Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the best type?

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: What is the best type?

Quote Originally Posted by lordsalamence
    says who?!?

I was just saying my opinion......*BUUUURP!*
    You were insulting some because of their opinion. So, in your opinion, that person shouldn't get to share their opinion without judgement?

@ frylock: Well, Sneasel and Houndoom are pretty powerful pokemon... And even though I say this too much, Umbreon + Return = PWNAGE!

I'm back.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Heh, I'm personally waiting for a Dark/Steel Pokemon... That'd be interesting...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster
    Heh, I'm personally waiting for a Dark/Steel Pokemon... That'd be interesting...
    Ooh...

How about a Dark/Electric, or a Dark/Poison?

I'm back.

Veteran Trainer

That new Scorpion Pokemon in D/P is gonna be Dark/Poison, and the new Elactabuzz Evo may be Dark/Electric (MAY be.), but otherwise I dunno.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster
    That new Scorpion Pokemon in D/P is gonna be Dark/Poison, and the new Elactabuzz Evo may be Dark/Electric (MAY be.), but otherwise I dunno.
    Do you think that if that's the case, it's just an alternate way of evolving Elekid? I dunno, I just thought it was a little odd to give Electabuzz an evolution when it's a pretty decent pokemon itself and the first evolution takes a while to happen (level 30 or so, isn't it?). I just thought it might be a possibility that if it's Dark/Electric, then it'd be a kind of equal to Electabuzz as opposed to a more evolved form. But speculation's rife nowadays, hehe.

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I agree, it seems utterly pointless to give Electabuzz an evolution, when its already one of the best Electric pokemon (not counting legendaries). It actually has a moveset *gasp*.

As for the best type... water. Hands down.

Offensively, its super effective against 3 fairly common types (Rock, Ground, Fire) and only resisted by 2 (other Waters and Grass). All water pokemon get Ice Beam, so the resistance from grass is pretty much mitigated. Water pokemon also tend to have all around good movesets in most cases. All of them learn Surf, which is unlimited use with no hassle thanks to being an HM. They've also got Hydro Pump, which is the second-best "strong attack" after Fire Blast, since it has 80 accuracy which is decent enough if you need that extra power.

Defensively, they resist 4 types (Water, Ice, Fire, Steel) and have only 2 weaknesses (Grass and Electric). Grass is a fairly uncommon attacking type (and the most common move, Giga Drain, is weak compared to most moves), and while Electric can be a problem, there are type combinations that get rid of the Electric weakness. Add to that the fact that Water types have no physical weakness (until D/P that is), and you get decent physical tanks with many Water types with even a moderate defense. A great number of the real Special Tanks are of the water type as well (Milotic, ugh).

Granted, they might not be quite as good if there weren't such a HUGE variety of water pokemon, but even still, the Water type is really excellent just as a type in general.
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Banned

umm... no, the water-type also causes minimum damage on dragon-types.just saying.

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Eh, thats true and an oversight by me, but like the Grass resistance, all water pokemon have Ice Beam, which is all you should ever use against a dragon.
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Banned

yes,most people oversee that.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Would you quit spamming? *beheads a Salamence*

Anyways, another cool thing about Water types is you can play their stats, like Lapras for example. Lapras is definitely capable of surviving a Rock Slide, and can dish out a mean Surf/Ice Beam (Blizzard for quick battles)/Rain Dance/Thunderbolt combo like nothing. Everything dies. ^_^

Lapras and Gyarados learn quite a variety of moves as well. You could easily have both on your team and take care of many opponent types, but I don't recommend that in a professional field, but for the game boy games, it's pretty hardcore. I'm also pretty much a RBYGSC person, sorry. ^_^;

Gyarados may suck in professional battles with that four-times weakness, but if you're just playing in the Game Boy, don't count on a non-Electric Pokemon on having an Electric move, and if they do, it's not STAB'd so Gyarados will probably survive it... (but most likely won't survive another, so pack on the Berries and Hyper Beams!)

Oh and I hear my favorite guitar solo coming from my iPod. Squee. (Vendetta Red - In Mourning for the Stillborn)
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Veteran Trainer

Another good nominee for best type that hasn't been mentioned (I think.) is Fighting. Like Ground, Fighting types have 5 strengths, and only 2 weaknesses. Even so, Fighters seem to be able to take beatings better than other types, and many Fighters tend to have decent movesets (Machop's line, the Hitmon's, the Medi's, etc...) as well.

The only disadvantage Fighters really have is Psychic types, but Fighters can usually dish out the damage as they take it, too - Alakazam VS. Machamp... Can you really say for sure who'll win? I remember beating down Psychics back in Pokemon Stadium with a rented Machamp - all you need to do is survive the initial attack and counter with Submission or a Critical Karate Chop, and blammo. Down goes Alakazam.

It's even easier now with all the new Fighting attacks, all of which are pretty strong... Brick Break, Dynamicpunch, Focus Punch, Vital Throw, Cross Chop, etc. And a new combo can easily get rid of those pesky type weaknesses... A Dark/Fighting type running loose would be pretty scary...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

I am a big fan of Dragons and Darks but I have to go with Electric. Several Electric pokemon (not including Legendaries) are powerful and not to mention fast, plus sometimes Electric Pokemon are unpredictable. I mean doesn't Jolteon learn Pin Missile? Pikachu can be taught Iron Tail. And how knows what other non-Electric attacks Electric Pokemon can learn. Plus there are very few dual type Electric Pokemon (not counting Zapdos.) Although Plusle and Minun are weird ones but powerful, I really don't care for them because they look like they just took a copy of Pichu and make 2 clones of it.
    Fritz: So, Prue, I hear your friend’s a cop.
    Prue: Inspector, actually.
    Fritz: Oh, yeah. (to Andy) Well, I got these parking tickets...
    Andy: Yeah, my focus is mainly homicide, robbery.
    Fritz: Yeah. Yeah. So I have these parking tickets...

- Charmed Episode 3 - Thank You For Not Morphing

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Quote Originally Posted by SoulflameNinetales
    You forgot about Electric. It only has 1 Weakness and at least 2 resistances. But then again there are many resistant to electric attacks
    I didn't forget about Electric. I was going to mention it, but then I noticed Normal also had only 1 weakness, and had one imunity, which Electric doesn't have. I thought it would be a better example. Though Electric does have 3 resistances, now that you mention it. I guess it does deserve a mention for that.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