Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon Overload!

***SLARTIBARTFAST*** Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default New Pokemon Overload!

PokeBeach just released the new Coro Coro scans with tons of new Pokemon on them. Some sound like they'll be awesome. Some are pre-evos and sound lame. =(

I'm particularily fond of Zugaidos, a dinosaur Pokemon with a cool new ability and new attack. A picture and info was also released on a new Gym Leader for this game, a new PokeBall, and info on connecting with other players.

All in all, it reminds us that D/P is just a couple weeks away!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~*Arkeis.com - Pokemon art and game info!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: New Pokemon Overload!

Am I the only one who thinks that the new trainers are a total ripoff of the ones from FrLg, with only the hats and the girl's hair being slightly different? Yeah, I know it won't make any difference whatsoever in terms of gameplay, but c'mon!

I see the method of choosing your starter (near the top of the left page here is essentially the same as it was in RSE. Hmm. The region looks cool, though.

I kinda hope they're not pulling another Wally. It was cool before, but I don't want it to seem like too much of a rehash here. Hopefully they'll use some creativity with this guy.

But if you remember anything from this... don't use the new Wi-fi system to send little Pikachu drawings!

Hopefully the new Pokemon will turn out well. Some of them seem really freaky, but others could be quite cool. I remember being freaked out by Sudowoodo back in the day, but now it seems awesome. I hope the same thing happens here.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Finally, a real Flytrap pokemon! I love it...

New attack called Double Headbutt? How uncreative can you possibly get with attack names, jeez. And Metal Buster? Sounds like Mega Man
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'm loving Zugaidosu - it's so cute! As long as it gets a decent evolution then I'll be happy. The same can be said for it's counterpart, Tatetopsu; not too keen on it at the moment, but if it evolves into a decent looking triceratops=sold. I've been dying for a triceratops Pokémon for ages now, even though it will be a boring type if it does so. :-/ Oh well.

Not sure about Korinku. It looks cute, but what the hell is up with the colours? The blue just makes it look so childish and the colour split on its body is just random. And it has Intimidate....why? I can see myself growing to like it, though, same as Mukkuru, as I generally like the early birds you can get.

But the rest....WTF best sums that up. I started laughing when I saw Minomoochi and Masukippa...not a good sign. They just look, well, not stupid, but odd. Very odd. Then there's Bippa, which is just boring, as is Korobooshi.

That leaves Pinpuku and Subomi. Pinpuku is meh, looks stupid but compared to Subomi it's the greatest Pokémon in existence. Subomi=worst Pokémon ever. It looks NOTHING like its damned evolution, has an absolute shit design (seriously five year olds can draw better than that), and can't even be justified along the lines of 'large Pokémon (i.e. Chansey) shouldn't hatch staright from eggs' which is a crap excuse but an excuse nonetheless. It's taking up a spot that could have been filled by something much more decent. Not to mention, Roselia's already got an evolution this generation, what the hell is the point of giving it a pre-evolution? ¬_¬

Still....Diaruga's type rocks. Steel/Dragon for the win.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

The baby Chansey can learn Charm. We better pray for a special-type fighting move. I like Parukia and Diaruga's types, we finally get a powerful Dragon that isn't quadruply weak to ice.

AaaaaAaaah! The avenged Popefold

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by frylock
    The baby Chansey can learn Charm. We better pray for a special-type fighting move.
    If moves are being re-categorized based on contact, the Regis' move Superpower could be exactly that.

I'm just glad to be able to take a closer look at Corobohshi and see that its antennae don't resemble trumpets after all. What's up with the "Cricket" designation, though? That looks nothing whatsoever like a cricket.
    I have to agree that Korinku with Intimidate is nothing short of laughable.
    Beappa annoys me incredibly. Also, I've been annoyed in general by pre-evos, but Pineco!? Pineco!? That's like third or fourth on the list of all-time "Pokémon who don't have any use at all for a pre-evo"! If Nintendo is trying to push us even further away from wanting to bother filling the Pokédex, they're doing an excellent job.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

OK, I'm gonna attempt to keep my ranting about the new Pokemon to a minimum this time:

Corobohshi: Not unbearable, but I still think it looks more like The Penguin than a cricket.

