Thread: Pokemon Battle Revolution

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Pokemon Battle Revolution

Some of you may have heard of Pokemon Battle Revolution, the new game for the Wii that is slated for a 2007 release. (If you haven't, you might want to read a bit of the information here and watch some of the trailers.) As the article states, the newest version of the Stadium-style games will change the rendering of attacks - especially those that strike both opponents - and it will feature some interaction with the environment in which the battle takes place.

Frankly, I'm hoping that we'll be hearing a lot more about what the Revolution has to offer in the coming months. While the change in how attacks are rendered is certainly nice (and long overdue), it only changes a bit of the form of the battles without having any bearing on how the tactics actually work. I'd like to see a bit more put into play - maybe different stadiums have different effects on the battles, for instance. I'll be happy if they're at least that creative, to be honest. They need something to mix it up!

(My ultimate goal is to have a Pokemon battle work in a similar manner as some of the exploring/fights in RPGs like the newer Legend of Zelda games, with strategic movements, jumps, and different types of attacks, all coordinated to handle the arena in which you fight. But I can wait for that. No hurry. )

Anyway, those are my thoughts on the new game. But what do you think? What are your hopes and expectations for the Battle Revolution?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution

Seems they revealed today that its going to come out on Dec. 2 (in japan anyway, I'd assume it won't hit the US until D/P do as well).

EDIT: Found the link to the video released here. Its about halfway down on page, so you'll have to scroll a bit. Looks pretty neat, though its kinda bad quality. Diaruga and Perukia look sweet, and that dark beam is nifty.
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Guys it's just a rehash of Pokemon stadium with upgrades nothing more, now if it was more RPG based game likePokémon XD then I would be more interested in it....

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Legend
    Guys it's just a rehash of Pokemon stadium with upgrades nothing more, now if it was more RPG based game likePokémon XD then I would be more interested in it....

~Charles Legend
    Ironically, a lot of people are going to like this game because it is a Stadium rehash rather than a Colloseum rehash. Colloseum disappointed many with its severe lack of traditional Stadium features.
    As far as I'm concerned, 3D RPGs are nothing special until they finally manage to bring them up to the same level of quality as the handheld ones.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron
    Ironically, a lot of people are going to like this game because it is a Stadium rehash rather than a Colloseum rehash. Colloseum disappointed many with its severe lack of traditional Stadium features.
    As far as I'm concerned, 3D RPGs are nothing special until they finally manage to bring them up to the same level of quality as the handheld ones.
    ...This game is a sequel to Stadium? Not Colloseum?

YES!!!!!!!

(does backflips)

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Do you know what kind of starts we get in this one?
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

The real Shonta Moderator

I don't think we get starters since this is a remake of Stadium, which means no story mode.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Well, the game has apparently been released in Japan. Anyone happen to score an import?

According to IGN, Battle Revolution seems to be all about the battles; it is indeed a Stadium-style game. You can use Pokemon that the game provides for you, or you can copy your DP Pokemon into the system.

The coolest thing in my opinion, however, is the online battle feature. As long as you have the "friend code" (see aforementioned article) of whoever you want to face, you can battle over the net. We need to set up some tournaments here. Seriously. I'll even run them if it'll make things easier, because this is what we (or at least I) have been anticipating for a decade.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I just want to say that Donkarasu or whatever the Murkrow evo is named looks FREAKING AWESOME in PBR. Mafia boss crow wins so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.