidney bean.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

AAAH! I loath Replacement Pokemon. For example: Swellow and Tailow replace Farrow and Searow. The whole Wurmple family! They replace Butterfree family, Beedrill family, Venonat family! And then Skitty and Decatty, un hello- pretty verson of another well loved cat family that talks on the TV show.
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Banned

At least magikarp evolves into a garados(please correct me if my spelling is wrong) not useless!

Banned

I loathe ALL of the ice-types.Since I am a dragon-user they get in the way of my training pretty frequently.And that's why I teach all of my pokemon flamethrower.They won't know what hit them.Hehehe.}

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lordsalamence
    I loathe ALL of the ice-types.Since I am a dragon-user they get in the way of my training pretty frequently.}
    So I am a dragon user as well and most other dragon pokemon kinda tick me off. Cause Dragons are weak against themselves (Seriously who would have thought that up ).

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Elf Boy
    So I am a dragon user as well and most other dragon pokemon kinda tick me off. Cause Dragons are weak against themselves (Seriously who would have thought that up ).
    Probably the same person who made Psychic pokemon weak against themselves in the TCG. Then again Ghosts fall into the Psychic category as well.

If you ask me, besides the Zubat-Golbat-Crobat, I also strongly dislike Jynx. It's the dumbest Pokemon ever. It's basically a walking herpe that kisses everything it sees.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Elf Boy

they just did that because the dragons would be WAY too strong if they werent weak against themselves.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

i really hate those worm pokemon. and magikarp
    [SIZE=1]
    --
    Venuskazam714
    --

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

I dislike all the Pokémon that pop up all the time while you're doing a trip through the grass or surf on the water. You know, those Pokémon you beat with both hands tied to your back but still they pop up again and again, every few seconds you waste a minute going to the fighting screen and defeating your pathetic foe. Tentacool comes to my mind here.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Weedle, Tentacool, and Zigzagoon are my top three hated pokemon...

I'm back.

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Me hatey the Regithings. I know they're good and all, but they're... just... not... Pokémon! They're rocks with bad acne, and I fail to see what's appealing about that. I also generally don't like defensive things (i.e. Cradily, Dusclops, the evil that is Blissey and Shuckle)... if it can't knock something out unless it blows up or it gets an obscene amount of training then I can't stand it. Forgive me for sounding strategically simple, but I'm impatient and I like fast, hard-hitting things.

...Now, storyline-wise the Regis are actually pretty cool; Regice, in particular, appeals to me as a character if I give it a certain history/purpose. They just don't belong in the game. That's what they need to do with stuff like baby Pokémon and annoying things that look stupid but have cool backstories: not include them in the game. Make them appear in other things, like TV and toys so they can still get the marketing out of them, but stop cluttering up my Pokédex and boxes!

By the way... Magikarp, Tentacool and baby Pokémon are not the most pointless Pokémon ever. That honor (or dishonor, rather) belongs exclusively to National Pokédex ID Number 201: Unown.

So you have to waste box space on at least three different copies of the same thing to get an Unowndex in GSC, which lets you see hard-to-read words that are spelled in Unown. Wow! Look! That one spells "Find!" And that one spells "Bear"! That one even spells "XXX", which isn't a word unless you're trying to be lewd! That's SO AWESOME! They're a waste of box space, Pokéballs (and therefore money), and most of all time. If you really want to spell words with Unown (and most people don't) then go download the Unown computer font... the Crystal version website might even still have it. Just don't make me catch 26/28 pieces of pointlessness just for the sake of completeness! And they're terrible, too... the fact that they can only ever have one attack would be fine if it actually did something decent, like Ditto's Transform. But the vast majority of the time their Hidden Powers are going to suck because of how hard it is to catch Pokémon with even mediocre IVs. So you can't use them, therefore making it even more ridiculous to catch them. Seriously... WHY do these things exist?!

Of course, I should point out that I don't actually hate Unown (I do find the concept irksome, though)... they're another Pokémon with great story/fanfic potential. The Unown movie also happened to be one of the not-actually-that-bad ones (as far as I'm concerned the movies all sucked except for 2000, parts of Mewtwo Returns and the Gotta Dance short in Jirachi Wishmaker). I have intellesting plans for them in meh ficcehs... if DP could do something to make these guys useful then they'd be all right, but they're currently THE most POINTLESS Pokémon EVAR. The end.

Oh, and back on topic... the Pokémon I truly hate most is... is... either Roselia or Nosepass. Or Bonsly. Eeeeeviiiill!