Korinku: Eh, Electric Pokemon don't really have agreat track record, but at least this one's somewhat original. And OMFG!!!11! It isn't YELLOW!!!!1!!!1111!

Subomi: I hated Roselia's Evo; I hate it's Pre-evo, too. Roselia bites, regardless of what Kevvaelli has to say about it, and besides, that is one ugly Pre-evo!

Mukkuru: Another ****ing bird? Pass...

Beappa: A beaver with mumps... Eh, could be worse. I'll wait until I know what it can do before I pass judgment on it.

Pinpuku: Cute, but it's gonna be a bitch to add to the Pokedex.

Zugaidos: Finally, a truly cool DP Pokemon! Huzzah to the intellectual mind who created this little dinosaur!

Tatetops: Could be tougher-looking, but it'll suffice.

Masukippa: GWAAAACK! That's creepy! But... at least it looks cool... I guess... It could be popular.

Minomucchi: It looks like an artichoke. Meh...

Dialga: This looks like it should've been a Dark/Dragon, but whatever - it's still cool.

Palkia: Now this should've been the Steel/Dragon - how does that look like a Water Pokemon in any way?

Now, we have about 2 dozen DP Pokemon so far... Hopefully, they'll get better instead of worse. Because they ain't too promising right now!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

* Corobohshi (the bug guy) - the Cricket Pokemon. Type: Bug. Ability: Shed Skin. It can learn Growl.
    Great more worthless Bug Pokemon

* Korinku (the blue, yellow, and black cat-thing) - the Flash Pokemon. Type: Electric. It has two abilities, Intimidate and Fighting Spirit. Fighting Spirit increases its Attack power when something (not sure what - perhaps Ability?) is shared with the opponent. It can learn Spark.
    ...So an electric type with an Ability to lower Ground types attack, good idea. Good bye Swampert, hello new counter. And Fighting Spirit, sounds interesting. I'll be interested into see what it does.

* Subomi (green and yellow guy): the Bud Pokemon. Types: Grass/Poison. Abilities: Natural Cure or Poison Point. Evolves into: Roselia. It can learn Mega Drain.
    We do not need anymore worthless grass/poison hybrids. WOOOhoooMega Drain. Its really special.

* Mukkuru (the brown bird): the Starling Pokemon. Types: Normal/Flying. Ability: Keen Eyes. It can learn an attack called Brave Bird, which is a strong Flying type attack. It is a 1HKO move.
    Great, now a Flying Pokemon that can use a OHKO move, I bet it learns Agility, so then it's speed is raised and then it kills everything in one hit. And it's a flying one, Nothing is going to negate that. More cheap Flying Pokemon. Skarmory your dead.

* Beappa (the beaver): the Round Mouse Pokemon. Type: Normal. Ability: Unknown, but it is new. It can learn Tackle.
    worthless Zigzagoon rip off. More Rattata like Pokemon I bet it gets Super Fang, and Hyper Fang.

* Pinpuku (Chansey pre-evo): the Pretending Pokemon. Type: Normal. Abilities: Natural Cure and Serene Grace. It likes to "play house." o_O It can learn Charm.
    Yeah, Chansey got cute.....more annoying I can tell.

* Zugaidos (the pachycephalosaur): the Headbutt Pokemon. Type: Rock. Ability: Fantastic, which apparently blocks the opponent's ability. He learns Take Down and a new attack called Double Edged Headbutt, which is a rock-type version of Double Edge.
    I hope it evolves into T-Rex like Pokemon, I want it too eat Pikachu. ^_^

* Tatetops (the yellow dinosaur): the Shield Pokemon. Types: Rock / Metal. Ability: Sturdy. It can learn Ancient Power and Metal Buster, which is a massively damaging Steel attack.
    Great another Aggron. What a waste.

* Masukippa: the Flytrap Pokemon. Type: Grass. Ability: Levitate. It can learn Vine Whip.
    So, now they are going back to there roots, If that thing learns Stun Spore, Wrap will be so annoying again.

* Minomucchi (the pineco-looking thing): the Bagworm Pokemon. Type: Bug. Ability: Shed Skin. He is most likely the pre-evolution to Pineco. He can learn Protect.
    we don't need any more worthless baby Pokemon, unless they are cute.

