Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All pokemon icons revealed... Surprises and dissappointments!!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default All pokemon icons revealed... Surprises and dissappointments!!

I hate posting links, but this is amazing!!

http://pokeguide.filb.de/icons.php

On this website it shows every single pokemon icon... Including DP!!! It includes several startling evos most are just guesses, so you can have oyur own opinion but here are my thoughts on'em: Misdrevious(evo), Porygon (pre-evo I think), Magmar(evo), Tangela(evo), Aipom(evo), Yanma(evo), Gligar (evo maybe), Murkrow (evo), Possible grass ice eevee evo, Weird Guardevoir scyther looking freak, Lickitung (evo), Nosepass (evo), Togetic (evo), Swinub/Pilsowine (evo), most likely Chimecho (evo)...

It is really crazy, most of my examples are just educated guesses, but they are pretty well educated... Porygon3... or (.5)... who knows...

AaaaaAaaah! The avenged Popefold

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: All pokemon icons revealed... Surprises and dissappointments!!

Actually, posting links to outside sites is usually fine, as long as you post to the specific material rather than the main site. (You seem to have done that here.)

But although I usually trust filb, it's a little hard to believe they'd have all these icons before anyone else. Have you seen any reference to where they got them?
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Actually, posting links to outside sites is usually fine, as long as you post to the specific material rather than the main site. (You seem to have done that here.)

But although I usually trust filb, it's a little hard to believe they'd have all these icons before anyone else. Have you seen any reference to where they got them?
    Well, not really, but they do seem pretty serious, as they are pretty accurate and such...

They might be fake, but they seem real, Either way, if they are real then they are pretty cool!

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Looking at serebii, their genuineity... genuineness... GAH how genuine they are seems confirmed to be true.

I'm back.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Most of the new guys seem to be evolutions, looking through it again I see Magneton, Rhydon, Sableye, Dusclops, and two pokemon that could be a Bannette split evolution. Manafi and Lucario have pre-evos as well. I can't believe they have a Yanma evolution, but no Shuckle or Dunsparce evolution.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

The icons are real. IIRC they're ripped from the ROM.
    Stop trembling
    Open your eyes
    Release your own time! Shootin’ star going towards the future!
    Draw the arch of light
    You’ll reach it, if you keep believing
    When the voice that calls for you
    Bursts open in your heart
    Everything will start, Believer!

Back?! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Some of those like neat. I want Pachirisu and the bunny thing. o.o I am disappointed by the lack of variety, though. A lot of those seem to just be evos or pre-evos, with less kinds of new and unique Poke's. ><
    Yeah, I can break necks with my mind.

Cloyster Moderator

Murkrow gets an evo too. I'm surprised at how many seem to be related to the old pokemon and two new Eeveelutions! Some of them I'm really intrigued about and can't wait to find out their relationship to each other let alone to old pokemon.

Base stats and types can be found on this page. Not sure if they match up with the ordering of the icons on Filb's list, but definitely worth looking at.

Edit: looks like they do!
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Hmm... I had a theory about this. Could this be true?

--> -->

My first 6 Level 100s on Diamond: Happy Ness, Rampardos, Garchomp, Lucario, Kleo, Mallow

"Name an animal with three letters in its name." "Alligator." The Richard Dawson-era of Family Feud always had the stupidest contestants with the funniest answers.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yeah, I spent trhe last few hors comparing base stats to the icons. The eeveelutions are primarily Def-with high Atk and Sp Atk That gives us 7 Eevees each with a balanced structure. All we need now is our Dragon Eevee, and we have all the special Eevee's taken care of.

Here's something interesting. With this generation and the amount of evolutions, pre or post, I compiled a list of who has yet to be touched from each generation.

RBY: Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Ditto, Pinsir, Aerodactyl.

GSC: Dunsparce, Skarmory, Girafarig, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Heracross, Corsola, Delibird, Stantler, Miltank, Smeargle

RSE: Sableye, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Illumise, Volbeat, Lunatone, Solrock, Zangoose, Seviper, Torkoal, Spinda, Castform, Kecleon, Relicanth, Luvdisc, Tropius, Absol

Now, I know there is some speculation about Sableye having an evolved form, I dunno, that don't look crap like Sableye, but then again, Octillery dosen't look shire like Remoraid, now does it? And for like Miltank and Tauros, I'm sure they'llhave some common pre evo- same with Kangaskhan-they'll make a pre-evo and a branch Evo.

And wtf is up with Gardevoir and the Scyther blade killer look? Musta got tired of being called a girly mon...

