Thread: DP in the US by Christmas?

Cloyster Moderator

Default DP in the US by Christmas?

I was wondering about this. If Nintendo released DP in the US in mid-December that would put it 2 1/2 months after the Japanese release. So it does sound like a short time but if they start translating before the Japanese release they might be able to do it. Ruby and Sapphire were released in the US 4 months after Japan, so if they do that again that would put the US release in late January, not the best time to release a game. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but what does everyone else think? And how long did it take to release FR/LG and Emerald in the US?
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Re: DP in the US by Christmas?

I think that is a little early, but it'd be awesome. I dunno why, but I have this fixation on getting DP before I turn 18, and it'll be too late by the end of January. Well, we can always dream, or wish on a star or an eyelash or go storm the Ninty offices with torches and pitchforks or something.

I don't remember when the Japanese release dates were, and all I know was that FRLG came out mid to late 2004... Emerald was May 2005. But yeah, when were the Japanese releases for those?

All I know is at the Bryant Park party of the decade thing they kept saying that DP was due out in the US in 2007. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Cloyster Moderator

Eh, I was hoping if the Japanese/US releases for FR/LG and Emerald were close together that would be a good sign that they might be able to pull it off. If 2007 has been mentioned then I guess we won't see it this year. Also, if Nintendo really wanted these games to catch the Christmas rush they would have to have it out at least by early December anyway.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

I've heard mostly around spring 2007, although I have also heard as late as summer, or fall...but a year between dates is unneccessary...so say Spring 2007...about september 06 to march 07...6 months? I still think that's too long...
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Hmm. My guess is sometime in February, but that might still be a little long. Maybe late January/early February?

Odd timing, though. It would just miss Christmas...
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Odd timing, though. It would just miss Christmas...
    And how is this different to any previous release?

My guess is that they're deliberatly *avoiding* a Christmas release of what is basically a sure-fire bestseller in order to take the heat off their other holiday releases. The'll want people spending up on Wii products, after all.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

duhh...it hit me recently...

Ok, Pokemon would rake in money as a Christmas release...but not that much with PS3 coming out in November I believe...people would spend all their money on PS3 games...so, if you give a month or two...people have holiday money, and have made paychecks...cha-ching!! You sell out every copy in America for the first month...
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!