* Dialga (the blue Diamond legendary) is Steel / Dragon.
    * Palkia (the pink Pearl legendary) is Water / Dragon.
    They better have Levitate, if they have some stupid Weather Ability, they just f' up everything.

(my first challenge complete)

TERRY's GROUND CHALLENGE 2006- (Monotype Challenge) TPM RBY
    (my 2nd challenge)

Advanced Trainer

Korinku's ability increases its attack when the opponent is the same gender... prime canidate for Attract. Attract against a pokemon of the opposite gender, attack bonus if its the same gender.
    Master of Electricity

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Korinku's ability etiher lower the other guy's attack or raise their attack, could he be a physical electric type? Spark(and probably Volt Tackle) are becoming physical...

The only evo/ pre-evo I htink they should make is a Dunsparce evolution.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster
    OK, I'm gonna attempt to keep my ranting about the new Pokemon to a minimum this time:

I wish I could >>.....

Corobohshi: Not unbearable, but I still think it looks more like The Penguin than a cricket.

It looks like Volbeat and Illumise's Pimp. I can just see it opening up its little red cape there and smacking down biznatches with its pimp cane...

Korinku: Eh, Electric Pokemon don't really have a great track record, but at least this one's somewhat original. And OMFG!!!11! It isn't YELLOW!!!!1!!!1111!

Yay for the non Yello-O shire. Wait. Manectric was mostly blue...with some yellow...this thing is blue--with some Yellow...Damn, Ninty lost points for originality. But hey, if it can do some cool Simba-esque ability, then we may have a go for a usable Electric Type.

Subomi: I hated Roselia's Evo; I hate it's Pre-evo, too. Roselia bites, regardless of what Kevvaelli has to say about it, and besides, that is one ugly Pre-evo!

-.-...Subomi...is another Pre-evo. See. What's that now? 9? I'm feeling weak and queasy from all this Pre-syndrome.

Mukkuru: Another ****ing bird? Pass...

Well...hold on now. I really don't hate any flyng type--Ooh I take that back. Skarm can die. But aside from that...A Flying OHKO Move? Well we have an Ice One...so Yay, two non-resistant OHKO's...aside from Sturdy's..

Beappa: A beaver with mumps... Eh, could be worse. I'll wait until I know what it can do before I pass judgment on it.

o.o Beaver. There's a relatively new one. Wasn't expecting that..actually. I agree though, I am half expecting the Super/Hyper fangs to be learned by this guy. I want one though.

Pinpuku: Cute, but it's gonna be a bitch to add to the Pokedex.

NO! NO DAMN IT NO! DONT FALL INTO THE CUTENESS TRAP >O!!! -.- It learns Charm. Ok, WHO decided for that to learn Charm? People just wanna be mean ._.

Zugaidos: Finally, a truly cool DP Pokemon! Huzzah to the intellectual mind who created this little dinosaur!

I agree wholeheatedly. Pachecephalosaurus! Yay. Wish it was a dual type-but Rock suits it well. Hope it has decent Sp Def though...dun need no stinking 1HKO by Dunsparce Ice Beam k'naamean?

Tatetops: Could be tougher-looking, but it'll suffice.

Hey wait...every fossil..O wait, no Aerodactyl dosen't evolve. SHIRE! I hope my Pachy evolves, cause this Aggron 2 is gonna evolve...it better, and it better be better than its predecesor. -.-...

Masukippa: GWAAAACK! That's creepy! But... at least it looks cool... I guess... It could be popular.

Levitating Grass type ! About time. About fricking time! Yer all prolly like "Hey DL, Ground dun really affect Grass..." I know that. I'm saying, it'll stop stupid Mud Shot from pissin' me off -.-. And he looks dangerous. Like you could dig a hole, set a Masukippa in it, and then have him chomp unsuspecting Pokemon and Trainers and steal their money. Hey you never know, they do have an underground world...Heheeehe....anyway..

Minomucchi: It looks like an artichoke. Meh...

Pory...Just...I agee with Pory. What's this now, I lost count of the Prexplosion

Dialga: This looks like it should've been a Dark/Dragon, but whatever - it's still cool.

Steel Dragon. Wow. It finally happened. Crazy

Palkia: Now this should've been the Steel/Dragon - how does that look like a Water Pokemon in any way?

Kingdra 2, please stand up.