Now, for Pokemon that will mostly likely get another evolution-since ones similar to them got a third-or second.

RBY: Jynx, Mr Mime, Dodrio, Eggexcute

GSC: Xatu, Donphan

RSE: Glalie, Grumpig, Banette

All in all, I think that no Pokemon will be left without having at least one evo. o.o So yeah, I believe there will be one more generation.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

[color=silver]Argh, dizzifying! It hurts me eyes to try and identify those buggers! >< But some of those possibly legendaries look intreguing... one looks a bit like Mew ^_^

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Cloyster Moderator

Yeah, I spent trhe last few hors comparing base stats to the icons.
    Did the same here

Serebii and Coronis from SPP have been playing the game and posting their findings in the thread I linked to above, which includes some full-size sprites, and some the old pokemon that will be returning (may give some hints as to exactly who gets an evo/prevo).

Anyway, does anyone know if any sites have extracted all the full-size sprites yet?
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff

Serebii and Coronis from SPP have been playing the game and posting their findings in the thread I linked to above, which includes some full-size sprites, and some the old pokemon that will be returning (may give some hints as to exactly who gets an evo/prevo).
    That, or the official artwork? I really would prefer that over the sprites. Heck thinking about it, do I have official art work of any of the Deoxys yet?

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Cloyster Moderator

I'd like to see the artwork too, but given the state of things now, it's more likely that we'll be getting sprites before all of the artwork (btw, Filb says he's working on the sprites edit: actually that's pika from Filb's site).

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I'm pretty sure the base types match, the starters types, Palkia and Diaruga's types, and a bunch of pokemon whose types are already revealed match up. If they do, the slicey Gardevoir is psychic/fighting, the fat mouse Beaver guy is Normal/Water, and the creepy vampire thing towards the end is pure Dark. All the evolutions types match up as well, except the thing that looks like it could be a Nosepass evo is Rock/Steel.

EDIT: I found what could be a Dunsparce evo. He's the goofy yellow whitish guy near Diaruga and Palkia. According to the type list, he's pure Normal. I knw it seems stupid to place an evo after the legendaries, but you never know.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

The raw stats/type list matches the icon list right up to #493, when it gets a little weird

Filb has posted a revised icon list today that shows that the last 6 icons are in fact alternate icons for earlier types. However, note that the box icons don't include different ones for Deoxys or Unown forms - there will be a bunch of extra sprites in the full sized list, as well as this gender thing.

Supposedly, in the stats list, #494 and 495 are blank (the ones with all stats at 10 and type Normal/Normal), with #496-498 matching up with Deoxys stats. 499/500 don't seem to match up.

I have to admit, I'm excited! The extra evolution stages for a lot of previously 1 or 2 stage types is going to be nice for those of us who already use those types. I like a lot of the new designs, and there are a bunch of interesting new type combos.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Pokemon I'm looking forward to:

The Ghost/Dragon

Piloswine's evolution

Murkrow's evolution

Tangela's evo

Magmar's

Those Ice/Grass types

That bee that turns into a honeycomb, then that huge...thing.

Cloyster Moderator

I don't know about anyone else but I'm really psyched about the new eeveelutions. Has anyone noticed that their types, Grass and Ice, lend them to representing Summer and Winter, kind of like how Espeon and Umbreon represent day and night? Not saying that we'll evolve them those times of the year, but they might get weather moves associated with them though, like Sunny Day and Hail. Yeah, even though SD wouldn't be that useful on the Grass type.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Yeah, even though SD wouldn't be that useful on the Grass type.
    Sunny Day allows you to fire Solarbeams every turn, it increases the effectiveness of the Grass-type healing move Synthesis, and it grants a speed boost to pokémon with the Chlorophyll special ability. A Grass-type with Sunny Day, Synthesis, Solarbeam, and Chlorophyll would be impressive. There might even be a way to get a Fire-type attack into that fourth move slot to use against enemy Bug, Ice and Steel-types, who knows?

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Hidden Power Fire anyone?

However! The new Missy Evo is SCARY!

Jynx and Mimey should've gotten one too!

Lickitung Evo, lookslike it's crossed a bit with a Wigglytuff.

The Buzz and Magmar Evos,great for power!

Aipom Evo... are it'shands... blood soaked?

There's also an odd Magneton+Chimecho evo. Creepy....