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

I agree that the Regis are out of place in the games... In fact, it is them that I loathe the most. I don't mean anything bad by saying this, but heck, it is SO OBVIOUS that they were just included to put something about Braille in them. Solution? Draw a pile of rocks, steel or ice, put a few dots on it and ta tah! You've fulfilled your promise to the European Blind Union!

What will be next? A wheelchair Pokémon? Or a pile-of-amphetamines Pokémon with "don't take drugs" written on it? And the worst of it all is that they are legendaries after all...

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I don't really like Rattata.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixsong
    Oh, and back on topic... the Pokémon I truly hate most is... is... either Roselia or Nosepass. Or Bonsly. Eeeeeviiiill!
    Roselia *seizure* Roselia is teh awesome.

A pokemon that I completely forgot about because I was blinded by my hate for it is Farfetch'd I hate, hate, hate, hate it. Gah. Even its name sucks.

I'm back.

Passion's Flames Burns Bright Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I don't hate a lot of pokemon but's heres my hate list

- Weedle
    - Magikarp (or as a prefer to call it, Magikrap)
    - Dunsprace (it gets my wtf? award)
    - The Regi's except Regice(runner up for wtf? award)
    - Clamperl and its evos (third in my wtf? award)

Personally i'm actually quite fond of the annoying common pokemon such as Rattata and Zigzagoon. im fact, Zigzagoon and its evo are one of my faves(due to thier extreme versitility).
    Penname(fanfiction.net): Twilight The Umbreon

Am I back? Maybe...just maybe...

250 posts - October 6th, 2006

I'm a pokefan, writer and gamer. And don't you forget it!

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Foguet
    I agree that the Regis are out of place in the games... In fact, it is them that I loathe the most. I don't mean anything bad by saying this, but heck, it is SO OBVIOUS that they were just included to put something about Braille in them. Solution? Draw a pile of rocks, steel or ice, put a few dots on it and ta tah! You've fulfilled your promise to the European Blind Union!

What will be next? A wheelchair Pokémon? Or a pile-of-amphetamines Pokémon with "don't take drugs" written on it? And the worst of it all is that they are legendaries after all...
    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO. Because blind people can really play Game Boy. And I mean that in the least offensive way possible.

Another Pokemon I hate is Parasect cuz it's so stupid looking.

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

[color=mediumpurple]I don't really like Lotad and Lombre. There are more, but they are mostly R/S/E Pokemon.

What's wrong with Roselia? She's my favorite grass Pokemon ^^

AIM: MetallixGirl84 MSN: MetallixGirl84@hotmail.com Yahoo: metallixgirl84

Banned

I just wanna punch Cleffa incredibly hard. Or Igglybuff.

Its'(Cleffa) very existance infuriates me. And Igglybuff, I'd just punch it really hard because I imagine it'd make an adorable squeeking noise if you hit it hard enough.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster
    now that I think about t, I instantly don't like that creepy new Electric Pokemon that looks like a mutant Electabuzz: Buzz is a great Pokemon, and they had to make it turn into that... thing.
    I think it is an Oni more then Elekid or Electabuzz ever were.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvaelli
    A pokemon that I completely forgot about because I was blinded by my hate for it is Farfetch'd I hate, hate, hate, hate it. Gah. Even its name sucks.
    Dude Fartetch'd is based on the meal Duck with leaks, futher more there is a legend in japan about a duck who who fetches green onion for a person, if only to bring it back to be cooked with the duck himself. oh just so you know Farfetch'd may beweak but that did not stop me from using in on my ASB team besides I like pokemon with legends behind them...

and if I must dis like a pokemon then it wouyld be Sableye because the one Dark Dragonite owns beat me in TTT in the ASB...  

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Legend
    Dude Fartetch'd is based on the meal Duck with leaks, futher more there is a legend in japan about a duck who who fetches green onion for a person, if only to bring it back to be cooked with the duck himself. oh just so you know Farfetch'd may beweak but that did not stop me from using in on my ASB team besides I like pokemon with legends behind them...
    It's no like that makes me like it more, that fact that it's based on food might even make me like it less.

I'm back.

Master Trainer

I hate Salamence. I abuse them night and day.

*Sorry, had to add it*

Farfetch'd may be annoying, but hey, at least there's only one ;-)

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I don't like Salamence that much either. He's just a Dragonite rip off, and he's not that good to use against other people, because everyone basically knows all it's good moves. No suprise.

AaaaaAaaah! The avenged Popefold

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Metallixs Girl
    [color=mediumpurple]I don't really like Lotad and Lombre. There are more, but they are mostly R/S/E Pokemon.

What's wrong with Roselia? She's my favorite grass Pokemon ^^

ummm....didja know roselia can be male too?