Now, we have about 2 dozen DP Pokemon so far... Hopefully, they'll get better instead of worse. Because they ain't too promising right now!

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight
    It looks like Volbeat and Illumise's Pimp. I can just see it opening up its little red cape there and smacking down biznatches with its pimp cane...
    LOL, Pimpmon...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Back?! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

*sees the new female player character and twitches spasmodically* Too.. much.. pink... -_-
    Yeah, I can break necks with my mind.

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

KORINKU - I like it, personally.

SUBOMI - One of the two pre-evos I like (the other being Tamanta).

BIPPA - It's not fugly, it's just misunderstood o.o; Nah, it's just fugly. Fugly beaver.

PINPUKU - I'd like to go die now.

ZUGAIDOSU - HELLZ JA. 'nuff said.

TATETOPUSU - Nice. Not as awesome as Zugai, but still nice.

MINOMUCCHI - 6.9; What? A sack of bug covered in leaves?

MASUKIPPA - This is pretty cool, I likes it.

KOROBOOSHI - Heh. Pimpmon.

MUKKURU - Well, this common pokemon might not be completely hated by I. (WTF. I lost my grammar.)

I'm back.

Veteran Trainer

You know, I was thinking recently...

Isn't Tamanta also the name of the final boss from Super Mario Land? Weird!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Sorry, you're thinking of Tatanga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Passion's Flames Burns Bright Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Thus speaks a true gamer.

*salutes*
    Penname(fanfiction.net): Twilight The Umbreon

Am I back? Maybe...just maybe...

250 posts - October 6th, 2006

I'm a pokefan, writer and gamer. And don't you forget it!

Veteran Trainer

...Tamanta, Tatanga, whatever...

Incidentally, it looks like the same thing is happening with the new Starters as with the RSE ones - they're getting their own custom moves. Naetle is getting Leaf Storm, and Pyro-Monkey is getting... uh, I forget. The Penguin, too. But still, Leaf Storm? Hmmmm...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

I don't think Leaf Storm will be "unique" to the starter, personally. If its a Grass type Overheat, that doesn't seem special enough to belong to only him.
    Master of Electricity

Blue blue Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well, you could say the same about Psycho Boost being a Psychic-type Overheat, and it's unique to Deoxys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Maybe he figured he 'sold out' when he accepted a modding position and hanged himself. At least, that's what I would do.

Advanced Trainer

True, but in the same way overloading your Psychic power seems like something that only a very powerful pokemon could pull off (Mewtwo should have had it to, IMO, but no one else).

Leaf Storm... well, it just seems like Razor Leaf to the extreme.

Which also raises the question, why is Razor Leaf physical, but Leaf Storm special? They're both attacks using leafs, so.
    Master of Electricity

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

The Monkey doesn't get an exclusive move. He does have a few Dark moves, though. He could become fire/dark.

Veteran Trainer

o.O Ok. With it confirmed that Crunch and Bite are Physical...this makes this Dark lover one very happy person. I'm so trading over this Elite T-tar now.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

You guys know that bringing in your old pokemon isn't an easy trade away rite? You can drop 6 monsters off into dp per day per game. From there, you go to a special park to walk around and try refind them and battle and capture them again. Lols good luck vs ya lv 100s and hope u don't faint them and thex dissapear forever

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Um... what? o_0;;

Never heard anything like that before... what's the reference for that?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Lols good luck vs ya lv 100s and hope u don't faint them and thex dissapear forever
    Well, nobody has to worry about that because, apparently, the "Park Ball" has a 100 percent chance of capturing a pokemon (It works like a Master Ball).

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Um... what? o_0;;

Never heard anything like that before... what's the reference for that?
    I think that the reference you need is here. Sorry if this is advertising.

I hope that this helps. ^_^

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Hmm, okay. I hadn't seen that yet. The question remains, though... can you still trade Pokemon normally between RSEFrLg and DP, or is this Nintendo's way of keeping people from exploiting the "Time Machine" (as in RBY/GSC)? It's gonna suck if we can't do tradebacks to get good moves... that was one of the best things about GSC for competitive RBY battlers.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I'm pretty sure you just have to find them, and they give you a super ball with a 100% catch rate. You can't get them back to your old games, though.

Veteran Trainer

Yah, no tradebacks.