I will enjoy using the old fellows and boosting them up! Yamna! Electabuzz! Lickitung! Misdreavus!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I see the Ice type Eeveelution being useless, unless it has some better stats than Vaporeon.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Cloyster Moderator

Have you guys seen the base stats I linked to earlier? The ice one is basically an ice-type Umbreon, good defenses, bad attacks stats, it just needs a recovery move. The grass type has a pretty sorry looking SA but good attack, so Sunnybeam and HP fire wouldn't work out to well for it, good point about synthesis though, didn't think about that one.

Edit: never mind, looks like it's special attack isn't that bad after all, I thought it was like in the 60s...

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Did I see a grass evolution Eevee, maybe it can be evolved from a Leaf stone, and I hope it learns Roar or something like that. That way we can have a Psuedo-hazing Grass type.

And whats the other eevee? maybe Steel or Flying? or Maybe Ice?

(my first challenge complete)

TERRY's GROUND CHALLENGE 2006- (Monotype Challenge) TPM RBY
    (my 2nd challenge)

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

The two new Eevees are Grass and Ice, as mentioned above. Base stats I have are:

Eevee Grass: HP65 A110 D130 S95 SA60 SD65
    Eevee Ice: HP65 A60 D110 S65 SA130 SD95

Ice looks very interesting - extreme base Special attack and excellent defence stats, but second rate speed and attack. Will it learn Sheer Cold???
    rinku

Cloyster Moderator

Wait, I was under the impression that the order is HP, AT, DF, SA, SD, SP, is any order confirmed?

Anyway, Eevee will not evolve into the grass type with the Leaf Stone, they've never had a pokemon evolve by a means that was accessible before, but wouldn't evolve it.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

You never know, I would personally place money on the Leaf stone and a new "Ice Stone" or perhaps we'll have NeverMeltIce and MiracleSeed attached to Eevee to trade evolve. BUt the former seems more realistic.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Both Eevee and Leaf Stones were available in Red/Blue. They didn't work then, so they won't work now. Remember, we're talking about the guys who made eggs hatch into middle-stage pokémon unless one of the parents was holding incense. If Leafeon/Foleon/whatever evolves from Leaf Stones, it'll have to be something like "only during dusk while holding the DNA ADJUSTER item" or you'll have to grind up the Leaf Stone with a Berry Blender-like thing and feed Eevee the resulting Leaf Powder or something even more bizarre.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'd hope they'd be nice to use and let us use the Leaf Stone for the Grass Eeveelution (Solareon sounds kinda cool, since solar energy is pretty major to Grass-Types, plus it'd sound pretty good along with the other -eons). No clue how we'd get the Ice one...

My major worry is that all these new pre-evos are going to require obscene amounts of work to evolve, and the new evos will be just as tough to get. Hopefully most will be normal, and only a few will require happiness or something. For the love of god, I hope there aren't any more like Feebas (unless they make it a LOT easier to get Milotic). I wasn't that great at making PokéBlocks (not to the necessary levels, anyway), and I have no idea how well the bread will work.
    The one and only Pokemaster Ash
    Pokémon Master, and a bunch of other otaku-ish things...

Former ASB Veteran Trainer
    Owner of every Pokémon

Fanboy of Sabrina (Pokémon), Mistral & Mireille (.hack//), and probably quite a few others I've forgotten at the moment ^_^;

Cloyster Moderator

It doesn't seem like all of them will be hard to get. At first I was afraid that some would only evolve when traded over the Internet, but now it seems that Electabuzz and Magmar will evolve when traded with certain hold items, Murkrow and Misdreavus will evolve with the new Dark Stone, and Togetic and Roselia will evolve with the new Light Stone. Still haven't found out how to evolve Eevee into the new ones, but again I doubt it'll evolve into the grass one with the Leaf Stone.

Webmaster Administrator
    Administrator

If I could figure out what to do with a bunch of NCGR files extracted from the game, then maybe TPM could get some actual D/P images up.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

(resist the urge to ask for Kevin's autograph)

I gotta say, are these new Light and Dark Stones really necessary? I mean, what's next? A Psycho Stone and a Dragon Stone? Couldn't they have just made it so that Togetic, Murkrow, Roselia, and Misdreavus evolve via trading with some obscenely-hard-to-find item attached?

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron
    Both Eevee and Leaf Stones were available in Red/Blue. They didn't work then, so they won't work now.
    Not to be a ballbuster, but my Chansey's Eggs have been around for awhile, and they never hatched into baby pre-Chanseys, either.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Elite Trainer

Kevin!?! Wow, I haven't seen him post in forever, even when I was PBuG.

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster
    I gotta say, are these new Light and Dark Stones really necessary? I mean, what's next? A Psycho Stone and a Dragon Stone? Couldn't they have just made it so that Togetic, Murkrow, Roselia, and Misdreavus evolve via trading with some obscenely-hard-to-find item attached?

Not to be a ballbuster, but my Chansey's Eggs have been around for awhile, and they never hatched into baby pre-Chanseys, either.
    They're necessary for some people. I don't have anyone to trade with, and I don't have access to WiFi unless I feel like walking to the cafe a few blocks away just to play a game (although I'll be working there this time next year.)

Marill, Azumarill, and Wobbuffet were around in GSC, and they didn't make little Azurills and Wynauts until they had babies with Incense attached. So, your point with Pinpuku and Chansey is moot, since there will doubtlessly be another Incense or similar item.

I'm back.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Hmph.

Touche.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Elite Trainer

Voila, proof!

Eerie Incense: MimeJr (from Mr Mime)
    Rock Incense: Bonsly (from Sudowoodo)
    Flower Incense: Subomi (from Roselia/Rosereido)
    Lucky Incense: Pinpuku (from Chansey/Blissey)
    Full Stomach Incense: Munchlax (from Snorlax)
    Small Wave Incense: Tamanta (from Mantine)
    Clean Incense: Riishan (from Chimecho)

Info from Serebii, currently my second favorite website evar.

Also, some evolution methods:
    Sneasel evolves by levelling up at night with the item Sharp Claw.
    Gligar evolves by levelling up at night with the item Sharp Fang.
    Eevee evolves into Leafia by levelling up in front of the Moss Stone.
    Eevee evolves into Glacia by levelling up in front of the Ice Stone.
    Rhydon evolves by being traded with an item whose name I forgot.

I'm back.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Wait, I was under the impression that the order is HP, AT, DF, SA, SD, SP, is any order confirmed?
    The order on raw data on the carts has *always* been speed before Specials, despite how it's displayed in-game.

Compare the raw numbers with some of the published stat screenshots on Serebii and you'll see.
    rinku

Cloyster Moderator

Ah thanks for that, I actually thought that the data Serebii listed would be in the same order as in his pokedex, upon double checking I noticed that the same list has the stats for the 3 special Deoxys forms, which agree with the HP, AT, DF, SP, SA, SD ordering. So that means Glacia will have a good SA, I'm really looking forward to training all seven Eevee evolutions now. One thing I'm wondering about the new ones though is, do you have to level them up DIRECTLY in front of the rocks, or do you just have to be training Eevee in the same area as them? I know it doesn't matter if you have rare candies, just curious.

Elite Trainer

One thing I'm wondering about the new ones though is, do you have to level them up DIRECTLY in front of the rocks, or do you just have to be training Eevee in the same area as them? I know it doesn't matter if you have rare candies, just curious.
    That's an interesting question... Could someone with an account at serebiiforums ask that of Serebii or Coronis, or possibly PurpleKecleon?

My team?:

*Beequeen
    *Enperuto
    *Muumaaji
    Rampard (Or whatever Zugaidosu's evo is)
    Leafia
    Neorantu

* = pokemon I really want, some of my new faves.

ENPERUTO IS BAD-ASS.

I'm back.

Cloyster Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    If I could figure out what to do with a bunch of NCGR files extracted from the game, then maybe TPM could get some actual D/P images up.
    Good luck with that
    http://pokeguide.filb.de/index.php?s...t_from=&ucat=&
    They've been trying, and after almost a week haven't gotten it figured out.

Hmm. Although I'm all for a grass eevee, I'm rather opposed to an Ice eevee.

I mean, sure Ice and Water are two different forms of matter, but they're also too
    closely related.

There are so many other types.

Steel...Flying...etc.
    &quot;Light shines, two Stones, one is red, one is blue. By the two powers, the past connects, by the two powers, light shines. And then, A new world can be seen, The next world will be created by you, It has already begun&quot; ~ Braile translation from Fire Red/Leaf Green

Elite Trainer

Ice and Water are completely different types, though. Ice's strengths are Grass, Ground, Flying, and Dragon. Water's are Fire, Ground, and Rock. Ice's weaknesses are Fire, Fighting, Rock, and Steel. Water's are Electric and Grass. They are opposite with Fire, Grass, and Rock. The only type in common on either list is Ground. So, even though in reality water and ice are similar, the types Water and Ice are different. A Steel evo would be cool, as would a Dragon, but neither of them have the type diversity that the types of Eevee do.

Anyway, let's discuss the awesomeness that is Megayanma. It is BADASS. I must have one...

I'm back.