Still, I'm throwing me baby over there, get through that game...and then tear people up with her once she is returned to my POWER!!

Entertaining quotes!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Anyone see the starter evolutions yet? The monkey turns into a fighting monkey and becomes fire/fighting, the turtle turns into a giant turtle with a tree on it's back, and becomes Grass/Ground(I called it!). The Penguin becomes a giant robo-penguin, and becomes water/steel. Each pokemon gains a type strong against the starter their weak against's type, except the penguin, which sohuld be able to learn Ice Beam anyway. Also, Lapras and Chimecho(might) get pre-evos.

Back?! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

...Damn. I don't like ANY of those evos. >< *sigh* I'll probably just end up transferring starters from Ruby or Sapphire instead of actually using one of the new ones... Blah...
    Yeah, I can break necks with my mind.

Veteran Trainer

o.o Ok. I'm just going to edit this post, because alot of typing is gonna occur over the next few hours...

1) Only 114 new Pokemon? Say WHAT? I do hope that's wrong . I was hoping around 160 or something like that.

2) The Pre-Evo list....
    **And just in case-I'm gonna list the Pre-Evo's right here.
    DP has so far: Subomi, Pinpiku, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Munchlax, Tamanta.
    Theoretically: Pre Evo of Lapras and Chimiecho {Wtf Chimecho?}
    --We also may have a pre-evo or Cherimu, but I won't count that since Cherimu itself is new.

Honestly. Everyone. Do we NEED a Chimecho Pre-Evo? No, seriously. That takes the cake, I thought Chanseypoop did it, but no, that guy did it all.

3) Starters. I'm actually liking all three.
    3a. Still going with Grass, but... into Grass/Ground, Ice Beam 4TW -.-... That makes me sad. However, the name prompty reminded me of Venusaur's Japanese name which I'm not gonna try to attempt to spell right now.
    3b. Ok, no lie, the Fire-Monkey looks crazy. Even though its another Blaziken, May have better defenses, or higher speed, since its a monkey. He looks crazy though!
    3c. OK! Water Steel. Not funny. This typing went from obsolete to common u_U

4) Evolved form of Korobooshi! OMFG ITS PIMPMON! COMPLETE WTH PIMP CAME! Ready to smack Volbishes and Illumiggas DOWN!

5) Umm they got some Real cool Wolf looking joint THAT I HOPE turns out to be Mightyena's evolved form, because that beast looks sexy :O.

The Gym's and Badges are looking cool, I'm surprised at the order that they are in-(theoretically). We finally got enough Electric Variation to warrant a challenge? xD.

Tomorrow should be a fun day :O.

o.O EDIT: Umm yeah flib just threw up the sprites . Holy hell at all the Evos. Im not gonna spoil them, just...go and check them out for yourself at your own risk.

Entertaining quotes!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

The monkey really dissappoints me, I was hoping for a Fire gorilla, not some crapy fight-chimp. The turtle is awesome, even though it will be next to useless to the penguin, I like it's type. The penguin seems to have a pretty crappy type, but it looks cool.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by frylock
    The monkey really dissappoints me, I was hoping for a Fire gorilla, not some crapy fight-chimp. The turtle is awesome, even though it will be next to useless to the penguin, I like it's type. The penguin seems to have a pretty crappy type, but it looks cool.
    Water/Steel?

x2 vulnerable to Electric, Fighting and Ground.
    x2 resistant to Normal, Water, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon and Dark
    x4 resistant to Ice and Steel
    Immune to Poison.

Sounds pretty decent to me.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

isn't x4 weak against electric? I never really looked at it, sorry.

Veteran Trainer

Actually, fry-man, Steel isn't at all weak against Electric.

...Yeah, I never understood that, either.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Should Steel be weak against Electric? I don't see why...
    ...heck, Steel can already be considered "weak" against Electric just because it isn't strong against it.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Veteran Trainer

Steel should be weak against Water and Electric both. If Rock can be eroded by Water, then Steel can be rusted by it.

Also, if Water can conduct Electric attacks, then so should Steel.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Looking at Enpeturo's base stats, assuming it's in the usual HP/A/D/S/SA/SD format, you'd be still wanting to attack it with Fighting or Ground - it's base SD of 101 is better than its Defence of 88.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219